[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of massive meat consumption,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11
File: latest.jpg (31 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
31 KB, 800x533
Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of massive meat consumption, and why it is necessary or unnecessary in a very objective manner? Thanks.
>>
>>73549337
>Frenchman
>Against meat consumption

What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
Do your own homework, Pierre.
>>
>>73549375
I'm not against meat consumption. I love meat.
I just want to know the main arguments used by both parties.
>>
>>73549375
>American
>Assuming someone asking for both sides is against
What th- oh wait no I know exactly what's wrong with you.
>>
>>73549337
muh protein, muh gains

it's part of human diet and has been for thousands of years, not taking it is running the risk of having some bad nutrition disease.
>>
>not eating cuz of muh feels
>>
>>73549337
Meat done right is good. US-style massive industrialized agribusiness is bad.
>>
>>73549696
>US-style massive industrialized agribusiness is bad
Why?
>>
>>73549337
Massive meat consuption?
Pros: tasty food all day so you won't become bored of eating asparagus for breakfast, less hunger between meals
Cons: you will damage your kidneys over time due to high protein uptake, you may spend more money (here vegetables and processed foods are cheaper than meat)
>>
>>73549823
What about massive meat production?
>>
>>73549696

This.
>>
>>73549337

Consume in moderation, lots of bird and fish meat, legumes as base protein, mammal meat now and then.

Both abstention and excess create problems
>>
protein and gainz, brah

cant fuck sluts looking like a stick
>>
File: burger1[1].png (609 KB, 620x727) Image search: [Google]
burger1[1].png
609 KB, 620x727
Fuck the OP's homework. This is now a massive meat thread.

Hard mode. Not American.
>>
File: 2016-05-10-03-16-20--627887064.jpg (13 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-10-03-16-20--627887064.jpg
13 KB, 301x167
>>73550364
Alright America, whatever.
I've always wanted to taste whale meat. Japs sure are lucky.
>>
>>73549764

We've plowed down a sizeable percentage of the Amazon for cattle land and cows produce a fuckton of CO2.

I don't even care about saving the species there, and the amount of CO2 dispersed by factories is probably nothing compared to the amount dispersed by the global meat market.
>>
>>73550506
Me too, frog. Also panda.
>>
File: 1425948487093.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1425948487093.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>73550364
God bless.
>>
>>73549337
just reword what's stated in these links for your assginment, frog-O

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2015-10-27-processed-meat-causes-cancer-warns-who-report/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108955/
>>
>>73550554
About the amount of CO2 the cows produce; what would be the best course of action in your opinion?
>>
>>73550781
Thank you. I was actually looking for this kind of article.
>>
The only thing ever worthwhile to ever come from Brasil.

>>73550787
Population control.
>>
>>73550919
And why aren't we already doing this? Is it because the cows are an irreplaceable ressource to the industry or does it have anything to do with ethics?
>>
File: SicUnXK.png (17 KB, 651x641) Image search: [Google]
SicUnXK.png
17 KB, 651x641
>>73550919
Brings back childhood memories.
>>
>>73550787

All we can really do is try to introduce things like "Meatless Monday". Western societies aren't going to reduce consumption unless there's some sort of indoctrination.
>>
>>73549337

I'm not sure there is a pro to massive consumption of anything other than water.
>>
Because you can't reach some land for crops (e.g. hill farming) so you let it out to pasture and give the livestock the tough job. Its efficient like that.

Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzB5PQiXwrk
>>
>>73551332
Aren't western societies a bit too attached to meat consumption for that, though?
>>
>>73551332
Why not just make fake meats taste good? I think everyone would be down for painless delicious meat.
>>
>>73551661
During the winter months we needed to store food. We weren't really hot on plants yet so we kept livestock through the winter. I suspect that this gives the white man a stronger connection to meat for the same reason we're tolerant to alcohol and milk
>>
One ton of kebab.

>>73551324
I meant human population control.

>>73551332
Drop your meat consumption by one seventh, increase the population by one fifth through immigration and expansion. Still comes out behind.
>>
>>73551661

That's why I said we need indoctrination of less meat.

We could also try to steer people in the direction of different kinds of meat. We need to stop subsidizing beef. 1 lb of beef in the US is like $3.75-5 depending on your locale, but in other Western nations it's like $7+ because they don't subsidize it.

>>73551824

I don't care about the pain lol. And as long as the byproduct of the meat creation process is safe, then I'm all for it.
>>
>>73551332
>>73552214
>not realizing meat can now be grown through cultures in the lab
It will be safer, cheaper, and better for human consumption once it is produced at a mass scale.
>>
>>73549337

There are no pros, only cons. This is how it should be done.

