[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on gluten Is it really as unhealthy as people claim?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 28
File: sources-of-gluten.jpg (238 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
sources-of-gluten.jpg
238 KB, 849x565
redpill me on gluten

Is it really as unhealthy as people claim?

is it causing health problems and allergies?

should gluten be avoided for a meat,vegetable, dairy diet?
>>
>>73702072
No

No

No

Now stop being a little bitch and eat your bread
>>
File: 0923754982734.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
0923754982734.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
If you eat it, your dick will fly off.
>>
it's good for you unless you have celiac disease
>>
>>73702234
>>73702284
This tbqh familia.
It's just some retarded hippie bullshit, like the whole "All GMOs are bad" and "Vaccinations cause autism" movements.
>>
>>73702072
Gluten is mostly a meme

The reap issue is muricans eat too many simple (white) carbs

Focus on consuming a healthy diet of lean protein sources supplemented by fibre, some dairy and whole grains
>>
>>73702072
No.
No.
I don't know but probably not.
If you want, yes, but probably gluten isn't the guilty one.
Probably almost all you ailments are occasioned by excess calories in a long time, disrupting your hormonal balance.
Most fuckers when eat less bread also eat less.
>>
>>73702072
Gluten is fine. Gladiators were vegans with a grain based diet.

Don't buy into the disinfo. Try to go whole/sprouted grains, and you can even use vital wheat gluten as a meat substitute.

Watch out for added sugar and preservatives.
>>
>>73702408
>>73702539

so what is it about white bread thats bad in perticular?
>>
File: Boulez laughs.jpg (77 KB, 318x382) Image search: [Google]
Boulez laughs.jpg
77 KB, 318x382
>>73702539
>gladiators were vegans
>>
>>73702700
Nothing per se.
In the context of a common american diet, probably adds up to the caloric content of the diet.
And thats the bad thing, too many calories too much time.
>>
>>73702700
Everything white is automatically bad
>>
>>73702800
Oh, and the lack of fiber makes it easily digestible and then makes you hungry in short time.
>>
>>73702234
Fpbp. Unless you have allergies, it's perfectly healthy. People have been eating gluten for thousands of years and their docks haven't flown off just yet.
>>
>>73702072
The only bad thing you can say about gluten is that process of digesting gluten requires more enery compared to other foods. So if you feel tired all the time, you should try quitting bread and see if it helps.

Otherwise it is just a meme that people use to make money (like everything in America)
>>
>>73702072
Being anti-gluten is cool like tattoos and polyamory.
>>
File: 1445330418806.png (104 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1445330418806.png
104 KB, 450x300
>>73702072
>Is it really as unhealthy as people claim?
Only if you have crohn's disease, which only around 5% of the American population have.
>>
>>73702072
Less than 2% of the population is gluten intolerant..

The rest are fucking morons
>>
I have a gluten allergy that causes severe migraines when I eat wheat, but I'm not celiac.
>>
>>73703030
Kek.

Also look at that odd digit.
>>
>>73702234
You body didn't evolve to eat bread, it wasn't a think.

Gluten makes you depressed and it is unhealthy and turns into sugar and makes you fat.

PALEO
>>
>>73703283
pussy
>>
File: 34254.png (87 KB, 1095x847) Image search: [Google]
34254.png
87 KB, 1095x847
just drink a glass of olive oil every night and you gonna be ok
>>
>>73702072
it's their newest trick to charge you twice for the same product
dont be naive
>>
>>73702539
This is why white men are frail. Black men are higher test and sexier.
>>
>>73703030
This.

People who fall for the "gluten is literally poison" meme are people who also think that eating ground up sea urchin shells will make you loose weight specifically in your forearms.
>>
>>73703521
hahahaha get aload of this trendy retard
we have been eating bread for 10s of thousands of years
>>
It's the same as the whole "organic" shit. It's just something liberals do to feel superior to normal people
>>
All this shilling for the jew wheat companies, I bet next you guys will say that high fructose corn syrup is perfectly fine and vegetable oils are a 'healthier fat' than red meat sources.

Pretty funny opinions for /pol/

I hate the idea of n=1 but avoiding high gluten foods have fixed the health complaints of most people I have been able to convince to properly attempt for at least a month. Examples:

My mothers rheumatoid arthritus, she can actually remove her wedding ring after 20 years and her finger mobility came back. She did the 'paleo' meme and then swapped to a more realistic, just avoid wheat. Also GIT issues, loss of weight issues general malaise completely reversed, she is 68 this year and actually feels well enough to begin weightlifting for the first time in her life.

My roomates torettes syndrome, literally socially crippling ticks since early childhood. Ceased gluten while keeping his lifestyle entirely the same. 90% reduction in his symptoms, literally comes back the next day if he has a 'binge day'

Current GF, western foods just rape the shit out of her as she is asian. Her family went from a traditional asian diet to a more western diet over the course of a few years. Eating things like spagetti and sandwhiches instead of rice. Entire family has balooned with red faces even though keeping the exact same lifestyle. Convinced gf to try avoiding gluten, she can't eat any gluten meals.

Myself, chronic tonsilitus (used to get it at the start of every school semester when I began eating sandwhiches as a child) , malaise, poor weight gain, GIT problems, cystic acne, psioriases. All reversed over a year when I turned 18 and stopped eating wheat, sticking to meat, vegetables, fish, some starches. I gain muscle significantly easier now.

