[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why women don't choose STEM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 26
File: jack daniels advertisement.jpg (59 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
jack daniels advertisement.jpg
59 KB, 600x549
Ok /pol/acks, so I'm pretty sure you all agree the wage gap isn't real because women take more time off, go on marital leave, choose less demanding jobs, and are physically weaker than men.

However, would you say that how people portray women have got to do with women not going into STEM fields? Society has always cautioned girls against doing things that involve strenuous and dangerous work such as working with knives, handling chemicals, etc.

Would you also say that pop culture plays also plays a role? There are a lot of initiavies to get girls into science but they are far less effective than the pop culture that pushes them out of it
>>
>>73292412
>STEM fields? Society has always cautioned girls against doing things that involve strenuous and dangerous work such as working with knives, handling chemicals, etc.
STEM isn't dangerous you fucking twat
t. Butcher
>>
They don't want to just like I don't want to be a fashion model holy fucking stop pushing this jewish shit you stupid fuck it's inherently natural. Women don't give a fuck about that shit just like I don't give a fuck about makeup. And seriously what the fuck would be the advantage, in fact what is the implied advantage in these thread? Do you think the STEM field would profit from more women? I personally don't think it would change anything, neither positively or negatively. Just let people follow their instic for fuck sake. That shit doesn'T resonnate within them, don't tell them it's the fault of the patriarchy if they don't like science.

Jesus fucking Christ this pseudo intellectual shit hole is ruining our live. That's the kind of idea you spread around IRL all day too? Thanks for making the world a little more miserable everyday.

And by the way, we wrapped that subject a long, long time ago. You're not bringing anything new to the table.
>>
>>73292548
>STEM isn't dangerous

STEM is much more than playing around with chemical models and working an office job you dipshit.

>He uses twat like if he's british
>>
>>73292412
They probably just don't like it as much as dudes and might be worse at it. That's not society's problem. If they don't want to do STEM, then they don't have to.
>>
>>73292412

>ye olde "its society/culture that keeps women from being into STEM stuff"

or maybe most chicks just don't get into it and all the "initiatives" to get girls "into science" are as retarded as trying to get boys into being receptionists and kindergarten teachers
>>
>>73292835
Look if you're a strong sister /pol/ack who need no nerds it's fine gurl, go for it but don't snap and start a feminist rant or whine about how STEM is mission impossible tier dangerous.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 600x600
/thread
>>
>>73292412
No the wage gap is real. However it exists almost solely because women work in different industries than men. If you compare within industry the wage gap is 3 cents an hour, which is practically within the margin of error.

Facts, son, they matter.
>>
>>73292548

You're a dumbshit. The same proportion of stem and non stem jobs are dangerous.

A project I am working on right now fucked me up good for the first few weeks because our client didn't tell us how to correctly handle the drug they sent us, and a reaction between a standard organic solvent we use (most of which are incredibly toxic and we all joke about how we will die from cancer very young) almost blinded my boss too. This is at a very small R&D company, 80% PhDs, making specialty drug delivering implants.

>muh crab fishing

Also how the fuck is being a butcher dangerous? Just don't cut yourself goddamn
>>
>>73293003
See my point is that it could be anything else than STEM they would choose it. Today they choose women history because it enables them to whine, something they are naturally very good at. But if the other choice of class would be let's say, build a bungalow out of cow shit they would still much prefer that over the STEM class.

It's like when you start talking about cars or sport and women are around. They just start to loudly CAWCAWCAW at you until you change subject. They HATE knowing how things works. Period.
>>
My ex was a STEM major like me. She licked my ass and did ATM. STEM girls will do ANYTHING in bed.
>>
>>73292952
>I just ask a question
>Gets the Canadian cuck into an autistic fit of rage

Never have I said STEM is Mission-impossible tier dangerous. I said that society has been pushing women against those things because they are dangerous.

Back when I was a kid, I would always go swimming into lakes, handle sharp objects, and help out with heavy objects. Yet, my parents would always discourage my sister from doing those things because they were too dangerous.

>>73293003
I'm glad you did not read my post.
>>
>>73293367
Anything?
>>
>>73293059

This.
>>
>>73293416
>tell her it's okay if she is like that but don't generalize it
>disregard logic apply memes

Girl just drop out already. Are you going to start arguing your teachers like that too when a chemical reaction is too much patriarchic to your taste? hm?
>>
If I could get fucked whenever I wanted by chicks who were out of my league, and knew that eventually I could get one of them to support me no matter what my career was, I probably wouldn't give a shit about STEM either.
>>
>>73292412
Women should not work.
>>
>>73293581
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>73293700
I'm saying bitch shut the fuck up
>>
>>73292801
Leafs really are the worst posters
>>
STEM2hard
>>
>>73293739
>Gets all butthurt when I ask a question
>Decides to make idiotic arguments to satirize my questions

Just like >>73293769 said, you Canadians are the worst shitposters. At least you tried and I'll give you that
>>
>>73292412
>worked at an engineering firm in the city
>half of the engineers were women
>work at a refinery 15 minutes outside of town
>zero female engineers
women want cushy jobs in the city
>>
>>73293769
What does it have to do with my point? There is zero shitpost in that post.

