[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are liberals into art (including fine arts, music, etc.)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 43
File: starrynight.jpg (599 KB, 1280x1014) Image search: [Google]
starrynight.jpg
599 KB, 1280x1014
Why are liberals into art (including fine arts, music, etc.) moreso than right-wingers?
>>
escapism
>>
Because they're mostly secular/humanist/athiest and think things man has done and made are the pinnacle.
>>
They really aren't. Have you even met any art people? The historians are more conservative while the practicing "artists" are usually liberal.
>>
>>73287690
[citation needed]
>>
>>73288126
>[citation needed]
Given this isn't true, maybe there is still a huge divide in the type of art consumed. Hypothesis: liberals rather consume abstract art, while conservatives prefer representational art (realism, ...).

And yet, the answer remains the same: escapism.
>>
I'm going to break up your circlejerk and give an actual answer since I'm a liberal.

In my personal experience, I started out as an uptight conservative until I was 19. When I was 19 I dealt with the misery that I had before and experienced consistent happiness for the first time in my life. This correlated with a newfound liberal ideology and a huge boost in creativity as well as appreciation for art.

I find that conservatives are often bitter people who reject anything right brained and of that nature. I don't think their personalities are conducive to liking art, and obviously there are exceptions so don't be a fucking retard and pretend I'm implying there isn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 638x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 638x521
>>73288500
>maybe there is still a huge divide in the type of art consumed. Hypothesis: liberals rather consume abstract art, while conservatives prefer representational art (realism, ...).

Liberals consume (and produce) shitty art, anything that is simple and ugly.
Other liberals then 'interpret' that art.

See: spraying paint from your twat or asshole onto canvas, randomly scattering garbage around a gallery, photographing faggots with tennis rackets stuck in their bungholes, ir just doing fucking nothing (pic related).
>>
>>73288999
>and experienced consistent happiness for the first time in my life.

So some chick touched your dick finally and you became a complete pussy liberal because that's what she is. Got it, story old as time.
>>
>>73290360
No I was fucking around with girls when I was 14. I found meaning in life and found confidence in myself. Good on you for just making up a story and getting it completely wrong though.
>>
>>73291035
spot the liar.

There's a woman involved. He knows it, he's embarrassed that his 'how i became a liberal fag' story is so obvious.
>>
>>73291159
Nope, found a long term gf when I was 20 and was just doing one night stands at 19, as I was before. It's pretty funny that you're hung up on this, I wonder why that is.
>>
>>73288999
>since I'm a liberal
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>73287690
Smarter
>>
>>73291504
Good on you for pushing your boundaries and letting your views be challenged.
>>
>>73288999
Liberals certainly seem to be more 'into' Modern Art. It's intriguing that a lot of such art is aesthetically - and usually technically - inferior to, say, a Pre-Raphaelite painting or illuminated manuscript. People with an interest in this nu-age crap claim the intrigue lies not in what can be seen, but in contemplating the thought processes and mood of the creator. In other words, modern art panders to the Liberal fantasy that mind is equal to matter, and therefore reality can be ignored because, hey, yours is different to mine.
I would also say that if you're talking about art critics, of the ilk who study HOA at Oxbridge or Harvard, then you should remember that whilst they are intelligent they are also, invariably, from moneyed backgrounds. This means they have little experience of the vicissitudes encountered by the common man, and are more likely to hold liberal/communist/Marxist beliefs.
>>
>>73291572
Good on you for being mentally ill.
>>
>>73291627
Lol I'm a happy dude actually.
>>
>>73291504

