[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be stem major >fewer girls, more work, less sex >learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: humanitiesmatter-excerpt.jpg (297 KB, 600x962) Image search: [Google]
humanitiesmatter-excerpt.jpg
297 KB, 600x962
>be stem major
>fewer girls, more work, less sex
>learn that I'm not even going to make more cash
>I could've literally studied gender studies and become a CEO at an equal likelihood
Why the fuck does this STEM meme even exist?
>>
>>73395979

So white STEM cuckboys can earn more money (read: pay more taxes) and thus fund the lives of immigrants who will breed with your wife while you are at your job playing with legos.

Meanwhile, Mohammad and his friends will be also participating in activities in the gym while your body deteriorates in your Office working 10 hours a day and your wife naturally seeks the potent seed of immigrants to secure healthy offspring.

Now go back to playing with your Legos, cuck boy. Maybe Jamal will buy you some crayons from your salary which he has control over which you can play with in your Ikea cuck shed if you prep him nicely.
>>
>>73396652
I love this board.
>>
Math degree holder here.
It doesn't lead to extra work.
Job experience actually hurts, because most employers are seeking entry level grunts that have no ideas of their own.
>>
File: 1461698984004.png (398 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461698984004.png
398 KB, 1280x720
No one is stopping you from doing both, also using a degree to justify your own social awkwardness is degenerate.

>>73396652
Nice
>>
>>73395979
But you'd be a faggot.
>>
File: LimbicSystem.gif (379 KB, 2432x2295) Image search: [Google]
LimbicSystem.gif
379 KB, 2432x2295
>>73395979
>Judging by likely hood of being a CEO

That's all about luck and ass kissing. STEM helps for those who want jobs requiring PhDs and MDs aka jobs that actually require scientific knowledge.>>73396652
>>
STEM fag here pertaining to engineering. Here's the problem with that chart, and other STEM fags can clear this up for their major:

>want effective oral and written communication
Engineering classes already force you to do this. Some of them make you write reports as if you were writing them to higher ups thinking about new ideas. Therefore, you must analyze what you gather and determine some recommendations based on this. From this, we can conclude that this is total bullshit, and you learn this regardless, so it's not special to humanities.

>critical thinking and analytical reasoning
This is already taught based on all the math and science you learn. Even then, if you need a class to teach you how to critically think, you are a fool. You should gather this based on what you learn and it should make you think. The analytical part can be traced back to the first one based on information you gather.

>want employees to solve and analyze complex problems
Again, we do. It's called imaginary numbers. In all seriousness, I don't know what they mean by this, but if solving many problems pertaining to science is not considered complex, I have no idea what is. This problem solving will allow you to expand on many more areas where you had no knowledge of and then you can solve problems from there. Why? Because Math is a universal language.

>wanted employees to connect choices to ethical decisions

Ethics is purely subjective. If you're building a bomb for the army then ethics are different than if you were making a cake for someone. Therefore, this is purely stupid.
>>
>>73395979
Also, to answer your question OP, you have to demonstrate your knowledge on your free time. Don't just major in this if you are going for the money. Major in it because it interests you. I have worked on a ton of projects nonstop and I am already offered many jobs in Silicon Valley. Why? Because this stuff interests me. I love building things from scratch, be it circuits, windmills, generators, etc. Demonstrating your skills and socializing is the key. Even if you have the best skills in the world, it'll be the same as having none if you have no connections.
>>
File: lalahomoman.png (523 KB, 720x525) Image search: [Google]
lalahomoman.png
523 KB, 720x525
>Get a BA in four years
>Get a job that 20 years ago, you could've gotten with a high school degree and 3 weeks of Mavis fucking Beacon
""""wow""""
>>
>>73395979
But what % of people get a STEM degree vs a humanities degree? If CEOs are almost equally likely to have either one, but STEM degrees are less common, that would imply that STEM degree holders are more likely to become CEOs.
>>
>>73399230
Who gives a fuck about math?

Jesus STEM majors need to stop thinking they are such hot shit because muh numbers and muh X=Y xD
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.