[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a libertarian paradise, what's stopping me from using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
File: megyngq.jpg (36 KB, 564x444) Image search: [Google]
megyngq.jpg
36 KB, 564x444
In a libertarian paradise, what's stopping me from using the local Children's hospital to calibrate my new missile launcher?
>>
>>73361441
How would you use a children's hospital to calibrate a missile launcher?
>>
>>73361441
The fact someone would use their already calibrated missile launcher on you afterwards.

And the fact a voluntary effort to maintain defense of the community would exist, as it's in everyone's best interest, missile defense included.
>>
>>73361832
But what if I was nuts and didn't care about my own or anyone else's self interest?
>>
>being able to do what you want with yourself is the same as being able to do what you want with others

No (you) 4u
>>
>>73361727
Aim it at the hospital, if I miss then correct the error
>>
>>73361441
probably your inability to build a rocket launcher
>>
>>73361907
Well what's stopping me?
>>
>>73361832
this 'calibration' sounds like fun. After you 'calibrate' his ass I'll take the liberty to 'calibrate' yours.
>>
>>73361980
I will buy it using my profits from heroin dealing
>>
>>73361441
Who would make the hospital, kids don't have money
>>
what's stopping you now?
>>
People with guns who don't want you to do that.
>>
>>73361441
That would be murder. Murder is illegal.
Whats stopping you from doing that right now? Its not as though the police could stop you in time.
>>
>>73362083
Can't get the parts
>>
>>73361441
Communities and businesses would fund private police-like stations to protect them. Since there's be no taxes you'd have tons of extra money to spend on services you need such as protections. And they'd work better too, for example, if the current police stations fuck up they still get funded by the government no matter what, if private police stations fuck up the communities and businesses stop paying them, they'd be held to a higher standard.
>>
>>73361441
Probably the criminal justice system.

Why the fuck do you think that would disappear just because the government isn't in charge of it anymore?
>>
>>73362035
You wouldn't be able to compete with heroin businesses. Just like how you can't compete with liquor stores by making moonshine.
>>
>>73361997
the possibility of violent retaliation from people offended by that action

that's it

libertarians and ancaps only understand the threat of physical violence, and think that's actually a great substitute for a penal code
>>
>>73362268
Read this, moron.
>>73362181
>>
File: hnngh.gif (1015 KB, 350x271) Image search: [Google]
hnngh.gif
1015 KB, 350x271
>>73362181

Yeeeah because they wouldn't just use their weapons, power, and training to hold on to their power.
>>
File: stefan.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
you can't since it would violate the NAP :^)
>>
>>73361997
What's stopping you now?

You can go celebrate your new knife or gun in a hospital, too.
>>
>>73361441
Do you own the Children's hospital?

If not then you violate the non-agression prinicle and people are free to kill your ass in mutual self defense.

Also
>2/10 b8 made me reply.
>>
>>73362268
The penal code is also a threat of violence.
>>
>>73362181

How little have you thought this through? It amazes me that people want to trade our current system for something so wacky. Have you been outside of the US or Western world for that matter?
>>
>>73362543
Not in Australia I can't
>>
>>73362646
Not an argument.
>>
wouldn't murder still be illegal?
>>
In a society like that you could do it only if the local mafia that controlled the area let you do that.

Whoever had the most weapons and power would make the rules, and as you can see in any places in the world right now without government control, criminals always make the rules
>>
File: leland yee lord of war.jpg (99 KB, 600x854) Image search: [Google]
leland yee lord of war.jpg
99 KB, 600x854
>>73362083
rocket launchers aren't sold to the public.
Unless you're a Chinese gangster and know a certain Californian governor.
>>
>>73363004
Not an argument
>>
>>73363004
excellent contribution to the thread, friend
>>
>>73363248
>>73363371
Not an argument.
>>
>>73361441
There wouldn't be any roads to get to the hospital.
>>
>>73362268
But law is a threat of violence, just one with the joined thread that if you don't pay for a service you might find deficient they'll use that violence agaisnt you too.

The longest periods of peace in human history haven't occurred because people really nice to each other, they occurred because a group was willing and capable of using overwhelming force to stop anyone from disrupting the peace.