>Stopped reading right there.
And I stopped reading right there.
>>
>tfw flaky creative stereotype but also rightwing as fuck
>tfw can't get along anywhere
>>
>>73287690
Conservatives value preserving tradition, whereas Liberals believe in change, in possibilities and pushing the envelope, seeking novel and new approaches to issues in society. Hence, why Liberals are more likely to be creative and into the arts.
>>
>>73291719
No liberals are happy. You are not happy. Keep telling yourself you are, though.
>>
>>73287690
Art isn't functional.
>>
>>73291574
I'm talking about art in general, not specific types of art. Also don't forget that our countries are pretty different in culture.
>>
>>73288999
I could say nearly the exact same thing in inverse, excluding the bullshit abut misery. It has nothing to do with your political persuasion.
>>
File: fuck_art_mane.jpg (82 KB, 625x628) Image search: [Google]
fuck_art_mane.jpg
82 KB, 625x628
>>
>>73291867
lmao okay man, whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>73291743
So at the end then?
>>
>>73291926
I think it's pretty clear that there is overlap between political affiliation and taste in art. Political affiliation is based on sub-culture, and each sub-culture has associated art.
>>
>>73287690
That's not true unless you consider "modern art" as a form of art than yes right wankers ain't into coan shaped snowman and shit
>>
Because they can't handle truth and facts.
>>
Liberals are definitely more artistic

I suppose not having a job frees up alot of brainpower to dedicate to art
>>
>>73291344
>hey i can lie on the internet

check out my solid gold rocket car nigga
>>
>>73292069
You know how people have hobbies that they do in their free time? Some people have the hobby of creating and consuming art.
>>
>>73292123
Man you are insecure as fuck, this is sad. Nothing I've said is rare or unbelievable.
>>
>>73292032
You didn't say taste in art, you were talking about art in general. Obviously it affects your taste in art, degenerate shit about twerkin' Dat booty and poppin' the pussy isn't going to appeal to me as it would to others.
>>
>>73287690
>Why is a field that is 99% worthless impoverished losers mostly made up of liberals
Wowwie gee I can't imagine.

More seriously it's because liberals are obsessed with novelty, and novelty-seekers do tend to be creative. That doesn't mean that what they create is good, however. For every one good idea a Liberal has, fifty stupid ideas are shot down by Conservatives. That is the dynamic our civilization has, and it works.
>>
There's a lot more variety among both art makers and consumers than your black or white thinking allows.
>>
>>73291743
This guy is either a great shitposter/baiter or mentally deficient. What a fucking faggot damn.
>>
>>73292129
Most liberal "artists" are jobless bums and they like it that way. They think it makes them more authentic somehow to be a rich kid playing at being poor on daddy's money.

It's rather pathetic really.
>>
File: winnie the pooh baseball game.jpg (83 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
winnie the pooh baseball game.jpg
83 KB, 960x720
>>73287690
meems
>>
>>73287690
they're into 'modern art' - the bullshit that resembles nothing and can be cranked out by talentless posers with grant money.

Artists with actual talent tend to be more mid to right.
>>
>>73292508
I know plenty of liberals with jobs who make music or art in their free time. I know some that do it for a career.
>>
I'm in art school, have been drawing my whole life, naturally talented, and prefer abstraction to realism, because it's more challenging imo.

I'm pretty conservative. Also, I'm the only guy at school who actually likes math.
>>
>>73292763
I live round the corner from an art college. I know what these faggots are like.
>>
>>73287690
>implying
conservative people only turned away from art when it started to have a degenarate ideology.
just look at the most popular singers of today, one more disgusting than the other
>>
File: o.jpg (46 KB, 403x409) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
46 KB, 403x409
>>73292651
>Artists with actual talent tend to be more mid to right.

Agreed.

>"“Britain is ready for a fascist leader… I think Britain could benefit from a fascist leader. After all, fascism is really nationalism… I believe very strongly in fascism, people have always responded with greater efficiency under a regimental leadership…Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars…You’ve got to have an extreme right front come up and sweep everything off its feet and tidy everything up.” -David Bowie
>>
File: art.jpg (321 KB, 1600x1094) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
321 KB, 1600x1094
>>73290210
Looks like something from TheOnion
>>
Artist here. Mostly abstract/collage. Have shows just about every month, sell enough work to pay rent every now and then, work as chef to pay the rest of the bills. when I was younger I was liberal, as I got older I went more and more libertarian, now pretty much full blown conservative. Have to go to many art shows to peddle my work. The absolute nonsense I must endure at these functions is staggering. I must be the only non bernout in the whole art community.
>>
Liberals are artistic

Conservatives are autistic
>>
>>73287690
>le artists are liberals
>showing starry night
You realize Van Gogh wanted to be a priest, right?
>>
File: 1462588806773.png (699 KB, 599x858) Image search: [Google]
1462588806773.png
699 KB, 599x858
>>73287690
As an ex-liberal, it makes them feel special and smart. Many of my lib friends would often imply they were smarter than conservatives because they are more "open" to art.