Burgerclaps are really memes loving fucks barely capable of thinking straight more than a few words before dank memes spouts out by themselves. Trully disgusting.

>>73293992
Bitch you can be deployed on a front line now. STEM isn't ''too dangerous''
>>
>>73292801
calm down ahmed
>>
File: 1462390459999.png (1 KB, 368x376) Image search: [Google]
1462390459999.png
1 KB, 368x376
ITT: people claiming to be redpilled who don't realise the stem meme is all about wage suppression.

More women in stem = less pay.

There is no ulterior motive.
>>
>>73294388
Nice dubs Ling Ling
>>
>>73294399
that's australian tier of shitpost

impressive
>>
>>73292412
>Why women don't choose STEM
Because it's not easy.
>>
File: Women in stem 2.png (47 KB, 507x363) Image search: [Google]
Women in stem 2.png
47 KB, 507x363
>>73294399
So it's the same as the immigrant meme?
>>
>>73294545

No, what's impressive is your ability to try to fit a narrative over something as simple as wage supression.
>>
>>73292412
Because other women find STEAM fields(where I am) to hard and usually choose easier jobs.
>>
>>73294590
>>73294635
[cacophonous laughter intensify]

>>73294686
>muhsogynee!
>>
The thing is that the answer is fairly simple. It's only that it's very taboo subject and feminism tries very actively to hide it, deny it or tell cover up bullshit stories.

Male and female brains are wired differently. They are geared towards different jobs and different skills. You see this in the job market fairly well. Even with all the pandering to women only, quotas or otherwise, there's plenty of jobs out there with far greater numbers of men and far more jobs out there with almost exclusively women. This isn't rocket science. Most men don't decide to work in nursing homes, teach at primary school or do social service work because these tasks require caretaking and detail focussed abilities hardwired into a female brain while most women don't do jobs related to tech, construction or politics because those require three dimension insight, ability to focus on one task at the time and leadership qualities. Those are things male brains are more hardwired for.

This isn't saying that women can't do jobs men typically do or otherwise, it's just that on average, these trends exist because of thousands of years of evolution, not because of 'patriarchy conspiracy theories' or whatever other sociological explanation.

Thing is, humanities and social studies try very desperately to be any kind of relevant in the science world even though they don't have proper peer review like the hard sciences have. They will never be able to measure up against the worth of STEM so they'd rather make up some bullshit theory than to admit science is always right.

Reality is boring and doesn't care for feelings or politics.
>>
>>73294590
My question is if society pushing them away from STEM because "it's too dangerous and a lot of hard work" is what contributes to less women working in STEM fields, not retarded reasons like patriarchy and misogyny.
>>
>>73294800
The baguette said what I said in my first post in more gentle ways.

Are we finally done here?
>>
>>73294851
No it's not society, it's their fucking gender studies classes that tell them that and they eat it up.
>>
File: cuntspreading.jpg (3 MB, 2448x2085) Image search: [Google]
cuntspreading.jpg
3 MB, 2448x2085
>Society has always cautioned girls against doing things that involve strenuous and dangerous work such as working with knives, handling chemicals, etc.

NAME ONE TIME. Go on. Find an advertisement, an article, a meme even, from the last 50 years, that cautions girls not to do dangerous work, not to handle chemicals or not to handle knives.

Can you imagine a magazine article with the title 'Why women shouldn't become chemistry majors." If you were a woman going into chemistry, a college would snap you right up.

ON the contrary, SOCIETY insists regularly and loudly, through media and through societal norms that women not only CAN do these things, but often says they SHOULD do these things. But they don't

It is women who make the choice not to, each and every time.
>>
>>73292412
lack of logic
>>
>>73294771
Whats the A? And where the fuck are you?
>>
>>73294635

It's pretty similar, I would argue.

Stem fields and the like are well paid and are considered cushy jobs, but typically have had a male dominated cohort. If they can increase the percentage of women who go into stem and make it equal to the number of men that go into stem then they will have effectively doubled the stem labor force, which means they can of course pay less.

With immigrants it's somewhat similar, they can bring them in as competition for lower-skilled jobs.

So I would say the motivation is the same, but the type of people they are targeting for wage suppression is different. Pushing women in stem allows them to target high-profile high-paid and typically male jobs. Immigrants target low-skilled low-paid typically male jobs.

The Jewish trick doesn't end with just asking women to go into stem though - any inability of women to meet the number of men in stem is seen as a systemic and sexist flaw which will require quotas to bring female female distribution to 50 / 50.
>>
>le wimminz are bad at stem

I love this logic. Men-related things receive support and funding throughout history, elevating them to a very high level of development. Women-related things do not receive these same levels of support or funding because of prejudice against women, so their endeavors are currently not as highly developed as a whole. And this becomes an argument against investing in women's endeavors. Circular fuckers.
>>
STEM is an overhyped meme career field that is going to get flooded with workers soon, which will drive down wages.