Ancaps consider that, if everyone is given the authority over self for defense, a joint effort against people who would disrupt the peace will ensure no single interest will be able to defeat them as everyone will arm themselves accordingly in response to any group getting too uppity. This no is no different than a bunch of police men lounging around to prevent abuses of violence, except now everyone has teh agency to do so.

There's tons of issues with what I just described (the fact all of this is reduce to an economical calculation when we know for a fact more than just numerical analysis is involved in human decisions being one which ancaps have a few, not entirely persuasive responses to), but misrepresenting the ancaps doesn't help you dismiss their believes.
>>
File: 1392582884755.jpg (68 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
1392582884755.jpg
68 KB, 310x400
>>73361441
The constitution, obviously. Why would you be able to own ordnances? That's absolutely retarded, they're unfit for self-defense and only the state is allowed to hold the monopoly on force, so no mercenaries and nukes for you.

>inb4 libertarianism = anarchy + private armies meme

sage
>>
>>73363498
... Self-defense is not the purpose of the second ammendment, and people use to be able to legally buy everything from automatic weapons to full pledged warships, both with the thumbs up of the writers of the constitution. Arms are not just whatever the hell you want it to be.
>>
>>73363642
>Arms are not just whatever the hell you want it to be.
Yes, they're what the state wants them to be.
Do you really think the government would allow ANYONE to be able to challenge their authority militarily inside their own country?
>>
The answer is no different from what we've got right now.
Ignoring the difficulty of obtaining a missile launcher now and in a libertarian 'paradise', both scenarios would result in the deaths of dozens.
What do you think stops somebody from just walking into a hospital armed with pistols, rifles and explosives?
>>
>>73361441
>local Children's hospital
>implying there would be diseases and sickness in a libertarian paradise
nigga what
>>
>>73362268
>i start a settlement
>i make it really strong and conquer everyone else
>i turn it into a police state

haha what now faggits
>>
>>73363999
>What do you think stops somebody from just walking into a hospital armed with pistols, rifles and explosives?
Nothing at all, people generally have better things to do. But when they want to, they do
>>
>>73361441
The local security forces, whoever is closest to the sniper rifle in every building nearby, everyone in the future shooting you on sight if you're identified.
>>
>>73363950
Not how the second ammendment works, my hue friend. Frame it as you must, that's not what's written.
>>
>>73361899
Well a more efficient local police probably would've committed someone like you long before you had an opportunity to acquire a missile launcher.
>>
>>73361899
Then somebody either puts you in a mental institution or kills you.
>>
>>73364254
>I start a business
>I become a multi-billionaire
>I buy all the politicians and pass laws only in my best interest

haha what now faggits
>>
>>73361441
The anti-missile system owned by the local Children's hospital.
>>
>>73364269
OP explicitly said "in a libertarian paradise"
Since when the USA is a libertarian paradise? I was talking about a hypothetical scenario.
>Not how the second ammendment works
The one that decides how the 2nd amendment works is the US government. And guess what, people are not allowed to buy ordnances.
>>
>>73364507
Your premise it fucking retarded. The right to self-defense and protection of one's property is a cornerstone of any libertarian paradise.
>>
File: pepe-taco-bowl.jpg (259 KB, 820x1092) Image search: [Google]
pepe-taco-bowl.jpg
259 KB, 820x1092
>>73364507
http://steencannons.com/cannons/u-s-3-inch-ordnance-rifle/
>>
>>73364507
The fact you know nothing about the USA weapons market is very telling.
>>
>>73364609
>The right to self-defense and protection of one's property is a cornerstone of any libertarian paradise.
So not being able to own ordnances means you're completely defenseless? Come on, you're not that fat. Why would you need military tier AA guns around you?

>>73364807
Well played.

>>73364909
I used ordnances as a catch all term and I was wrong, my bad.
Americans still aren't able to buy missiles.

The fact that you insist on this strawman is very telling.
>>
Your neighbors.

You people don't get Libertarianism, do you?