Its not true. They use art for image. Can't count how many times a liberal drones on about pseudo art. And "droning" is a key term- they will latch onto the same thing every other liberal likes if they think it gives them an image of being open minded and free thinking. You know the rampant pseudo artsy shit tumblr spews? Probably the best example of this all.

Don't know how the irony isn't lost on them.
>>
>>73292927
I went to a liberal arts college. Things change after college. You have to get a job, many of them stay liberal, and they still love art.
>>
>>73287690
why are NEETS into shitposting on 4chan more so than people with jobs?
>>
>>73293167
>The absolute nonsense I must endure at these functions is staggering
Got any stories for us anon?
>>
>>73293167
This (about art events)

I skipped on my friend's opening last night because I can't take these people anymore. It's not enough to be creative in art, they have to be chaotic in every aspect of their lives; yet, all of their stylish opinions sound the same to me.
>>
>>73288999
>When I was 19 I dealt with the misery that I had before and experienced consistent happiness for the first time in my life. This correlated with a newfound liberal ideology and a huge boost in creativity as well as appreciation for art.
You found religion, not a proper political doctrine. This is pathetic.
>>
File: unt-fem-shit-_8WEAQjQ84.jpg (60 KB, 600x321) Image search: [Google]
unt-fem-shit-_8WEAQjQ84.jpg
60 KB, 600x321
>>
>>73293306
>You have to get a job, many of them stay liberal, and they still love art.

Yeah but they're no longer artists because they find out that outside of their postmodern circlejerk no one is interested in a gallery full of high resolution pictures of their arseholes and their only other marketable skill is serving coffee.
>>
File: unt-fem-shit-5UWcAAdxui.jpg (71 KB, 600x321) Image search: [Google]
unt-fem-shit-5UWcAAdxui.jpg
71 KB, 600x321
>>
File: iur.jpg (681 KB, 1447x2098) Image search: [Google]
iur.jpg
681 KB, 1447x2098
>>73293457
>their life has to be a chaotic work of art
blame rimbaud
>>
>>73293306
"Art"

MICA is right near where I go to school. All of their art is fucking ugly and not aesthetically pleasing at all. It's all either abstract social commentary, or Jackson Pollack bullshit. Don't even get me started on the student "films"
>>
File: Picasso-26-1-Yves-Manciet.jpg (54 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Picasso-26-1-Yves-Manciet.jpg
54 KB, 640x360
>>73287690

I don't know if it's just because of where I grew up or what, but all the people I grew up with who turned into hardcore liberals never showed any interest in the arts. They're all into anime, these shitty screamo bands, and those stupid fucking comic book movies.

They wouldn't know fine art if it started jerking off in front of them in their room.
>>
>>73287690
Conservatives appreciate actual art that takes talent (classical music, excellent sculpture, etc.) Unfortunately, the kind of "art" that's hip today is talentless crap.
>>
>>73293557
You really have no interest in any kind of rational debate. I have no interest in debating someone like you who bases everything on emotions and hyperbole.
>>
Who /conservativeartist/ here? Feels fucking alienating, man.
>>
>>73287690
because art/listening to music/video games and similar to those, are a waste of time
>>
>>73293786
>Hyperbole

HAH!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/sarah-lucas-sticks-a-cigarette-up-her-bum-sculpture-to-represent-britain-at-venice-biennale-10226851.html
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (390 KB, 969x1200) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
390 KB, 969x1200
>>73293749
To be fair Picasso (or rublev desu) don't exactly constitute anything past entry level either.
>>
>>73287690
When you're broke (i.e. liberal) and can't buy it, you see it as this great exotic world you will never be a part of and it's fascinating.

When you have money (i.e. conservative) you see a bunch of pictures that don't look anything like their subjects and wonder why some retard thinks you'll pay more than 20 bucks for them and it's all super boring.

