[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are normies so fucking stupid, /pol/? I have this friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 21
File: derp.jpg (45 KB, 334x406) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
45 KB, 334x406
Why are normies so fucking stupid, /pol/?

I have this friend I work with and for the first time, I mentioned I support trump. He calls him the usual, racist and homophobic. I ask for an example, just one. He can't give one, and gets irate. I ask him where he saw the thing that make him think that he's a racist, he says John Oliver and reddit. I drop the convo since he's getting visibly angry, and finish my shift and go home. He texted me on facebook and links me to the "proof" that he's racist. Kicking out a BLM protester, the thing in 1974 where he was sued for discriminating against blacks, just things that are easy to shut down and don't show him as being the definition of a racist. Then he brings up how he wants to put a stop on muslims entering the US. I tell him muslims aren't a race. He says "So?
Doesn't make it any less evil. You shouldn't discriminate that be it religion or race" I tell him theres nothing inherently wrong with discriminating, just as you don't want to be friends with certain people would be discriminating yourself.

So I go through the motions of why he wants a temporary ban and the history of islam and the current state of ISIS and all that good stuff, no response during my messages. After a bit he says pic related.

Like...I don't get it. I thought he was a smart guy? Despite all the facts laid out infront of him, he says nothing I can do will change his mind. I try to to let political things come inbetween friendships, and I never have, but...just someone being willfully ignorant like this just rubs me the wrong way. And since when the hell are conversations only suppose to be fun? Am I just overreacting?
>>
>>73439651
This is why you don't befriend leftists.
>>
you can't win with people like this... He will either grow up start paying taxes and observing how liberals act and become more conservative or remain an ignorant lib with a severe superiority complex
>>
>>73440051
Yeah...we had to walk on glass around him a lot too, he would get emotional and angry if he even thought you were attacking him personally, which we never were.
>>
>>73439651
>muslims aren't a race

Sorry then, I meant to say he's a bigot.

Seriously, this is the a retarded counter to the assertion that Trump is a racist.
>>
File: 195710_5_.jpg (35 KB, 290x308) Image search: [Google]
195710_5_.jpg
35 KB, 290x308
>>73440682
>defending the religion of explosions

kek. Some people just deserve to live under Sharia
>>
>>73440682
>Seriously, this is the a retarded counter to the assertion that Trump is a racist.

I asked him to show me something that he's done thats factually racist. Stopping muslim immigration isn't racist because muslims aren't a race.

It's called trying to move the goalposts, a standard tactic of the left. You can't just let that shit slide. If he wanted to assert that trump is a bigot, then he should say so.
>>
File: 639.jpg (37 KB, 627x663) Image search: [Google]
639.jpg
37 KB, 627x663
>>73440936
>>
File: 1430038066847.webm (3 MB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
1430038066847.webm
3 MB, 568x320
>>73440994
>the religion of rapist pedophiles
>>
Did you mention the fact that Obama temp banned Iranians from entering the country? Didn't hear too much moaning about that.
>>
File: 1452747835666.jpg (886 KB, 3024x2268) Image search: [Google]
1452747835666.jpg
886 KB, 3024x2268
>>73441082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcuWqw2tT8
>>
File: Globalcolourlarge.jpg (275 KB, 1755x1240) Image search: [Google]
Globalcolourlarge.jpg
275 KB, 1755x1240
>>73441202
>the religion of incest
>>
>>73439651
>not arguing with him in ebonics then linking him a video of nog protesters using the same language
>>
>>73441082

They're thoroughly inbred. 1500 years of cousin marriages probably does a number on you, the Arabs of the old were a smart bunch actually.
>>
>>73439651
>normies
Stick to your containment board >>>/r9k/
>>
>>73441257
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b91_1295193638
>>
>>73441162
>Did you mention the fact that Obama temp banned Iranians from entering the country? Didn't hear too much moaning about that.

I did! He didn't respond to it. I should have pressed him more on that. I guess it's only evil if trump does it.
>>
>>73441292
The totalitarian aspect of Islam reflects their faith in their ability to make their own decisions.
>>
>>73440972

It's only moving the goalposts if there's some major qualitative or quantitative difference. Bigot and racist are equally pejorative and people tend to use the same term interchangeably. The point being, you knew exactly what he meant, yet you decided to be a pedantic bitch instead.

