[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I care about my right to smoke pot? I just don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14
File: tmp_16664-R42CjHzh-883327429.jpg (169 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16664-R42CjHzh-883327429.jpg
169 KB, 1024x768
Why should I care about my right to smoke pot? I just don't care. I don't smoke it, and I never will. Why should I support it? I don't smoke it, and I never will. I might as well oppose it. I am fine with it. I don't need it. I vote for me, not for you. That's the American spirit.
>>
>>73501033
That broccoli looks strange!
>>
Why should you care if someone else uses it?

Alcohol and tobacco are much, much more damaging to your health, yet we allow it - even encourage it.
>>
Legalize it so you don't have to spend more tax dollars in the fight against the drug. That way if people want to go kill themselves in whatever type of overdose they can. Besides they deserve to die in an alley way with their mouth filled with foam.
>>
File: Kyouko Smokes Weed.jpg (179 KB, 1024x831) Image search: [Google]
Kyouko Smokes Weed.jpg
179 KB, 1024x831
>>73501033
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRwww9IOOUo

This guy knows what's up. Legalize it so the shitlibs are too high to vote and the white man can make more money.
>>
>>73501033
Look at the millions it's pulled in for taxes in Colorado.
Less taxes for you.
Better schools.
More basic services (snow plows, fire departments, ambulance).

All paid for, by not you.
Can you see past the end of your nose? All your comment amounts to is the blathering of a spoiled child "me me me me"
You live in a society, dumbass. If you don't like it, I hear there's free land in Siberia.
>>
>>73501438
uh you can't die from a pot overdose
>>
>>73501243
I don't care if they smoke or not. That's why I don't care enough to support it. I oppose it because I don't smoke it. Also, I don't agree with substance abuse. This is basic stuff that is taught in schools.

>>73501440

I truly believe that marijuana can make people docile and politically apathetic.
>>
>>73501243
>Why should you care if someone else uses it?
Because stoners are obnoxious. I support the legalization of all illicit drugs except Marijuana. If I can even slightly inconvenience stoners I am happy, I am a petty man.
>>
>>73501033
>Why should I care about other people's freedoms that don't concern me?

>I might as well oppose it. I am fine with it. I don't need it. I vote for me, not for you.

You literally care.
>>
I want everybody to bear in mind that OP is ironically shitposting to illustrate a point.
>>
File: 2016-05-09 11.41.21.jpg (756 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-09 11.41.21.jpg
756 KB, 2048x1152
>>73501613

There is nothing childish about caring about your own interests.
>>
>>73501761

>I am a petty man

Yeah I know, it shows in your beliefs
>>
>>73501962
Yes, that is why I said that. Are you retarded?
>>
>>73501761

There is nothing petty about it. Marijuana users endorse intoxicating the human body. They are still individuals who must contribute to our society.

>>73501799

I do not care. You do not presume to know what I care about, even though it is explicitly stated. You deny it without reason, even. No argument or explanation as to how you came to that conclusion.
>>
>>73501832
If you don't smoke it, and never will, it doesn't affect you. Try again.
>>
>>73501033

If you don't want to smoke it, just don't, let other people make their own choice rather than the government making it for them.
>>
File: 1364017221204.jpg (26 KB, 250x267) Image search: [Google]
1364017221204.jpg
26 KB, 250x267
>>73501695
>I truly believe that marijuana can make people docile and politically apathetic.

Exactly. The best part is both basic liberals and shitlibs love them some dank kush. The liberal hordes, once placated by the regular partaking of the herb, will no longer be able to stop us from enacting our agenda. The dindus will shiftlessly shuffle onto the tanker boats (filled with weed to keep them docile) that will take them back to their lands of origin. In the case of white libs, we can just let them rot in their parent's attics.

And thus all our problems are solved without have to put even one person in an oven. It's like the video said, we can totally agree with liberals for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>73502157

Others who smoke marijuana affect me. They are at my parks, smoking in my woods, and introducing dispensaries in my towns where children grow up.
>>
>>73501615
Uhh obviously I've broadened the argument. Didn't realize I needed to make that point kinda thought it would be self explanatory.
>>
>>73502367

I would rather the government refuse them this right. Some people do not make appropriate health decisions for themselves, unfortunately.