You would be free to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't bother your neighbors. Act like a shithead and they will kill you or send you packing for a new place to live.
>>
>>73365077
That's a nice moving goalpost and it's still wrong. Just admit you don't know shit about what you are talking about and carry on.
>>
>>73365326
I did admit I used ordnances in a wrong way, as this anon pointed out >>73364807

Now can you please state who was the one that started talking about the US? Hint: >>73363642
Don't strawman your way into things, read carefully instead.
You still have not addressed my first post properly.
>>
>>73365077
>Americans still aren't able to buy missiles.
With a $200 tax stamp, I can. It's not ideal by any means, but I can.
>>
File: libertarian paradise.png (317 KB, 1348x1243) Image search: [Google]
libertarian paradise.png
317 KB, 1348x1243
ahh lolbertardians
>>
File: arms list RPG7.jpg (33 KB, 598x525) Image search: [Google]
arms list RPG7.jpg
33 KB, 598x525
>>73365077
>Americans still aren't able to buy missiles.
>>
>>73361441
that would cause others direct harm, which goes against primary libertarian principle
>>
>>73365541
>>73365606
Well, fuck.
OP just needs to move to America then.
>>
>>73365783
in al seriousness, I'm pretty sure you can't actually buy stuff like grenades and rocket launchers in the USA.
At least not legally.
>>
Libertarians:

Income tax is slavery
Public healthcare is slavery
Affirmative Action is slavery
Literal chattel slavery was more of a state's rights issue
>>
>>73365863
You can, actually. Munition is a bit harder to find, but they are legal to find with just a few papers. The matter is price. Even with military price, they are horrendously expensive and no one wants to buy them.
>>
>>73365863
we can, they're just hard to come by and you have to pay an additional tax.
>>
>>73365863
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-503123.html
>If you can find someone who's legally selling a B-52, you can certainly purchase it. Same with the bombs ($200 tax stamp on each one, though). Fighter jet, same thing. But the cannon has to be dismantled because of the 1986 machine gun ban. Everything else on it is kosher, if you can afford it (missiles are stupid expensive).
Turns out everything is legal with enough paperwork, except machine guns.

I am retarded.
>>
>>73366364
>machine guns
machine guns are legal too
just have to pay the stamp tax
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwhymFkxwM8
post yfw everything in this video is legal to own in the US
>>
File: zerg avatar.jpg (10 KB, 116x113) Image search: [Google]
zerg avatar.jpg
10 KB, 116x113
>>73366364
you can actually buy full auto guns, although you can't make new ones for the civilian market.
>>73366498
>mfw
>>
File: 1430218503867.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1430218503867.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>73366498
>>73366565
I am going to assume it's also possible to legally acquire machine guns made after the 1986 "ban" as a civilian.
>>
>>73366899
nope, the civilian machine gun registry closed in 1986 and government/company owned machine guns can't be transferred to civilians.
All those AR-15's you see at Wallmart are semi-auto only.
>>
>>73366899
If it was added to the registry prior to 1986, yes.
>>
>>73361441
The state.
>>
>>73361441
Libertarianism is great OP. capitalists get to erase workers rights, pay workers pennies, and then using their globalisation "right" to sell a company off to india or china - they end up putting hundreds out of work, pushing whole towns into poverty while very few of them get incredibly wealthy. And hey, because "taxation is theft" the average shmuck will end up with nothing.
>>
>>73361441
You are confusing libertarianism with anarchy. Libertarians believe in rule of law. In the deceleration of independence Thomas Jefferson wrote:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"

Governments are created by Men to protect rights and the powers of the government are extension of the natural rights of Men.

If a man doesn't have a power then neither does the government.

I have the right to kill someone who is trying to kill me. So the government also has the right to kill someone who is trying to kill me.

I don't have the right to take 50% of my neighbor's shit every week so the government doesn't have the right to take 50% of my neighbor's shit every week.
>>
>>73365867
Truth.These Libertarians/AnCaps drank public tap water, drove on public roads, and benefited from a social safety net, worked for a business that was government regulated, taught in public education, used the internet which was funded by the government, and now demand the right to contribute nothing to any of those things that allowed them to reach middle class comfort they wouldn't have without the taxes they claim to resent so much.
>>
>>73365606
Americans prefer hitiles as they tend to be more effective.
>>
>>73361441
Children got guns and calibrating their missile launcher as well.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.