Meet Joel Salatin and his concept of Polyface Farming...
https://youtu.be/vaQ3hXkXVjY
>>
>>73552575

IM AGREEING WITH THIS PETRI DISH STEAK STUFF
>>
eating meat on the scale that we do, it's entirely unsustainable for the environment and our economy to keep the current system we have. we would need to either cut back or develop synthetic meat.
>>
>>73552214
>And as long as the byproduct of the meat creation process is safe

Yeah, no, it's not. A little research into growth hormones, anti-biotics, and basic filth cows/chickens/pigs live in prior to being on your dinner table should be enough to make you run away from the supermarket screaming.

No idea why people still eat meat considering it's basically slowly killing off the human population. Crazy.
>>
>>73552978
Or...I don't know you could kill yourself?
>>
>>73552978
>synthetic meat
Already done

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/05/20/meet-the-future-of-meat-a-10-lab-grown-hamburger-that-tastes-as-good-as-the-real-thing/

In fact they'd actually be able to enhance the protein and nutrition of the beef while producing it. There's no downside asides from tinfoilfags saying they'll put mind control shit in it.
>>
>>73549438
This.

On va pas faire tes devoirs à ta place Kévin.
>>
I went vegetarian. Cured my constipation and hemorrhoids. Feels good, man. Grapefruit sounds good right about now.
>>
>>73553245
I don't see how there wouldn't already be mind control shit in our meat if that kind of thing does happen

I think the downside would be price, at least for now. You'd have to develop an entirely new industry around something we don't know if people will accept as 'food'.
>>
>>73549337
Pros: You need animal proteins in your diet to be healthy. No vegetable-based protein completely fills the human body's needs.

>Source: I'm a nutritionist
>>
>>73550364
>This is now a massive meat thread.

>>>/hm/
>>
>>73549337
It's wreaking the planet. What, you don't read?
>>
>>73549337
>pro(s)
meat is high in protein
>con(s)
high in cals and fat
>>
>>73549337

Doesn't fucking matter because we will be eaten vat grown meat soon enough
>>
File: river-ridge-bbq-and-catfish[1].jpg (53 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
river-ridge-bbq-and-catfish[1].jpg
53 KB, 550x412
>>73553577
I'm amazed it took you guys long enough to go for that punchline. Do I need to serve the meat up on a silver platter?
>>
>>73553502
As stated in the article the reason the cost is so high is because it's currently only being done in the academic setting. Just imagine having a massive petri dish the size of a football field. Meat production would become incredibly cheap because cells grow at an exponential rate.
>>
>>73553736
I'll eat your meat, anon.
>>
>>73553525
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_and_beans#Nutritional_significance
>Together they make up a complete protein
>a source of protein that contains an adequate proportion of all nine of the essential amino acids necessary for the dietary needs of humans
>>
>>73553525
quinoa is a start. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa
>>
>>73553736

hot diggity dog that looks good
>>
>>73553826
>le rice and beans maymay
Good for a struggling college student but you'd die by your forties if you ate like that every day.
>>
>>73553736
that looks like vomit!
>>
Modern industrial scale farming is unsustainable, lab-grown meat is the future.
>>
>>73554011
>but you'd die by your forties if you ate like that every day.
It's one thing to make a claim without a source, but you didn't even try backing it up with rhetoric.
>>
>>73554040

BBQ is a no bullshit type of food. Almost no effort goes into how it looks, it just has to taste good. And it does.
>>
>>73549337
Cowe
>>
>>73554338
beans are putting me off...
the rest looks kind of neat
what is that yellowish thing ?
>>
I love meat but I feel bad for pigs
>>
>>73549337
Pros: Get stronk
Cons: None
>>
File: tartare.jpg (198 KB, 1322x881) Image search: [Google]
tartare.jpg
198 KB, 1322x881
>>73549337
pros
>delicious
>nutritious
cons
>muh feelings
>muh planet
>>
>>73549337
cowe
>>
>>73555000

Those are just standard bbq baked beans. The yellowish thing is a scoop of mashed potatoes. The red stuff on the scoop is either potato skins or red onions or some other veggie, probably potato skins.

It might look sort of odd to you but in context it makes sense. Usually at a BBQ you have different people making a bunch of different stuff. One guy might be making the sausage, another guy making the ribs, someone else may have brought coleslaw or mashed potatoes, etc. You go around from food to food filling your plate up and since it originates as a family or community thing you don't care how it looks, you aren't trying to sell anything to anyone, its just about having a good time.

Nice double trips, hope you can experience some authentic bbq one day.
>>
>>73551824

As if the taste of murder isn't the best fucking part. It isn't really delicious until you've slaughtered your own meal.
>>
>>73552214

step 1) REMOVE KEBAB

step 2) replace kebab carbon footprint with meat

Why cuck yourself bud
>>
>>73549337
Meat is economically very inefficient to produce. The same land and resources could be used to produce an enormous amount of crops if repurposed.