>a standard tactic of the left

You watch too much Hannity.
>>
>>73439651
The better question is why do adults think it's acceptable to use retarded word like "normie"?
>>
File: 1338794842659401797.png (193 KB, 870x656) Image search: [Google]
1338794842659401797.png
193 KB, 870x656
>>73441292
The entire region has become retarded since Islam truly took over

also science and math have become a sin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occasionalism
>>
dont try to argue with them
>>
File: 1457790863259.jpg (180 KB, 649x836) Image search: [Google]
1457790863259.jpg
180 KB, 649x836
>>73441472
>Bigot and racist are equally pejorative

kek no
>>
>>73441550
Autism
>>
>bad mean evil man

Why even argue with buzzword spewing people like this.
>>
>>73440437
Hes not worth the effort then. If he gets uppity about other peoples thoughts and opinions, he can stew in his life of misery.
You have no obligation to please everyone around you
>>
>>73441472
Most if not all leftists are bigots.
>>
>>73441557
>The entire region has become retarded since Islam truly took over

Wow you are a retard of history.
>>
>>73441634
..fuck man.
>>
>>73440936
Those are only for their own countries. They totally respect the law in other countries where they are a minority.
>>
>>73441472
I don't know if you know this, but there are quite a few idiots out there who believe muslims are a race. Clarifying that muslims aren't a race isn't me being a smug asshole in a "GOTCHA" moment.
>>
>>73441634
>five years old
>doubting her virginity
>at five

When the cover story invented by the murderer makes his entire demographic look so much worse than simply stating he is a sick, sadistic fuck into murderous incest.
>>
File: sharia-for-the-UK.jpg (111 KB, 550x364) Image search: [Google]
sharia-for-the-UK.jpg
111 KB, 550x364
>>73441877
Nope

Once Asharites took over Islam became retarded as fuck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash'ari

>German orientalist Eduard Sachau blamed the theology of Ash'ari and its biggest defender, Ghazali, specifically for the decline of Islamic science starting in the tenth century,

see
>>73441082

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1nJC3lvFs

>>73441921
KEK
>>
That's why we need an economic calamity of some kind. Enoch Powell once said "It is very hard to move a man with a full stomach".

If we get that, then we get our voices heard.
>>
>>73439651
People aren't swayed by reason and facts, including everyone here on /pol/(though I think your average /pol/lack is open to it more than your average person and certainly more than your average SJW.)
>>
>>73442074
Muslims can't even fight wars anymore due to how shitty Islam is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZk4Yu42g0I
>>
>>73441840

You can justify that about anybody -- everybody has bigoted/racist thoughts sometimes. The *useful* definition of bigot is one that applies to those who think such thoughts are fundamentally good, moral, or should be implemented on their own merits.

By that definition, you should maybe rethink that ridiculous statement.
>>
>>73441921
Big Mo must be in the house. This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. "Those are only for their own countries. They totally respect the law in other countries where they are a minority.
"

There are more British muslims fighting for ISIS than enlisted in the UK Army (800 vs 600). Just to show how international the problem is, in Ottawa Ontario 61% of Muslims want to live under Sharia law in Canada.
>>
>>73442228
Leftists try to shut down trump rallies because they are intolerant of other opinions. Trump supporters don't shut down Bernie rallies.
>>
>>73441557
>Africa

kek
>>
>>73442228
>everybody has bigoted/racist thoughts sometimes

>sometimes

leftist pieces of shit like you want to kill all whites 100% of the time
>>
File: 1458926095682.png (27 KB, 1484x1116) Image search: [Google]
1458926095682.png
27 KB, 1484x1116
>>73442165

I'm swayed by reason and facts, I'd become a leftist overnight if there were enough data and proof to support their worldview. I find constantly asking myself whether I'm right or wrong with my own views and I'd love to know the absolute truth. I believe most of /pol/ shares the mentality.
>>
>>73442074

Very next fucking paragraph:

>Others, however, argue that the Ash'arites not only accepted scientific methods but even promoted them.