You will never find a self-made art collector for this reason, only aristocratic blue-bloods. In order to make enough money to be "into art" you have to have the kind of financial sense that makes you realize how retarded it is.
>>
>>73293885
When you take a minority and apply it to a much larger group which it doesn't apply to, you're exaggerating. Enjoy your weak trolling or stupidity, I can't tell which.
>>
>>73293815
I've never met a conservative who really cared about the arts, which kind of sucks. I'm more of a musicfag, but my options are usually either libcucks with some pretty damn refined taste one way or another, or conservatives that pull the "everything but rap and country" card. Or "everything but rap and metal."

It's kind of offsetting.
>>
>>73287690

Liberals love "art". Conservatives/right-wingers love ART.
>>
>>73294147
i wish i could paint clouds like that

I ruin a lot of painting because of shitty painted clouds
>>
File: iu.png (313 KB, 482x310) Image search: [Google]
iu.png
313 KB, 482x310
>>73293815
>alienated
>>
>>73294061
>minority

HAHA!

These people are representing countries. Art institutions are awaring them prizes. Their work is (somehow) worth millions.

For pictures of anal shincters, cans of the artist's shit, piles of literal rubbish that they get mad about when the cleaners mistake it for what it is and throw it away. They're designing publuc buildings, apearing on televisions, teaching at schools.

"minority". Fucking laughable.

You know what the real minority in art is these days? Art. The kind that you don't need a degree in wankery to "appreciate".
>>
>>73294057
>You will never find a self-made art collector for this reason, only aristocratic blue-bloods.
Yeah no. There's shitloads of new-rich art collectors that buy all kinds of gaudy shit because they want to seem cultured and flaunt their wealth.
>>
>>73294061
How much of a minority are they really though? I think it's a larger percentage than you would expect
>>
>>73287690
They're not into art at all. They're just into the image of being an artist.Basically they are just practicing a form of narcissism which requires little effort. They actually have no appreciation for beauty or aeshtetics, in fact I think they are jealous of beautiful art and hate it because they can't create it. Art to them is something that provokes a reaction and ultimately draws attention to themselves, because it's not about art it is about them. I studied art briefly and most people could not even draw to save themselves. But they could create works of abstraction and then write 3000 word essays on their shitty creations. Then these people graduate with top marks and become art teachers or even worse get artists grants that could be given to people with actual talent. We need to burn down all the modern art museums and art colleges and break the cycle. We need a revival of true Western art and architecture.
>>
File: 534.jpg (224 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
534.jpg
224 KB, 1200x1200
>>73287690
I'm a conservative and I adore art, I consider it to be one of the founding principals of humanity itself. Where we have existed, art has followed. I do feel though, that my taste is certainly different from the tastes of the degenerate liberals that infest modern art galleries and I would be ashamed to have anything I've made set beside the works of a liberal.

I feel that the answer, pertaining to the question as to why liberals are so adamant about art, is simple. Liberals enjoy being loud and known, few liberals are content to harbor their views internally and instead make it very well known that they are a liberal. Conservatives are far more soft spoken about their ideology and prefer to keep it as a small portion of a greater whole. This reflects on both liberal's and conservative's interest so liberals are more apt to express their interest in art.

But, we must remember this: The greatest pieces of art have always been created by people who are either apathetic towards ideology or people who were staunch conservatives. Very few pieces of quality, culture reflecting art have been made by liberals, showing that they constitute the idiotic majority of artist while the more conservative or crazy types are the elite of the field.

On my part that is speculation, as although I am well known in my area, I am neither world renowned or culturally renowned.
>>
>>73294692
You know that art isn't limited to people shoving things up their ass right? Most artists I know are musicians or girls who paint/draw as a hobby.
>>
>>73287690
Good art should be appreciated by everyone.
>>
Artists are usually poor fucks because they're not doing anything anyone wants to pay for. Therefore they're liberal because they want to use the government to take money from others and funnel it to them.
>>
>>73288002
you forgot modern art and pop art
>>
>>73294754
This makes the most sense to me. All of the performance pieces and ugly sculptures they try to pass off as art don't qualify...art is supposed to be visually beautiful. I don't think Pollack was a great artist, but I at least understand how someone could find his paintings nice looking
>>
>>73293557
>no one is interested in a gallery full of high resolution pictures of their arseholes
I'll not lie; if that's a thing, I kinda want to see it

