[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
baby's first philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: RedPill_hand.jpg (15 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
RedPill_hand.jpg
15 KB, 520x390
>red pilled people
>conspiracy theorists
>doomsday preppers

What do all these have in common? They try to learn "how the world really works" because it gives them a sense of control in their life, which they are desperately seeking. That rich guy that's banging high class whores on his yacht? He probably doesn't care about any of these things, because his need for control is already fulfilled.

When you know "how things really work", you feel a sense of control that's been missing. This ego circlejerk is further stroked when peers just don't get it. They're blind "sheeple", idiots, and you feel superior to them. But they've already achieved what you've been trying to - a sense of control in their life. It's also likely they did so in a more socially acceptable way.

I'm not saying all red pilled people & conspiracy theorists are crazy, or wrong. Lots of fucked up shit in this world that gets swept under the rug, and should be talked about. I just think desire for control is the primary motivation for taking on one of these 3 identities.

Look inward anon. Do you agree or disagree, and why?
>>
>>73343791
>everything can be boiled down to a specific viewpoint or paradigm if its presented in a non-accusatory fashion
fug off, they told us about you guys over at the institution.
JUST
>>
>>73343791
Thanks, were do I send my $200,000 for the philosophy degree I earned by reading this?
>>
>>73343791
Ah, a redpill at my level of understanding.

Thanks for that, OP
>>
>>73343914
OP here, no idea what

>they told us about you guys over at the institution.

means. Just wanted to discuss something I was thinking about, which was the result of me trying to rationalize my own past obsession with conspiracies.

>>73344031

the subject is "baby's first philosophy" to make fun of myself. just wanted to talk about it.
>>
>>73343791

people want to feel a sense of control over their lives?? people are quick to latch on to explanations of the world that satisfy their particular narcissisms?? you dont say
>>
File: R3X0i.jpg (43 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
R3X0i.jpg
43 KB, 480x270
>mfw try to have a real discussion on /pol/ and it goes absolutely nowhere
>>
>>73343791
Nah, being redpilled sucks man. You realize all the shit going on around the world and you just want to weep. Had the same feeling when I was more liberal in my college days and learned about the underground sex slave trade in the states. Its like out of your control, but I bet you the majority of people don't know about it. It sucks.
>>
>>73345009
oh yeah that makes sense, feeling powerless when you learn you have no control of "the big picture"

>learned about the underground sex slave trade in the states.

was this accidental or did you really dive into it, performing research and what not? curious what the initial motivation was
>>
>>73343791
>"how the world really works" because it gives them a sense of control in their life,
How is believing the world is ruled by shape-shifting reptilian aliens who are controlling Earth for ambiguous reasons offers conspiracy theorists a sense of control in their lives? If anything, it makes people unhinged, trapped, and generally more depressed, believing they're completely powerless against a more technologically advanced, physically superior, and incomprehensibly more intelligent higher being. It's one thing to fight against humans, who are just as weak, flawed, and mortal as you are, it's another to face a more advanced race from a more advanced alien civilization that you would have no chance of knowing, let alone fighting against.
>>
>>73346614
The end result of someone's research (such as believing what you described) isn't really what I was focusing on, rather that the persons initial motivation for seeking "the truth" was a desire to gain control of their life. What the "truth" turns out to be for them could effect them negatively or positively, who knows.

I'm just curious about discussing what the initial, primary motivation is which sets them on this path.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.