If I eat sourdoughs and other fermented grain products like soy sauce I am fine. But its at the stage where a single slice of white bread will literally fuck me up with GIT pain.
>>
File: 1461224632287.jpg (14 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
1461224632287.jpg
14 KB, 460x288
>>73702072

idk. I have a friend who will both admit that he's never tested positive for celiac but adamantly claim that he has it because "LOL FALSE NEGATIVES" and "ONLY 2 PEOPLE CAN REALLY DIAGNOSE IT" and gets psychosomatic hives/redness on their face along with "mental clouding."

Rofl it's just yuppie bullshit like veganism or paleointologic diets.
>>
>>73703793
And the anatomically modern human evolved BEFORE the advent of agriculture, faggot. Post agriculture man is a drop in the bucket compared to all of human history (think about 10%)
>>
>>73703838
But I am superior to you. Enjoy cancer and the shitty care your socialized government provides
>>
>>73702072

No.
No.
No.

If you have coeliac disease, then it kills your insides in a rather serious and empirically verifiable manner and you should avoid it like the fucking plague. If you don't have that, then it's just a meme.
>>
File: argue.jpg (80 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
argue.jpg
80 KB, 750x563
>>73702072

It's not that wheat is bad, it's that new new dwarf wheat strains that we use in EVERYTHING is bad compared to the old stuff that we ate for "thousands" of years. It contains gluten peptides that didn't exist in "natural" wheat that we used to eat.

Many many people have slight gluten intolerances, without realizing it. Bad allergies, weird immune problems like raynaud's, general digestive problems. Even migraines and seizures.

People go off the wheat for a few months and all this shit just disappears. It's not coincidence. Add that to the fact that most bread is also loaded with extra sugar and empty carbs, and it makes good sense to just avoid it and eat something else.

I'm a fit fuck that hasn't eaten bread in years. I don't miss it.
>>
>>73704377
if new strains are so bad then why no company started selling old strains and become millionaires?
>>
>>73704353
I bet you're 50 pounds overweight.
>>
>>73704514

Because the new strains are used because of the insane production capability. If you can get ten times the yield, financially why would you use anything else?
>>
File: doginhat2.jpg (74 KB, 630x945) Image search: [Google]
doginhat2.jpg
74 KB, 630x945
>Friends with liberal hipster girl
>She's like 5' 2", 110 lbs.
>Eats an entire large pizza by herself
>"omg i feel like shit it must be all that gluten"

It's a meme, OP. Unless you've got coeliac, there's literally no reason to avoid gluten. Don't be a fat pig, and you won't suffer from the supposed "gluten intolerance" symptoms.
>>
>>73704079
Interestingly enough, went to Europe a few years ago, bread I ate in cafes over there to test is fine and has no ill effects on me. A good french croissant was perfectly fine. German pretzels, fine no worries.

I have another 2 friends who complained of acne which reversed when they abstained from wheat products for more than a month.

Not saying to fall for the paleo meme or gluten free meme, just attempt it properly for a month and see how you feel. Same thing with milk, fine for me, for my partner literally fucks her life up. You need to experiment with what foods work for your body by removing single items at a time.
>>
>>73704680
>why would you use anything else?
because faggots like you will be willing to pay extra for "old strain disease free" bread?
>>
>>73704377
Summed it up nicely friendo.
>>
Ultimate Redpill coming through!

Dr. Glidden on Youtube is redpilled as fuck, and an expert in medical nutrition and says that barley, rye, oats and wheat are bascially the devil among other stuff.

watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WCzq-a1z7A

Here's the thing though: while he's not wrong about gluten even causing autism in unborn babies and human bodies not digesting it properly, it's probably not going to ruin you unless you are intolerant for. Personally I just find it hard to find bread not made from gluten products in stores.
>>
>>73703630
>drink a glass of olive oil every night
I heard it was for breakfast and you'll live to over 100 years old.
>>
>>73702724
http://www.rense.com/general49/vegg.htm

Your right, veganism didn't exist. But they were vegetarian.
>>
>>73704809
Why when there are hundreds of better foods sources to get nutrition from? Are you a gyros bread maker or something anon ?
>>
>>73703521
Why does god give daily breads and circuses then?
>>
>>73704079
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>73703630
>>73704991

>Olive Oil

don't do that unless it's completely freshly pressed and not from a bottle.

Source: also Glidden >>73704935
>>
>>73704552

I am currently overweight, and I would be within the healthy range if I lost 50 pounds, yes, but I would also be in that range if I lost 14.

The fruits of stuffing my face too much and having an inactive job, I guess.
>>
>>73702234
This.

Bread has been the staple of human life for 10,000 years and now all of a sudden it's bad for you?

Bullshit.
>>
>>73704809

They actually do sell it. I think it's called Ezekiel's bread or something, expensive as fuck. Not being a faggot, I just don't buy it.
>>
>>73702072
Daily reminder that the votes of people like OP count just as much as yours.
>>
>>73703630
>Drink a glass of olive oil every night

Enjoy early death you fucking retard.
Olive oil is good-- great even. Don't get me wrong. Just not in that quantity.

I enjoy dipping bread in olive oil and spices or using it in other foods I must prepare, but never drink that shit wtf.
>>
>>73704240
And preagricultural man was lucky to live past 25 you dumb hippy faggot.
>>
>>73702072
tfw wheat allergy and all this gluten free bullshit means I can finally find cheap bread and pasta that tastes pretty alright

THANKS, RETARDS, YOU DID IT
>>
>>73705120
Lol burger, completely ignore any points made and get upset. Do you really believe the nutritional advice of countries like AUS and US which have the highest rates of obesity in the world have any merit?