>>73502395
They can cram themselves on a small island, declare anarchy, and develop a commune. If they succeed, bless them, however I am uninterested in their prospects in the long run.
>>
>>73501615
Besides you missed the important part in which you no longer have to pay taxes for the government to try and abolish a product that isn't going anywhere until the earth dies.
>>
>>73502649

their health is not your decision to make. You can't force people to make healthy decisions. You can't live everyone's lives for them.
>>
>>73502126
>They are still individuals who must contribute to our society.
Why does an individual have to contribute? I mean I understand that mooching off society is certainly wrong but even assuming that marijuana usage required you to drop out of society (it doesn't) there is nothing wrong with just leaving society. If someone hates society they should have the right to wander off and live in the woods like a filthy hippie or hermit. I imagine plenty of people on /r9k/ would be happier as hermits living in the woods in a cozy cabin with an internet connection.
>>
>>73502819

No, but the government is capable of doing such and currently does so. One can not allow severe restrictions on prescriptive medication and support open access to marijuana.
>>
>>73503052
Apples and oranges, you can't even come close to trying to compare weed to let's say adderall.
>>
>>73503052

It shouldn't though, we're supposed to be in a country founded on the principle of liberty, not ruling with an iron fist.
>>
File: rps20160423_134601.jpg (204 KB, 587x1279) Image search: [Google]
rps20160423_134601.jpg
204 KB, 587x1279
>>73501033

And liberals don't care about free speech, don't use it, don't want it.

You now lost a right, dipshit....

...now, what did we learn?
>>
>smoking pot
>not what the government want

You are taking soma, read Brave New World. You are being sedated and made complacent.
>>
>>73501832
Yes and he said that it is in your own interest if you pay less taxes by other people paying it via weed
>>
>>73503262

also prohibition has not accomplished anything positive, all it has done is crowd jails and prisons with low level drug offenders and ruin people's chances at getting decent employment, which drives them to a life of crime.

It creates more problems than it "solves".
>>
>>73501092
its cauliflower dumbass
>>73501761
>legalization
everything? why not decriminalization of things like meth and 'ERON but legalization for lesser drugs?
>>
File: 1461340241784.jpg (239 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461340241784.jpg
239 KB, 800x800
I wonder who's paying for these? This exact same message pops up a few times a day now.
>>
You shouldn't be pro-weed. You should be anti drug war.

You may not smoke weed, but if weed was legalized there would be less illegals hopping the border, there would be less people in jails, less of tax payer money would go to pay for a drug war and jails, and it would create jobs.

Stop with the ''what's in it for me???'' attitude. This sort of mentality is why your rights are being taken away. I might as well say ''why do I need free speech? I don't benefit from it because I say only politically correct things''.
It does effect you, even if you think you aren't effected by these laws.
>>
>>73503356
Yeah 88 hours of (real) work last week
Could have hit 90 if I wasn't high for all of it
>>
>>73503554
>everything?
Yes. You should have the right to consume whatever you want. If you want to eat broken glass the government shouldn't be allowed to stop you, if you want to smoke crystal meth you should be fully allowed to.
>>
>>73503597
even boards that dont get spammed are starting too as well, no lie it really kicked in to gear right around the time moot gave his farewell address
>>73503674
this is the proper response to the subject
>>
Why do prohibitionists always think so selfishly?

Our right to smoke pot isn't the only reason why it should be legalized. In fact, the main argument I always use when people ask is the fact that marijuana prohibition is a destructive and ineffective policy. It doesn't work, it costs billions of dollars to enforce with nothing to show for it, but more importantly it ruins lives. People get arrested and go to jail for simple possession, and they have for decades. Considering the law doesn't even produce any tangible positive benefits for society, that is unacceptable.
>>
>>73502414
So you pretty much just admitted this isn't about a "I don't smoke, and an am apathetic towards the substance" to a "I think marijuana is potentially dangerous, and harmful to my community"

So you're not only inconsistent. You're incredibly fucking ignorant.

