[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paganism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 32
File: 7348348383999.jpg (174 KB, 680x470) Image search: [Google]
7348348383999.jpg
174 KB, 680x470
specifically north europe paganism. is it the ultimate redpill?

>pagan rome.
>rises to greatness
>jew gives them Christianity
>rome gets rekd
>>
are you sure you're not confused with pegging, burger?
>>
>>73274433
>are you sure you're not confused with pegging

did i trigger you in some way?

do you know what im talking about?
>>
No, atheism is the ultimate redpill.
>>
>>73272535
> Rome
> Pagan
sure thing, emo vampire shaman boy
>>
>>73274970
Not really, it breeds degeneracy quicker. At least with religions it has a set moral to it such as strong family and moral values
>>
>>73272535
Rome didn't fall because of Christianity. The Eastern Roman empire lasted until 1453 and they were Christians before the empire split in two.
>>
>>73275082
>> Rome
> Pagan
>sure thing, emo vampire shaman boy

they were though, Hellenic right?

im not talking about degenerate emos with dreads and shit.
>>
>>73275110
You don't need to pretend to believe in a deity you know is not real and attend medieval tier rituals to follow a moral code.
>>
>>73275110
THIS
>>
>>73272535
But European paganism is dead; it was wiped out by Christianty just like Islam tried to wipe out paganism in India, but failed.

The closest thing that is alive today and still has the same Proto-Indo-European religious roots is what is called "Hinduism", specifiically the cult of Lord Śiva

But I'm not telling you to put a dot between your eyes and chant or anything like that

Find a good book and learn about it, the best book I can recommend is Yoga Vashistha

When I say "yoga", don't think of any "yoga postures" or anything like that... all that is bullshit pop culture. Yoga has nothing to do with any gymnastics.

Basically the core truth in there is that consciousness is the substance of reality and that all reality emanates from consciousness, so there is no "external" reality really, it's only a projection.

These truths were the esoteric core of the European pagan traditions too, for instance, check into the Eleusinian Mysteries in Greece.

Dig deep anon, and you will find.
>>
>>73275082
What is the Great Conspiracy?
>>
>>73275252
Sadly most people aren't smart enough for that. They do need an invisible sky dad to not go full retard.
>>
>>73272535
how do i into hot pagan bitches?

seriously, if i meet a flowers-in-hair moon child semen demon to fuck who finds womens' make-up as unattractive as i do, i'll fucking sacrifice kangaroos to the the blood god or what the fuck ever every goddamn solstice for 100 years.
>>
>>73275337
If you're not doing evil only out of fear of divine punishment, can you even call yourself a good person?
>>
>>73272535
Rome used to be powerful when they allowed slavery into their empire. When rome became christian they abolished slavery and the army became weak.
>>
How does one even become a pagan?
You force yourself into believing in spirits and gods? Isn't there a part of you screaming "bullshit" inside you?
>>
>>73275389
Nope. But most of society is fucking stupid. We need a religion to keep population in check.
>>
>>73275282
>Proto-Indo-European
>Lord Śiva
nah, that's a substratum god

Yoga, meditation and most of other religious practices are likely to be borrowed into the Aryan system.
>>
>>73272535
Christianity's failing is its adherence to slave morality. A people who don't value aggrandizement and maintenance of their own before aid to others will die. That's why the strongest Christian societies are the most idolatrous, insular, and generally "unchristian".
>>
>>73275282
>But European paganism is dead; it was wiped out by Christianty

thats really the answer i was looking for. i couldnt find out whether it was completely gone or just reached low numbers. all i found were degenerates with tatoos.

>Find a good book and learn about it, the best book I can recommend is Yoga Vashistha

ty anon. you're english is really good btw.
>>
>>73275445
I guess you just read up about pagan religion of your choice and it somehow it makes more sense to you than praying to a jewish space zombie.
>>
>>73275252
Mate I understand where you're coming from, and I agree. What I mean is that despite it, the teachings hold up well. I'm agnostic, but sometimes its worth looking at this from another angle, instead of calling out the opposite of your belief merely because of that difference. Atheism is mainly communism, by the way and look at what happened. I don't know, I never really get into it so much but my guess is that when Atheism puts the individual at that 'ME ME ME' sort of ideal. I feel being Agnostic is the best way to view things like these, for you can't say for sure on or the other.. remember how one time not long ago where scientists said there was only 1 single galaxy? to find out 100s of millions were around? How the earth was 100% completely flat not too long ago? Just keep an open mind, brother
>>
File: 1351109667733.png (20 KB, 390x469) Image search: [Google]
1351109667733.png
20 KB, 390x469
>blaming Christianity for the fall of Rome when the far more Christian ERE survived for a thousand years after the West
>>
File: tips.jpg (52 KB, 690x566) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
52 KB, 690x566
>>73274970
Atheism is realizing that the existing explanations for existence are untrue and deciding that it somehow follows that there literally is no explanation.
It's making one baby step towards enlightenment and then neglecting to take any more because you're so busy patting yourself on the back for making the first one.
>>
>>73275619
I know a lot about Rodneverje, can relate to it metaphorically but this doesn't make me a Pagan.