I could easily prove it to you by simply eating a sandwich every day until my cystic acne came back while changing nothing else about my life and you would still be a horse with blinders.
>>
File: IMG_20160419_182358.jpg (258 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160419_182358.jpg
258 KB, 960x720
Why does /pol/ hate Soros so much? Who is he?
>>
>>73705521
g e n e t i c a l l y i n f e r i o r
>>
>>73705189
It is all calories in versus calories out.

If you want to lose that weight fast, fast. No pun intended. And I'm talking like a 30 day water fast. It is possible just make sure you take a multivitamin and break it up throughout the day so it won't upset your stomach.

Then, use all the money you saved that month on the new clothes you'll need.

There are morbidly obese individuals who have lost 200lbs fasting for up to a year.
>>
>>73705421
seems like you'll die way before olive oil drinkers

>>73703630
RIP
>>
>>73705716
>seems like you'll die way before olive oil drinkers
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (81 KB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
81 KB, 240x234
>>73703630

>mfw im dominican
>mfw my ancestors were from spain
>mfw everyone in my family lives between 80-100 no matter what they eat
>mfw spain is right next to japan

BASED
>>
>>73702072
It is if you have celiac disease. If not, no.
>>
>>73705801
facts are facts
>>
>>73702700
All the good parts about the grains are removed, and substitutes are added. White bread isn't "bad", but you're missing out on the benefits of eating the whole grain kind. What you need to watch out for is "enriched". A sandwich or something with white bread is akin to eating whatever is in the sandwich, along with a wrapper you can eat and hold so your hands don't get dirty.
>>
>>73703010
>crohn's disease
>friend who has crohn's disease eats a salad
>goes poop, invites me to check his work
>looks like the salad was slightly chewed but otherwise just dumped in the toilet with some David Copperfield distraction and illusion

I swear, it was like he hadn't even eaten it, it just flew through his system and didn't even turn brown.
>>
File: 1462215765839.png (71 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1462215765839.png
71 KB, 1456x1108
Have allergies gone up or something? When my wifes son brings baked goods to class he has to use all kinds of special ingredients and have warnings and such because of all the different allergies.

When I was a kid you could bring regular brownies to class and just let any kids know with a nut allergy not to eat them.

Now it seems like kids are allergic to all kinds of things.
>>
>>73705900
And where are those facts? That I consume olive oil at all? It's good for you, Frenchie.
>>
File: Ultimate Redpill coming through.png (231 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate Redpill coming through.png
231 KB, 1366x768
>>73704830
>>73704935
>he's not wrong about gluten even causing autism in unborn babies
[citation needed]

BUY MY BOOK

>inb4 he's a qualified doctor.
He is in private practice with a radio show and selling books.
Guess he couldn't find a good place at a medical university with all his revelatory insight?
>>
>>73705541
I can confirm my acne has cleared up from going vegan, butt pimples went away, too. I wasn't overweight, but I've lifted for 7 years. But I also cut out a lot of other toxins, so I can't say which factor is the cause. But I've been sleeping better, and because I'm doing it for health reasons, and not ethical, I don't freak out if somehow I eat an animal product.

All about ratios. We know what's good for us, will power determines the ratio of good to bad foods we consume.
>>
>>73705701
>tfw automatically healthier than 60% of the global population just by not having American-sized fat reserves
>>
>>73705971
Bunch of fucking faggot kids with even bigger faggot parents
>>
>>73705231

but modern bread isnt the same as ancient bread
>>
>>73705931
Nigga needs to chew thier food better. I had the same problem.
>>
>>73705971
Allergies are going up because we live in a constant state of inflammation, stress, and anabolism.

Americans eat 4 meals a day, even more if you count the soda pop as a meal. The body never gets a chance to mop up all the shit it accumulates from constantly running on high-octane garbage
>>
>>73705821
Ke Lo ke mani
>>
File: frog.png (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
11 KB, 408x408
>>73706136
I imagine, but is some of it legit? I mean are there more allergies now than say 20 years ago?

When I went to high school (2000-2004) I remember there being some kids with nut allergies / no peanut butter and others lactose intolerant, but otherwise nothing.
>>
>>73702072
>is it causing health problems and allergies?

Only in a very small percentage of the population.

People also don't stop drinking cow milk or stop eating peanuts because others are allergic.
>>
>>73702072
>>73702072
I had massive eczema my whole life until I did an elimination diet and identified wheat, specifically, as the cause !

If you don't have problems then bread and wheat, etc. are just carbohydrates with the that level carbohydrates represent, mainly in processed, fatty foods, with little nutritional value.

Fuck though I miss pizza and donuts, they was good. Still, peeling skin, itching, oozing sores, cracking, skin infections, etc ain't worth it.
>>
>>73706276
How do you clean it out? A fast?

I was thinking of doing something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjz_tVSkoYQ

I already eat very healthy though.
>>
>>73706276
>4 meals a day
Are you high?
>>
>>73706081
That's cool, I believe everyone just needs to fuck around and find out what works for them and their body personally.

Pretty funny when I was 18 people thought I was 26, now I am 25 and people think I am 18 when I shave my beard off.
>>
>>73706274
Not that simple. He probably has fucked gut flora from years of bad diet. He literally lacks the digestive cultures to effectively break down plant material.
>>
>>73705821
I'm a quarter Dominican too direct Spanish ancestry. That entire side lived to 90-100+ as well. I can only hope to live that long, but I doubt I will. Esp. cause my Jew genes give me like 1 million diseases that'll probably pop up sometime.
>>
File: harry_hill2.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
harry_hill2.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>73705124
>don't do that unless it's completely freshly pressed and not from a bottle.

