[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a police officer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (63 KB, 211x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 211x200
Is anybody on /pol/ a police officer? Or maybe related/know a police officer? What are your thoughts of the career? What should anons know before they try to become one?
>>
all the cops I know are brainlets.

My advice is dont apply unless you are a plebeian with issues.
>>
90% of the job is babysitting drunks. Have fun!
>>
>>73695604
t. Demitrius Washington
>>
>>73696164
>Demitrius Washington

so a nigger killed someone? what does that have to do with the fact that most cops have sub standard intelligence?
>>
I wouldn't go in to that field right now. Nigs be putting wings on pigs like it's they "job." Plus you have to deal with all the SJW who will hate you but still expect you to serve and protect them.

t. Not a cop
>>
File: im helping.jpg (14 KB, 233x270) Image search: [Google]
im helping.jpg
14 KB, 233x270
>>73696003
It's endless hours of boredom punctuated by moments of extreme terror.
Spent a lot of time around cops since my dad did it for 23 years - ride alongs, hanging at the station, the works, dad took me everywhere.

Cops are all switched on 24/7, and they run the gamut from laid back fatass's to arrogant pricks who think they're god.
Met some genuinely good people, but sadly they made up the minority in his particular police department - most of the cops were either too lazy to even meet a ticket quota, or so hardline and career-oriented that they'd stab you in the back in a second if it meant a $1 raise.
OP, it can be a rewarding career, but it really depends on where you are (town, city, etc) and what the ethnic breakdown of your area is. Working in a predominantly white city would be considerably different from a more mixed one, and of course there's the general wealth of the area to take into account as well. Weigh your options, and don't be afraid to go down to the police/sheriff station yourself to ask questions. Might give you a better insight.
>>
>>73694700
>What should anons know before they try to become one?

Become a firefighter instead.
>>
If you are a regular moron like me, it pays well in affluent suburbs, and you'll definitely want to finish til retirement age.

If you are literally a drooling retard, you can still be one...but it will probably be in a rural midwestern state, and the pay will be terrible.

If you especially like niggers, there is plenty of room for you. The pay will be moderate and you will die early.
>>
>>73696603
This is also a good option. Pay isn't much better, but people aren't trying to shoot you.

Although fire IS trying to kill you, so its's a trade off.
>>
>>73694700

Most people think cops' jobs are to uphold the law and to protect people. This is true, in a limited sense, but the biggest factors in what you'll do as a policeman are the other cops you work with, especially your superiors, and the city you work for.

The city you work for will determine, in broad strokes, what your priorities are. The demographics will determine what TYPE of crime; the relative prosperity will determine how MUCH crime, and the local government will determine your enforcement priorities.

Put another way, the government, if it's whored itself out for easy cash, will tell you to ticket everyone under the sun; in WY, IIRC, there's even one town that was so notorious they were barred by the state legislature from issuing freeway tickets because they had lowered the speed limit inside their city limits and were handing out speeding citations like Hillary Clinton issuing lies on a bad day.

I've lived in areas where the cops literally only pull people over who are >20 mph over the speed limit, obviously drunk, or driving the wrong way; I've also lived places where the cops would deliberately try to bait people into speeding (get ahead of you and start slowly driving faster and faster, hoping you'd maintain following distance and then pull behind you to issue a ticket, if you fell for it), and could be bought off with a bag of coke or a quick handie (if you were a hot chick).

A lot of it depends on the leadership of the local police department; where I live now, bullies and thugs aren't tolerated by the precinct, so the police here are super friendly and really do seem like they're here to help us; where I used to live, it's bad enough that every traffic stop has a tow truck pull in behind it (they monitor police radio) since about half the stops end up with the police impounding the vehicle.

So if you want to be a police officer, just be aware that your real job is to execute the will of the local government, for good or ill.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.