[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how is Mexico not a race?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nzzjhgNIzv1v33hszo1_1280.png (299 KB, 960x529) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzzjhgNIzv1v33hszo1_1280.png
299 KB, 960x529
I am having a debate with my friend who is a Bernie supporter.
I need help explaining how mexico is not a race.
any suggestions???
>>
>>73528787
Mexico is a country. If mexican is a race, then was there a genocide against east germany when the reunification happened because east germans dont exist anymore?

if country of origin denotes race, how are there any "African-americans" in the US that weren't born in Africa?
>>
>>73528989
mexicans are hispanic or latino or whatever the fuck theyre calling themselves.

mexico is a country, not a race.
america is a country, not a race.

if mexicans are a race, then americans are a race and it is very racist to ignore American cultural attitudes. imposing your cultural standards on another is the height of bigotry.
>>
>>73529270
That argument doesnt work because americans are privileged and you cant be discriminatory against privileged folk. It's justice.

Fucking ludicrous. Can't wait until this shit heats up and people push back hard.
>>
Tell him that I'm a white 3rd generation Mexican immigrant, and because he assumes we are all Amerindian short brown farmers then that must make him a bigot who generalizes.
>>
>>73528787
Mexico is a country. It has a population that is mixed, with people being white, indian, and intermixed (ie, mestizo)

Saying mexican is a race is like saying american is a race.
>>
File: fernando martínez2.png (66 KB, 888x371) Image search: [Google]
fernando martínez2.png
66 KB, 888x371
Believe it or not, Mexicans are not all the same. They have like 5-10 different shades of shit brown PLUS some creoles which basically means white people from Europe that has been there for centuries as the ruling class.

Mexicans are mestizos, natives, creoles and several others; even though it could be argued that hating on Mexicans could actually be racist since generally speaking most of the people who illegally cross the borders are the mestizo trash that makes up the +90% of their population. So hating on Mexicans is not racist per se but it is de facto since they are not that diverse.

For more information on creoles refer to picture attached.
>>
They came over the Bering land bridge so technically they are Asian.
>>
Mexico is a place. Not a race. The word you are looking for is" Mestizos"

This describes indigenous people with European (Spanish) admixture
>>
File: Hispanic.jpg (980 KB, 2070x2588) Image search: [Google]
Hispanic.jpg
980 KB, 2070x2588
>>73528787
>>
Mulattos are not a race, they are a mix of white and black

Spics are not a race, they are a mix of native and white
>>
>>73528787
You shouldn't need help proving Mexican is not a race. If you're born in Mexico then you're Mexican, which is a NATIONALITY, not a RACE. If Mexican is a race then so is Canadian or American or whatever. It's that simple.
Maybe they're thinking of mestizos or indians. Indian is a race. Most people in Latin America have a bit of European in them which makes them mestizo. These are typically the ones who are light skinned.
But to say Mexican is a race is flatout retarded. And unfortunately a lot of people think that way. So a lot of people are actually retarded.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.