The heavy promotion of STEM was done by CEOs of tech companies who are angry that their STEM workers have such high salaries.

By pushing the meme of STEM = $$$ GIT SUM they are creating a huge wave of new workers who will blow the bottom out of the job market and drastically lower salaries.
>>
Women generally aren't smart enough for STEM and any that do it get catered to and a free pass to a job. I've seen women who should have been kicked off STEM courses get grants whereas more capable males got kicked off.

Also, it is other women who create the social stigma of STEM being for guys, just like it is other women creating "unrealistic" beauty standards
>>
>>73295065
A stands for arts
In the south currently
>>
>>73295097

This guys gets it.
>>
File: CV9OqcBWwAAZCw_.jpg (54 KB, 599x305) Image search: [Google]
CV9OqcBWwAAZCw_.jpg
54 KB, 599x305
>>73295088
>that same canadian troll still at it

Why not kill yourself? Follow your leader's advice. Your enemies can't win if you kill yourself first.
>>
>>73292412
Lets be clear on why women won't enter stem, the main reason is status. As my friends would say: between the choice of being an unpaid intern at Louis Vuitton and the CEO of Yahoo, they would take the unpaid internship anyday.

Also:
>High pay == High stress
>Zero social life - literally too many autists
>Zero work / life balance
>Success is diluted and doesn't mean anything
>Ruthless "logic > any feelings" environment
>>
>>73294941
Look up the commercial "Inspire her mind - Verizon Wireless".

>You proved my point that society insists girls to go in STEM

You're right, but it does raise the point that women are discouraged by schools,families, friends, etc. from achieving those things.
>>
>>73293003
Are any of these posters plastered at gender studies doorways?
>>
>>73295088
What the fuck kind of stupid retarded logic is that? Holy shit you are way beyond redemption. Men send other men on the fucking MOON. They build particle accelerator that tear space and time new assholes. Of fucking course this will get more funding that fucking women's drama. Let's say we give you the budget of NASA, what do you do with it? Build love hotels to go fuck with the refugees you imported and then right shitty books about muh feelings? Get out of here.
>>
>>73292412
>Caring about women
I'm kind of over this
>>
File: tumblr_lptpnpINLF1qfy8ib[1].jpg (16 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lptpnpINLF1qfy8ib[1].jpg
16 KB, 500x283
>>73295170
But... why?
>>
>>73292412

Because women cannot do and cannot be interested in math.
>>
>>73295088
I am a woman amd I find your fucking logic cancerous
>>
>>73295475
It's used to promote design (like design for cars and computers, etc)
>>
>>73295475
i have given up on trying to understand american people
>>
>>73295625
What to you mean, used? Go back there and do it. The world desperately need to be beautiful again.
>>
>>73295097
desu the market for chemistry is already really bad because of this. It will happen for CS/engineering and eventually math as well. It just takes a bit longer.

However, there will be a certain point in which new potential students will see that they'd be studying for 6-9 years (depending on your field) to find a decent job and even then it pays little more than other degrees. The salary drop will not be too disastrous, but it will be there.
>>
>>73295301
>High pay == High stress

This can't be said often enough.
People don't understand what it's actually like to put those STEM degrees to use and work for a tech company.

I live in San Francisco and have friends who work for all the major tech companies in the Bay Area. Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple, etc.

There is NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE IN THE TECH INDUSTRY. Workers, especially new ones, are expected to work 60-80 hour weeks and put in serious overtime and be available on weekends. On paper the jobs are all 40 hour/week with amazing benefits, but your superiors will notice and reprimand you if you don't stay late and if you aren't checking your email and working from home on weekends.

Tech companies only offer lunch and dinner because they expect you to be at your desk all day long. Dinner is usually served 1-2 hours after the work day is "over" because they expect you to still be in the office even after your shift is over.

Yes, you can absolutely make a lot of money working in tech.

But do you want your life to be 100% about work? To never have time to go home and impregnate your white wife and play with your white children?

I sure as fuck don't.
>>
File: obama first gay president.jpg (171 KB, 1550x2100) Image search: [Google]
obama first gay president.jpg
171 KB, 1550x2100
Same reason many men don't become nurses, hairstylists, fashion designers or make-up artists if they're not homosexual.

Some careers are unwomanly just as some careers are unmanly.
>>
>>73295311
>but it does raise the point that women are discouraged by schools,families, friends, etc. from achieving those things.

yeah, but...this can not happen as often enough and on such a universal scale as to discourage almost all women. BUT if anyone is doing the discouraging, it is mostly other women.
>>
>>73295691
By used I ment it was a trial subject on STEM fields, I believe it's confirmed now that it's a part of STEM noe.
>>
>>73295088
I hope you're trolling or doing this for irony points.