Did you honestly think I would just take your bullshit at its word? I actually read things and know history in a large enough context to know when to not take claims from some internet trash at face value.

And of course, if you want a real example of a religion that fucked up science upon adoption, try Christianity. (Of course that's based on a bunch of misconceptions and generalizations, but apparently that's what we're doing here anyway).
>>
>>73442368
>There are more British muslims fighting for ISIS than enlisted in the UK Army (800 vs 600). Just to show how international the problem is, in Ottawa Ontario 61% of Muslims want to live under Sharia law in Canada.
Lies and slander.

TINY MINORITY.

Haven't you even watched your government sanctioned news reports recently?

>>73442382
Is Bernie still going? Isn't he out at this point. He's lost to Hilary at most points, or barely outdone her.
>>
>>73439651
Did you mention that Obama stopped muslim immigration a while back? You should have.

They hate that kind of thing unless one of their own is doing it.
>>
>>73439651
thats why we have each other, Anon.
>>
>>73442421

Yup, you got me. RACE WAR NOW!
>>
>>73440936
So why should most muslims in Eastern Europe and central asia get treated the same way as what I'm assuming are Sunni muslims in other places?

I don't understand why you find it so flabbergasting that people are angry that Trump oversimplifies a large demographic. It's one thing to point out that liberals are wrong and that there are definite problems with the religion of Islam as it exists today based solely on beliefs that its adherents hold, but it's another thing to heavily imply that every single member of it is wrong in the head.

This is the exact reason why Obama chose to talk about ISIS as a tiny malignant part of Islam, it's a strategy to divide the muslims so they don't think they have any common ground with militants, salafists. There are many problems with this kind of strategy as tons of people don't realize just how many muslims believe in harsh things, but there's logic behind it and not just simply because Obama is black and is a secret Kenyan muslim.
>>
>>73442759
>I believe most of /pol/ shares the mentality.

If they did there would be no Global Warming deniers here (never mind AGW deniers, also being scientific consensus supported entirely by reason and facts).
>>
>>73443350
Obviously you haven't looked into the arguments against AGW. You also fell for the "Muh Consensus" argument, which if you actually looked up, isn't as big of a consensus. Certainly not even close to 97%

Shit if we just went off consensus without looking into things further we would all think that trump is a racist homophobic bigot, which is what you hear the vast majority of the time.
>>
>>73443350
So if most, not all, but most, people on /pol/ were "really" open-minded then absolutely everyone would agree with no room for discussion?
>>
>>73442881
>>73441162
>Obama temp banned Iranians from entering the country

At least I know the Trump Army won't be able to operate their communication equipment right.

Learn to internet. It was Jimmy Carter who banned Iranian nationals (not ethnic Iranians) from entering the U.S. (except for emergency/medical/asylum reasons) for the duration of the Hostage Crisis as a move to put additional pressure on Iran. Exactly 0.1 seconds of google. You're welcome.
>>
File: 1462418262567.jpg (166 KB, 857x1280) Image search: [Google]
1462418262567.jpg
166 KB, 857x1280
>>73439651
Kiss already you guys are gay as fuck
>>
>>73443769
>>73443820

The poster said their view would be swayed if there were enough data and facts to support the worldview. Global Warming (disregard AGW for now) is fact without controversy, according to the people who actually look at the data and facts (that is, people who work in and around climate and related sciences and engineering -- not faggots who get all their info in jpgs online).
>>
>>73443949
I never said anything about Iranians. Nice job lumping me in with another poster, though. Very open-minded of you.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/18/the-obama-administration-stopped-processing-iraq-refugee-requests-for-6-months-in-2011/

>>73444422
And there you go again lumping me together with some other poster. I never said that someone should or shouldn't believe in global warming, I only pointed out that your argument that if most people on /pol/ were open-minded then absolutely nobody would disagree on global warming not only completely ignores the meaning of the word "most" but also ignores the fact that open-minded people will look at sources on both sides of an argument.
>>
why does everyone think that the president needs to be a good person?