>>73293786
What debate is there to be had? Those who use art as an outlet for their boredom, stress, etc have always been in a minority behind those who utilise sports or music for the same purpose.
As for appreciating art, many don't develop an interest as education about the greats (Titian, Raphael, Michelangelo) is far removed from anything they learn about in their state schools. Those who splurge millions on works of art, as I said earlier, tend to be landed gentry types or spendthrift New Money businessmen with a magpie-like desire to accumulate shiny status symbols. The same folk know it is in their interest to keep spending on similar works of modern art, because said works remain in the public eye ("Newsflash! Man spends £10m on cartoon of Elvis!") and thus do not depreciate in value.
At the other end of the scale there are the likes of yourself, whose lack of boundaries mean the same piece can double as toilet roll, dirty protest and means of income
>>
File: grimshaw.jpg (595 KB, 1437x1811) Image search: [Google]
grimshaw.jpg
595 KB, 1437x1811
>>73294787
This is now a /pol/ art thread.
>>
>>73294408
I don't get it.
>>
>>73291743
>And I stopped reading right there.
Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: 493.jpg (610 KB, 2081x1263) Image search: [Google]
493.jpg
610 KB, 2081x1263
>>73295043
Good idea.
>>
>>73287690
because interpreting bright colors on a canvas and projecting onto it until you can see your dick in the painting itself, is much easier than accepting reality.
>>
File: 470.jpg (3 MB, 2800x1232) Image search: [Google]
470.jpg
3 MB, 2800x1232
>>73295226
>>
>>73294808
>as a hobby.

There's the rub. There are kids in highschool who like to draw little stick men wars in their schoolbooks in maths.

This doesn't make them artists. Not really.
>>
File: 1378611514729.jpg (602 KB, 2000x1189) Image search: [Google]
1378611514729.jpg
602 KB, 2000x1189
>>
>>73294808
No, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me.

You also missed my point, and gave an answer indicating you don't want any form of discussion. You could have perhaps given statistics about art school graduate employment, or something along those lines
>>
>>73293557
>no one is interested in a gallery full of high resolution pictures of their arseholes

t. Hope Solo
>>
File: kollwitz-bread.jpg (306 KB, 1284x1658) Image search: [Google]
kollwitz-bread.jpg
306 KB, 1284x1658
>>73294787
>have always been created by people who are either apathetic towards ideology or people who were staunch conservatives.y
A few exeptions here and there. Kollwitz was quite the lefty but she still knew a few things about creating decent art.
>>
File: piero-manzoni-shit.jpg (39 KB, 340x358) Image search: [Google]
piero-manzoni-shit.jpg
39 KB, 340x358
>>73287690
Because the art pol is into wouldn't be in an art gallery. "Artists" these days prefer cans of shit.
Not joking. They literally will defecate in a can and call it art.
Pic related
>>
>>73294982
>I'll not lie; if that's a thing, I kinda want to see it

It's a thing and I've seen it. Hold on I'll see if I can find the article.
>>
File: 1462073495788.png (1 MB, 1036x726) Image search: [Google]
1462073495788.png
1 MB, 1036x726
>>73287690

From my experience, both right and left wing people are equally interested in art.

The difference with left-wingers is that they choose to make a career out of studying or performing/creating art, which admittedly would be fun, but it isn't exactly the most intelligent career choice.
>>
>>73291504
>>73291743
this board is getting to meta for me
>>
File: 525.jpg (173 KB, 777x900) Image search: [Google]
525.jpg
173 KB, 777x900
>>73295374
I did mention that there have been a few liberal artists worthy of praise. I can't help but to enjoy certain pieces of less traditional art.
>>
>>73294982
http://www.elmemeno.club/exposicion-de-arte-en-portugal-llamada-ojo-del-culo-vea-las-fotos/

There we go. A gallery full of high resolution pictures of arses.
>>
File: 515.jpg (196 KB, 1600x1106) Image search: [Google]
515.jpg
196 KB, 1600x1106
>>73295330
>>
File: folds.jpg (61 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
folds.jpg
61 KB, 500x750
>>73295557
>I did mention that there have been a few liberal artists worthy of praise
My bad then.
>>
>>73295362
it would be a meaningless statistic, not everyone who goes to art school becomes an artist, not every artist went to art school.
>>
>>73291867
t. Projection
>>
>>73287690
I wish I knew. I'm involved in the comedy scene in Chicago and it's fucking ridiculous. Every. Single. Fucking. Night. my fellow "artists" are literally just getting on stage and making jokes about A) Trump or B) White people.