Do you lack the mind to look at achievements objectively?
>>
>>73292412

Doing PhD in physics, having seen all kinds of sluts and I can tell you why:

Women go through school/uni usually memorizing stuff, not understanding. This doesn´t work anymore at some point and only very very view women make it to the "true understanding" part of their subject. Even my female phd collegues can sometimes only memorize stuff, not understand it.

Thats why they are so good at memorizing the stuff of their gender studies prof and just shout that stuff out in public without thinking.
>>
>>73295748

The good news is that most engineering work has little to do with engineering.

It's not terribly difficult to work yourself into a program management position within the first five or six years of your career if you're the type of person who takes on lots and lots of work and gets results. Getting results is what matters in engineering more than anything else. Almost every company will take 80% of the solution at 20% of the cost than 100% of the solution at 100% of the cost. If you can routinely pull off the former you will be a program manager.

That's exactly what I've done and it's exactly what I would suggest anyone who is trying to enter this field do. A program manager makes three times as much as an engineer and does not have that different of a job.
>>
>>73292412
>However, would you say that how people portray women have got to do with women not going into STEM fields?
I am from a STEM field, biology, and women were over half of my class, your entire argument is wrong.
>>
>>73295625
>like design for cars and computers
Falls under engineering with a soft definition, and most of arts has fuckall to do with stem
>>
>>73295821
>NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE IN THE TECH INDUSTRY
thats a problem with your country man, you should fix that shit.

anyways, STEM teaches you a little logic and critical thinking, which society will benefit from.
>>
>>73295625
I hope it means more technical/architectural types of design.

For example, the car company I work for hires people with 'arts' degrees, but they cooperate with engineers to create good looking and practical designs for cars. So they have to at least have an idea for how engineering works and what is possible.

You work with an arts study in a typical STEM industry. It's very possible.
>>
>>73295088
>Men-related things receive support and funding throughout history, elevating them to a very high level of development. Women-related things do not receive these same levels of support or funding because of prejudice against women, so their endeavors are currently not as highly developed as a whole. And this becomes an argument against investing in women's endeavors. Circular fuckers.

Name some of these 'women related things'. Name some of these 'men related things'. Once you list them side by side you'll immediately recognize why 'women related things' do not get funding or research and development.

>shopping
>>
>>73293367
>my ex
>implying you aren't an autistic virgin
>>
>>73295911
>I hope you're trolling or doing this for irony points.

Look at his country flag.
>>
>>73295860
And this is alright. You know what makes me feel great? The secretary at my job. She's the only girl there. Tiny chix. She wouldn't stand 5 second back in the workshop, most tools literally weight more than her. Yet she does a fantastic job and it's a hard job too. She has to deal with clients and the request from them can get quite complex. Her ability to understand priority and know what we should do first is what we all depend on back in the shop. If she fuck up we all fuck up. That's a lot of stress. I wouldm't be able to do that, that's a ''mom's skill''
>>
>>73296014
Well anon who's going to design your sex robots?
>>
>>73292412
Same reason they dont work construction. Because its hard work.
>>
>>73296115
Yes that's what I mostly ment, I just didn't explain it very well.
>>
File: 1451142572445.gif (2 MB, 336x167) Image search: [Google]
1451142572445.gif
2 MB, 336x167
>>73293442
ANYTHING
>>
>>73296294
Then please do it again we need you so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
>>
DESU if I had to guess why women don't choose stem I would just look at my classmates. Unattractive, socially incompetent, juvenile, although there were also a distinct lack of dummies and everybody seemed average to exceptional intelligence. I don't really see what it offers girls.

I also think STEM jobs are just a bit demanding if you want to balance them with motherhood, there is constant relearning, usually long hours, many of the T and E jobs are on-call.

Also I do think it's partially genetics, although this is not an opinion I would tell you in the street anon. I think that women are simply more inclined towards jobs that have a greater social aspect, and STEM jobs tend to lean towards the solitary end of the spectrum. I believe there is no real evidence of a genetic difference in ability, but I do believe there is plenty of evidence of a genetic difference when it comes to interest, and if you're not interested in something you're not going to get good at it.

I think it's partially socialization. Men are automatically given more intellectual respect when it comes to STEM ability. Because of affirmative action, while the field is more enticing for girls, they're being launched into higher positions than men with the same level of ability, which I think fustrates the hell out of the men. You have to literally actively remember this bias is not caused by anything the girls are doing wrong, but by affirmative action, to avoid the sexism.
>>
>>73295942
I will debate you on this. There are both male and female bad PhD students who can only memorize things and fail to think beyond.

The thing is that women are naturally better at memorizing details (see my 'hardwired brain post' of earlier) and this forces most men to think all the time about what is essential knowledge and what is not.

But about half my coworkers are women and they are some of the smartest, insightful and generally thoughful chemists/engineers around. As I said before: brain biology just means a trend. Doesn't mean all women or men are like that.