Natural born leaders are egotistical as fuck and are not people you would ever call nice

Alexander the great thought he was the son of Zeus

Andrew Jackson swore like a pirate and dueled hundreds of times

Jefferson called john adams a hermaphrodite in fucking 1800

Julius and Augustus both killed their rivals after using their power to achieve greater heights

Napoleon was an unbelievable prick to the people he hated
>>
>>73439651
>Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.
At least he admits it.

Even if you provided absolutely irrefutable proof that Trump was not only not a racist/sexist/rapist/pedophile/satinist, but also was 100% the best possible candidate, he wouldn't listen. He admits he just wants to stay ignorant. Let him. He's a lost cause.
>>
>>73439651
>Donald Trump is a bad mean evil man

trump is big meanie poo poo pants don't vote for him
>>
>>73439651
>the thing in 1974 where he was sued for discriminating against blacks
What is this about? Someone explain?
>>
>>73445087
That is probably the hardest thing about this type of conversation. I've been losing friends aplenty, both here and in the US, simply for asking them to back their statements up. One guy actually switched a blade on me despite me literally having saved his life before. I don't get what the fuck's in their heads.
>>
>>73442165
I'm waaay more open minded now as a right winger than I ever was as a leftist.

Every time I argue with someone online I always take their arguments into consideration and try to understand the path of reasoning(or the lack of reasoning)they have gone to come to the conclusion that their argument is correct.

I've never done that as a leftist.
>>
>>73444902
Kek, this. Texas History is a fun course because you learn how fucking maniacle our leaders were during and after the revolution.

Sam Houston used to carry around a cane. He didn't have a limp or injury, he just used it to beat the shit out of people who disagreed with him.
>>
>>73445824
I have a latina friend who went to an Ivy League school who used to be a conservative and she married a reddit liberal and now is just like any other petty reddit liberal and I argued with her on this topic, posting well thought out long rebuttals with facts and sources and she would respond with one or two sentence responses of "But he's mean" and said he insulted her as a woman and her heritage and I asked for specifics the conversation ended.

Guys what the fuck is going on here? As German bro is showing this is a world wide phenomenon of stupidity.
>>
>>73444422
Of course Global warming is a fact. Nobody fucking refutes that, it's a moot point. Global warming and global cooling has been going on since the earth existed, that's NOT what people talk about when discussing climate change.
>>
File: moonnigger.png (124 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
moonnigger.png
124 KB, 320x240
>>73439651
send him this song

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/lets-make-america-great-again
>>
>>73439651
tell him he can't say anything about Trump until he watches Stefan Molyneux's Untruth about Donald Trump videos and his rebuttal to current year man's drumpf segments
>>
I feel your pain, OP. Same thing happened with me except it was a black guy who was told by some nigger Facebook page that Trump's main policy issue is shipping black people back to Africa (although he couldn't show me any proof). I don't get it, he's a reasonably intelligent dude. Firm capitalist, married to the mother of his children, gun enthusiast, yet he's a Hillary supporter. It boggles the mind
>>
>>73446139
I mean I know we talk about cultural subversion and brainwashing and all that a lot on here but having grown people who vote act like nine-year-olds is just so surreal.
>>
>>73439651
This shit is sad.

Do you think you're presenting new information to anyone, OP?

Your points and arguments are tired, and no one owes it to you to address them.

If you want to see them defeated and understand why no one cares when your parrot them, get out of the echo chamber of /pol/. Stop circle-jerking over the same info graphics.

Instead you crawl back to your hug-box/safe-space, to sperg about "normies."
>>
>>73446438
Thanks. I sent him a link to the john Oliver one since hes more likely to watch that.
>>
>>73444851
>I never said anything about Iranians.

Ok fine, then you weren't confusing something else when you said Obama stopped Muslim immigration, you were just being plain ol' retarded.

>open-minded people will look at sources on both sides of an argument.

"The sun is currently up" is either true or not. No matter how open-minded you are, you don't have to look at "both sides". Now if you accept observational fact, mathematics, statistics, and the hundreds of years of foundational science that has endured without failure, and then you study all the data and run the numbers, you come up with an incontrovertible yes/no fact that there is a long-term global warming trend over the past hundred years. It's not an argument, there are not "both sides", and claiming an open mind does not entitle you to question reality.

