[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a northern Irish catholic (taig/fenian) anything ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: Ulster flag.png (35 KB, 2000x1117) Image search: [Google]
Ulster flag.png
35 KB, 2000x1117
I have a degree in history and like explaining things here to foreigners
>>
>>73643197
tell me about the troubles?
>>
>>73643197
South Armagh?
>>
File: 1437513011642.jpg (125 KB, 721x748) Image search: [Google]
1437513011642.jpg
125 KB, 721x748
For God and Ulster
>>
File: Ulster.jpg (138 KB, 1002x496) Image search: [Google]
Ulster.jpg
138 KB, 1002x496
>>73643342
What about it ? so much to say
>>73643380
No south Belfast originally from Fermanagh
>>73643498
Can thank Sinn Fein's abysmal economic plans for that SENPAI
>>
>>73643638
>south Belfast originally from Fermanagh
Former Queens student?
>>
>>73643197
How much welfare do you get?
>>
>>73643783
Yep
>>73643790
None, come to think of it didn't Finna Fail fuck up your benefits system a few years back ?
>>
>>73644239
>Go to Queens
>Do history
Fucking hell now I have to pay for your dole money too.
>>
>>73644693
>on 4chan at 2AM
>implying you work
http://niceme.me/
>>
>>73645021
Not yet, at Queens too but first year.
>>
>>73643197

How does it feel that those of us in actual Ireland consider you expendable in what was essentially a bargain to keep the loyalists out of our country - i.e. partition? I am genuinely against a united Ireland for the sole reason that I don't want those bigoted knuckle-dragging fundamentalist Christians sharing a country with me.
>>
>>73645391
That is fantastic, both sides are happy then.
>>
>>73645587

Well I'm happy so long as the shinners don't actually manage to go and do it like the absolute madmen they are.

I'm not really a "side" in this tbqf senpai. Most of us here couldn't give a toss about whatever tribal shit goes on north of the border beyond being glad it's the Brits' problem and not ours. It's more the prospect of it all suddenly becoming our problem that, *ahem*, Troubles me.
>>
File: Irish republicans.png (685 KB, 920x930) Image search: [Google]
Irish republicans.png
685 KB, 920x930
>>73645153
Nice
>>73645391
How does it feel knowing you betrayed your fellow countrymen and are content with your nation being divided in two ?. The unionists are celtic people from Scotland, minus the religion they are fellow celts.
>>73645587
No have you not been paying attention ?
>>73645906
Sinn Fein won't get a united Ireland because they are marxist retards who love British welfare money more than Ireland
>>
>>73646099
The nationalists want a united Ireland then we have to start cucking ourselves with our brothers in the south.
>>
>>73643197
McCarthy on my Biological Mother's side.O'Connor on my adoptive Mom's .. when can I come and claim the Ard Ri?
>>
>>73646099
Ehh not the good type of celts, not goidelic celts like those mainly in the middle and northern belt of Scotland. Planters were from the border areas and were Brythonic celts. Very culturally Anglo Saxon as well
>>
>>73645906
Honestly I'd laugh me head off if Shin Fein managed to pull a unification off. The memes would manifest into reality.
>>
>>73646268
When you make america great again lad.
>>
>>73646307
I thought the Scots were Pictish?
>>
>>73646207
We only need to do 2 thing
>fix the Norths economy to ensure we are not dependant on the British state
>Keep the catolic population growing
>>73646268
Fuck knows the clans are destoryed
>>73646307
Dal Raida - the south of Scotland was conquered by Irish settlers
>>73646339
They won't they are retards. Like genuine retards call each other comrade and everything
>>
>>73646432
700 ad onwards the Picts (who were literally pagan, most likely Brythonic, primitive, not literate, hip people) had been assimilated/conquered by the Gaelic tribes from dal riata. The south of Scotland was never really Pictish, always Brythonic influence with some later Irish/gaelic influence
>>
>>73646639
Yes but the Gaelic language never penetrated down that far, the people living there were culturally Anglo, are you sure you're studying history?

