[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mandatory Longbow Training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: DeusVult.Tapestry_____________.jpg (57 KB, 523x382) Image search: [Google]
DeusVult.Tapestry_____________.jpg
57 KB, 523x382
So Britons, have you had your daily longbow training session yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvKJcxa8x_g

>maintain skillset to defend the nation
>distracts youth from degenerate pursuits
>be more like this guy

Don't tell me they've banned bows too.
>>
fpbp
>>
>>73353242
....wut?
>>
>>73353189
they have to register their knives, why would you think they could own longbows

theyre actually in process of banning toy guns/nerf guns
>>
>>73353189
This triggers the frenchmen.
>>
>>73353360
>banning need guns.
Fucking leaf.
Seriously though are they? That would be fucking hilarious.
>>
>>73353242
fpbp
>>
>>73353242
fpbp
>>73353189
This guy seems pretty cool desu
>>
>>73353189
Everyone should have to train for the battle of the nations
>>
>>73353360
I just looked it up, they can even have crossbows without a license. Can't even have those where I'm from. There is no excuse.
>>
>>73353189

Only in England, not all of Britain.

Plastic picnic knives are illegal in Scotland
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsAUKRbaZ9E

pretty cool related vid
>>
>>73353242
fpbp
>>
>10 posts
>not a single brit to be found
>>
>>73354656
>dat c&c generals music at the beginning.
I miss mail call.
>>
idontthinkshariabloodyallowsit.jpg
>>
>>73354674
Well, have you?

Or have the Sharia Police grounded you for being an infidel?
>>
>>73353189

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dmhyWvhjDI

FREEDOM
>>
They aren't banned you fucking dumb cunts
>>
>>73353189
>I got a shotgun
>>
>>73353189
Lars Anderson
>>
>>73355177
but they are illegal to talk about mate, we dont want to upset the french
>>
>>73355177
"banned"

lmfao you brits are cucked as fuck
>>
>>73355453
Yeah but Nah. He even stated that his bows are 30-35lb draw weight, he doesn't even get to full draw in most of the shots.

The typical warbow (longbow) was 120+lbs, putting shots out to ~350 yards with enough energy to kill.

Still looks neat though.
>>
video is pretty based, but the real power of the longbow was the much greater range then they show here. They wern't soppsed to miss under 300 yards
>>
>>73355751
i'm not a cuck, you're the cuck!
>>
>>73356076
most leafs are cucked, yes... my country elected a cuck too.. but at least we can have guns
>>
>>73356076
'A Tale of Two Cucks'

- Charles Dindu
>>
>>73355453
https://youtu.be/BEG-ly9tQGk
>>
>>73355104
Fucking dumbass
>>
>>73354721
Do you realise what the time is in Bongland? . .it might explain something.
>>
>>73353189
I didn't know it was mandatory for the English to train with the bow since 7 years old. Pretty cool
>>
File: londonattacks.png (469 KB, 532x565) Image search: [Google]
londonattacks.png
469 KB, 532x565
>>73353189
If a significant number of Brits actually started doing this their government would ban it immediately. True bows aren't that useful as modern weapons, but it might angry up people and give them some measure of discipline and focus in their lives, we can't have that.
>>
>>73353189

Bows are free to purchase, they're considered a sports apparatus before a weapon so any tom dick or harry can walk in and buy one with arrows.

The arrows are metal but dulled to the point they're practically nerf, but regardless they're still easily obtainable, £50 can get me a basic recurve and 3 arrows.

There's also a fun little law that technically is still in effect that it is illegal for a British man to not practice archery on a sunday.
>>
>>73356497
Another cool fact: It is still technically legal to kill Scots (scottish people) in York (a north english city), as long as they are carrying a bow and arrow,
>>
>>73356690
>>73356497
This is exactly the idea, even after most of their army had transitioned to crossbows etc. they still had mandatory training however it was more of a moral measure. If you dedicate time to mastering a weapon (bending the bow in this case) you'll spend less time in debauchery and perhaps give more thought to the future of your nation, the reason we learn to use a weapon.

Longbows are not difficult to make, neither are arrows.
>>
>>73356901
I think that also applies to Welshmen in Chester after Midnight.
>>
>>73353189
this guys wizard level is off the charts
>>
>>73356975
but crossbows suck.
half the reason the english beat the french in certain important battles is during the rain they kept thei bowstring dry under hats and you couldn't do that with a crossbow sinuw
>>
>>73357071

A welshman outside the walls of Chester with a crossbow.

Also if a Welshman is in Wales, and you're at the border but remain on the English side and kill him, it's not murder.
>>
>>73357196
no, see here
>>73356393
for full autism.
>>
>>73357210
yeah but murder is really only a term that can properly be applied to people.
>>
>>73357208
Not doubting that, just that even after crossbows became the norm, longbow training was still mandatory.
>>
>>73357492

The Norwegian side of me laughs, The welsh part wants an omlette.
>>
>Shooting off the knuckle and not the thumb nail

If you spend time after church every Sunday you should be shooting instinctively and not trying to aim. He shoots off the left knuckle because he's aiming with one eye.

A good archer from that period would be shooting instinctively off the thumbnail. I mean after all that was basically there full time job and you should be good at your full time job.
>>
>>73357196
High level wizards don't use bows, fool, they use spells and shit
>>
>>73357264
his name is fucking laars.

how unfortunate.
>>
>>73353242
What does that mean?
>>
>>73358182
>A good archer from that period would be shooting instinctively off the thumbnail
An English Longbow would have had 180+lbs of draw, a bit hard to do with a thumbnail.
>>
>>73355834
My recurve is 70 pounds and I've been doing the "Lars technique" for awhile now. Lars is just a little bitch who needs to work out
>>
>>73358810
He's doing it off the knuckle. What difference is it to shoot of the thumbnail.
>>
>>73358810
>he didnt upgrade to thumb ring for 50 gold
this is how you filter the pleb mongol players
>>
>>73356393
>>73355453
I honestly believe Lars has autism. He moves around really awkwardly, like some kid who thinks hes in a video game. He moves like your general autistic kid.
He also thinks he discovered a super secret archery technique based off of paintings and vases (which is something you should never take seriously)
His technique would do absolutely nothing in war, where the person wore basic padding/mail.
Archers weren't legolas running around the field firing arrows like a machine gun. They'd get tackled and stabbed to death.
>>
>>73358778
What did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.