[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Needle exchange?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: needless.jpg (16 KB, 296x394) Image search: [Google]
needless.jpg
16 KB, 296x394
How do /POL/lacks feel about free needle exchanges in urban areas?
>>
Doesn't really matter how you feel about it, cluckhead.
>>
>>73524506
Absolutely degenerate, the state should either help cure drug addicts or segregate them from the general population, not help them get high.
>>
>>73524506
I think it's a great idea if they lace them all with bleach.
>>
>>73524506
It's a good thing. People who can't access clean needles end up using hep C infested ones, or ones they find on the ground etc. THATS how strong the urge is to use these drugs.

inb4 junkies should just die anyway
>>
A good thing. Lowers fatalities, as well as the spread of diseases.
>>
It's a good idea and helps prevent the spread of diseases.
>>
It's a swell idea. It stops the spread of illness.
>>
>>73524506
They are good to stop the spread of disease.
>>73524693
You're an idiot, needle exchanges don't help junkies get high. Exchanges stop the spread of disease. kys
>>73524839
>>73524975
Yup.
>>
>>73524975
>A good thing.
>Lowers fatalities,

does not compute
>>
File: marty.jpg (82 KB, 794x708) Image search: [Google]
marty.jpg
82 KB, 794x708
>>73525175
>lets give the junkies free needles so that they are safe
>not helping them get high
Stop heroine-posting anon
>>
Unless you're an edgelord, it's hard to find a good reason to hate needle exchanges. The last thing any community needs is a hep or aids outbreak...there was an Indiana town not too long ago that had a huge aids outbreak.
>>
>>73524506

>white people things
>>
>>73524839
so the government goes through the trouble of working with cartels in south america, mexico and the middle east (the US government is on record as having funded the taliban during the bush administration they got opium fields) so drugs can get into the country ruin the lives of those who cant make sensible decisions and ultimately kill them and you think you know better than the government
>>
>>73524506
Literally just behead them all
>>
Disgusting.

Addicts who do not have a silver syringe in a 1900s shagreen case are degenerates.
>>
>>73524975
>>73525093
>>73525165
>>73525175
Nice proxies senpai.

Letting junkies junk with a lower rate of disease spread is degenerate.

Let them die from diseases and overdose.
>>
>>73525475
And only degenerate butt-fuckers and drug users died, how is that bad at all, please I really want an explanation
>>
I live in Vancouver, BC - home of North America's first needle exchange (Insite).

I'm completely opposed to something like this in a philosophical sense because society's shittiest people are basically given free pass to commit serious crimes in there, while there are still people getting arrested for simple possession of light drugs (it's rare but it can happen).

But practically it's one of the best things the city ever did. It REALLY helped clean up our shitty part of town (DTES - look it up - all of Canada's homeless people congregate here because you can't survive the winter in any other major Canadian city without a home). It used to actually feel dangerous walking near there because of the amount of needles lying everywhere. You still see needles occasionally but usually only in alleys and stuff these days.

I wish all the addicts would die over night like any other /pol/ack but I'm content with this middle ground of not having to be afraid of accidentally getting a permanent disease from needles being tossed everywhere.
>>
>>73524506
It helps stop diseases from being spread and prevents a more expensive bill for our public healthcare system down the track. I'm all for it.
>>
>>73525175
why would i want to stop the spread of disease between degenerate drug addicts?

i want them to die
>>
>>73525397

>implying junkies would not use dirty needles

are you retarded?

Giving them access to clean needles doesn't encourage them to get high faggot
>>
>>73524506
there is literally nothing wrong with doing heroin sometimes
>>
>>73525475
>you're an edgelord unless you agree with my point of view
Fuck off reddit.
>>
>>73525397
Are you retarded? How does offering clean help junkies get high? THEY HAVE DIRTY NEEDLES.
>>73525621
Lol.
>>73525630
>>73525723
Am burger, stfu texas. Disease can spread other places, stop the disease where they start.
>>
>>73525397
you are correct, i used to do heroin but i thankfully quit before i turned into complete filth. if i didn't have needles i doubt i'd even become addicted because smoking sucks so much in comparison. there were loads of times i had to smoke it because i didn't have needles on me.

people who share needles deserve to get aids and die anyway
>>
File: purge.png (273 KB, 518x700) Image search: [Google]
purge.png
273 KB, 518x700
>>73524506
>>
Purge the unclean.
>>
They're p good for reducing the spread of disease
>>
It's far cheaper to give them free needles then to deal with the medical care that the diseases cause.

Plus it helps create a ghost registry that gives you data about use and if it is going up or down which allows us to finally find an effective counter.

But that means being effective and /pol/ would never go for that.
>>
>>73525631

Except it's not just them. There's also rebellious teens. And even if just restricted to the losers, it's still a financial strain when they need treatment for the rest of their lives and have no money to pay for it.

