[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a redpilled truck driver anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: JBH Truck-Driver_jpg.jpg (388 KB, 1818x1228) Image search: [Google]
JBH Truck-Driver_jpg.jpg
388 KB, 1818x1228
go ahead, /pol/acks
>>
>>73626888
What do you eat on the road?
>>
do you understand how hard that profession is going to go down in the near term future?
>>
>>73626888
What do you transport in your truck and what's the longest journey you ever went on?
>>
>>73626976
I try to avoid truck stop food (McDonald's, Subway, etc.) because it's

1. Unhealthy: when you sit for nearly 11 hours a day, you can get a lot of weight.
2. Expensive: The $6 breakfast, $7 lunch and $5 dinner start to add up.

I mostly hit up Wal-Mart and restock enough food for a week (I have a small fridge in the truck).
>>
Would you run over a liberal?
>>
>>73627121
Automated trucks will never fully replace us. Trains aren't even fully automated yet.
>>73627205n
I work for a mega company and I have a reefer, so mostly fresh produce to grocery stores. The longest trip was from California to Maryland with my trainer (when you begin as a trucker, you have to stay with an official company trainer in his truck for a certain amount of time until he deems you ready).
>>
Do you have a comfy cabin? Pics?
>>
>>73627280
Sometimes I'd love to. It's always that little Prius with a Bernie sticker that cuts me off.
>>
>>73626888
Did you fuck up on your drive time and have to take a cooldown, hence the thread?
>>
>>73626888
How many prostitutes have you murdered?
>>
File: 1459220302415.jpg (50 KB, 552x615) Image search: [Google]
1459220302415.jpg
50 KB, 552x615
>>73626888
Kek, John boy has us niggers trucking.
>>
>>73627496
1) what would you say is the most epic / beautiful part of America to drive through

2) have you figured out all of life's problems over the course of your many long journeys
>>
>>73626888
I've always thought about becoming a truck driver. Did it take you long to get a good feel for the truck? What's it like when you have to drive through heavily populated areas?
>>
what line of work are you going to look for since the truck driver is going extinct once self driving cars become a thing
>>
>>73627897
>self driving cars
not even OP but those won't be commercially ready for at least 10 years
>>
>>73627230
In that case how do you cook? Do you have a little stove/hotplate/microwave in your truck? or do you use other facilities? or is all your food ready to eat?
>>
>>73626888
do u like trucks
>>
Were are the good parking lot lizards?

Any good stories about them?
>>
>>73626888
How often do you cook your logbook?
>>
>>73626888

You got your thumper?
>>
>"red pilled"
>accelerating the warming of the planet and contributing to global warming
>which is driving the mass exodus from Africa and the mid eat to Europe and America

yeah, nah.
>>
Is it anything like in that truck driver simulator game? You think buying the game is worth it?
>>
>>73627781
Cunt , beat me to it.
>>
>>73626888
how many rest stop hookers have offered you their teenage daughter instead of themselves
>>
>>73626888

Nice trips!

What do you know about an organization called NOFIT?
>>
>>73626888
Are you aware that you're going to lose your job to a robot in at least 5 years?
>>
>>73626888
Have you murdered any prostitutes lately?
And do you have one arm that's so white it's almost see through and another blacker than the ace of spades?
>>
>>73628892
>>73629132
>>73629154

Are these bots?
>>
>>73627877
the job probably won't exist pretty soon due to self driving trucks
>>
>>73628019
http://www.wired.com/2015/05/worlds-first-self-driving-semi-truck-hits-road/
>>
Would you use some sort of navigation/communication or convoy type phone application if I made one?
>>
>>73629372
Oh wow, a semi that can only drive itself down a highway, won't pass a car or change lanes and needs to revert to manual control any time a lane marking gets obscured or it goes off the interstate. What an innovation!
>>
>>73629372
From the article

>The Freightliner Inspiration offers a rather limited version of autonomy: It will take control only on the highway, maintaining a safe distance from other vehicles and staying in its lane. It won’t pass slower vehicles on its own. If the truck encounters a situation it can’t confidently handle, like heavy snow that covers lane lines, it will alert the human that it’s time for him to take over, via beeps and icons in the dashboard. If the driver doesn’t respond within about five seconds, the truck will slow down gradually, then stop.

Also

>The Freightliner is still very much a test vehicle.

Also

> But the automaker needs a few million more test miles on the books, in a wide variety of locales and conditions (snow, rain, extreme temperatures), before it’s ready to offer even this very limited autonomous capability to any customers. That’ll take a decade.

Read the article potato, hard to believe we are distantly related
>>
How do you stay in shape?
>>
I've been driving for seven years. I drive a 2015 Peterbuilt. It's a good job because I don't like being around people or having a boss watching everything I do. Fucking DOT cops are useless.
>>
>>73629797
>How do you stay in shape?
Round is a shape
>>
Do you avoid nigger infested shitholes so you don't wind up like Reginald Denny?
>>
>>73626888
Do you visit /r9k/?
>>
>>73626888
please stop liquid shitting in those 2 gallon milk containers.
please stop sold shitting in suit cases.

I have to clean that shit up. Normal people just throw bags and wrappers on the ground.
Trucks ONLY throw feces.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.