Gl sucking at life.
>>
>>73501243
A blunt releases 5 times as much cyanide as a cigaret
>>
>>73503729
true true, but by the same rights a state could rally the people together to make the drugs illegal. i think the current situation is most people dont give a shit about drugs enough to make them legal otherwise they would.
>>
>>73503767
Pieces of shit like chapo get screwed by legalization too. Fuck that fat fuck.
>>
File: 1421588968746.jpg (114 KB, 500x696) Image search: [Google]
1421588968746.jpg
114 KB, 500x696
>>73502414
So they smoke marijuana. None of that affects you.
You have liquor stores in your town. I know drunk driving has killed more people than a plant. You're not even upset about that. The CDC says more people die each year from seconds hand tobacco smoke, than gun deaths. Where's your outrage at that? Those things actually affect you, unlike this non argument.
Children can't get marijuana from a dispensary, that's a non argument.
>>
>>73503897
Do Germans still do a titty ton of drugs? I heard your country likes those pills
>>
>>73501033
So the American Spirit is to spit into the soup of interest groups just because you feel like it?
>>
It pulls in huge revenue for the state when they tax it right (39% in Colorado), so pot smokers that spend fucking $20,000 in weed tax every year will help the economy and could even lower tax.
>>
>>73504206
That's essentially what this whole thread is about.
>>
File: 1462747654762.jpg (170 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1462747654762.jpg
170 KB, 800x450
>>73503762

There's a huge effort in the mid-west backed by a billionaire who's name I can't remember to legalize because he stands to control the Central part of the country's weed business. I wonder where these messages keep coming from?
>>
>>73501033
You should still support legalization for selfish reasons anon. You are being taxed, or alternatively you will be taxed once you start making money, significant amounts of money on policies that just make the problem worse. That's why you should care.
>>
>>73501033
>That's the American spirit.

nah, the American spirit says if you feel the right to or do not feel the right to that is your choice,

Americans believe in small government and low expenses, restricting trade is expensive, monopolies are expensive, nobody has the right to tell you what medicine you should take or not take, that is your own decision and should remain so

if you allow pharma cunt to state that nobody should be allowed to use xyz as medicine you accept that eventually they're going to try and sell you oxygen for breathing, or they will outlaw oxygen and fine you if you are caught breathing

sick twisted fucks these people
>>
>>73504327
Thank you for clearing that up :^)
>>
>>73502414
>Others who smoke marijuana affect me. They are at my parks, smoking in my woods, and introducing dispensaries in my towns where children grow up.

yes and there were about as many under prohibition, I would advocate for huge fines for public smoking

someone snaps a photo of you smoking in public a fine hits your next paycheck, simple at that
>>
File: 1408583283472.png (49 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1408583283472.png
49 KB, 260x221
>>73504025
>muh children
>muh perfect society
>JUST
>>
>>73501033
>my right to smoke pot
I hate you
>>
>>73503052

I support open access to all medication, if people want to check out early taking too much medication shouldn't we encourage them?
>>
File: 1456374223989.png (244 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456374223989.png
244 KB, 500x375
>>73503897
[c.n.]
>>
Why legalize guns? I don't own a gun, therefore I will vote to ban guns.

Why legalize Nationalism? I am not a Nationalist. Round them all up and shoot them in the head.

I am OP and I am a faggot. Why should heterosexuality be legal? Force every guy to suck a dick, because I use as fuck am not going to fuck women.
>>
>>73504025
>people die by another factor
>so we should increase the fatalities of this other factor
>>
MJ will reawaken a spiritual and natural connection with people and the earth. Earth raping politicians dont want that
>>
>other people shouldn't be free to consume whatever plants they want because I don't want them to

literally "your rights end where my feelings begin"
>>
>>73501033
You don't have and don't need a right to smoke pot. The fact is that the government has no right to regulate it.
>>
As someone whose been smoking pot semi-regularly for about a decade and compulsively for about 4 years, and someone who has taken a lot of legal and illegal drugs, I feel comfortable saying that everything was more enjoyable when pot was illegal.

You paid more for it, it wasn't as quality, and every time you went to got it often involved some kind of sketchy adventure, frustration at shitty hook-ups, etc.

I remember how scared I was driving home from work one night with an ounce of pot and how fun it was to get home and smoke it.

Since medical and legalization in a few states the whole Western US is just like "YYEAHH 420 BRO"

And its not treated like liquor at all, its just like going to some hippie's shitty knick-knack store except you can also buy after showing an ID and being forced to make small talk to some hipster for 5 minutes.

Its just like any other drug including alcohol, they should all be legal.

