[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the priest: Why does he wear the green? Surely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: cathocuck.jpg (216 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
cathocuck.jpg
216 KB, 1600x1066
Tell me about the priest: Why does he wear the green?

Surely red, for the blood of Christ's sacrifice, or black, out of humility, or gold, for the glory of god, would be a better choice?

What the fuck does green have to do with Christianity?
>>
>Arguing about colors that not much thought was probably put into

Are you actually autistic?
>>
>>73657734
It's only green during ordinary time. The color changes during Lent, Easter, Advent, Christmas etc
>>
>>73658579
Literally the entire Catholic and Orthodox Churches are based around tradition. Everything has a meaning to it. Every single nuance, every single phrase uttered, every direction and every color (very conservative Catholics will argue that you cannot use any other color but gold for the Communion chalice).

So why green? There must be a meaning behind it. It wasn't chosen arbitrarily. Nothing in the Church is.

>>73658670
Okay, so why is it green?
>>
Perhaps he's wondering why someone would ask a question about it on a Mongolian fishing forum, before going off to wank to Chinese cartoons?
>>
>>73657734
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liturgical_colours Doesn't say why green, but more details for u
>>
>>73657734
The green signifies the envy of you dirty atheists.

He's rubbing your face in it. Question is, what are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>73659200
I'm not atheist. I'm just genuinely curious as to why it's green, I can't think of a good reason for it. All the other colors have meaning.
>>
>>73657734
>What the fuck does green have to do with Christianity?
The tree the cross was carved from.
>>
>>73657734
It's easier to wash than white.
>>
>>73657734

Ordinary time, green is money, so all that happens during Ordinary Time is that you give money.

Makes perfect sense, actually.
>>
>>73657734
St. Patrick wore green robes. Three leaf clover represents the trinity.
>>
File: 2013-2014.jpg (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2013-2014.jpg
46 KB, 400x400
>>73657734
>>73658670
>>73658815

Nigger, colors are used to signify the "tiempos" or times of the catholic liturgy.

Green or Verde means hope, but there is something else the word re-verdecer, which literally means "re-green" or to green something again is an allusion to the hope that grows whenever something re-greens and is re-newed. Green also means peace and serenity.

The ordinary time lasts 34 weeks for us catholics.

It makes a ton more of sense in latin, for romance speaking countries it makes a ton of sense since the green has always been asociated with hope and life.

>>73658670
is right, the colors do change, check pic related.

Another thing that also changes is the different symbologies, even the passages aren't randomly chosen.

interesting bit, if you go to church every day non stop during around 3 years you will have listened to the entire Jerusalem Bible being read at you during the sacred readings.

>>73658815

If right when he says that everything in the catholic ligurgy has a meaning, its fucking insane but at the same time its one of the greatest things of being part of the most patrician religion around.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.