Now I have NO problem with Trump or white people being joked about - being a trump supporter and a white person myself I don't take offense because I have a sense of humor. White people can be lame and hokey, and Trump comes off as an autist and he's a fucking character indeed. But the jokes are quite literally "I find it funny that us minorities haven't risen up and killed all the white people yet! [HUGE LAUGH]"

It's fucking hack at this point.

And I'm into the producing side of things just as much of artistic side, so I try to market shows and make comics some money. They refuse. One show I do is a free show, and the other producer simply refused to even have a bucket get passed around during the show for donations because that's "like taking people's money man, we can't just do that."

The fucker buys his weed with welfare money.

God dammit now I'm mad. I moved out here for this shit.

OP, I do not know why art people are fucking idiots. Conservatives, in my experience though, just like Big Band Theory and The Expendables. I think people are just shit. But now I'm mad at my life choices. Thank god I'm getting a job working with kids soon and I can get the hell away from this shitty art scene.
>>
File: 530.png (3 MB, 1600x1316) Image search: [Google]
530.png
3 MB, 1600x1316
>>73295777
>My bad then.
No issues mate.
>>
File: 1451449611097.png (374 KB, 481x686) Image search: [Google]
1451449611097.png
374 KB, 481x686
>>73294061
>>73293786

>When you take a minority and apply it to a much larger group which it doesn't apply to, you're exaggerating.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fucking artfags #BTFO
>>
>>73287690
Because if you get it right, it's easy money.

Liberals are lazy; they are not "into art", they just want the easiest job possible - chucking paint on a canvas and making up a story about it and getting £5m for it is anybody's dream but the liberal isn't so self-aware as to realise that's just fantasy.
>>
>>73295800
Don't bitch about not having productive discussion if you're not willing to do so yourself then
>>
>>73287690
They are usually into post-modern art - which is no art at all.
>>
>>73292878
>Challenging
>Literally art that requires no skill to produce since there is no way of getting it "wrong"

Whatever you say lad
>>
>>73295585
Is it wrong that I can't stop laughing?
>>
File: 1431921064009.png (391 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1431921064009.png
391 KB, 500x375
>>73296290
>why don't you give me meaningless statistics
>>
>>73287690
They aren't..

What kind of stupid bullshit is this thread.

Show some studies.
>>
>>73293890
All the work he did and the effect he had on art, despite whether it was good or bad, is pretty good considering it was on guy.
>>
>>73287690
I personally prefer sprite artwork that's confined down to a 16x16 pixel tile. In music, there's rhyme and meter; I somewhat want the pattern to be there like a music piece.

Pic related for example. Chrono trigger, my favorite video game; a lot can be expressed, but it's so confined to specific rules, that you have to work within those rules to paint a picture that's powerful, rather than having an infinite paintbrush; the artists worked within limitations and restrictions, and it produced true beauty, because the effort is part of the expression it wants to create.

>>73288999
You're actually right about "conservatives" being bitter people and rejecting right brained ideas. This is why I'm a national socialist; I'm socially minded, but my socialism works inward, where as liberal socialism goes outward. The french revolution was the worst thing for mankind, because it stripped people of their social tradition and replaced it with a synthetic social tradition called "Marxism"; for others, it was harder to do, so liberalism was invented to "Free the people"; people essentially dropped their social tradition to follow "Freedom" and "Liberty" and "Egalitarianism" and all that, but these people like the libertarians of yesterday are now supporting Marxists like Bernie Sanders. Libertarianism is the true middleman to communism.
>>
File: chrono3.jpg (660 KB, 1240x700) Image search: [Google]
chrono3.jpg
660 KB, 1240x700
>>73296565
forgot image
>>
>>73287690
>boom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
>>
File: What did he mean by this.jpg (77 KB, 692x462) Image search: [Google]
What did he mean by this.jpg
77 KB, 692x462
>>73296461
No, it isn't. In a strange way it has become art. This picture sums up modern art perfectly.
>>
>>73288500
You're fucking stupid.. The most popular art in the world is modern art.