Again, you gotta be a pretty stupid edgelord to be against the program. It's in EVERYONE'S best interest for dirty needle outbreaks to stay out of communities.
>>
I'd rather people buy cheap or get free needles than to share to reuse.

I'd also rather there be a legal and safe drug market but I guess letting adults live their lives how they choose is stoopid.
>>
What is the cost of needle in USA? Is it high so you have to exchange and can't buy?
>>
>>73525779
>THEY HAVE DIRTY NEEDLES.
when i was an addict i'd rather smoke it or not do any dope if my only option was using some other junkies needle. if you make the other choice, you're retarded and need to die.
>>
>>73526049
Unless you have a license to need one you simply cannot buy it, so people re use the old ones because there is no reliable method.
>>
Wanna get rid of the crimes, degeneracy and corruption sorrounding drugs? legalize it. Make it people's own responsibility if they shove shit into their bodies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY
>>
>>73524506
do you know that helps reduce the disease spread easier? putting them in a fucking asylum. sure they will resent the state at first, but once they get clean and with some state help, they will have an opportunity to become normal citizens once again and will be grateful for that temporal harsh treatment.
>>
>>73524506
its good since they only get new needels if they bring there old.
so they don't throw them everywhere
>>
>>73526049
no that is not the reason at all, these degenerates just want free clean needles to continue in their filthy lives

no one cares about IV drug users

you should all kill yourselves

irrelevant filth and drain on society

im not picking up your medical bills pussy faggots

this is america

do drugs get diseases idgaf

fuck off
>>
File: larry_clark.jpg (165 KB, 800x1190) Image search: [Google]
larry_clark.jpg
165 KB, 800x1190
>live in Seattle for a while
>going to school at Udub
>the alley to get to the school I had to pass a needle exchange
>done by a protestant church that had a rainbow flag flying 24/7
>attracted the homeless like flies
>homeless become nuisance block from the city, even set up a tent village in front of the post office
>walking through alley you literally see needles all over the ground

Can't wait for the next tsunami or forest fire, if Seattle is wiped off the map I wouldn't be happier
>>
File: Charles.png (183 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Charles.png
183 KB, 500x300
>>73525779
>How does offering clean help junkies get high?
>junky wants to get high
>has no needle or dirty needle
>"dang might have to stop using heroin if I dont want AIDS"
>"gee If only there was a place the state would give me free taxpayer funded heroin needles"
Should the state prove free crackpipes, so that crack addicts don't get sick from sharing a pipe?
>>
>>73526157
Shiet. Here even some hobo without ID can buy whole surringe with niddle with less than 1 cent.
>>
>>73525779
you're a fucking idiot

go live in some shithole like portland and enjoy your bullshit policies

fucking faggot
>>
File: hmm.jpg (29 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
29 KB, 960x540
But what happens when I fuck your gf with my HIV cock?
>>
>>73524506
One of the few very good social programs that is proven to work, just like free drug quality checks and methadone therapy.

Drug addicts take drugs anyway unless they decide to quit or die from it,
The best thing you can do is make sure they don't spread Hep C, AIDS and other shit and explode the medical costs just because a fucking needle is to expensive or a used one gets thrown on the next playground for kids and they step into it.

Needle exchange is a way to keep the streets clean, know the number of addicts, have some very low level social work approach to talk with them about their addiction and other problems or do a regular checkup on them.
>>
>>73526755
poz me daddy
>>
>>73524506
The ultimate redpill
>>
I put 2-3 addicts into body bags in the ICU every week. Don't even feel bad, all degenerate scum.

Less than 10% ever get clean, who cares if they OD.
>>
File: 1453398797475.png (93 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
1453398797475.png
93 KB, 613x533
>>73526157

HOLD THE FUCK UP.

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46622

JESUS CHRIST.

IN WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP STATE DO YOU HAVE TO LIVE WHERE THEY BAN FUCKING SYRINGES.
MOTHERFUCKING SYRINGES

AND YOU THROW SO MUCH SHIT AT THE cUKs for their "Bin that knife".

Jesus fucking christ.
Here you can buy a box of needles at your local pharmacy at 30 beans for 10, at the size you need.

wew lad.
>>
>>73524506
I do steroids
>Need to buy needles
>only use them once

Needle drop boxes are good, needle exchanges are bad.
>Needles are like 17 cents each
>biohazardous waste boxes are free from anywhere that sells needles

If you can afford drugs, you can afford clean needles.
>>
>>73524506
It is going to be cheaper for the gov't to pay for needles than hepatitis or AIDS medication. That alone makes it a better idea.
Also very useful for steroid users.
>>
>>73526320
This. I work in the ICU with heroin ODs on the daily. Even with clean needle exchange, junkies manage to get the HEP C and HIV.

