[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: simo-hayha.jpg (34 KB, 480x372) Image search: [Google]
simo-hayha.jpg
34 KB, 480x372
http://www.mosinnagant.net/finland/simohayha.asp

The greatest Finn who ever lived?
Does anyone got more info on him?
>>
He was pretty good
>>
>>73688914
505 confirmed kills in 100 days. Very few hours of sunlight at that time of year also. Only used iron sights so there would be no glare from a scope. Had to use a cut down carbine because he was a teeny weeny manlet. Shot in the face and went into a coma, woke up the day the Russians pulled out of Finland. Lived to be 96.
>>
>>73690020
Häyhä was 180cm tall and he cut down the rifle because he was used to one that was cut, and it was easier to maintain.
>>
>cut his rifle
fucking jews
>>
>>73688914

> tfw you cant make a living using your natural instincts and become an eternal hero in doing so

why cant another world war happen already? nobody wants 1000 years of peace and 24/7 desk jobs
>>
File: happy bernie.jpg (50 KB, 529x399) Image search: [Google]
happy bernie.jpg
50 KB, 529x399
>>73690214
kek
>>
>>73690020
BEYOND THE THRESHOLD OF IMPRESSIVE

What about the unconfirmed kills, is there a story behind those?

Is there a redpill about him or he was this based just doing what he was supposed to?
>>
>>73690020
>505 confirmed kills in 100 days.
It blows my mind that people actually take this tally seriously. It's like people communally forgot that propaganda exists for the tallest story of all time.
>>
File: 1462556967170.jpg (80 KB, 794x474) Image search: [Google]
1462556967170.jpg
80 KB, 794x474
>one of the best killers are Earth
>didn't kill anyone that mattered
>kids of the kikes who fucked his country over will now fuck it over now that he is dead
>>
>>73690020
>505 confirmed kills in 100 days
I don't believe this for a single second.
>>
>>73690372
In an interview with him when he was around 90 he said "I was only doing what was asked of me"
>>
File: eB9SSoq.jpg (81 KB, 960x700) Image search: [Google]
eB9SSoq.jpg
81 KB, 960x700
>>73688914
eternal reminder
>>
File: images.jpg (23 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23 KB, 470x313
Hahahaha look at his retarded face what a faggot
>>
>>73690372
>What about the unconfirmed kills, is there a story behind those?

The story is that he is "credited" with killing fucking 200 soviets with an SMG in 100 days or in other words, his whole story is total bullshit.
>>
>>73690971
I want to believe.......
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 265x190
Moar like the White Poof
>>
>>73690456
Why does it blow your mind? Anyone in the military takes it seriously. Don't blame Haha, the Russians idea of a good tactic was to send waves of poorly equipped conscript infantry into a snowy forest. Under those conditions 505 kills is quite reasonable.
>>
>>73692094
*Hayha
>>
>>73688914

overrated

he shot ukrainian idiot peasants who were thrown into a war by russia that they had no training whatsoever for.
>>
>>73690159
>180cm tall

He was 5'3, 160 cm roughly
>>
>>73690690
yeah but simo punch OSAMA BIN LAMEN in the face?? yeahh i didnt think so buddy

chris kile number one
>>
>>73692094
>Anyone in the military takes it seriously.
[citation needed]

It's bullshit because WW2 militaries were notorious for inflating sniper and fighter ace kill counts for propaganda purposes.
The fact that he also claimed to have killed 200 soviets with an smg, despite being a sniper, at the same time that he was making 5 kills a day sniping... well that should give you an idea of how accurate his kill count is.

Did I mention that he is also claimed to have sniped the sniper who sniped him and blew half his jaw off? Yeah.
>>
>>73692397
I know I was just shitposting, also he looks 130cm in the picture due to being slightly taller than the rifle
>>
File: slide-thread.gif (22 KB, 764x572) Image search: [Google]
slide-thread.gif
22 KB, 764x572
This is a robot!

It's a shill/slide thread!
>>
File: 1418565443619.jpg (48 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1418565443619.jpg
48 KB, 640x512
>>73692778
I think you underestimate the incompetence of the soviet military. with literally half of the officer corps dead they had very few tactics apart from "run at the enemy trenches and conquer them". As far as I know he just prepared a killing ground somewhere in a forest and shot anyone who came in front of his foxhole.
>>
>>73692778
Yeah it's bullshit.
>>
>>73693204
I think you estimate just how gratuitous his claimed killcount is.
200 kills with an smg is almost certainly an all time record, yet he wasn't even a front line soldier and had no reason to be fighting with an smg, let alone to ever be in range to use it. When you factor in that he was also supposedly sniping 5 men a day while allegedly killing 2 men a day in close range battles and that the "day" lasted anywhere between 4-6 hours of daylight, it becomes obvious how heavily inflated his kill count was.

Don't even try to work out how many rounds he would have used killing those 200 men either.
>>
>>73693380
If you know conditions of winter war, the story doesnt seem like bullshit. Guy was a hunter before the war started and frankly soviet soldiers who didnt even have camouflage are much easier prey than deers. He fought in the battle of Kollaa, so basically soviets pushing with 4 infantry divisions against well prepared finnish positions.
>>
>>73694370
The way I see it winter war was more like world war 1 than world war 2. If i remember correctly the Simo Häyhä museum at Rautjärvi puts his official killcount somewhere in the 200-300 range (as in kills confirmed by an another person). I'm not arguing for "lel he killed half a division by himself" but for the fact that he was efficient enough to build a legend of heroism for himself.
>>
>>73695251
And yeah, the story makes sense because there had to be finns with like 100-0 kill ratio to even the odds of Russia's superior numbers. They didn't just vanish.

But as someone already said, Russia had almost no leadership left, most of them had been sent to prison camps in Siberia because of some internal conflict or something, cba to look it up. Russians were basically cannon fodder.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.