My oil always comes from a bottle, do you get yours in barrels?
My diet is fine thanks.
Some nice salad leaves dressed in olive and vinegar is the only way I intend to confuse uncooked olive oil.
>>
>>73702395
It's a serious problem for some people genious

As far as fat gain goes, going Gluten free eliminates a lot of calories that are more or less simple sugars which aren't considered nutritious
>>
>>73706387
>People also don't stop drinking cow milk
I hear milk is poison, and just different people react to it more than others. As you get older you get more sensitive to it and older people are increasingly lactose intolerant.

I agree with peanuts but not so sure about milk, that might be bad all around.
>>
>>73706322
Don't know about the past 20 years.

But allergies are more common when kids don't play in the dirt.
Maybe current kids don't go outside as much as 20 years ago.
>>
>>73705263
Not to be a pretentious faggot, but Ezekiel's bread is quite tasty I often eat it
>>
>>73702539
>Gladiators were vegans with a grain based diet.

Source, and Nigga please.

Modern apoaceae strains are gmo or selective bed for very high gluten

It's like saying weed today is the same as weed in the 1960s
>>
>>73706419
Sucks. I have a coworker with that. We stress him out and he has to poop. My problem was i ate and felt like shit. One time someone said "you ate that thing in like 3 mins, and hardly chewed it." I remember thinking i was a fucking idiot for never noticing i did that.

> tfw i wrote "that thing" because i didn't want to put "hamburger"..
>>
>>73706523
>going Gluten free eliminates a lot of calories

Humans can't even digest them.

>that are more or less simple sugars

They are proteins.
>>
>>73706396
Yes, but it isn't easy if you have legitimately ate garbage for years. A three day fast left me almost vommiting daily from nausea. Ended up getting a colonic and finding out I had build up a film of God knows what, that my body was breaking down, and releasing the toxins into my system. Seeing that much filth come out when you've have nothing but water for 3 days is very shocking.

If you weren't living off of ramen noodles and hamburger helper for 20 years you may have an easier time. But a three day fast has been demonstrated to recycle ineffective cells and stimulate stem cell growth.
>>
>>73706701
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-29723384

Fabian Kanz, from the department of forensic medicine at the Medical University of Vienna.
>>
>>73706405
You need to spend some more time with the average American. Keep in mind, we tell people who want to lose weight to have practically as many small meals as possible.
>>
>>73706547
Not the way I would look at it, you are born with the ability to digest milk which eventually dissapears from lack of consumption and genetic factors. In laymans terms you could say there is a max amount in mls of milk you can process with lactase and when you consume too much your body cannot process it properly.

Asians seem to be unable to handle straight cow's milk in western countries. Cultures such as mongolians have fermented milks which have the lactose digested by bacteria.
>>
File: breakfast.jpg (134 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.jpg
134 KB, 1080x1350
>>73702072
GMO wheat contains pesticide that can cause allergies/stomachaches in a lot of people.
eliminating GMO wheat from their diet makes a lot people feel better.
This is mistaken for gluten sensitivity which really only affects a small number of people.
The problem could be solved by labeling products with GMO wheat or by changing the genetic modification of wheat to resist pests in a different way than by building in pesticide.
I'm not against genetic modification of food because it can increase production but some modification causes problems which makes consumers avoid those products.
>>
>>73706821
I might try a three day fast. Fortunately my diet has been fairly good most my life, give or take a few years, but I've never fasted before. I'm afraid of a colonic though. Maybe I'll work up to it if I did a longer fast. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>73702072
It's really bad for people with or at risk of autoimmune disorders.
>>
>>73706049
I only deleted the other post because it had an older video of him and that one was more up to date.

I don't know what you're trying to prove by making a screenshot of something so unnecessary, you try-hard weirdo.

>Guess he couldn't find a good place at a medical university with all his revelatory insight?

he's ND, not MD. his educational path is in every of his youtube descriptions.
>>
File: soros AAA.png (270 KB, 848x1926) Image search: [Google]
soros AAA.png
270 KB, 848x1926
>>73705545
He is satan incarnate.
>>
>>73706781
You are right, food is meant to be eaten slowly and savored. I just didn't want anyone to assume that is the sole cause of passing food too quickly. If I were a betting man, my money would be on gut flora.

There's a reason the Rockefeller's have been obsessed with gut flora for a century, and that ancient cultures from meso-America, to Egypt, depicted the use of enemas.
>>
80 fucking posts in and no one has mentioned that the main problem with gluten is that it blocks absorption of nutrients in the intestines.

Bread is not poison, it is not "suddenly unhealthy" for you. But yes it does cause bloating and it doesn't give the body any important vitamins/minerals.

As far as people eating breads thousands of years ago those were totally different breads and different farming methods 95% of which we have totally abandoned today (thanks to electricity and mega-farms) but it was how the ancient man got his minerals into his diet.

Just test it for yourselves anons, go 3 weeks without any gluten (pasta, cereal, breads, breading) and try to eat healthy during that time (don't overload on sugar or soda or anything like that) and see how you feel.
>>
>>73702700
>>73702800
white bread spikes your blood sugar the most out of any other food according to the glycolic index

if you eat it with something else tho its ok
>>
>>73707234
>80 fucking posts in and no one has mentioned that the main problem with gluten is that it blocks absorption of nutrients in the intestines.

the video I posted mentioned exactly that.
>>
>>73705971
>my
>>
>>73702072

No
>>
>>73707234
Pretty much this, have a proper go for 3 weeks.

