[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Schutzstaffel Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Schutzstaffel.jpg (8 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
Schutzstaffel.jpg
8 KB, 265x190
So let's have a thread not about Trump for a chance. Lets talk about the Schutzstaffel or SS. We will discuss their policy, requirements, rules, actions, if they were moral or amoral, what exactly were they, were they efficient or not, facts about them, etc.

This seems like a very /pol/ish topic, so lets have one.
>>
>>73405686
Oh and BTW please don't spam this thread with Nazi anime, it would be appreciated.
>>
File: gx82618.jpg (41 KB, 566x448) Image search: [Google]
gx82618.jpg
41 KB, 566x448
The SS role changed a lot over the years so keep that in mind. There were also several branches of the SS such as the
>Allgemeine
>Waffen
>Totenkopfverbaende
>RSHA (SD and Gestapo)
etc

So just talking about "The SS" really isn't specific enough for the most part.
>>
>>73406434
What's the difference between them?
>>
>>73406434
Were they like the secret police?
>>
>>73405686
>>73405755
>>73406434
>>73406570
>>73406840
Oh my God this thread isn't getting anywhere because someone is samefagging
>>
>>73407049
Honestly like fuck samefaggers your the reason my thread isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>73407217
Hate samefaggers
>>
File: 2259931190089413999pgpbwn_fs.jpg (120 KB, 929x599) Image search: [Google]
2259931190089413999pgpbwn_fs.jpg
120 KB, 929x599
>>73407049
>>73407217
You know there are ID's that let us know you're talking to yourself, right?

>>73406570
>>73406840

>Allgemeine
Largely administrative and honorary
>Waffen
the military wing that fought at the front
>Totenkopfverbaende
in charge of Concentration camps
>RSHA (SD and Gestapo)
State security (secret police)
>>
>>73407533
So the SS was huge. It wasn't some secret elite organization? It was just for everyone who wanted to fight?
>>
>>73407533
Also how do you know all this stuff? You seem really smart in this area.
>>
>>73407649
No, for most of it history, until the last few months of the war, it was a pretty elite organization. I've read accounts of guys joining the W-SS between 1940-42 saying they would show up for the initial examinations for recruitment and out of 100 men maybe 10 would get in to go on to training and the rest would have to join the Wehrmacht.
Later in the war though (late 44 onwards) recruitments became more laxed as the casualty rates were skyrocketing for all branches, including the Waffen SS.
>>
>>73408186
But didn't you say the Waffen was part of the SS? I always thought the Waffen wasn't elite, in fact people were drafted to join the Waffen? Or am I thinking of the Wehremacht? But what did the Waffen do on the front lines? What type of elite work would be done there.
>>
File: ZF2iVYz.jpg (456 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
ZF2iVYz.jpg
456 KB, 1200x650
>>73408446
Waffen SS was obviously part of the SS.
Waffen-SS started drafting in 1943 I believe, but even then you still had to pass the criteria and most draftees were turned away to the Wehrmacht. The Waffen-SS got first pick.
The Waffen SS did the same thing on the front lines as Wehrmacht did except they were often used to fill in gaps at the front where other Wehrmacht units had either failed or been wiped out. They were often picked to hold the most difficult points in a sector, and due to this, their casualty rate was very high.

By 1941 they were highly trained and considered some of the best troops at the front, on top of being politically indoctrinated and motivated.
>>
>>73410040
What were the requirements? Did you have to be blond hair blue eyed?
>>
>>73410504
The requirments changed overtime.
Before 1938, you had be be at least 5'11'', no fillings in the teeth, no glasses
But that's when the SS was still a small organization, once war broke out, and the Waffen-SS expanded, requirements like these were dropped.
Hair and eye color had nothing to do with it.

>No Jewish blood back to the 1800's (further back for officers)
>Excellent physical shape
>Excellent mental abilities
>politically motivated

It wasn't so much there were strict requirements, as it was they'd bring in 100 guys at a time, examine them, and choose the best 10 or so out of the group.
>>
>>73411170
May I ask why no fillings? And why'd you have to be that tall? Also what were the tests they did to determine your physical and mental abilities?
>>
>>73411951
>May I ask why no fillings?
Because they wanted men with good teeth
>why'd you have to be that tall?
Aesthetics, and because being tall is an Aryan trait
>>
>>73412140
>because they wanted men with good teeth
A few questions for that. Why did they care about good teeth? It was the military. Also did people even need fillings back then considering they didn't eat much sugar

>Aesthetics
How does height impact aesthetics

>being tall is an Aryan trait
Isn't it blond hair blue eyes?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.