Though considering your claim that Obama banned Muslim immigration, you probably don't have a very trusting relationship with reality anyway.
>>
>>73446267
>Nobody fucking refutes that

In America they do. Fox News does it all the time. So do some in Congress. It's sad.
>>
>>73447286
>
"The sun is currently up" is either true or not. No matter how open-minded you are, you don't have to look at "both sides". Now if you accept observational fact, mathematics, statistics, and the hundreds of years of foundational science that has endured without failure, and then you study all the data and run the numbers, you come up with an incontrovertible yes/no fact that there is a long-term global warming trend over the past hundred years. It's not an argument, there are not "both sides", and claiming an open mind does not entitle you to question reality.

You're pants on head retarded if you think the argument about global warming right now is only related to there being a warming trend. The argument only has to do with are we contributing to it, and if so, by how much.
>>
>>73447475
Liberals aren't arguing climate change you dumb fuck they are arguing if men have something to do with it
>>
>>73446438
>until he watches Stefan Molyneux

And you wonder why you keep losing friends.
>>
>I had sex with a woman last Saturday (yeah I know its degenerate, I regret it. I was weak).
>Have sex
>Start yarning after sex
>Turns out we've both watched a lot of the same anime
>Both like to play games from time to time
>Politics come up
>"I'm a Trump supporter" - her eyes go wide
>Shes a Bernie supporter, but hates Hillary.
>Goes on asking how I can support Trump (After basically sucking his dick on being a good business man)
>We hit each topic (gays/trannys), Mexicans and how hes racist
>Dismantle each one, but while dismantling the Mexican one
>She starts biting my chest and playing with my dick again
>Point out how its cheating to stop me talking by getting sexual
>Fuck her again
>Start talking about Muslims
>Her friend calls to check on her, she points out im a trump supporter
>Start chanting Trump 2016 on the phone
>Offer to walk her home, she brings up rapists
>tell her rape culture is bullshit, everyone in uni hates rapists and rape rates have gone down for decades
>Her friend offers to pick her up
>I think this is a great idea, shes mad i dont want to walk her home and lend her my hoodie
>As shes leaving, I wave her goodbye while chanting Trump like an autist
>Jump the fence to neighbors house and talk politics with heavy left leaning neighbor, left leaning american guy, moderate neighbor who appreciates Trump
>Female neighbor walks in when talking about gays
>Asks my thoughts on Gays
>Be honest that I don't support homosexual activity
>She gets butthurt and calls me an idiot and storms off
>Go on debating left-leaning american, hes off on a fucking tangent
>Eventually just goes silent when discussing Trump and the wall after 20 mins discussion
>Can't retort back, so we move discussion off politics and he leaves

All in all, I know I can't convert the lefties. But atleast I can have fun and I'm winning this moderate over to the red pill side. Since he just observes the discussions and sees he stupidity when I point it out.
>>
>>73447475
I think you're mistaken about the context they are talking in.

When Im talking about GW, I say "I don't believe in GW". I say that under the assumption that people know that Im specifically talking about the impact that we have on it, not as a standalone phrase where I don't believe we're experiencing warmer temperatures gradually over the past 100 years.
>>
Critical thinking, unfortunately, seems to be an uncommon skill.
>>
>>73447574

Well since the data and analysis are pretty conclusive that it's anthropogenic, any remaining "arguments" should be scientific and not political (and especially not with internet amateurs), but conservatives in the U.S. can't even agree on whether or not to accept if climate change is actually occurring -- that's why you see congressmen showing off snowballs on TV on the House floor.
>>
>>73439651
You don't talk politics when around liberals.