It's pointless
>>
>>73524506
Don't really matter what you think of it.
Finland has had that shit pretty much my whole life and Sweden didn't...one has HIV epidemic and it isn't Finland.
>>
>>73525573
"The government" doesn't allow drugs into the country to kill stupid people, they allow illegal activities to continue in exchange for more vital information ya dingus.
>>
>>73527072
>>73526919
Proof anon
>>
>>73525978
Things would be a lot cheaper if we just let degenerates die.
>>
>>73527261
How is it so unbelievable, I am an RN and I work in an inner city MICU.
>>
>>73525175
>>73525165
>>73525093
>>73524975
>>73524839
Oy vey goy, the real disease is addiction though! Just like the only choice one has in sexuality is what sex they are, not who they have sex with.
>>
>>73527412
kek
>>
>>73524506
If it reduces my local taxes by me not having to pay for methadone centers and drug """"""""""treatment"""""""""" centers, then I'm fine by it. I don't remember how much needles are nowadays, but I imagine its a hell of a lot cheaper than paying for HIV meds and doctors visits for junkies
>>
>>73527333
It isn't. they come in with a destroyed liver and stay in the ER for a week waiting for a transplant before they die. Their death costs 500k.

It is not cheaper.
>>
>>73527261
If a needle is loaded most of the fucks are so eager to get a high they inject without a second thought. They are like "Well, gee I can't take this hit because it might be an infected needle hurrr durr"

We are talking about degenerate trash anon, not CDC lab epidemiologists.
>>
>>73527072
This. College Lefties project their own intelligence and risk aversion onto illiterate Africans who think they are invincible. All the programs in the world haven't changed the crime or IQ disparities.
>>
>>73527604
Lol how much albumin and blood products do we blow on those liver failure fucks from Hep C?
>>
>>73526930

That's because you're Mexico you moron. I could buy a preteen if I went to Tijuana.
>>
>>73527653
Yep.

Source: former heroin addict who got hep c exactly like this.
>>
>>73524506
It's a great idea, and I really like the ideas behind it. That being said, even though drug policy and policing needs to change, I do not think it is necessarily the government's job to fund them. But if it does help the crime rate go down and prevents death and illness and thus lowers strains on medical infrastructure then I do not see why the government should not be involved to some extent.

Otherwise, yes, it is an addiction, which is an issue in and of itself that is most likely the result of all sorts of trauma, rather than purely being a criminal act
>>
>>73526919
Some of us turn into useful members of society
>>
>>73524506
>exchanging needles with other people

Sounds like a bad idea. And in this day and age when you can just go on amazon and buy some...
>>
>>73526930
They're not banned, they're just not available to any old person who waltzes in. I can understand why they would do that, they think it'll stop people from using. It won't, it'll just ensure they do it in unhealthy ways.

Can't save people from themselves though. They're gonna find a way to do it, no matter what.
>>
>>73524506
Add each fresh needle with some kind of infertility drug and I'd love it.

The fewer skids who end up consuming massive medical resources with HIV/AIDS the better in my book.
>>
>>73524506
The needles should be laced with cyanide. No one will notice a few junkies dying off, it'll make the streets better and stop diseases in their tracks. Most utilitarian response.
>>
It is a good idea.

It really is. It is not expensive and helps curb the spread of bloodborne illness. I am all for it.

People are going to do what they are going to do. While we are working to help them, lets work to help them not kill themselves with an AIDS-infected (or Hep C infected, or whatever else) shared needle.
>>
>>73529784
It also helps protect non drug abusers from disease too
>>
>>73526423
You're a fucking idiot.

You actually think not having clean needles will stop a degenerate junky from not doing drugs?

They're going to do it regardless, might as well prevent an outbreak.
>>
In europe needles are sold into supermarkets next to rubbing alcohol, condoms and showergels.
You need a prescription to get needles in usa?
>>
>>73524506
>How do /POL/lacks feel about free needle exchanges in urban areas?
Awesome, as long as the tax money isn't paying for it.

The government should just fuck of and let people do what ever the fuck they want. If the druggies want to the drug then let them. The church or some other non gov org can give them new needles if they want to.
>>
What gauge needle do you prefer, anons?
>>
>>73524506
people are going to do it regardless so it only creates a safer environment for lowlife junkies.
>>
>>73525978
>it's still a financial strain when they need treatment for the rest of their lives and have no money to pay for it.
>>73527604
>It isn't. they come in with a destroyed liver and stay in the ER for a week waiting for a transplant before they die. Their death costs 500k.
>It is not cheaper.
I think the point is he trying to make is that we should just leave them the fuck alone and stop giving them healthcare.

Your ''hurr its cheaper then giving them health care'' argument really only works if you ACTUALLY GIVE THEM HEALTH CARE.
>>
File: aFe1N.png (442 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
aFe1N.png
442 KB, 1200x800
>>73526157
>land of the free
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.