Don't forget they add wheat into almost everything you can buy in the supermarket to increase its 'health rating'.
>>
>>73702539
>>73706886

>The bone analysis was based on excavations of the graves of 22 gladiators from about 1,800 years ago in the Roman town of Ephesus, now in Turkey.
>The bones revealed that the typical food eaten by gladiators was wheat, barley and beans - and this echoed the contemporary term for gladiators as the "barley men".
>There was little sign of meat or dairy products in the diet of almost all of these professional fighters, who performed in front of Roman audiences.
>But there were bones from two people that seemed to have a different pattern, revealing a diet much higher in animal protein and lower in beans and pulses.
>This could show there were gladiators originally from other parts of the Roman empire who had a different type of diet.
>And the next stage of the research will be to use the analysis of the bones to look for where gladiators might have once lived.

It's possible that the more successful gladiators were spending their prize money on meat.
>>
>>73706980
I have a wheat allergy that developed and the gluten-free craze helps me merely by getting the store shelves stocked with wheat-free replacement products.

The wheat-free breads are getting reasonably cheap now, and you can find dessert products, pizza, waffles, pancake mixes, etc that are wheat-free easily now and many of them are quite decent replacements. Without a doubt though, none of the products taste as good (to me) as wheat/gluten products. I just like their taste better.

I can eat literally every grain except wheat, and this developed only in the most recent 10% of my life.
>>
>>73702072
probably not the gluten so much as the tumor-gains glyphosate commonly sprayed all over the wheat crop, soy is also a troublesome food now. Thanks monsanto!
>>
>>73707234
>>73707456
I eat Cheerios cereal in the morning. Do I need to find something else?

I like it because it's low calorie and fast, so I can stay skelle easily on it and still get to my wageslaving job on time.
>>
>>73702700

Why do we chew food? To break it up into smaller, more easily digestible chucks. White bread has maxed it's surface where fluids can stick to and therefore is basically the same as eating pure sugar.
>>
>>73702072
if you have gut problems dont eat it
>>
>>73706794
Yeah but it accompanies a lot of carbohydrates. He means you're eliminating calories as a side effect. Honestly it's possible that people going gluten free will just have the unintended consequence of breaking that "6-11 servings of grains a day" horseshit we were fed by the government as kids, making us less fat overall.

I'd wager half the gluten free fags just need to cut down on eating and actually take care of themselves to see the benefit.
>>
>>73705446
ICE age was tough broheim, what are you going to do? It wasn't the diet you fuckign faggot. And infant mortality rate brings down the average, assuming even you're right and you could tell what the life expectancy was that long ago
>>
>>73707065
Still no third party source for 'gluten causes autism in unborn babies'?
Not surprised.
>>
>>73704935
My experience is similar. I make my own bread now. Once a fortnight I bake a loaf from half spelt flour and half buckwheat flour with homemade sourdough. Mostly because I love the taste. It turns out amazing and I don't get a bloated stomach like from normal bread.
>>
>>73707520
Anthropology,
Mayan society, nobles got to eat meat, farmers ate grains. Nobles had overall better health and less cancers and birth defects etc.

Another point I have, grain fed cattle vs grass fed.

I worked in an abattoir for 2 years and the difference is amazing. Grain fed cattle have much higher incidences of cancers throughout their body, their consistency of their fat is harder with more marbling throughout the muscle. Even the flesh seems to pull away easier at the sinew. I watched well over 50,0000 cattle pass me by at various locations and this is initially what made me decide to stop eating grains.
>>
>>73706217
It's similar enough. Do your research. Then again, I'm speaking from a German perspective here.
>>
>>73702236
What the actual fuck ?
How is she not bleeding to death ?
>>
>>73706915
Btw, in the Middle Ages, people ate two very big meals a day (around 4,000 calories or more), one at 9 AM and one at 5 PM.
>>
>>73707946
Heavy bread is the best, my nigerian. Half a slice and you're full for hours. Love that stuff!
>>
>>73702072
Gluten is fine.
>>
>>73707732
Starch isn't the same as table sugar, no matter how much you chew.

How retarded are people nowadays? I've read this shit so often I start to wonder if you guys are becoming literally insane.
>>
>>73707698
I'm sure you can work it out anon, read the back of the box. Fruits, eggs, meats, yoghurts, i guess gluten free cereals? Oat gluten does not seem to affect me.

I fucking miss cheerios though desu, but if i ate a bowl i would regret the shit out of it.
>>
>>73707955
In Europe, nobles ate more meat AND more bread than farmers (talking about 2-3lbs each upwards, per capita, per day) and had better health, better height, better muscles, less birth defects, etc.

Also, cattle isn't human. And you are an idiot.
>>
>>73707955
All animals need a healthy balanced diet.

Once you'd cut out the cancer did it go in sausages or animal feed?
>>
>>73707955
>I worked in an abattoir for 2 years and the difference is amazing. Grain fed cattle have much higher incidences of cancers throughout their body, their consistency of their fat is harder with more marbling throughout the muscle. Even the flesh seems to pull away easier at the sinew. I watched well over 50,0000 cattle pass me by at various locations and this is initially what made me decide to stop eating grains.
Nice bullshit story, btw. You shills won't stop at anything, huh?

t. knows farmers
>>
>>73708166
Back of the box seems pretty good.
>>
>>73706396
Jesus christ I want to face fuck her
>>
>>73708458
yeah she's a qt
>>
>>73708163
>Starch isn't the same as table sugar, no matter how much you chew.
>How retarded are people nowadays? I've read this shit so often I start to wonder if you guys are becoming literally insane.

Starch is literally (yes, literally) two molecules of table sugar (sucrose) bound by a water molecule. The carb metabolic pathway splits the sugar from the water, then dumps the sugar into your bloodstream.

