[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>free will is an illusion >it's all chained neurochemical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 512x288
>free will is an illusion
>it's all chained neurochemical reactions within in the brain

How do you explain people who overcome addictions?>free will is an illusion
>it's all chained neurochemical reactions within in the brain

How do you explain people who overcome addictions?
>>
>>73474514
How does breaking out of addiction disprove your chained neurochemical reactions theory?
>>
File: basedmickey.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
basedmickey.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
>>73474514
>>
>>73474514
part of some peoples chains is the overcoming of addiction
>>
We have free will, only defeatists typical of 4chan claims free will is an illusion
>>
>>73475626

>free will is an illusion
>"free will" and "illusion" are concepts
>only the mind can interpret concepts
>free will and illusion are interpretations of the mind

So, unless all minds are the same, which they are not, we have no choice but to admit that we have as many forms of predeterminism as we do minds.
>>
>>73476790

anyone gonna BTFO this?
>>
>>73474514

I have been told to write that there exist a free will.
>>
>>73474729
Great job hat. I read ops post and came here to post this. Shit is 3deep5me.

Hope your house isn't on fire.
>>
You can only prove the lack of free will via chemical impulse in hindsight.
You cannot say for absolute certain what course of action will happen due to a lack of free will as a result of these impulses.
Since these are impulses are only able to be influenced and not controlled there is free will
>>
>>73475626
>cause and effect dont' exist in my mind because i'm special, just like all other humans
>>
>>73474514
An infinitesimal unit of time after the big bang, there was only inorganic matter in the universe that existed on scales too small to support consciousness. This matter behaved according to physical laws written into the fabric of the universe. They continued to do so until... when? How did matter magically go from purely deterministic trajectories to nondeterministic?
>>
self-preservation
>>
>>73474514
Neurochemical reactions???... cmon bro taking it a little too far, i choose weather to fap or not
>inb4 dur hur you made up your mind already
>>
>>73479051
You should not write anything.
Such act will prove existence of free will
>>
>>73480690

>from purely deterministic trajectories to deterministic?

Doesn't work. If any attempt is made to resolve the paradox of matter and consciousness given, the very attempt itself is a contradiction, for the action itself presumes the presence of a self-conscious .

> self-preservation

A consciousness must exist in order to be preserved. Self-preservation presumes consciousness. The question asks how consciousness come about in the first place.
>>
>>73481137

If there is no free will I have to simply write those things. I mean I have no choice 2bh rodzina
>>
>>73474514

Free will is not a illusion because the brain is random . Lets say you are hungry and you feel like having pizza there is a dozen of other food you could like but that time it is pizza , tommorow it could be taco fish what ever . .would your brain choose exaclly the same if you went back in time. no because the brain is random.

> ps You now breath manualy fuck free will this is my will
>>
>>73481631

if brain is random is science random?

one day 2+2=3, the other day it is 5 etc.
>>
>>73480033
I was about to do the same thing
>>
>>73483091
Math isn't science.
>>
>>73484712

yeah it is religion

t. arbitrary choice of axiom because muh feelings
>>
>>73483091

If you dont think you have free will use a dice , it is your free will to use this dice and choose from it

>one day 2+2=3, the other day it is 5 etc.

math is just what we decided it to be 2+2 could have been 5

now this dice i am pretty sure its rolled all the time in our heads so to speak
>>
>>73485735

> like Polan decides on anything
>>
>>73474514
Why starting the thread? You already answered your own question yourself.
>>
>>73488341

If he does not have a free will he cannot answer for himself. I mean he cannot choose. But then again why he asks if he know he cannot choose?

Maybe it is a free will at its finest: choose that there are no free will even if it exists.

Muh parallel universes. Are you from one of them Germanbro?
>>
>>73489866
You are talking weird, senpai.

I cannot pick sides if nobody defines the term fisthand. This thread seems useless up until now.
>>
>>73474514

you can do as you want
but you can't want what you want
>>
>>73474514
>lol you're all just chemicals in an animal body
>so give it to us and be communist
>>
>>73475626
This
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.