[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got a job in construction but quickly realized I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Just got a job in construction but quickly realized I'm afraid of heights. Wat do?
>>
Overcome your fear or get a new job
>>
>>73413074

This.

Fellow Construction worker here.
>>
Become Ben Shapiro.
>>
a valium with breakfast, just one tho
>>
>>73412925
I had to get over it because I liked my job and the money is good 'up there'. I've been climbing ladders and scaffolding for almost 30 years. It used to scare the shit out of me, too. Try not to look down.

You'll get used to it anon. Just understand all of the equipment involved and be determined to trust it.
>>
>>73412925
Start building at the bottom, and as the building gets taller, you slowly acclimate one floor at a time.

Before you know it, you're eating lunch on the 60th floor.
>>
File: 1448321578672-1.png (3 MB, 1504x1215) Image search: [Google]
1448321578672-1.png
3 MB, 1504x1215
Architectural Engineer here.
Swing stages 30 stories up to inspect skin.
Ladders on outside of scaffolds 100' up no rope grab.
Learn to deal with it like the Mexicans.
>>
How do I get good at climbing?
inb4 climb
>>
Fucking jump
>>
File: sherry-haley-rolls-royce-bi.jpg (444 KB, 945x1399) Image search: [Google]
sherry-haley-rolls-royce-bi.jpg
444 KB, 945x1399
>>73414402
In construction, not much other than climbing ladders. Maybe you want to repel? Buy the gear and take a course at the rock climbing place, you can make mega bucks doing emergency inspections repelling.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.