But of course, politics never does nuance because it makes their arguments weaker.
>>
>>73296431
I'm waiting for it to be accepted by other regions, i'm tired of seeing liberal arts student trying to make "art".
>>
>>73295821
Thiiisssss. I work for one of those tech companies in the Bay Area, and they provide employee shuttles back and forth to the city and other areas.

The morning shuttle departs at 7AM. The evening shuttle takes you back home at 7PM. If you take the shuttle, a 12 hour day is just expected.
>>
>>73295946
Yeah you are absolutely right. It's the same way for most other fields.

Although I'm a PhD in industry now, I do plan on eventually taking on a job like this. It's safer, perhaps less stressful and I actually actively enjoy management (from what I've seen through my family's companies)
>>
>>73292412

It would require the laws of physics be just suggestions that can be changed whenever a woman gathers enough popularity to be able to demand they change, just like social media rules.

In short, reality has to stop being reality.
>>
The biggest problem is that we have a while generation of women growing up and demanding independence, yet most "positive" mainstream female role models we see are almost entirely dependant on their men for everything. They want freedom and financial independence, but they don't want to go out and get it themselves. And frankly why should they when they've got an entire generation of effeminate nu males willing to trick every penny on them while they get cucked?

I'll say it like my brother always has

>I don't know any bitch worth more than a tree on my property

Never get married /pol/. These bitches are barely worth your jizz, let alone your money.
>>
>>73296203
Engineers.
Lonely lonely engineers.
>>
>>73295946
>engineering has little to do with engineering
Shh, don't tell anyone. If normies knew that I rarely have to make "complex engineering calculations", then the market would be flooded.
>>
>>73296851
Fair enough
>>
>>73295821
>>73296680
Then don't go to work in the Bay Area, literally the city that pays the highest tech wages that I'm aware of for many jobs and is the most competitive city in the world when it comes to tech.
>>
>>73296778
This is the biggest irony of modern feminism and general far leftist politics. They want independence, empowerment, freedom for special interest groups, etc etc.

But when it comes to enforcing those principles, they go to the big government and ask them to enforce it. In the past progressives used to protest against whatever it was by going on the streets or occupying whatever. Now, they make petitions, send them to governments and ask them to solve it, even though governments are apparently part of the problem? (muh patriarchy, muh institutionalized racism)

It's so mind baffling that modern far leftist beliefs are asking for more and more government control. It's completely opposite to what it used to be.
>>
>>73296934
Would you make sex robots?
>>
>>73297022
can't leave till my stocks finish vesting bro.

Also, I wasn't really complaining. I chose it, I'm just agreeing with the other guy who pointed out why women don't choose to work there very often. Because they have families and kids and shit and don't really think a 12 hour work day is cool.
>>
>>73292412
>STEM
>strenuous and dangerous work

Women do go into STEM in much higher numbers than expected but drop out much more frequently.
So do you really want to flood STEM subjects with women and guarantee foreigners the jobs that we literally rob our taxpayers for to foot the bill our stonk and independant womyn dont need us for?
>>
>>73296574

>There are both male and female bad PhD students who can only memorize things and fail to think beyond.

Of course there are, it isn´t just "black and white". Yet from what I have seen, also supervising other students: Men are in the big majority in STEM/physics when it comes to understanding compared to memorizing.

But you are now also talking about the higher end of education, meaning master degrees or PhD´s. Of course there you´ll have the "stupid" ones filtered out already (most of them). Of course the few women that are left at the level would be more inclined to be on the "understanding side".

Yet compare it to lesser education, i.e. school, STEM or non-STEM bachelors, women are usually on the memorizing side. Even in school when faced with STEM subjects, barely any women get it and I don´t believe that it´s societys "brainwashing" in telling them that they just shouldn´t do "mens subjects".

Of course there are women in the higher levels of education who understand their shit, but there are also many instances on that level where I´m just baffled at the stupidity of some women while that barely happens with men. And yet, both get their PhD in the end...
>>
>just started working at a refinery in southern louisiana
>it's probably the least politically correct place ever
>during the nfl draft, one guy asked why the saints don't draft white linemen
>a few minutes later he got in an argument with the spic, calling him pedro, carlos, juan, etc
>people regularly drop the f-bomb and tell dirty jokes
>everyone gets along
>this behavior all stops when one woman attends the meeting
>>
>>73296042
>Protestant work mentality
You won't for the foreseeable future. As much as people like to call American millennials lazy, people wear 'not having time to wipe my ass because I'm working 80 hours + going to school full time' as a badge of honour here for some reason. Add in wages being driven down in skilled labour by H1B Visa holders and rent being ridiculous in areas with jobs available, some people are working hard to keep themselves in a comfortable position.