Also as is evident from the latest assembly election and the fall of 4% for nationalist parties, I don't ever see a united Ireland in our lifetime, they'll never gibe up their flegs and puraades
>>
>>73646639
I agree with you on the Norths economy. It's shit we have to rely on the English to support us. However if the people prosper as a result, the need for a united Ireland will go in the trash where it belongs.
>>
Would Norn have left the UK eventually if Scotlel went independent?
>>
>>73647010
No, it might spark some bullshit nationalist hype. But that is about it.
>>
>>73646099

>How does it feel knowing you betrayed your fellow countrymen and are content with your nation being divided in two ?. The unionists are celtic people from Scotland, minus the religion they are fellow celts.

Feels kinda bad, but the alternative is worse. It's a choice between welcoming you fellas into our little country and taking on a million workshy foaming-at-the-mouth loyalists who hate everyone and everything.

>Sinn Fein won't get a united Ireland because they are marxist retards who love British welfare money more than Ireland

Yep. I'm honestly more scared about Brexit fucking the UK's shit up and a united Ireland happening pretty much by necessity as the UK breaks up. That frightens the bejaysus out of me.
>>
>>73647097

What makes you think the English and Welsh will want to keep you?
>>
>>73647227
Because no one will take us. It's not like the south wants us, we're pretty much stuck between two countries that hate us but one of them has to look after us,
>>
>>73646823
Sinn Fein lost their votes because they have moved further to the left to attempt to win votes from groups like LGBT and communists. They failed these groups hate nationalists as much as they hate unionists. Worse by putting forward mickey mouse issues like gay marriage and abortion they alienated some catholic voters hence why their vote dropped. They won't learn
>>73646905
That is true but unionists also say
>we need Britain because of this
You need catholics to vote for a united Ireland not unionists hence why I said increase the birth rate
>>73647177
They stick to their own, the problems they gave us are mostly in the past. I'm even texting a qt hun girl atm. I'm voting to leave partly for that but other reasons too i.e. not wanting a million muslims to come here with youth unemployment already being at 20%
>>
>>73647540
>You need catholics to vote for a united Ireland not unionists hence why I said increase the birth rate
Aye, but increasing the birth rate means fuck all if your economy gets better since radical notions such as leaving a political union is no longer thought of (One of the reason why we probably will stay in the EU). Likewise at the current rate it still does nothing, it shows more Catholics are unionist than ever before. I'm sorry lad, but a united Ireland is over now.
>>
>>73647319

The majority in the south is in favour of unification in principle at least. Whether that holds up in a scenario where it might actually happen is another matter entirely. If it did happen, there are provisions within the Irish constitution that allow Stormont institutions to carry on running the place more or less like they are now, except as part of Ireland instead of the UK.

>but one of them has to look after us,

That's an interesting assumption.

>>73647540

>They stick to their own, the problems they gave us are mostly in the past.

Didn't they riot over fucking flags recently? Mate, fuck that. I can't hack the bloody water charge protestors never mind armed paramilitaries who get triggered by not being able to parade or throw bags of piss at Catholic schoolgirls.

>I'm voting to leave partly for that but other reasons too i.e. not wanting a million muslims to come here with youth unemployment already being at 20%

Ah you scaldy knacker, if you leave you're gonna fuck shit up for the both of us. Your region will be destablised and 25% of our exports will go down the shitter. Pls don't, anon.

And anyway, Muslims don't come here because the weather's shite, the economy's shite and beyond initial friendliness, we're cold and exclusionary toward foreigners. They'd much rather be in Germany or Great Britain so they can be with their own kind.
>>
>>73648093
>The majority in the south is in favour of unification in principle at least.
I don't doubt that, but likely when our brothers look at the cost of supporting us. That principle will remain one, and that's about it.

>If it did happen, there are provisions within the Irish constitution that allow Stormont institutions to carry on running the place more or less like they are now, except as part of Ireland instead of the UK.
That's fine and dandy mate, and considerate of you lot. But I don't see myself as Irish whatsoever so I don't really care tbqhwyfam.

>That's an interesting assumption.
We're fucked at this rate if we go on our own, we need someone to look after us.