Again.. Citation needed
>>
File: berniepinochet.jpg (83 KB, 960x577) Image search: [Google]
berniepinochet.jpg
83 KB, 960x577
>>73292878
>I'm pretty conservative. Also, I'm the only guy at school who actually likes math.

Sounds like a shit school.
>>
>>73287690
Conservatives like logical evidence and fact. They're not generally fans of aesthetics unless they mean something.

Liberals love fancy aesthetics even when it doesn't have a meaning or functional purpose
>>
File: Hitler on anatomy.jpg (23 KB, 438x544) Image search: [Google]
Hitler on anatomy.jpg
23 KB, 438x544
>>
>>73290210

Lock the doors, release the gas. Nothing of value is lost.
>>
>>73297089

god he sucked
>>
>>73296481
You didn't have to do that. You could have made a number of constructive points. But no, you decided to just sit around and be smug
>>
File: hitler-painting-3.jpg (131 KB, 1185x867) Image search: [Google]
hitler-painting-3.jpg
131 KB, 1185x867
>>73297298
He really struggled with the human form, much better at landscapes and such.
>>
>Implying meme magic is not art
>>
>>73297754

his perspective was ass
>>
>>73295083
alienation is good for artists
channel it
>>
>>73287690
Because feelings are for the weak
>>
>>73297887
That's one of the reasons he didn't get accepted into art school.
>>
>>73298122

>tfw wwII happened because hitler didn't read the damn sticky
>>
>>73287690
They're posers who love modernist degeneracy.

I have little interest in art in general, it all seems ludicrously pretentious to me. But even I can see the shite that passes for art these days is a complete farce.
>>
>>73298358
Pretty sure his purges of "degenerate art", banning some artists from exhibiting altogether and firing loads of professors was his personal vengeance against those who had rejected his genious.
>>
>>73297887
>>73298122
Why didn't he just say it was intentional? seems to work for other people
>>
>>73287690
I dont see how people who enjoy art are more liberal.

Tho the people working in the art industry are more liberal in general. This is natural because a big portion of the industry would die off without government funding
>>
File: hitlerart4.jpg (98 KB, 1092x813) Image search: [Google]
hitlerart4.jpg
98 KB, 1092x813
>>73299010
I assume the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna had some standards other than just knowledge of architecture.
>>
>>73287690
right wingers like traditional realist art because they want to see how skillful the artist is to really appreciate it

left wingers like to see modern art to meet art chicks there and pretend to like the visual jobby that laundered for 4.2 million
>>
>>73297887
Can you describe perspective in another way? I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Do you mean the paintings lacked the illusion of depth?
>>
>>73299476
>back in the day
>wanted to make actual art
>paint this
>don't get accepted in art academy

i wish it would be the same today as well
>>
>>73298122
Isn't the whole point of going to art school to improve?

>Yeah sorry you're not yet the next Leonardo da Vinci so we're not going to train you.
>>
>>73299709
>>73299732
See his attempt at human anatomy: >>73297089
When you lack knowledge of the basics they won't give you a spot at the Academy, they'll give it to somebody actually qualified instead.
>>
>>73299699

When drawing 3D objects and scenes, especially things like architecture, the lines moving away from the eye should all recede towards at least one vanishing point on the horizon line in a consistent way, to give the illusion of depth. It's hard to describe without pictures but think of standing on a straight railroad leading off to the horizon, eventually the two rails converge at one point.
>>
File: 462.jpg (3 MB, 3993x2387) Image search: [Google]
462.jpg
3 MB, 3993x2387
>>73300532
Does this painting use perspective and depth properly?

