[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
British Army Reserves, I need to know everything that they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: TA-3.jpg (127 KB, 640x381) Image search: [Google]
TA-3.jpg
127 KB, 640x381
British Army Reserves, I need to know everything that they don't tell you. It seems that I can join, train in a field of my choice a minimum of 19 days a year and only be deployed on operations in the most extreme of circumstances (such as the inevitable WW3). Best part of all I'm gonna get paid to do this, I don't have to pay for my education here it seems.

What's in the fine print? Any knowledge will be appreciated.
>>
File: native_briton.jpg (17 KB, 229x377) Image search: [Google]
native_briton.jpg
17 KB, 229x377
>>73511312
Personally, I think it is great, that you want to join the greater cause of allah. There is nothing more noble than the way of Jihad! If I were you, I'd ask at your nearest mosque in London. I heared Sadiq Khan has started a special program for interested folk like you. Surprisingly enough, it also involves dieing for Israel, the Rothschilds and the assets of Goldman Sachs.
>>
Stop calling them the fucking reserves for a start. It's the Territorial Army and always will be, fuck generic rebrandings
>>
>>73511312
What the hell is that yellow thing on their rifles?
>>
>>73511855
>Germany
shouldn't you be praying to allah with mama Merkel or something
>>
>>73511919
Everyone knows if you join the TA you're a huge faggot anyway, I just want the good shtuff
>>
>>73511312

You can often choose, or at least say when you are able to go on deployment.

You don't get paid to just sit around and say you're in the reserve, you only get paid for the hours you are actually training or on deployment.

You can also go on full-time contracts, for a year or so, whilst in the Reserve. Can be useful if you become unemployed. You are still classed as a Reservist during that time.

To be honest, to get promoted to get that better pay you need to have gone on deployment once or twice usually. You're not going to get promoted for just existing. With promotion comes better pay, but with time of length served also comes pay increases.

When I get back home I'm going to join the Royal Marine Reserves, it'll be awesome, 1) I'm prepared for any happenings that come my way and 2) If I want to take some time off from my day job I can go and shoot some Arabs in Libya, Syria or Iraq (if we have the opportunity to get deployed there). Great way to de-stress.
>>
>>73511943
Over here we paint everything yellow because that colour means alot to us.
>>
>>73511943
This image is from troops training,
The yellow "thing" is a blank firing attachment. Most modern assault rifles are gas operated. When a round is fired the gas that is given off in the explosion and that gas is used to "re-load" the rifle. With blank rounds this is not possible without the use of a BFA (Blank Firing attachment). It also serves the purpose as being a bullet catcher in case live rounds are loaded by mistake.
>>
>>73512087
I imagine these facts remain true for us britfags, thanks for an actual useful response rather than cancer
>>
File: mfw.jpg (32 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
32 KB, 500x333
>>73511312
>and only be deployed on operations in the most extreme of circumstances
>unironically believeing this lie
>>
>>73512340

Palestinian children throwing rocks at Israel is an extreme cirumstance you anti Semite!
>>
>>73512340
Hens the thread asking for the fine print. Don't be a waste of spirit.
>>
I was in the reserves and went regular. What corps are you wanting to join?

It's a good laugh anyway you should crack on you get to some cool shit without making it your full time job. In fact it made me realise how mundane and uninspired my full time job was.

You get people who bring the name of reserves down (fat lazy people there to do not much but want the pay cheque). You also get some very fit people in the same unit.

Being in the reserves also gives you the opportunity to do other stuff with other reserve units when they come up (again, some people will volunteer for everything and others will do the bear minimum) and do adventure training. They are trying (and failing) to bump up the reserves as part of Army2020 so they are putting a lot of money into reserve units, good time to join.

There is no "small print" they cant just ship you off to war (they can mobilise you but youd get plenty of notice (you could only get out of it in extreme circumstances), usually people in the unit volunteer to do so if need be.
>>
>>73511312
>Armies are recruiting on /pol/
Kek
>>
>>73512534
Again, thanks for an actual useful response.

I don't know alot about this and only began researching today, my friend asked my to find out any information I could for him and during the research it looked like a decent opportunity.

I'm a pretty active guy and the sound of training is only good to me. I'm unemployed because I fucked my wrist up in the new year but having recovered the only reason I wouldn't consider the regular is because my Mrs would lose her fucking shit.

What corps do you recommend?
>>
>>73512479
It's not even fine print. part of the governments army 2020 plan involves creating more reserves and deploying them alongside the army all the time.
Trust me either join the service properly or fuck off. 19 days a year is not nearly enough to teach you what you need to know
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.