[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you moved to Colorado Springs yet, anon? >clean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Colorado.jpg (15 KB, 448x300) Image search: [Google]
Colorado.jpg
15 KB, 448x300
Why haven't you moved to Colorado Springs yet, anon?

>clean air, clean water
>conservative
>safe city (low % of basketball-Americans)
>mountains, rivers, Garden of the Gods
>legal weed
>martial ethos (5 military bases, NORTHCOM HQ, NORAD, USAF Academy, etc.)
>>
>>73350659
1.) Too young/poor/in college
2.) Cold, which I like, but the latitude is too low, and a strong sun is a no-no.
3.) Too close to the Mexicans.
>>
>>73350659
is it expensive? also is it burningly hot?
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 960x622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 960x622
Because I'm happy in another part of Colorado already
>>
>>73350659
Too many shootings.
>>
That's the mexican part of the country
>>
>>73351772

>is it expensive

yes

>is it burningly hot

no. It snowed on May Day
>>
>>73351034
>>73352444

there aren't that many mexicans compared to the rest of the region
>>
>>73352622
>>73352444
>>73351034

The Springs is ~16% Hispanic

Denver is ~32% Hispanic
>>
>>73350659
Biggest nuclear target on Earth.

Half the town is dumb hippies and criminals, the other half is dumb WASPs.

And the police department is a bunch of out-of-control thugs just like Albuquerque.

Did I mention it was going to get nuked, like really soon? Before January 1st, 2017.
>>
>>73352080
Now this nigger's living in paradise.

San Luis Valley still takes the cake for me.

It's nuke-proof as long as they don't drop a nuke directly inside of it, and what the fuck would they do that for? To nuke a bunch of fucking potatoes?
>>
>>73352744

>Half the town is dumb hippies and criminals

No, you're confusing us with Boulder or Denver

>the other half is dumb WASPs.

no, the WASPs that are here are disproportionately military, conservative, traditional, etc. the exact kind of people /pol/ is about

>Biggest nuclear target on Earth.

it is a target, but not the biggest on earth. You'll see Paris, London, Rome, Berlin, NYC, DC, etc. hit well before the Springs.

also, when the Springs is nuked you can kiss your city's ass goodbye too, because that's ww3
>>
I lived there as a kid and spend last summer there.

- no nightlife, city closes down around 9 pm
- tons of evangelical christians, meaning no good radio stations, nowhere to buy recreational marijuana products in the city limits
- blue collar education is normal there
- no arts or music scene
- huge military presence due to bases, which means trashy people who dont value the community

literally a beautiful but tragically boring and unappealing place
>>
>>73352744
>Jan 1 '2017

>[citation needed]
>>
>>73350659
>Chair Force Academy
No thanks
>>
>>73353094

>muh nightlife

are you 18?

>christians

you can do a lot worse than christians

>muh radio stations

KAFA is all right. but who the fuck still listens to the radio, anyway?

>rec marijuana

I live ~2 minutes from Manitou. no problem

>blue collar

and? muh education. brainwashed liberal idiots, you mean?

>muh arts
>muh music
>muh scene

ok hippie, go to boulder then. the Springs isn't for you. it's not for everyone

>military presence

yes, and that's a good thing. people value the community because they recognize it's a good place to live. military people are generally respectful, polite, and they drive fast. it is normal to go ~85-90mph on I25. cops around here don't give out speeding tickets either. only time I've seen a cop giving out tickets was in a school zone, or CHP on the interstate (rarely)
>>
>>73350659
Tfw I live in Arvada and it's 92% white
>>
>>73354034

suburb doe
>>
>>73350659
I have quite literally been contemplating moving to Colorado Springs from IL because I don't want to deal with all the douchebag stoners in Denver, and I'm sick of dealing with all the nig nogs here.
>>
>>73352744
I'd rather be vaporized than deal with the consequences of nuclear war.
>>
>>73353702
Doctors are pretty important, or are you a commie who just values people who just run factories?
>>
File: 1461966065206.jpg (122 KB, 792x1350) Image search: [Google]
1461966065206.jpg
122 KB, 792x1350
> tfw I live in Black Forest
>>
>>73352444
This
>>73352679
Because even 16% Hispanic is far too much. I live in a state that's ~97% white. I'll stay here.
>>
/lone tree/ is best city
>>
>>73350659
You realize when teh habbening comes you are going to get hit by like ten nukes right?
>>
>>73354034
My roommate went to Pomona high school and said it was pretty sketchy.