The will to work hard is not a problem, but there is a line between working hard for a good payout, and working hard and not having time to realise that there is more to life than work. I see many buying things to stave off the depression from their work life, rather than settling down. People will point out that people in past generations worked their asses off and still started a family, but jobs then did not require moving around as much as they do now and living in a low income area did not mean living in the middle of nigger town like it does now.
>>
>>73292412
No. No and no. Idiot. Women don't want to do these things because of their nature. Very little to do with "society"
>>
>>73292412
Because STEM is hard.
>>
>>73295748
Agreed, this is the reason I switched from Chem to Computer Science. Complete a BS and have an average starting wage of $50k? Fuck that, I can get $70k+ starting as a CS major.
>>
File: hans and guenther.jpg (452 KB, 985x554) Image search: [Google]
hans and guenther.jpg
452 KB, 985x554
>>73292412
you are fucking retarded.
society is encourage women to do everything men do.
except if its petrolium engineering or mining.
you know menial labor.

there is so much shit focused on bringing women into colleges and universities to pursue a carrier path.
its just women dont fucking care.
they want a comfy job.
even if it pays lower than a software engineer.
theyve got a husband to leech off of.
banning courses related to social things is a good start to get women to even attempt other things.
getting them interested is a whole different matter.
women think differently than men.
they also love differently than men.
they are incapable of holding a conversation about anything other than them.
they cant even be bothered to have hobbies.
and you expect them to get interested in something enough to want to pursue it as a career?

your even more delusional than those idiots in power here in yurop that let subhuman scum from a different culture in and expect them to just conform.
>>
>>73299778
50k with only a BS? I heard plenty of stories about the US market to know you'd be very lucky with that.

This is why most people go to grad school, only to realize that the job market for PhDs is not much better.

I'm happy at least in europe the market seems to be a little better. And since I'm already getting ties with industry I'll probably be fine myself. However, I can't speak for many of the recently graduating PhDs and especially not master students. (finding a good PhD position can also be challenging here)
>>
>>73300124
Should have clarified, that was even what the "career planning" sites suggested you would get. Believe it was actually listed as 45-55k.

Had a lot of female classmates too, a lot more than in my computer classes. Also worth noting that on the whole, they were much more competent at doing the studies and work than the CS females, nearly all of whom are pretty much worthless. I saw some very bright and hard working female chemistry students, but I can't think of a single female CS student who isn't more or less being carried through her degree by her peers. Not a large sample size, but I found that interesting.
>>
>>73300691
Oh, and one more thing: while those career sites suggested the 45-55k for chem BS majors? I could go RIGHT NOW and get at least 70k starting with a CS BS.

Not expecting it to last very long, but being able to work outside of a company should help.
>>
>>73297181
Good question
If the market is that big in the western world.
>>
>>73292412
> women in math
Explain. Are paper and pen dangerous? Is pen mightier than a sword?
OP sucks cocks, regardless of gender
>>
>>73292412

I'm in STEM, and there have been some really good females in my classes.

But the majority, who just did ok had to cheat or failed.

The "Some" who did really good came from families where there was a lot of pressure to be the person they were meant to be. And be successful.

One of the most successful stem friends was Asian, she used a combination of good study habits for major courses and cheating for minors.

The worst class mates I have had, just didn't care or had the ability to understand STEM stuff. They just picked it, but it wasn't a part of them, it was alien to them.
>>
File: stem.jpg (167 KB, 1100x654) Image search: [Google]
stem.jpg
167 KB, 1100x654
>>73292412
>Why women don't choose STEM

But they do.
>>
File: hr.jpg (396 KB, 657x922) Image search: [Google]
hr.jpg
396 KB, 657x922
>>73294590

And because they don't need to.
>>
File: canin.jpg (130 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
canin.jpg
130 KB, 800x800
>>73295088
>Women-related things do not receive these same levels of support or funding because of prejudice against women
>>
File: eng.jpg (45 KB, 687x389) Image search: [Google]
eng.jpg
45 KB, 687x389
There are lot of female engineers
>>
>>73304123
Keked at pic
>>
File: 1462639708284.jpg (410 KB, 1024x1450) Image search: [Google]
1462639708284.jpg
410 KB, 1024x1450
>>73292412
I feel like any woman with half a brain for math realizes that getting a 4 year nursing degree will pay way more cash for less stress than fucking being a grad school bitch and begging for funding 24/7
>>
>>73304609
>interaction engineer
I haven't heard that one before.
>>
>>73304123
>mathematics
>implying
>>
>>73300099
Ahmed pls
>>
>>73293616/thread
>>
>>73305254
What? Women in math are non-existent.
>>
>>73292412
>However, would you say that how people portray women have got to do with women not going into STEM fields?
No. Women simply aren't interested. Girls often already don't show interest during preschool time. They don't want to, it's not their thing.