>Didn't they riot over fucking flags recently?
Only in Belfast which is a shit hole anyway, plus what do you expect? Industry is dead there, they have nothing else to do. The rest of the country is fine and non-violent, the problems are pretty much over in most of the country. Belfast just needs a bit more time.
>>
>>73647811
This would take years to do of course it is out of the question for now. People are too comfortable, but I think a Brexit would hep alot.
>>73648093
>Paramilitaries
Do you live in 1975 or something ? the paramilitaries are a fucking joke only reason they still exist is so the peelers funding won't get cut. All they do is deal drugs, Dublin has more of a problem with dissidents than the north. The Fleg thing ? it was a joke even the huns thought they were an embarassment it was groups of like 50 unemployed huns moving around every day.
Exactly the farmers on the border are huns their community will suffer we will have to build links to the free state. I'm counting on the British state to suffer and the taigs to get pissed off
>>
>>73646432

Picts were limited to the North East from the Firth of Tay to the Moray. They had nothing to do with the Lothians Strathclyde or D&G
>>
>>73648680
To be fair on our brother from the south, they also kill drug dealers in Londonderry so we have something good... sort of.
>>
>>73647319
>England
>Hating on unionist Norn Irionmen

nope
>>
>>73643197

were you molested by a priest?
>>
>>73646905
England bailed out RoI anyway a couple of years ago
>>
>>73649037
I don't know mate, I'm sure they find us useful if push came to shove. But still, iffy on how much they like us.
>>
>>73648900
Derry is a fucking hole, Eamon Mccann and Fleggory.
They are everything that is wrong with taigs waving marxist and palastine flags along with the tricolor.
>>73649088
No Canon Mullen is sound DESU
>>
>>73648654

>>The majority in the south is in favour of unification in principle at least.
>I don't doubt that, but likely when our brothers look at the cost of supporting us. That principle will remain one, and that's about it.

That's definitely my position, but it's quite a deep-seated thing with most Irish people to see partition as a heinous crime perpetrated on us by foreigners and (re)unification as our national birthright. Much like Brexiters do now, they might engage in fantasies rooted in vague nationalistic notions in order to justify such actions.

Or alternatively, the might point to the unification of Germany and how West Germany absorbing the absolute economic basket case that was Eat Germany might be a good model for Ireland absorbing the economic and social basket case that is Northern Ireland.

>>That's an interesting assumption.
>We're fucked at this rate if we go on our own, we need someone to look after us.

Or you could, you know, put your differences aside sort out your economy. Then you wouldn't be a burden on whoever ends up with you.

>>73649089

You fellas are obsessed with that one bilateral loan. Literally Brits are the only people I ever hear harping on about it.

Of our €85bn bailout, €17.5bn came from our own treasury, €22.5bn from the IMF, €22.5bn from the European Financial Stability mechanism and €22.5bn from the European Financial Stability Facility.

Among the last of the above were three bilateral loans from Sweden, Denmark and the UK (amounting to roughly £7.5bn). The City was hideously exposed to the Irish property bubble so not giving us a loan was not an option for Cameron unless he wanted more British banks to go tits up.

That was a one-off loan you gave us that we're paying back with interest. Contrast that with the £11bn the UK government pisses away every year to keep Northern Ireland afloat.
>>
>>73648680

>Do you live in 1975 or something ? the paramilitaries are a fucking joke only reason they still exist is so the peelers funding won't get cut. All they do is deal drugs, Dublin has more of a problem with dissidents than the north. The Fleg thing ? it was a joke even the huns thought they were an embarassment it was groups of like 50 unemployed huns moving around every day. Exactly the farmers on the border are huns their community will suffer we will have to build links to the free state. I'm counting on the British state to suffer and the taigs to get pissed off

I don't even know what goes on up there to be honest and I don't wanna know. It's just a headache I'd rather not have.

Save for that one RA pub on Pearse Street, I've never encountered any bona fide pro-IRA/pro-dissident rabble in Dublin or the country in general. I honestly don't care about the drugs gangs because they can be dealt with one way or another, they don't go around screaming about how shooting up hotels or selling heroin to kids is "ARE KULTURE" that we all have to respect. We don't have to maintain a veneer of political correctness and respect they're utterly degenerate ways like we would with northern loyalists in a united Ireland.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.