I don't really spend time in Arvada though, even though it's right next to me
>>
>>73354556

the Springs has plenty of doctors and plenty of professionals.

on the other hand, Colorado residents are among the healthiest in the nation. we don't need as many doctors, eh?
>>
>>73352254
If you think there are too many shootings in colorado springs you can't live anywhere in the usa
>>
>>73350659
They didn't have any jobs when I lived out there. Besides, Colorado's a meme state.
>>
>>73353039
>wanting to be around oldfags with sticks up there ass trying to make you go to church and shaming you for partaking of the dank

no thanks
>>
>>73354785

there's more to life than demographics. vermont is ~95% white but it's full of hippies and liberals; no major cities; nothing much of import.

>>73354900

see>>73353039
>>
>>73350659
> legal weed
Not even the US is safe from such degeneracy
>>
>>73355069

>oldfags

there are old people everywhere.

>shaming you for partaking of the dank

literally who is doing this? it's live and let live. just don't move to one of the mcmansion suburbs and you'll be all right
>>
>>73353702
Are you really trying to defend the springs? Also fuck the cops here; you either are retarded or you don't live here.

Coming from a Springs resident:
This town sucks dog dick. If you like the outdoors it's ok, you just won't spend time in the city but the mountains are right there. Pikes peak is beatific but the springs is a dump. Imagine the desert, and then put a bunch of shitty shit there. That's Colorado Springs. You like dry creek beds? You like yucca? You like shitty people? Move here. Weed is legal but holy shit move to a better town. I'm in hell.
>>
>>73355695

the cops are cool people. they leave you alone unless you're causing trouble. they don't trap people for speeding

that's the most prominant nuisance police pose in general, and it's basically non-existent here

>dry creek beds

only in late fall/early winter

the rest of the year, especially now, they're boolin'

>shitty people

speak for yourself

conservatives, military, predominantly white, mountain West ethos. if you don't like it, leave
>>
>>73355695

I live and work in Denver but have a property in Steamboat. I try to get up there as much as possible, but I mostly just rent it out for income and to pay it off faster. I would love to move there but there is no work for me in my field.

Where else is there to live in this state but the urban corridor? you have to be some wealthy trust fund babby to live in these ski resort towns, and service industry jobs won't pay the rent in Telluride. Nederland, maybe? I saw someone post a picture of Golden earlier, I love that town, but I work in SE Denver so no way I want that commute.
>>
>>73356351
Goldenfag here.

I work in downtown Denver, public transit is your friend.

Denver gets shit on more than it deserves but I still vastly prefer living in Golden to living in denver
>>
>>73357055

do you take the light rail? I would do that if I worked downtown, but I am way SE, like near Parker.
>>
>>73358347
Yeah, I use the light rail. Unfortunately you are right, I wouldn't want to have to commute clear across town to the south east corner
>>
>>73357055
>Denver gets shit on more than it deserves

It does, its really not that bad at all, but when people from the midwest, friends and relatives from my hometown, ask me if they should move, I paint it in a poor light. I am a transplant but I've been here since I was 12, my dad was transferred here for work.

I have a condo right near City Park, I love this neighborhood and have seen it grow over the past 8 years.
>>
>>73358535

I have a few friends who work for Mines, so I spend some time in Golden. I really do like it, its a suburb but still so kind of segregated away from everything else.
>>
>>73358806
Part of the reason I still live in golden is because I'm a Mines grad (class of 2014) and learned to loved this town while going to school, so that's neat you have friends working there. What do they do there?
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 486x720
Future Habbinz in Colorado
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.