You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>73702072
yes, it is
you can really notice it if you do some sport
it inflames the stomach and impacts on my performance
I still eat bread but when I have more money I stick to potatoes and rice to substitute it
>>
>>73708034
It's only fat tissue
>>
File: eyes_sloth.jpg (50 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
eyes_sloth.jpg
50 KB, 350x262
>>73702236
>>
>>73707864
greenmedinfo.com/blog/new-study-confirms-wheat-autism-link-0

google "wheat autism link", fool. only your lack of knowledge is showing. also, you're fucking rude and a fatalistic dickbag. if you'd do your own research you'd not call out somebody irresponsibly for fucking no good reason.
>>
>>73708163
>>73708393
>>73707962

mohammud, stop trying to get whitey to eat poorly
>>
File: scotts-oats.jpg (49 KB, 537x347) Image search: [Google]
scotts-oats.jpg
49 KB, 537x347
>>73708166
>Oat gluten does not seem to affect me.
Oats are a good healthy food.
The Scots would live with longer if they ate more porridge and drank less whiskey.
>>
>>73702072
Try eating real bread instead of this hipermarket dry sponge.
>>
>>73702072
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zonulin
>>
gluten is fine,
it's all the attitves they add to make bread shelf stable for 3 weeks that makes people sick.
>>
>>73706821
Somedays I heardly eat anything and I am still fat as shit yesterday I just ate a jimmy johns sub with some iced tea. Before that I was pretty nauses.
>>
>>73707864
This is going to sound tin-foil.

Do you really believe a study proving this would not be laughed out of the medical community when it goes against everything they told us for the past 60 years.

While there are not enough studies to satisfy me with 'conclusive'

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23688532,24789114,22564339,26343026,26428353,26418822,26148018,20406576,25311313,23316152,24564346,19033217,25455914,16555138,23823064,24085796,24075141,12153499,19664354,19248872?report=docsum

A large portion of those articles actually support the Autism-Gluten hypothesis.

There is a simple search you could of done for a few third party sources.

Every article that found evidence of success was concluded with "this proves nothing, too small, dont do it, listen to your doctor"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26148018
Example in laymans terms (I have the full article as I have pubmed account : These subjects were already regularly consuming gluten before the trial and yet the conclusion that 'additional gluten did not make symptoms worse so it is all good'
>>
File: Mr.-Mackey.png (167 KB, 483x347) Image search: [Google]
Mr.-Mackey.png
167 KB, 483x347
>>73702072
I'm just sayin' that I personally feel sooo fuckin' amazing

Gluten causes sluggishness, irritability, and nearly all behavioral problems

If you cut out gluten, you don't ever get pissed off
>>
>>73704079
The thingis you can eat bread if you want to. It just has to be made out of old crop species which have way less gulten.
>>
>>73702072
1/100 in western countries have celiac disase, so it's the most common autoimmune disease,
which explains why a lot of people who stop eating it feel better.

if you have low energy levels and/or digestive issues you can take a blood test.

fun fact: young children (< 4 years) who are thought to have severe autism sometimes suffer from un-diagnosed celiac disease, and upon adopting a gluten-free diet will recover 100%.
>>
File: a0PPKYX_460s_v2.jpg (37 KB, 460x429) Image search: [Google]
a0PPKYX_460s_v2.jpg
37 KB, 460x429
>>73702072
I have IBD(different part of intestine and all food not just gluten). I know what i am talking about.

Eating gluten often for people ill with CD can cause irreversible brain damage, death, limp dick and a lot of other bad shit. It can happen to everyone with enough gluten ingested for long enough period of time.

Couple ingestion a month won't hit you that hard. But some symptoms you get every time you ingest it, among them trouble thinking and discomfort with intestial symptoms. Those depend on the person.

For the healthy person gluten can be harder to digest. We all are different, so some people tolerate certain foods bad.
>>
>>73702072
>Is it really as unhealthy as people claim?
No
>is it causing health problems and allergies?
No
>should gluten be avoided for a meat,vegetable, dairy diet?
No

t.celiac
>>
File: kill urself.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kill urself.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>73709243
>>
>>73708704
>sucrose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starch
>>
>>73702072
Gluten is fine, people have been eating it for millennia ffs.

Only Americans would over process and fuck up something as simple as bread and blame it's natural protein for why they're unhealthy and have gluten free processed shit as the healthier alternative.
>>
>>73708887
>you're fucking rude
Read back your posts and count how many names you called me.

Don't insult my (and everyone else's intelligence) my calling me lazy for not researching your claim harder. You should know the burden of proof lies with a person making a claim.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0066155

>Conclusions

>A subset of children with autism displays increased immune reactivity to gluten, the mechanism of which appears to be distinct from that in celiac disease. The increased anti-gliadin antibody response and its association with GI symptoms points to a potential mechanism involving immunologic and/or intestinal permeability abnormalities in affected children.

Did they conclude that gluten was 'causing autism in unborn babies'?
I'll let people read the actual study, rather than your or greenmedinfo.com 's spin.
>>
>>73707520
>>
weren't the gladiators nigs thrown into the area?
>>
>>73708298
>>73708393

I worked at a country Teys Brothers in South Australia 2 1/2 years after school before moving to a city to study medicine. 800 days x 600 - 900 cattle. We would know the type of cow, if it was grain fed/grass fed, halal/non halal.

You know you can google Wagyu beef right? Australian Wagyu cattle are grain fed for the last 300–500 days of production. [wiki]

Halal slaughter is barbaric btw, can you please stop encouraging that Ahmed.
>>
>>73709014
I fucking LOVE oats.