Or better yet, you don't befriend obvious liberals with bigoted leftist views.
>>
>>73447960
Sorry but it's not as conclusive as you think it is. Like all the computer model projections up to this date have been wrong. There has been no net warming for the past 18 years according to satellite data in the (I believe) Upper Troposphere, when the head of the IPCC says that's where we should be looking to get the best picture of the impact of AWG. Of course you won't read things like this on the news or papers. You have to actively look for it.
>>
>>73447589
Damn you sound like a grand theft auto/ sims trump supporter
>>
>>73448351
Why is that?
>>
>>73447960
What data can you show me fake bored liberal /pol/ troll? I need to work on my anti liberal talking points banter so i'll feed you?
>>
>>73439651
oh look at you venting off at 4chan

im sure your story went exactly as you described it. all mighty and always one step ahead of your friend! r-right?
>>
>>73448669
You act like this kind of confrontation is unlikely. Have you seen youtube videos with protestors at rallies? They pretty much follow a step by step process. First they shout hes racist, then the trump fans ask how, then the libs give a shitty untrue example, the trump supporter corrects him, the lib moves to another buzzword against trump etc. etc. until the lib gets buttflustered and goes away to repeat everything he was proven wrong on to some other poor sap who has to listen to his drivel.

It's all the same shit with these kinds of interactions.
>>
>>73447589
do Australians really debate about American politics among themselves? It seems pretty surreal desu.
>>
>>73449058
>>73447589
Sorry I just glanced at your flag and thought you were an aussie, didn't see the red stars until just after I made that post.
>>
File: Predict vs Measure.png (108 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Predict vs Measure.png
108 KB, 1440x1080
>>73443350
Damn you're funny.
>>
File: NASA 2001vs 2016.gif (67 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
NASA 2001vs 2016.gif
67 KB, 720x576
>>73443350
Did you know that they took the word "gullible" out of the dictionary?
>>
>>73448337
>no net warming for the past 18 years

So you're arguing against GW altogether now, because I thought you were only skeptical of AGW?

Anyway, whenever the "no net warming for the past X years" appears, all you have to do is look at EITHER the past X+1 years OR X-1 years because of how the statistics were done. That's why X is never a nice round number.

Regardless, larger contexts matter more, not any one particular statistic. Let's say global average temperatures stayed roughly static or even decreased significantly for a decade. Does that mean the mountain of facts gets thrown out? No, it just means new data to refine the models (the best of which aren't fine-grained enough for a decade of data to be absolutely predictable anyway)

>>73447656
The reporting of U.S. news you get in Canada is inadequate then. Fox News and some congressmen will literally go on air during a bad snowstorm and cite it as evidence that GW is a sham.
>>
>>73449058
>>73449157
>do Australians really debate about American politics among themselves?
New Zealand politics is pretty damn boring. A lot of people are interested in USA politics. The majority are just Bernie Uni students. And the majority don't know shit about any policies or the like. But there are a few people that know their shit and are possible to hold discussions with. I seem to find a lot of these people. Trump supporters are few and between but when you do find them they know their shit most of the time.

Still haven't met a Hillary supporter, though I'm sure women may have this view. But most women hate politics since its so argumentative.
>>
>>73439651
goddamn OP, dont you know that feelz are more important than realz
>>
>>73440994

>that picture

>pew research

at least provide a source that's not controlled by zionist kikes
>>
>>73441472
>Bigot and racist are equally pejorative and people tend to use the same term interchangeably.
People tending to be retards who haven't opened a dictionary in 15 years doesn't excuse their inability to use language accurately.
>>
>>73443350
Prove it is:

A: happening (which I don't doubt).

B: can be directly linked to human actions like burning fossil fuels

C: post specifics, how the parts the humans are doing is actually significant. Like what percent is our fault.

D: post specifics, about just how fast "climate is changing" since "global warming" is no longer the meme term. I want real statistics like "we are getting X warmer every year and I will have to worry about it in Y years becuase Z happened and is devastating"

E: post specifics, about just why I should give two fucks if hipsters faggots have to move their shitty cities 2 miles inland while I pay for retarded infrastructure that would probably cost more

F: if all of that is all real and shit, why I would care if it's as tragic as the lefty faggots think, when they're all just destroying our countries and children's futures with mass immigration of mudslimes and taconiggers and increased socialism to support these subhumans

G: Explain how wind turbines that are complete and utter shit, cost more fossil fuels to build and transport and assemble and shit than they save over their liftime and only work in wind, but not too much wind so you have to use tradition power sources anyway, how solar isn't complete shit that get ruined by dust, only works during the day, without clouds or fog or any retard with an umbrella is within 20 miles

H: Explain why we should be pouring billions of my taxpayer money into this when it is proven the private sector is many times more efficient than any government grant program or research fund. If a company makes and patents the next big innovation in energy, they will quite literally become one of the biggest companies in existence
>>
>>73439651
I know this feel fampei. My best friend from college says he will never vote for trump (he was a normie Cruzmissile). In fact he says he would rather vote for Hillary in spite of him; Bernie because he seems like a nice guy or libertarian because at least their politics are in line with him (odd considering his mentioning of the first two). Sadly this is a friend who said he was too busy with finals to go to a local Muster but had time to go to a wedding in Florida.

