[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Certificate of Maturity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: maturity-is-not-measured-by-age.jpg (60 KB, 1980x1080) Image search: [Google]
maturity-is-not-measured-by-age.jpg
60 KB, 1980x1080
>Why don't we do away with all the age requirements we have in our society (driving, drinking, consent, gambling, certain jobs, etc.) and instead require young adults to go through exams and tests that will prove their maturity.

It's fucking retarded that we have arbitrary ages when there's 21 year olds that are like braindead children, and 16 year olds that are more than mature enough to perform jobs they can actually contribute to society with, instead of rotting in a school they don't need. Same goes for traffic, who the fuck wants 17-18-year old loose cannons driving around with dangerous vehicles? At the same time, there's plenty of responsible and able mid-teens who would perform perfectly in traffic but are stuck burdening their family because they rely on them for transport.

Fuck arbitrary ages, we need maturity exams.
>>
>>73577327
You kinda sound like you just want to fuck kids, or you're underage.

If not, then I believe if you're old enough to fight in a war, then you're old enough to drink, smoke, drive, etc.
>>
>>73577327
Mature kid passes exam
>starts drinking exsesively
>no longer mature.
Its not arbitrary ages its just assumed that by 18/21 you no longer fuck up as bad as you would at 14
>>
There is no objective measure of maturity. It is impossible to give a reasonable test of it.
>>
>>73577823
And an arbitrary number unrelated to someone's maturity or character is better? We are literally letting fucking psychopaths in traffic that shouldn't be driving.

>>73577712
If a mature kid would pass the exam, they would prove they have the character not to get addicted. If they do, it would probably be through life circumstances which can happen to anyone, but not because he's a fucking moron in the first place.

>>73577663
>this fucking projection

Fuck off pedo. It's pretty clear what's on your mind first.
>>
>>73577327
>>73577712
From a purely rational standpoint I'd agree but my own personal experience causes me some self doubt because it just so happened to coincide with those seemingly arbitrarily set age restrictions. I know a personal anecdote doesn't really mean much but, by sheer coincidence I'm sure, I personally "woke up" at precisely age 18. I'd consider myself a late bloomer though and I had a very poor upbringing so it's probably different for others.
>>
Pretty sure European kids have less of an alcohol problem than American kids.
>>
>>73577327
You sound like a libertarian who thinks you could get rid of government overnight, and the free market would take over. Unrealistic.

The rest of the thread doesn't matter, there's literally no way to gauge a maturity test, and get accurate results. 18 is pretty arbitrary, almost holding no ground, or you would think. But setting an age like that almost wakes people up. 18 is the free year in America for the most part, 19 you should be getting it together, 20 is your choice, but you certainly have enough experience to make decisions if you aren't a piece of shit in general.
>>
>>73578235
>18 is the free year in America for the most part, 19 you should be getting it together, 20 is your choice

Except that is not how human beings work.

>>73578090
Oh man you should try going out in England, you won't believe what you see.
>>
>>73578431
Ok, push all of that aside then. Where do you draw the line? How about the middle school scholars, should they be gambling and driving cars? No matter what, you are going to have arbitrary ages
>>
Only children will enter the kingdom of god
>>
>>73577327
The worst part of it all that they all have the right to vote.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.