I make cold, overnight oats using steel cut oats (I like the chewier, meatier bit to steel cut).

Just soak the oats in some milk overnight and you have a god-tier breakfast waiting for you. I add different toppings/spices, but my go-to is Oats, Milk, Clove Honey, Cinnamon, and Ginger. Could seriously eat that shit everyday.
>>
>>73706821
sounds like you got suckered by a homeopath 'doctor' colonics have been debunked for ages and that shit about toxins is fucking retarded. You have gerd or h pylori or some shit.
>>
>>73704079
Quality shitpost mate.
>>
>>73709757
You are stupid. Link and cause are different things.
There are many studies showing autism link to autoimmune diseases, like study showing that children get better after course of corticosteroids.

This link is not meaningless but it is not cause-effect link, like you undeducated dipshit assume.
>>
>>73708314
Kek anon do you really want to know the truth?

I was cutting it out of heads and flanks and they educated me to leave it in as it increased the weight and hence value.

Particularly on the head table, so many bits of cancerous meat would go into the offal you use in burgers etc.
>>
>>73705545

He's a billionaire globalist who funds feminist organisations and such around the world. He's pretty much responsible for BLM, Femen, dump trump and all that jazz.

He wants to make the world one giant communist death camp and the worst part is, he's actually succeeding.
>>
>>73709757
>Read back your posts and count how many names you called me.

because your etiquette and tone sucked prior. so suck a sloppy horsedick, Ahmed. go deepthroat all the way.

>Don't insult my (and everyone else's intelligence) my calling me lazy for not researching your claim harder.

by >>73709165

>There is a simple search you could of done for a few third party sources.

I'm not the only one who finds you retarded.

>Did they conclude that gluten was 'causing autism in unborn babies'?

nope but that specific thing is linked to exactly that problem along with the malnutrition of the mother, especially when it consists of too much bread during pregnancy and little else.
>>
All of the symptoms of celiac disease can be attributed glyphosate exposure. Wheat is drenched in pesticide before harvesting, pesticide fucks up your guts.

It's not complicated.
>>
>>73710169
Shit response, attack the poster.

That's what I thought.

Stay fat as fuck mate lol.
>>
File: 1458868998673.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1458868998673.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>73705084
Underrated post
>>
>>73710382
Just so you know some types of cancer are literally contagios. And horizontal gene transfer ain't joke, although depends on the cause of cancer it can be irrelevant.
>>
>>73702072
Its just the current fad. Like detoxing amd organic food its just another bullshit marketing stunt to sell overpriced shit to you.

Yes some people have celiac disease and have to avoid gluten. But they have always been around and you would know if you are one, its a real disease. Not just a sudden fad.

Gluten is not bad for you at all.
>>
>>73702072
Yes you burger, eat LCHF.
>>
>>73710468
>All of the symptoms of celiac disease can be attributed glyphosate exposure
No they can't, you fucking lunatic. Although exposure not impossible to cause celiac disease(unlikely though), but celiac disease itself is autoimmune reaction triggered by some proteins only.
>>
>>73710464
I was not meaning to imply causation. Simply that there is a link and there is research being conducted in this area.

My other point is that there is no way with the current schools of dieticians and medico's the idea will be considered.
>>
>>73710736
Pls name one cancer that is contagious. You are talking utter shit my friend.
>>
>>73710736
I hate n=1 and the lack of any scientific proof but I am just going off a trend I (and many of the other abbatoir workers) noticed.
>>
>>73710497
I've eaten bread my whole life and stayed fit, my whole life.

Beer has crippled me though.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo2.com.jpg (355 KB, 1083x694) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo2.com.jpg
355 KB, 1083x694
>>
>>73711192
>gluten in beer
>>
>>73710974
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1505892#t=article

There are only human like, you can google it.
There are also only animal. There is one that literally wiping out population of tasmanian devils atm.
>>
>>73711239
Pretty sure alcohol is poison and gluten is food.

But whatever, burger.
>>
File: 1462914608796.jpg (79 KB, 694x497) Image search: [Google]
1462914608796.jpg
79 KB, 694x497
>>73702072
It is a meme disease
>>
>>73711192
Heh gotta get off it mate, alcohol induced dementia is a fucking terror nightmare for your family. Cut it bacckkkk son.
>>
>>73711239
>murrican education
Beer is full of gluten.
>>
>>73709165

If you are going to give me links to a bunch of articles refuting your position then, tell me its because the medical community would laugh them out of town for challenging the status quo, then yes it does sound a bit tin foil.

I'm pretty sure most of the medical community would love to make their names by discovering some big proof of a cause for autism.

>A large portion of those articles actually support the Autism-Gluten hypothesis.

Well the first 3 didn't so forgive me if I'm not going to read the rest looking for the few that almost support.

>>73710464

> the malnutrition of the mother,

Your logic is inexplicable.
Eating only bread => malnutrition => autism
Therefore gluten causes autism.
>>
>>73711405
How do you think beer is made?

All alcohol is poison, that's not the point.

0-2 in war, britfag.
>>
>>73711451
whatever, it's made from grains, same difference
>>
>>73711327
There are only three known transmissible cancers in the entire known world kek.

What is that link though ? Tapeworms are not a form of cancer.
>>
>>73711327
Did you even understand what you read? It says that it is comparable at best, not that its a cancer and its contagious. Chezuz mate learn to read.

Also, when infected with hiv, especially during the end stage a human will get all kinds of superinfections, kaposi sarcoma being one such. Its a different virus, human herpes virus 8 that basically turns into a type of soft tissue cancer called kaposi. But that is still not a contagious cancer, aids is allowing these infections to run rampant and turn into super infections.
>>
>>73711527
The point is gluten is not harmful.