Also the high rate of meat consumption in places like the US is actually a very new phenomenon. Meat was never this accessible and there is a fairly clear correlation between high meat consumption and health problems, obesity, etc. on the macro level.
>>
>>73549337
cowe
>>
>>73549337
Can you explain to me why you think it is in any way your business, at all with the food other people eat, you french fuck. Go worship that pedophile Warlord and leave the rest of us alone.
>>
>>73555971
>there is a fairly clear correlation between high meat consumption and health problems, obesity, etc. on the macro level.
As opposed to cheap carbs, processed food and sugar in everything?
>>
Vegans are cancer, but the meat that comes from factories and put onto shelves in grocery stores are degenerate and filled with chemicals. It's not healthy and anybody who eats that shit is not eating actual food.

I get most of my meat from fishing and hunting, or at the local small farms.
>>
>>73555000
Oh man, if you've never had a BBQ meal before, you're truly missing out
>>
>>73557086
That's obviously not what I mean. The majority of what the meat industry pushes out is full of chemicals and shit anyway. Red meat in particular is a really inefficient protein source as well.

A realistic healthy diet could consist of fresh vegetables, grains, and occasional light meat and fish. Eating red meat everyday is retarded and will get you health problems in the future.
>>
>>73555971
Bullshit. Lots of meat in your diet doesn't give you health problems, it's the chemicals that they pump into the factory animals that give you health problems.

I live a mostly meat-filled diet with vegetables and grains on the side, but I'm not obese or unhealthy at all because I hunt and fish for my meat myself or buy it at local farms fresh from the farms and not at stores. You need meat to be healthy.
>>
>>73553759
I doubt it'd be that easy, but over time it would certainly be cost effect. Right now, however, it would take a huge investment to get this sort of thing off the ground.

In any case, it is how we'll end up eating in the future. At one point, I don't think we'll really need anything that comes from animals, or even regular vegetation, for that matter. Synthetic meals are on the horizon.
>>
>>73553034
Meat is pure degeneracy. Funny enough not eating forced me into a more balanced diet. I think i gained 20 pounds of mass on a pure veg diet after trying for years to bulk on animal protien.

Balanced diet (without meat) = superior. I even bought a scale and a pressure cooker for lentils. :^]
>>
>>73553525
Nice try, jew boy. Go back to sucking cut jew cocks and worshiping "muh meats"
>>
>>73549337
cowe
>>
>>73549337

baguettearian
>>
>>73554011
>being this much of a faggot.
>>
>>73549337

pros: it's delicious

cons: it's resource intensive to produce, has a negative effect on global warming, it's not a very calory efficient source of food and it's linked to intestinal cancer

but let me reiterate IT'S FUCKING DELICIOUS
>>
It has been proved that eating meat boosted hominid brain power and capacity.

Im doing my part energetically to keep the human race as smart as possible.
>>
File: 1460188809500.jpg (20 KB, 720x403) Image search: [Google]
1460188809500.jpg
20 KB, 720x403
>>73560364
20 pounds of mass as opposed to what????????????
>>
>>73560639
I started as a half-marathon kinda guy after about 2 years of endurance training. Switched to cycling and weights because of job/time restrictions and now i do it for heart health. When i switched to vegan diet to balance meals, I started having more energy and gained about 2 pounds a month. I now dont push as much but being 185lbs at 6'0" is bretty gud.
>>
>>73560901
Also, insurance premiums went down after a formal review :^)

Apparently veganism reduces your risk profile.
>>
File: F-Yo-Feels_MAGAwoo.png (536 KB, 3300x5100) Image search: [Google]
F-Yo-Feels_MAGAwoo.png
536 KB, 3300x5100
>>73549337
Humans have binocular vision.

The only animals which evolve binocular vision within this biosphere called "Earth" are PREDATORS.

They evolved this trait to judge the distance between themselves and their prey..

The same reason we have canine teeth and incisors.

If humans, in their current biologic state, were meant to be vegan... we would have eyes on the sides of our heads and a mouth full of MOLARS with 4 semi-incisor teeth up front.

We'd also have a comletely different gastro-intestinal tract with at least 2-3 more stages as per EVERY OTHER VEGETARIAN MAMMAL which has naturally evolved... as a HERBIVORE on this planet,

Fuck you faggots who think your "feels" are a better indication of what I should do rather than HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF HARD EVOLUTIONARY SELECTIVE TRAITS WHICH SUCCEEDED!!

FUCK YOUR FEELS... I'm having a shit ton of bacon with my 6 eggs when I wake up tomorrow, just to piss off you and muslims.

Eat a cucumber faggot.
>>
>>73549337
Pros
>Meat is delicious
>Meat is part of a balanced diet

Cons
>...
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.