If you convince people its magic medicine they'll believe it: it caused the opiate epidemics in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
>>
>>73501033
epic falseflag.

it's fine that you misrepresent the reasons why people want to keep pot illegal and circlejerk with other stoners about how bad prohibition is, just don't be surprised that when you get confronted with evidence and arguments you haven't seen before, you'll almost certainly revert back to shitpost quality talking points and look like an idiot,
>>
>>73504672
The scientists found that ammonia levels were 20 times higher in the marijuana smoke than in the tobacco smoke, while hydrogen cyanide, nitric oxide and certain aromatic amines occurred at levels 3-5 times higher in the marijuana smoke

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071217110328.htm
>>
You really stop caring about the libertardian view of the "war on drugs" once you actually do some drugs and realize they're not really that great.
>>
>>73502414
You sound like a Cruz voter
>>
>>73502649
>I would rather the government refuse them this right
Statist chucklecucks usually do. Does your father still look you in the eye or has he given up on you too?
>>
>>73505111

Nice trips. I thought you Germans were smart. So pot has 5 times the scurry chemicals as cigarettes eh?

Well the average smoker consumes about 6 to 12 grams of tobacco per day.

The average regular pot smoker consumes about 3 to 7 grams of marijuana per week.

You guys are supposed to be good at math, right? Run the numbers.
>>
>>73505862
>has 5 times the scurry chemicals as cigarettes eh?

thats a non issue, you could add or not add an unlimited amount of chemicals to either
>>
>>73501033
I say legalize weed. Stop throwing hard drug addicts in jail and instead throw them in trearment that heavily brainwashes them. Death penalty for people found selling these drugs.
>>
>>73501761
This. fuck stoners.
>>
>>73501033
>why should I care about gun rights, I don't own one
>why should I care about voting rights, I don't vote
>why should I care about where mentally disturbed people shit, I don't shit in public
>>
>>73506126

That's completely untrue. Most the chemicals he listed are natural bi-products of burning carbon-based materials.

Only black-market pot has anything added to it. Legal pot has been selectively-bred to be more potent, way different.

The only reason marijuana registers more chemicals than tobacco is due to the obvious. With tobacco you smoke dried leaves. With marijuana you're smoking a kind of flower filled with lots of neat biochemical factories.

Chemicals like ammonia and nitrogen compounds are essential to the survival of all life on earth because without them plants don't fucking work.

So yeah, when you smoke plants, you get nitrogen and ammonia species in your lungs.
>>
>>73503683
Blogging and shilling on the chinz is not a real job.
>>
>>73504386
>nobody has the right to tell you what medicine you should take or not take, that is your own decision and should remain so
i agree with you on all points except that, stop pretending you are taking medicine if you want to get high, the pharmacetical versions do not include taking fat ripz from the bong
>>
>>73506752
>That's completely untrue. Most the chemicals he listed are natural bi-products of burning carbon-based materials.
whoah its like inhaling plant material into your lungs isnt good for you, who could have known?!
>>
>>73503683
You fuckig retard, if you weren't stoned you might come up with a more productive way to make money than wage cucking.
>>
File: 151128.jpg (216 KB, 700x875) Image search: [Google]
151128.jpg
216 KB, 700x875
How about second hand intoxication?

I don't care if people smoke pot, but I don't want to...but if my downstairs neighbor was living on his bong. I don't want to smell that shit, or get a contact buzz.

NON-SMOKING apartment complexes need to be provided.
>>
>>73508244
the smell is a legit complaint , but now way you are getting contact high from a neighbor. non smoking apartment complexes do exist
>>
>>73508244
>or get a contact buzz.
that's a meme and you are an idiot
>see: placebo effect
>>
>>73507891

Yeah its pretty obvious, so why are you posting about it?
>>
I don't own guns, why should other people put my children in danger because they have a small penis?
>>
>>73508357
even the smell isn't really a complaint. what if your neighbor cooks all day every day with very pungent curry that wreaks up the whole place? is the owner supposed to kick the person out? should the cops arrest them?
there are ways to contain/control cannabis smells and there are ways to ignore it/ventilate your own space

either way it's called common decency between neighbors. don't like it? get rich and buy your own land instead of renting like a jackass
>>
>>73501033
Can you support it if it lessens the financial stress on your law enforcement agencies?
Can you vote for it if it provides much needed relief to medical conditions that otherwise cost you and your family dire taxing directed towards pharmaceutical firms?
>>Not understanding that you're never fully removed from any single social issue.