>Beer is harmful, and beer has gluten, therefore gluten is harmful, yeah?

Fucking burger logic right here.
>>
>>73702072
give People who have gluten allergy bread and say it is gluten free.
Then wait and see if there is a reaction.
>>
>>73705931
I believe that's called diarrhea
>>
>>73711914
Alcohol being a poison is not the reason it makes you gain weight
>>
>>73711509
>Provided you with the information which you asked for which you then skimmed for a 'concluding causation' You didn't even look at the article past abstract. Did not look at the study design.

>Evidence supporting this link basically means the food industry has caused significant loss of life to hundreds of thousands of families in Western countries.
>>
>>73708809
>Fat tissue doesn't need to be oxygenated by blood.

Nice one.
>>
>>73705821
>>73706472

Dude, my grandfather is 110 year old. I hope to live as may year as him.
>>
>>73712078
Send me some bread in the mail and I will be happy to prove it to you anon. I really fucking miss my grains. I have tried to objectively test for years to work out of if i could build up tolerance. I have worked with doctors and I am not a celiac or crohns however "irritation in the GIT" is noted.
>>
>>73711770
>>73711775

I think there are atleast 5 for humans only. But number is irrelevant. Point is transmissible cancers do exist.

>link
Seriously guys, you can't even read 100 words, why do you argues with me? Its cancer made of tapeworm cells in human. It was not tapeworm infection(though it probably also was present) they were tapeworm cells.
>>
File: MP9004229531.jpg (464 KB, 1280x882) Image search: [Google]
MP9004229531.jpg
464 KB, 1280x882
this pretty much:
>>73702800
>>73705908
You are eating empty calories that provide almost nothing to your body. Whole grain bread, the darker the better is the way to go.
>>
>>73712242
It damages my body. This causes increased appetite and lethargy, ergo, weight gain. It also causes constipation, stomach stretching and liver problems, all of which also cause weight gain.

Calories obviously contribute too, but it's not the fucking gluten!
>>
>>73712578
> You didn't even look at the article past abstract.

When the title of the article is something like this
>Gluten and casein supplementation does not increase symptoms in children with autism spectrum disorder.

or the abstract is this
>Abstract
In autism spectrum disorders, many parents resort to alternative treatments and these are generally perceived as risk free. Among these, the most commonly used is the gluten-free, casein-free diet. The objective of this work was to conduct a systematic review of studies published from 1970 to date related to the gluten-free, casein-free diet in autism spectrum disorder patients. Few studies can be regarded as providing sound scientific evidence since they were blinded randomized controlled trials, and even these were based on small sample sizes, reducing their validity. We observed that the evidence on this topic is currently limited and weak. We recommend that it should be only used after the diagnosis of an intolerance or allergy to foods containing the allergens excluded in gluten-free, casein-free diets. Future research should be based on this type of design, but with larger sample sizes.

Is doesn't give me much faith that by digging deeper I'm going to find what I'm looking for.

How about you show me the paper that is most damning and I'll read that.
>>
>>73713060
But those are carbs... Gluten is a protein.
>>
>>73712686
Keep sleeping on the job and retire early. It's the Spanish way!
>>
>>73713147
I am not looking to damn or imply causation, only a link.

In my opinion that article you quoted is spot on, it is a systematic review of previous studies and states that there is not enough evidence to exclude gluten out of a diet based on current scientific research which, according to scientific research, is spot on.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4809873/#B87

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3884520/

Both more recent articles, read them and tell me what you think.
>>
File: image.png (95 KB, 400x391) Image search: [Google]
image.png
95 KB, 400x391
>tfw celiac disease
>tfw can't join the military ever
>can't gain employment in [insert any job that requires good health]
just fuck my shit up
>>
>>73714625
What you need, ideally, is some gibmedats
>>
>>73715025
i don't know if i can apply for disability
>>
>>73705971
>my wifes son
is this a meme or are you serious
>>
>>73714625
My brother has Coeliac disease and works, so you can't be in the military, so what, you can work pretty much anywhere else, well maybe not a bakery or bread factory...unless its GF bread.
>>
>>73715073
if its anything like our system then no you cant because it is a controllable disease that is not transmittable nor does it hinder your life to a point of uselessness unless you decide to cram your face with a bag of bread crumbs.
>>
File: Pumpernickel-Boule-Bread-84011.jpg (658 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Pumpernickel-Boule-Bread-84011.jpg
658 KB, 2000x1333
Gluten is fine, in fact it's a major part of the human diet (well at least humans who figured out how to mill grains).

The problem is with modern milling techniques all the nutrients from the grain are pulverized, this includes mass produced 100% whole wheat and other healthy sounding varieties.

Proper grain is stone milled, most small scale heritage bakers only use grain from this process. I get my bread from a German baker at the farmers market and the texture is noticeably different.

The way I see it is: Traditional milled grains>Gluten free>Mass produced good goy grains which are basically just sugar.
>>
I have celiac so Im going to avoid it personally

If I could I would
>>
>>73715964
This senpai, I have eaten europe bread just fine. Hard to find bread here apart from sourdoughs which dont affect me.
>>
>>73715218
lurk moar fgt
>>
>>73702395
Explain then, why pretty well every Biotech company is run by Jews,

Yet any form of GMO cannot get a Kosher label.

When you question something, do as the Jews do.
>>
It's the gliadin the grass protein that only was put into wheat in the late 60's. The disruption in gut biome is caused by indigestible grass and causes all sorts of problems for everyone.
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.