[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix the recidivism problem? https://www.youtube.c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 7-recidivism-in-the-us.png (46 KB, 600x492) Image search: [Google]
7-recidivism-in-the-us.png
46 KB, 600x492
How do we fix the recidivism problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5VV0og-a7w
>>
>>73557400
Stop letting them out.
>>
>>73557400

They could try to stop committing crimes.
>>
When Trump builds the wall we send the prisoners there like the Night's Watch.
>>
>>73557400
Increase the number of offenses considered capital.
>>
Can you really fucking blame them.
Its pretty much impossible to get a job if you have a felony.
I think it should be harder to get out of jail (be a model prisoner, prove that you are gonna contribute to society if you get out) but if you get out you shouldnt be looked as a second class citizen. Who the fuck is gonna hire someone with a felony over someone without one, that shits retarded they should get rid of this 2nd class citizen bullshit except for owning weapons which i think is fair.
>>
>>73557738
This.
>>
File: Theodor_Eicke.jpg (31 KB, 355x599) Image search: [Google]
Theodor_Eicke.jpg
31 KB, 355x599
>>73557400

Sentence repeat offenders to 40 years of hard labor
>>
File: mfw16.png (62 KB, 275x417) Image search: [Google]
mfw16.png
62 KB, 275x417
>>73557400
>they make the reoffenders white
>>
>lock someone up in a den of wild animals
>surprised when they become wild animals

le shawshank redemption feac
>>
Maybe america should start an australia program. Ship all their unwanted to africa.
>>
>>73558237
That's basically what the system is right now. Corporations have incentive to make them work for them because they don't have to pay anywhere near minimum wage or provide good working conditions.
>>
>>73557400

Actually rehabilitate them. Work on their problems, get them educated, treat them like humans. 90% will turn into productive human beings if you spend those years helping them become one. Execute the 10% who refuse to change.
>>
>>73558022
agreed

being unable to get work is reason #1 felons fall back into crime. When you're an unemployed felon, virtually the only way you can make a living is by doing the same shit you did before, and it turns into a vicious cycle.

There are industries where it makes sense to limit felons ability to work there (education, healthcare, etc), but pretty much anywhere else it should be irrelevant. They paid their debt
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.