It's like you want us to think you're fucking rednecks..
>>
>>73508596
because the rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed bby :^)
>>
>>73501033
spot on about gun control
>>
>>73501033
>I vote for me, not for you.
That doesn't explain the last five American presidents unless the majority of Americans became millionaires and weapon sellers without anyone noticing.
>>73501832
>gets money from people who do drugs
>THIS IS NOT MY OWN INTEREST
Cool logic.
>>73504801
Yup. Wannabe cons go full SJW once drugs are concerned.
>>
>>73508669
>even the smell isn't really a complaint
yes it is. you can be unhappy about something that isn't against the rules.
>>
>>73508546
>science proves inhaling carbon based plants is bad for you
>weed is totally legit tho bro, its not the same at all its medicine!
>>
>>73508721
>lessens the financial stress on law enforcement
LE love pot being illegal
They get lots of money from it
>>
>>73507739
>stop pretending you are taking medicine if you want to get high, the pharmacetical versions do not include taking fat ripz from the bong

yeah but honestly who cares, if people want to take pain killers until they drop dead we should encourage that impulse, that was their choice and their freedom decided to kill themselves with deadly medicines, I don't care if they thought they had bad pain or whatever their stupid excuse for being a junkie degenerate was, if they want to take happy pills and die we should make stronger happy pills that do the job faster and no doctor or policy maker/gatekeeper should stand in the way of that decision
>>
File: Abraxasmenu.jpg (75 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Abraxasmenu.jpg
75 KB, 800x600
>>73508897

In the US perhaps, because you have this obscene system where law enforcement agencies get to keep any assets and money they seize (yeah, that totally won't lead to the wrong incentives, right? right.).. In this country anti drug enforcement costs hideous amounts of money, which is extra retarded because due to our 'gedoogbeleid' (srsly, check wiki, there is no easy explanation) police are unironically wasting their time rolling up plantations that grow a product that gets sold semi-legally in stores in this country..

That said I hope they don't legalise.. Legalisation will bring the cannabis industry under the full regulatory power of the government, and our government LOVES to over-regulate things.. The current system is more-or-less ideal for people like me: I go to a store to buy my weed, the establishment I buy at pays taxes and there is 0 risk that I'll ever be prosecuted for doing business with them. Their suppliers however, are criminals that operate wholely on the black market without regulations, meaning the government cannot regulate the potency of the cannabis I buy in stores.. Even though they would love to regulate our cannabis products to only contain a maximum of 15% THC.

Ideally we'd get a Colorado-tier system, but that's never going to happen.. Legalisation still hasn't happened due to 'international obligations', and if it ever DOES become legal it will likely mean we get to buy shit-tier government weed in prepackaged form, with 'SMOKING KILLS' stickers, and maximum amounts of THC, tar, CBD etc... Not to mention the taxes.
>>
>>73509059
>I don't care if they thought they had bad pain or whatever their stupid excuse for being a junkie degenerate was
okay i agree
>if they want to take happy pills and die we should make stronger happy pills that do the job faster and no doctor or policy maker/gatekeeper should stand in the way of that decision
nawh man nah, im not trying to encourage that kind of thing thats the message it would send
>>
>>73508834
>that isn't against the rules
welcome to the real world bby, there are other people you have to share it with
>>
>>73502157
Pot has affected me in a positive way. Ever since I started smoking I became less depressed, my grades went up, and I got a job.
>>
>>73502395
I'm right-leaning and smoke pot. It's a nice way to unwind after a long day, much like your grandfather's daily after-work beer. Everything in moderation, son.
>>
>>73504988
>things were better when illegal

You've clearly never had to buy from niggers. I'm in the south so I am usually stuck with dealing with them to get my weed. I could have a 45 minute conversation with that hipster in the weed store and still spend less time procuring my bud than I do when trying to track down lazy niggers to buy my weed.

That being said, legalization isn't that big of a deal for me, I just don't want to be fired from my job because I like to smoke weed instead of drink after work and on the weekends.
>>
>>73509547
what lesion do you think you think you are teaching me? no shit you have to deal with other people, you can still be bothered by stuff they do too.
>>
>>73509965
>you can still be bothered by stuff they do too
shitposting on a chinese imageboard hardly seems to be the way to go about it
>>
>>73508875
>weed is bad because the only means of consumption is burning
What.
>>
>>73503961
That's what the state did. Then the people changed their minds. The State hasn't yet, though.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's an invitation to do it.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.