[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UA3358 (NY to Buffalo) squawking an emergency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
https://www.flightradar24.com/UAL3358/9a6576c

Scheduled to land at 11:43 EDT
>>
Oy vey
>>
i could go for a good juicy bison burger right now
>>
Monitoring
>>
>>73396743
Maybe another Italian intellectual is doing algebra problems in his seat
>>
>>73396743

https://twitter.com/flight_info0/status/729329108082118656
>>
>>73397177
UAL #UA3358 to Buffalo is Squawking #7700 declaring general emergency

checked
>>
>>73397296
don't check your own dubs you meme loving fuck
>>
>>73396743
Happening?
>>
>>73397394
he's checking 7700 you retard
>>
>>73397404
We'll find out soon.

Landing imminent
>>
>>73397404
Probably not
https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/squawking-7700-in-flight-emergencies-from-a-pilots-perspective/
>>
File: CCCP has best play.gif (1002 KB, 382x221) Image search: [Google]
CCCP has best play.gif
1002 KB, 382x221
Standby
>>
pls hit toronto
>>
it landed

habenigs cancelled
>>
WTF is Squawking is that like tweeting drunk?
>>
NO SURVIVORS
>>
>>73396743
Fingers crossed for 9/11 2.0
>>
>>73397535
Looks ok

No happening
>>
>>73397705
>>
>>73397528
Oh my too much weed lmao for me

that is actually pretty frightening

No survivors confirmed again

gg boys
>>
>>73397763
oh shit, he's aiming right at the terminal.
rip
>>
>>73397763
Nothing unusual. Hungry merricans asked to deliver them straight to the food court
>>
>>73397705
The farting of sparrows

>A couple of years ago while flying a 757 to Osaka, Japan, we discovered a leading edge slats problem as we prepared to land. We told the controller that we may have a problem and needed time to sort it out. The controller vectored us around Osaka Bay while we ran the checklist. We were able to extend the slats using a back up system. It wasn’t a big deal, we were able to get the aircraft in a normal landing configuration.

>The next thing we did was tell the controller we were ready for the approach and… we declared an emergency. Our aircraft had lost important functionality and we were using a back-up system. Control of the flaps and slats was limited and we didn’t know exactly why the slats didn’t originally extend or if the problem may have damaged something else. We fully expected the landing to be uneventful, but just in case, we wanted the runway all to ourselves. We wanted to make sure the controller understood that we might need extra time on the runway and that a missed approach could complicate matters. Declaring an emergency makes all this very clear to the controllers. With fire trucks watching from the taxiway, we made a perfect landing and taxied to parking.
>>
I thought squawker was dead
>>
>>73397669
It's a transponder code...each aircraft in a sector of airspace is assigned a unique code that it broadcasts. Air traffic controllers can see these codes on their displays.
>>
File: 1457031226815.jpg (126 KB, 1092x1037) Image search: [Google]
1457031226815.jpg
126 KB, 1092x1037
>radio station makes some r2d2 sounds
>QUICKLY
>MUST
>INFORM
>POL
>I
>B
>S
>H
>A
>B
>B
>I
>N
>G
>>
Jews and muslims need to leave our countries
>>
>>73397669

identifier. it's different for each plane. if it squawks 7700 everyone on the ground knows something is wrong and will give it priority.
>>
Oh no, someone choked on a peanut.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.