I don't know what to do /pol/. I have a lot of black, Hispanic, and women friends. They all know that I am frank and a bit crude (they really appreciate the honesty and tell it how it is approach) but I know most of them would think that I'm butchering their puppy if I come out MAGA. I'll do it anyways when I see my college friends from A&M this week but never on normiebook because you can never delete what gets posted on the internet.

I pray that my red MAGA comes in time even though I ordered it on Tuesday.
>>
>>73441257
>>73441323
I'm glad that others are starting to spread this shit around. I've been posting that Bittles pic around for a while now, and I'm happy that others are posting it.

There is a reason that part of the world will never be "fixed."
>>
>>73441611
Holy fucking RARE
>>
>>73441611
Where the fuck are you from exactly? I've never heard of it.
>>
>>73448669
See>>73449020
>>
File: serveimage.png (234 KB, 1179x608) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
234 KB, 1179x608
>>73441611
Yo, so if one of your boats to NZ breaks down, does everyone just die on the island? Looks like you've got around 1500 inhabitants between the 3 atolls that make up Tokelau.
>>
>>73446614
I think it's really bad cognitive dissonance. We all know that something is very, very wrong with the world right now, and while some people like to see what is wrong with the world so that they may either fix it or prepare for whatever is coming, others retreat into their own little fantasy bubble world because they cannot cope with the idea that the world is changing, and not for the better. IMO, that kind of cognitive dissonance partially explains even SJWs.
>>
>>73448455

The evidence for AGW is based on a combination of meteorological, geological, historical, experimental, etc. etc. data from hundreds of locations around the world that have to be meticulously analyzed for anomalies and confounding factors, then rehashed statistically and reanalyzed, and only after this process is repeated in context does the picture of AGW emerge clearly.

If we play the "I post one graph I found online, then you post one graph, etc." game, every single one will be criticized and shot down, because one will not give a complete picture, nor will ten.

It's at that point that you have to trust the people who spend years researching this shit with the professional background and context needed to understand it. And if you're too stuck up your own ass to think that hundreds of people professionally doing exactly this have less context than you and your youtube videos then that's pretty sad.
>>
File: lysenko.jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
lysenko.jpg
6 KB, 183x275
>>73451586
>It's at that point that you have to trust the people who spend years researching this shit with the professional background and context
> I trust FedGov paid scientists helping FedGov get $Billions in carbon taxes

Seriously, the system is highly corrupted. Any government paid scientist who publicly denies climate change will be defunded, probably fired (unless they're tenured). This is America's version of Lysenkoism.

Also keep in mind that very few of these "scientists" research whether or not climate change is "true." They just build models and/or research the effects of a warming world. Almost no one disputes that its warmed over the past 50 years or so. The real question is how much is anthropogenic. And if a model fails the model is blamed, not the basic theory. >>73449309
>>
>>73440051
This kind of sucks because it basically boils down to two choices for me:

>Have no friends
>Keep my powerlevel to myself, which also means always being disengaged from conversation

It doubly sucks because I'm easily twice as successful as the next most successful couple (couple, not individual) in my social circle, and they all probably think it's because muh white male privileged or luck.
>>
>>73452863

Right, and this was true for the entire past 50 years of climate research as AGW was being realized. So at no point was it ever actually established with a mounting base of evidence and data -- it was just an "on" switch that was flipped that told everyone "Now we'll all agree that humans cause Global Warming, got it?"

And of course we all know how corruptible scientists are, and how much they love that sweet sweet government science money that affords the well-known scientist's lifestyle of Ferraris, helicopters, and mansions.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.