If so, how?
>>
File: perspective.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
perspective.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>73300827
>If so, how?
That's a rather weird question anon.
>>
>>73301180
The problem is that I understand it on a simple point like that, but on a much more complicated painting like the one above how does it apply?
>>
>>73291770
I know that feel.
>>
>>73301510

I think there's more 'eye' involved in things like natural formations since they obviously don't conform to the same kind of angles as things like architecture. The pic you posted still has a consistent horizon line and the curves of the lake would eventually converge if they kept going so yeah, I guess.
>>
>>73301510
The painting you posted looks fine to me (but I'm no expert).
But look at the one here >>73297754
Just look at the path in the foreground and how it kinda warps into... something. There simply something off about the entire picture. The individual components (vegetation, buildings etc) are all fine but the picture in total is just weird.
>>
>>73300827
Does it solve any real world problems? No. It's irrelevant, just like most art.
>>
>>73301886
>>73302089
Well, thank you both. I feel as if I understand it a bit better.
>>
>>73302092

>that nihilistic commie worldview

let based Scruton fill you in, anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
>>
>>73287690
Because they are fags
>>
>>73300532
Thats sorta what I was thinking about. Thnx
>>
>>73302092
Did you writing that post solve any real world problems? If not then it's irrelevant.
>>73302191
No prob
>>
>>73292032
"Art" means something entirely different to conservatives than it does to liberals.

I know conservatives who get just as enthusiastic about classic art, sculpting, woodwork, classical/folk/country music etc. than liberals get about their more abstract works.
>>
>>73294754
Will Trump make art great again?
>>
>>73287690
Libertarian here, I'm a music major and am pretty much obsessed with the arts. I've met some super liberals as well as super conservatives. Music doesn't have much to do with political affiliation. But most libtards who don't play an instrument are just pretentious fuckheads.
>>
File: light.jpg (673 KB, 1024x807) Image search: [Google]
light.jpg
673 KB, 1024x807
>>73302364
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
Thanks anon.
>>
>>73287905
fpbp
>>
File: 1444166686607.png (2 MB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
1444166686607.png
2 MB, 1024x678
>>
>>73303051
I think it depends greatly on the individual, as well. My gf is way more conservative than I am and she likes the more abstract stuff. But I really love classical art, woodwork, etc..
>>
Because liberals are faggots
>>
>>73287690
I don't know if they are. Art of all kinds is the expression of that which cannot be communicated easily using verbal language. Its mode of expression is visual and symbolic.

There is something ineffable, strange and beautiful in the human imagination and experience. It's a magical, holy spontaneity.

It's the grace of God, the infinite awesome beauty of the universe, a lover's gentle caress, the shining light of awareness in a newborn's eyes.

Art of all kinds is our attempt to speak without words our shared human experience.
>>
>>73287690
Shitty artists are generally liberals.

Profound artists are generally right wing.

This doesn't always hold, see Hitler.
>>
Because they can't do science and logic, since it takes higher form of abstract thinking.

Also, wasting paint on a canvas doesn't constitute art.
>>
I went to an art school, graduated about a decade ago due to being old fag, am presently making a decent living as an artist. Have been fairly conservative growing up, still am. Can't say the same for most of my peers. The fine arts and photography majors were mostly snowflake lefty weirdo trust fund babies. illustrators and computer animators had their shit more together, but not by much.

art school taught me to get along with people who held vastly differing ideologies, but it also taught me that most of those differing out there ideologies came from very maladjusted people who did not have their shit together.
>>
>>73305935
He was a shitty artist and a socialist; it holds.
>>
File: o4r85wrnOO1qz7t0xo1_1280.jpg (355 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
o4r85wrnOO1qz7t0xo1_1280.jpg
355 KB, 1280x1920
>>73287690
There's still hope, senpai
>>
>>73290210
Christ, did these peoples' parents never read them "the emperor's new clothes"?
>>
File: 1444154649945.jpg (4 MB, 4298x3165) Image search: [Google]
1444154649945.jpg
4 MB, 4298x3165
>>
Liberals cannot do objectivity.

Arts are subjective and based on opinion and regurgitation.

STEM requires coming up with the right fucking answer.

Which is why niggers and women suck at STEM, by and large.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.