We aren't idendical. Get over it.
>>
>>73304609
Lol nigga she works customer service. Kill that noise.
>>
File: iq-by-college-major-gender.png (66 KB, 741x643) Image search: [Google]
iq-by-college-major-gender.png
66 KB, 741x643
>>73305517
Actually women are roughly 50-50 in mathematics.
>>
>>73293003
Truth
>>
Most girls I knew in college are afraid of getting average grades and tend to avoid hard classes. In my undergrad days most of the girls in biology majors (same as myself) wanted to go into environmental science or ecology whereas I was planning on going into pharmaceuticals. Women as a whole aren't pushed hard enough and SJWs are coddling them.
>>
>>73295097
Hows that psychology degree working?
>>
>>73305667
>40-60 almost 50-50
You're probably a woman, and definitely not a math major
>>
File: cuntification.jpg (170 KB, 1000x834) Image search: [Google]
cuntification.jpg
170 KB, 1000x834
>>73305667
>>
>>73305517
Women are more than a half of math graduates.
>>
>>73305667
Oh yeah? Now show me some articles in Annals of Mathematics, Inventiones Mathematicae, or Zentralblatt that were written by women. With percentages comparing them to men, of course.
>>
>>73296042
How do we balance it when companies work you to death and demand nothing less? "Vacation" is for the fucks with corner offices, not John Q. Employee.
I know a guy that works HR at a Wall Street company. While officially incorrect, unofficially if you're applying there and you have a family you're probably going to get rejected.
>>
>>73305817
>>73305842
It's in between 40 and 50 depending on the statistic. I'm just saying that math is actually surprisingly close major-wise. I think it's because they usually go into finance.
>>
>>73306039
gender-wise*
>>
>>73292412
>However, would you say that how people portray women have got to do with women not going into STEM fields? Society has always cautioned girls against doing things that involve strenuous and dangerous work such as working with knives, handling chemicals, etc

Where and when?
>>
Why struggle learning a difficult job when they can just spread their legs and spend their whole lives without working?
>>
>Society has always cautioned girls against doing things that involve strenuous and dangerous work such as working with knives, handling chemicals, etc.

Dangerous, strenuous work such as mathematics and computer science?
>>
>>73292412
People have agency, there is no reason that a girl cannot go into a STEM field. These days most STEM jobs are the least dangerous jobs out there (ex. Engineer, programmer). At some point in time you have to hold people accountable for their actions and say women don't want to go into STEM because they don't want to be there. Stop telling people that they are living their lives wrong and that their brainwashed by the system.grow the fuck up and own up to your choices.
>>
Lady, nobody cares what you do with your life.

Fuck off.
>>
File: pepecrisis.gif (2 MB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
pepecrisis.gif
2 MB, 385x500
>>73305842
>134 IQ with a comms major/philo minor
>all my major classmates were idiots
>all my minor classmates were great
>tfw I can't get a job because I 'didn't make connections like a savvy entrepreneur should have' :^)
>>
>>73304609
goddamn it i just bought these sides too
>>
>>73292412
you sound 45% retarded
>>
>>73292801
On the internet nobody knows you are a moose.
>>
>>73292412
Women are creative, men are constructive.
Women use their feelings and imagination to create, men use their logic.

That leads to different possitions. Women are good at good at task that require lying, manipulating or having good imagination (graphic design, law, marketing...) and men are good at stuff that requires putting 1+1 together (engineering, coding, science...)
>>
>>73295311
>it does raise the point that women are discouraged by schools,families, friends, etc. from achieving those things.
I have literally LITERALLY never heard anything but support and respect for a woman going into something like nuclear engineering or software development.

Other than on 4chan.

And the total number of women who have even been to 4chan on their own accord is easily less than 100,000.
>>
>>73295301
>High pay == High stress
Not for me. I'm not making tons of money, but I have a high income for my age and I'm the least stressed I've ever been.
True.
No way, I work less than 40 hours a week, and rarely do I ever work past my typical M-F hours.
Somewhat true. In most STEM positions, doing great things is par for the course. It's what you're supposed to do, and it's what you get paid for.
>Ruthless "logic > any feelings" environment
Thankfully true.
>>
>>73307198
>Women are creative, men are constructive.Women use their feelings and imagination to create, men use their logic.
And yet, all top-tier writers and painters are male.
>>
>>73307598
What do you do, exactly?
>>
>>73296194
Wow, anon, that's highly problematic that you're praising her for a gender-specific job.
>>
>>73307717
That's because logic is largely objective, feels are subjective.
Create art with a logical mindset. It might not be super frilly and full of curlycues or whatever fancy artsy bullshit, but people will get it.
Create art with an emotional mindset. Unless it's something like a fucking murder scene, people will have wildly varying opinions about it and some will probably dismiss it outright because they can't apply any kind of logic to it.

t. guy who typically hates artsy stuff
>>
>>73307717
And music composers and film makers, etc.

Still I didn't mean that women are better than men at those jobs I meant that women are more prone to those possitions than men.
>>
>>73307935
I'm a database architecture consultant.
>>
File: 2HUV.jpg (139 KB, 561x370) Image search: [Google]
2HUV.jpg
139 KB, 561x370
>>73292412
Countries that have a STEM industry, but little in the way of a service industry have higher female participation in STEM. This is because in those countries there are essentially two economic classes (outside of the ruling class), dirt poor, and well off. Women don't like being dirt poor, and the options for marrying out of poverty are limited, so they go into STEM.

