[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was HE created?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: pepe.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
When did this guy become popular?Any oldfag around here that could shed some light on the history OF MEMETICS of 4chink?

pic related
>>
It came from an old webcomic, and it had pepe in a toilet or some shit and he was sad, and I'm fairly certain that's where the line feelsbadman comes from. People just started making images from there.
>>
>>73398753

It got adopted as a major maymay die to the fact that the regular memes were already used by mainstream Outlets.

So they started using wojak and pepe instead, this was around 2 years ago but only 2 year ago really took off with people.creating a lot of rare pepes and adding more context behind it (rare pepe crash)

It might also be because it is representing the deity KEK which is reincarnated as a metaphysical being made flesh through the usage of Pepes on imageboards.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 640x640
>>73398753
Actually he's a shitty copy of the original dat boi meme.
Trolls put false info on knowyourmeme so don't listen
>>
>>73399573
oh my...
>>
>>73399687
>meme
>>
>>73398905
No, the original pepe meme was "feels good man" where he was actually happy. Its from some furfag diaper fetish comic and once of the characters asked pepe why he pulls his pants all the way down to pee.
Then in around 2011 or so people started posting the sad version of pepe from a scene where he looks depressed. A lot of people forgot the "feels good man" meme and started calling him "sad frog"
Then in 2014 or so all of the smug pepes and rare pepes started emerging.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_the_Frog

woah i never realized he had a wiki page now
>>
>>73399950
>answering the question straight
y u do dis
>>
File: 1462011287351.jpg (21 KB, 248x189) Image search: [Google]
1462011287351.jpg
21 KB, 248x189
>>73400005

>this is actually a real wikipedia page
>>
>>73398753
newfags please go
>>
wait

what if meme magic is because we all identify so heavily with pepe and he's like a conjured god
>>
File: 1452795503271.jpg (35 KB, 323x282) Image search: [Google]
1452795503271.jpg
35 KB, 323x282
The origins of smug
>>
File: HE APPROACHES.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
HE APPROACHES.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>73398753
>When was HE created?
>>
>>73398753
it's based on ancient Egypt legend

the Egyptians may have adopted it so maybe at least 30,000 years old
>>
>>73399687
Why has no one made a kike version yet?
>here come dat goy!
>oh shit what on sale
>>
>>73400225
i got some years under the belt on 4chan but never wondered where did HE come from
>>73400435
sorry i'm pretty dense so you'll have to explain
>>
Rumor has it that there was some kind of shitposter clique on IRC or Steam or something who made most of the pepe OC. They just looked for new ways to shitpost and somehow made him their unofficial mascot. When people took their meme and started spreading it to normie places, they became indignant and made all the scat stuff to stop normies from ruining pepe.
>>
>>73399573
This but there are some extra notes I'll add

I'm not a really old fag but I remember r9k and new being shut down. Which I think was 2011 and I was on r9k for awhile at that point

There used to be threads full of stuff like bachelor frog, that happy dog with rainbow background, some other ones but my memory is really bad.

When memes took off a few years ago in other sites, 4chan hated it and started posting more textless images with greentext. tfw was from krautchan. And then memes got kinda of cringey, now it feels like 4chan ironically embraces pepe and spams him to be annoying.

He's more of a weapon to accelerate greentext. Those old memes like bachelor frog had images and text on them were more about trying to get people to relate to the image, or laugh about it.

Kek and shit like that is raw navel gazing done for pure absurd irony
>>
>>73400657

>he doesn't know the HE meme

jesus did you just get here yesterday lurk moar
>>
>>73398753
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pepe-the-frog
>>
>>73401157

>linking to knowyourmeme unironically

pls take OP with you and leave
>>
>>73401157
i would feel like a redditor going to these kind of sites
>>
Random Pepe-san is random, I guess.
>>
>>73400005
>Notable uses
>Donald Trump

Meme magic.
>>
>>73401157
They only get half the truth :(
>>
>>73400435
he has no style
he has no grace
>>
>>73401703
>>>/b/
>>
"My Pepe philosophy is simple: 'Feels good man.' It is based on the meaning of the word Pepe: 'To go Pepe.' I find complete joy in physically, emotionally, and spiritually serving Pepe and his friends through comics. Each comic is sacred, and the compassion of my readers transcends any differences, the pain, and fear of 'feeling good.'"
>>
>>73401157
if you're going to spoil the mystery at least do it correctly

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Feels_good_man
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.