[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes a family?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
>Inb4 a fucking leaf
>Inb4 dude weed lmao
>Inb4 kys

Is it trust? Genes? Just any group of people that you enjoy spending time with?

I don't really get along with my birth parents or siblings, I mean, I love them, but I don't desire to spend time with them, or trust them with any of my thoughts/emotions. The repeated disrespect from my parents/siblings throughout childhood/early adulthood was very disheartening for me because I used to be so earnest and open with them. There's also a lot of toxic shame in my family, growing up very conservative Christian. I'm tired of trying to fit in with them /pol/, I keep getting told that family is the most important thing, but I always leave family events frustrated, upset, or just bitter.
>Inb4 kys autist

Partially due to this, (not the main reason) I don't want kids of my own, but would love to help financially support a good family to raise new /pol/acks. I like the idea of being a rich uncle/benefactor more than the idea of buying into the marriage meme. Could these people become my adopted family?
>>
>A
>fucking
>leaf
>>
Kill yourself faggot
>>
DUDE
>>
>>73420151
U mad burger?
>>
>>73419554
My family consists of my girlfriend, my dog, my wife, and my daughter.
>>
i think family dynamics are different in north america than other places, it depends what you grow up with. i'm a slav immigrant, for me i think of my family as my closest friends too. they are both people i know will support me as expected of family (eg. i have an emergency, they will come for me, i need a place to stay, i can always stay with them, i am in deep trouble they will help me etc). but also people i enjoy socializing regularly with like i would with friends.

i noticed for north americans born here, they tout all this "family first" rhetoric but it doesn't really follow with their actions. they are not emotionally close like friends would be, their interactions are fairly shallow, they don't know much about each other, and though they will help out in times of trouble it's seen more as an obligation. buy a house, car, birth some kids...but they're 18 now they can fuck off i did my procreative duty already?
>>
Shit sounds similar to my situation. You just have to stay the fuck away from them unless it's an actual holiday.

I really want to get along with my dad before he dies, just want to go fishing or hunting like we did when I was a kid. The guy is a fucking retard though, he's popping like 5 happy pills a day.

If I were you op I would move to another city and forget them.
>>
>>73423013
Hard to be close to your family when most of them are autistic and on pills. And yes I was kicked out onto the street at 18ish aswell. But my older brother stayed with my family until he was almost 30 just because he had "a bad breakup".
>>
>>73419554
Why do you love them?

My family is abusive as shit and the most emotion I can feel for them is moderate contempt.

Just cut 'em off. Forget people in general and turn to things that won't disappoint and drain you, like books or music or whatever.
>>
>>73423749
i guess that means you have shit parents, i'm sorry anon. i can't imagine what kinda parents would kick you out when you don't have means (or even if you do have means but don't want to lol), or more in general people you couldn't come to with any problem. blame north american culture
>>
>>73419554
I get along with my family just fine, but they don't know the real me. Nobody does really, I tried to tell them but they met me with suspicion and hostility. And if I can't tell family of my own internal struggles, who can I tell?

I just learned to keep a lid on it, put a smile on my face and let them see what they wish to see. It's easier that way for both parties. I suggest you do the same.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
Jesus Christ, you guys. Join a support group, see a therapist, or something. What are you doing talking about this on /pol/. Hotpockets pls delete this gay apolitical hug box thread.
>>
>>73420745
>U mad

Why do canadians always use cringeworthy outdated memes?
>>
Please fucking kill yourself OP. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT!!!!!!
>>
CANADA IS FUCKED, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BOOMERS TO DIE. TOO BAD THEY WILL REPLACE THEM WITH SHITLOADS OF NIGGERS.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.