Countries that have both (such as most western nations), tend to have lower female participation in STEM and higher female participation in service. This is because service employment allows women to avoid poverty without the academic rigor required for STEM, while still leaving them the option of achieving a higher level lifestyle through marriage.

This is why countries such as Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda and Burundi actually have higher female than male participation in STEM.

Conclusion: It has nothing to do with sexism, culture, or society. It's all the result of economic options. The greater the economic options a country offers, the fewer women that will feel the need to participate in STEM, because they have other options.
>>
>>73294941
>not to handle chemicals
There's all sorts of shit on this, especially in health care where oncology and other fields use teratogens and x-rays frequently. A nurse getting pregnant means work assignments get fucked up for the next nine months

One of the most common "don't handle" examples, while not work related, is don't handle cat litter due to toxoplasmosis
>>
File: 1450233816282.gif (2 MB, 390x205) Image search: [Google]
1450233816282.gif
2 MB, 390x205
>>73309473
il;dr women are inherently lazy creatures.
>>
>>73292412
Exploration has always been a male oriented endeavour.

Men have always been the ones taking on the risks to explore whats just over the next hill.

Science is about exploring reality, so of course STEM would be male dominated. For the most part, women are just less curious and less risk takers than men.
>>
File: ccxvbvxbvb.png (344 KB, 1100x654) Image search: [Google]
ccxvbvxbvb.png
344 KB, 1100x654
>>
>>73309473
tl;dr if the option of fucking their way to success is a choice, women will pick it over hard work every time
>>
>>73292835
>Twat
>British
Since fucking when
>>
File: 24hr_callahan[1].png (151 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
24hr_callahan[1].png
151 KB, 400x350
>>73292412

I can't find the thread in what you're saying. This is just a bunch of half-true observations. Are you suggesting that women are discouraged from going into stem fields by being told that they are too delicate and precious to do them?
>>
>>73295821
>you can make a lot of money working in tech

sort of. You can take a pay cut, work shorter hours, and live in a less expensive area with lower taxes and get the same take-home pay for less hours worked.

Your mistake was living in California.
>>
>>73292412
Maybe. But most of it is simply that women's brains are "wired" differently than men's. A man's brain evolved to hunt mammoths and defend the tribe against other tribes, so they're better for technical stuff. Women's brains are more "right brain" in that they think less rationally and more based off of emotions. This however makes women better for jobs like a secretary or Casting agent or a psychotherapist.

We aren't equal but it's hard to say one sex is strictly better than the other, it depends what the job is.
>>
>>73293059
The wage gap is "real", but not in the way dishonest leftiess show that as. They always represent that 70% as number as less pay for the EXACT SAME JOBS. People who lie with stats are the worst kind of liars. Then they say anyone who disagrees is participating in the "war on women". This is why we need Trump, he was totally right about "5% without the woman card".
>>
Because women tend to be terrible at the kind of logical thinking required for science. There are notable exceptions, and I don't think women are somehow inherently incapable of it, but that's just the way things are.

I saw it all the time in engineering school. The overwhelming majority of women that made it through relied heavily upon men helping them with their homework.

And if the SJWs get their way and women are shoehorned into stem jobs without the merit to back it up, whole industries will suffer.
>>
>>73296479
>You have to literally actively remember this bias is not caused by anything the girls are doing wrong
Uhhhh, bullshit. There's plenty of radical feminists that have been pushing for shit like this for decades. It's not like the establishment came down from on high one day and said "women are treated unfairly lets give them special treatment". No, radical feminists groups lobbied to make this happen. The types that want all the good parts of being a woman (maternity leave, chivalry, monopoly on sex, etc) without any of the downsides.
>>
>>73312645
Yeah, it actually turns out that men who are very involved in the raising of their kids experience the same wage drop of 30%. Its not that women have less opportunity, its that many women choose to be involved with their kids and it causes them to work less and thus make less.

The same study showed that women without kids or women who were full time and had staybat home husbands made just as much as a man.

The wage gap is a complete myth.
>>
>>73293416
>muh society
Society society blah blah blah, you either have the qualifications and ability to do a certain job or you dont. Society has nothing to do with your inability to crack open certain books and get to where you need to be in school.
>>
they caution guys too, what the fuck is this nonsense?
>>
Women dont like stem because high school never ends. Stem subjects are synonymous with fat greasy nerds to them and they dont want to be associated with that. Its "uncool". Pop culture used to push that as well. Its softened up on it recently but the labels have been set.
>>
>>73310007
Goddamn it i swear that instinct for exploration is going to get my ass killed. I always have to fight off the urge to see what could be on the next further offshore ledge or structure than the one im fishing. Fucking fuel capacities.
>>
File: 1460983482517.jpg (39 KB, 441x441) Image search: [Google]
1460983482517.jpg
39 KB, 441x441
>>73293616
This tbqh
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.