[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was diversity such a popular meme back in the 90s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: file_170143_0_planeteers.jpg (31 KB, 442x364) Image search: [Google]
file_170143_0_planeteers.jpg
31 KB, 442x364
Why was diversity such a popular meme back in the 90s?
>>
>>73438660
It was there but it didn't feel shoved in my face
>>
WEEND!
>>
>>73438660
From a media point of view it makes sense. If you have a white person, a chinaman, a negro and a mexican in your show then white people, chinamen, negroes and mexicans will all watch it.
>>
>>73438660

The chink is still pretty hot desu senpai
>>
Because it wasn't forced
>>
>>73438915
So what you're saying basically is, it was never about diversity, it was always about the all mighty $$$.

This is how I see it. Diversity wouldn't even be a thing if the politicians weren't all about the cash and the power.
>>
All the 90s textbooks had one wheelchair person
>>
>>73439347
hahaha I remember this shit
>>
Because it was viable back then, and minority meant <15% and it wasn't a big issue.
>>
Why does diversity bullshit in older media from the 80s and 90s feel so much less forced and in your face than the diversity bullshit we have now? What they do differently back then?
>>
File: 1407389991496.jpg (59 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1407389991496.jpg
59 KB, 640x560
>back in the 90s
>>
>>73439681
*What did they

fug
>>
>>73438660
Because diversity has been a large net positive to every society that has embraced it so far. There have been literally no counter-examples in recorded human history.
>>
It was literally "Captain Planet" and the people were taken from all over the world. If it were now the Indian guy would have an English accent, The Black guy would be the typical American, The White guy would be a sex-tourist from Asia, and then you'd probably have another Black because T.V fucking loves Blacks.
>>
>>73438915
>Mexica

He was indian.
>>
>>73439681
you were a kid back then

that's all that's changed
>>
>>73439856
DELETE THIS
>>
>>73438660
Because it's an accurate depiction of our demographics
>>
File: are you serious nigga.png (158 KB, 374x256) Image search: [Google]
are you serious nigga.png
158 KB, 374x256
>>73439856
Roman empire
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.