[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
British Principle Wants Fantasy Books Banned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
"Buying sensational books is like feeding your child with spoons of added sugar," Whiting wrote, "heaps of it, and when the child becomes addicted it will seek more and more, which if related to books, fills the bank vaults of those who write un-sensitive books for young children!"

Looks like books are next on the binning list for Brits.

http://www.latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-jc-harry-potter-brain-damage-20160509-snap-story.html
>>
>>73706408
Fantasy book tax soon
>>
>>73706408
How did he become a Headmaster if he is against kids reading books?
>>
>>73706408
Sounds like they're trying to destroy any literature more interesting than the Quaran so that kids will be inclined to pick it up.

They're going to need a pretty big landfill.
>>
>>73706763
Since when was the education system for anything but indoctrination?
>>
File: 1.jpg (18 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
18 KB, 350x350
>>73706408
Its just pottery.
>>
>>73706763
No you are mistaken, he just wants to ban books that are bad for children's health. Think of the children!
>>
>>73706408
Fantasy novels and stories are usually pretty racist. It's probably a good idea to get rid of them in a multicultural society.
>>
File: not even mad.jpg (28 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
not even mad.jpg
28 KB, 720x405
>>73706408
>next generation gets into reading again with reverse psychology.
>>
Harry Potter is terribly written.
>>
File: frogposting.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
frogposting.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>73706408

>worrying about kids read too much
>>
Harry Potter is haram
>>
>>73706408
>British ''''''''''''''Intellectuals'''''
>>
>>73706408
Oi m8, chuck that book! (It rhymes if your a poorthener)
>>
>>73706408
>John Keats
>Mary Shelley
Those are fantasy too though.
>>
>>73706408
Since it's Britain, I expect them to ban any books that don't glorify the great Allah.
>>
Britain's in the race to the bottom, but so is much of the West. The question is who's winning the race.
>>
>>73706408
>Children addicted to reading books
>Children reading a lot is a bad thing

What the fuck am I reading? What planet is this?
>>
Good. Letting your children be genre fiction plebs should be considered child abuse. Ban mystery, romance, horror, etc novels as well.
>>
England is getting more and more like the middle east everyday. Baba Vanga predicted this for Europe
>>
File: Homer reads the koran.png (470 KB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
Homer reads the koran.png
470 KB, 840x525
>>73707348
This is the only book I need.
>>
>>73706408
To be honest, he is right.

I wouldn't ban the books of course but reading them after the age of 14 or whatever should be discouraged. It's just the equivalent of fast food or getting your news off Twitter instead of long articles in a paper.

Not trying to sound like a fedora. I think everyone has felt before how hard a certain book or movie was to consume and how tempting it was to put it aside for something more sensational but how ultimately, it just gave you a lot less and stunted your potential development.

I don't think the current trend of grown people only reading young adult fantasy fiction should be brushed off as just a matter of taste. Everyone falls prey to it sometimes, but we definitely shouldn't encourage it.
>>
>>73706408
Good. Harry Potter is literally propaganda

> the house against race mixing is considered the evil house
> the guy who wants to keep the wizard race alive is a bad man who kills unicorns and wants to take over the world!
> harry fucks jenny, diluting the ginger gene even more
>>
>>73706408
We NEED this to happen.

The UK is the new global clown, the Sweden show got boring.

Is there a poll we can vote on to support this? I wanna hear Britbongs interviewed about this.
>>
>>73706928
Good post
>>
>>73707715
>Whiting praised the "old-fashioned values of traditional literature," offering as examples William Shakespeare, John Keats, Charles Dickens and "Shelley."

this has fucking nothing to do with anything middle east related. why do people on this board have such an obsession with pakis?

and even if it did, its one guys opinion out of 65 million you fucking tuss
>>
>>73707123
It's based on a true story.
>>
About time. My mother was killed by a b*ok.
>>
>>73707123
Not really. It isn't Narnia, but it isn't Eragon either.
>>
>>73708073

>Charles Dickens
>Mary Shelley
>Not fantasy
>>
>>73706408

The only brain damage here is the principal. Seriously, we went through this shit back in the day with Mary Shelly and things like Frankenstein.

Fuck binning the books, bin the principal.
>>
>>73706763

If the children were able to read in the future and seek out information on their own, it wouldn't really be a good thing, now would it? And what's worse, they might even learn to read sources critically.
>>
>>73708429
We are very sorry to hear that
>>
So this... is the power... of multiculturalism... woah... Book burnings & witch hunting when?
>>
>>73709115
soon™
>>
>>73706408
>implying he's wrong
only the holy Q'uran should be allowed
>>
>>73709400
Implying anyone wants to read your shit scribbles.
>>
>>73707187
>what was the Industrial Revolution
>>
I live quite close to the school that this man is the head of. It's a radical alternative school. It has a sister school in London that was in the news a few months ago for banning technology from the pupils' lives. The original school also does the same thing.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/sep/29/the-no-tech-school-where-screens-are-off-limits-even-at-home
>>
>>73709871
Didn't exactly happen during even our grandparents lifetimes. A lot of water has run down the Themse and Danube since then.
>>
>>73707123
Hey guys, I'm James, I'm really sick of these fucking SHEEP WITH THEIR MAINSTREAM TASTES! Haha! Sorry! Xekle! I just get mad at these fucking normies all the time! And if you don't know what Xekle means, why are we talking? Anyway, I'm glad that together, we can fight this mainstream trash! Anything that's popular just is shit, am I right?
>>
>>73706408

He's pretty much right wanting to ban YA shit and stuff like Harry Potter. The only magical thing that series has done is trick people into thinking it has literary merit when all it really is, is commercial crap designed solely for publishers, movie studios, the author, etc. To make money.
>>
>>73706408
>Christians

When can we remove Medieval religions like this from our society?
>>
>>73706408
You can barely get kids to read.
>I know how to fix that, let's remove any enjoyment to reading.
Fucking stoooopid
>>
>>73708073
>old-fashing values [...] offering as examples William Shakespeare
So fantasy is bad, but constant sex jokes are a-okay? Bongistan nuked when?
>>
>>73710664

That was pretty autistic. All he said was that some children's book is poorly written.
>>
File: 1450364496828.jpg (255 KB, 1200x967) Image search: [Google]
1450364496828.jpg
255 KB, 1200x967
>>73707187
Sorry m8 but I'm going to have to BTFO you.
>>
>>73706408
>one person is against something
>therefore it will be banned
just another day of burgers being fucking mongs
>>
>>73706408

>British Principle Wants Fantasy Books Banned

Do we? Sounds like one person does and hes a retard.
>>
>>73713534

'The Tempest' wasn't fantasy at all, neither was 'A Midsummers Night'.
>>
File: 1415241076226.jpg (34 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
1415241076226.jpg
34 KB, 300x450
>It's just one principle
Literally doesn't matter
If you have a problem, don't go to shitty alternative schools
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.