[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can we let 18 year old people vote? Seriously, 18 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: ArticleHeader-VotingRights.jpg (60 KB, 628x353) Image search: [Google]
ArticleHeader-VotingRights.jpg
60 KB, 628x353
How can we let 18 year old people vote?

Seriously, 18 years old in 2016 are barely capable of wiping their arses, let alone able to unscramble the intricacies of political ideologies

Most people in 2016 have kids at age 30... I think we should:

1) let only people over the age of 28 vote
2) the voting ballot should have some questions (quiz) about the political, judicial system etc. to test the voter if he even understands how the government works... if his answers are wrong, his vote should be discarded

How can anyone disagree with this?

OK, the age 28 is arbitrary, but 18 is way too young. I would be willing to go to 24 as the lowest...
>>
Young voters have low political efficacy anyways.
>>
Only people who pay income taxes or served in the armed forces should be allowed to vote
>>
>>73695691
Also no manlets
>>
>"Quizzes are racist"
When liberals lose 90% of their voters because they can't name the three branches of government in the us
>>
>>73695816
Kek
>>
>>73695559
Is this because those teens aren't voting the way you'd like them to? You want them to pay tax, but not help decide how to run the country? That's a recipe for disaster, they'd literally vote against you (when they can) just to spite you.

What we need is:
>mandatory voting for people ages 20 and over
>three options with every poll: undecided, uninformed and don't care

This would at least stop the minority of a minority of voters from deciding elections. It's always harrowing to see how many people actually come out to vote when compared to how many are actually eligible. Those no-show fuckers are pissing on the graves of their forefathers who fought for the privilege to help decide how a country runs.
>>
>>73696357
Young people change their political viewpoints as they enter the real world and are often embarrassed at the way the used to think. This alone is enough to see that young people don't vote with their minds or don't possess the necessary experience and knowledge the make an informed decision
>>
>>73695559

'98 youngfag here, turned 18 in Feb

I can agree a bit with the russkie. Most of my peers can only really parrot what the kike media barfs up and what """news""" they dig up on Kikebook.

At the least, I can say I helped get the God Emperor Trump into the White House, and thus another step toward Making America Great Again.
>>
>>73696528
That's entirely true. However, the cost to vote is to be drafted into war. 18-year-old are valuable for wartime, because they're young, energetic and can serve for years to come. Denying their right to vote and expecting them to be drafted won't work and is unfair.

A right's a right. You can't deny it them even though you're right that they're inexperienced and will probably live to regret their decisions.

If anything, there needs to be political classes in schools to help give kids the understanding of some basic truths; the most important of which: nothing is free. Commy/fashy professors need to be removed from universities too.
>>
>>73696903

Absolutely this.

However we will be hard-pressed to find unbiased teachers that won't try to push their own political interests on their students, so they can actually think for themselves.
>>
>>73695559
>people are infantilized
>let's infantilize them even more
>>
>>73696903
Exactly, so we should revoke women's suffrage.

However, I think we should also add some sort of law quiz. Nothing too advanced, just shit like how voting works, electoral college, 3 branches, what president can and can't do.

If you don't know how America actually works right now, then how you want it to work is completely irrelevant. The entire reason we have an indirect democracy as opposed to a direct democracy is because the Founding Fathers didn't believe the layman was informed enough.
>>
File: 1457306141364.png (417 KB, 540x805) Image search: [Google]
1457306141364.png
417 KB, 540x805
>>73695559
>be 18
>get educated about the patriarchy and dichotomy in public school
>vote Feministiskt Initiativ
No.

No age restrictions. We need tests. Make voting a meritocratic right that is earned through national tests that involves questions about democracy, state philosophy, economics and law.

If you pass, you are eligible to make an intelligent political contribution to society. If you don't.. go to Gulag.
>>
>>73696903
>Commy/fashy professors need to be removed from universities too
I think this is mostly a meme. I'm at a liberal college studying business and all of my professors who've spoken out are moderate or even slightly conservative. Only liberal arts professors are extreme liberals, and who gives a shit. Their classes are full of perpetual starbucks employees.
>>
>>73697577
Did you actually go to college? Most teachers just teach their fucking class.
>>
>>73699319
>The entire reason we have an indirect democracy as opposed to a direct democracy is because the Founding Fathers didn't believe the layman was informed enough
That's not true. It's because history has shown that direct democracies only work in small groups.
>>
>>73700032
>get educated about the patriarchy and dichotomy in public school
doesn't happen in Burgerland.
>>
>>73695755
Agreed
>>
>>73695559
Or just make rhe test mandatory regardless of age. If you're 18 and understand what's going on you should be allowed to vote. Granted most 18 year olds don't know a thing about politics so most will fail any way but don't disenfranchise the ones who do know what they're talking about
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.