It's simply an invention, I willfully participate in these old rituals while not taking them literally as did my forefathers. This is typical neo-paganism and I claim you can't be a non-neo pagan today.

>makes more sense to you than praying to a jewish space zombie
but it makes less sense than simply not praying to any of these gods
>>
File: 1386128121759.png (269 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
1386128121759.png
269 KB, 450x488
>>73275110
you Christcucks keep mistaking atheism for Judaism. anti-semitic atheism is best atheism
>>
>>73275214
Hellenic is not a pagan religion, it's what you call the people with greek influences or that are greek, like the successor states.
>>
File: 356835683569.jpg (169 KB, 680x470) Image search: [Google]
356835683569.jpg
169 KB, 680x470
>>73275357
>seriously, if i meet a flowers-in-hair moon child semen demon to fuck who finds womens' make-up as unattractive as i do, i'll fucking sacrifice kangaroos to the the blood god or what the fuck ever every goddamn solstice for 100 years.

kek'd. i know the feel m8
>>
>>73275899
>but it makes less sense than simply not praying to any of these gods
Many people simply have this strong need for some kind of spirituality. They feel a void they need to fill with something. For most people religion they were indoctrinated in fits the bill. Some are willing to experiment. Atheism isn't for everyone.
>>
>>73275801
What? And pass up another opportunity to blame something on the Jews?
>>
>>73272535
>religion
>red pill
Just start using your fucking brain once in a while.
>>
>>73275963
>Hellenic is not a pagan religion

how is it not? isnt the definition non Abrahamic religions? basically anything not jewish chrisitan islam.
>>
File: abo-sexy.jpg (47 KB, 752x540) Image search: [Google]
abo-sexy.jpg
47 KB, 752x540
>>73275357
Here is your pagan, bitch.
>>
>>73275306
It's Mithraism, the Romans were still worshipping him into the 3rd century. That's how barbarians made it past Hadrian's Wall, they were already worshipping Mithra.
>>
>>73276115
Because it's a word for greek people or people with greek ancestry, it has nothing to do with their religion.
>>
>>73275913
I never said I believed. I merely stated what we all already know as true, religious teachings have a way to keep a strong unity among others. I am agnostic, you do know that it means 'I don't know' right? Problem I have with Atheism is the lack of explanation to this God question, something other than
OTHER PLANETS N STUFF
SCIENCE SAYS SO!
UNIVERSE

I mean sure, thats why I am not religious, but even Stephen Hawking stated that science is still trying to find evidence to hold up for this

I don't see whats so hard about keeping an open mind since in truth we as a species don't actually know shit.. even in our own world we are still finding more and more species of animals, especially in the waters. Hell, we know more about space than we do about our world's oceans
>>
>>73276066
>For most people religion they were indoctrinated in fits the bill. Some are willing to experiment
I've distanced myself from Christianity long ago. I still find it important from the sociological point of view though. But again, that is how an atheist would look at it.

I am willing to experiment and that's what I do but I can't MAKE MYSELF into literally believing this. It always ends up as a metaphor or a nice way of looking at it but never as "the way things are".

I believe atheism is here to stay, we have robbed ourselves of our gods, we have stolen their lightning and captured it in our laboratories. We have surpassed many of the forces of nature that we have praised so heavily.
There is no way back
>>
>>73276338
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_religion

ok then do you have a better word for it? you know what im referring to. link related.
>>
>>73276366
The problem with religious explanations is that they are numerous and contridictorary. With Jahweh alone you have christianity, islam and judsaism and their thousends of splinter factions. All claiming to be the only true way, all as likely to be right as the rest. If you want to keep an "open mind" you need to be open for ALL posibilities, not just one you grew up with.
>>
File: saulužė.png (396 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
saulužė.png
396 KB, 333x500
>>73272535

Romuva-fag here.

Feels fucking good man. When religions ceremonies are actually about building communities, when the religion itself has strong roots in nationalism, a link with your land and your people is expressed just as much as the link with the Gods. Shit is build around ethnocentrism, hence not an expansionist religion like the Abrahamic religions, but building a belief of the importance of your people and your land as opposed to the cuckery of Christendom or the batshit insanity of Mudslimism.

So yes, I strongly believe that if these type of religions would be dominating European landscape we would definitely not have a cucked future like we do now, because the ideal of preserving YOUR people and tending to YOUR land with YOUR Gods would not allow the spread of libtardism to take over.
>>
File: modern pagans.jpg (53 KB, 1000x596) Image search: [Google]
modern pagans.jpg
53 KB, 1000x596
>>73272535
Neo-Paganism has been arond since the XIX cent and achieved nothing except of maybe some Black Metal. Neo-pagans are LARPers and half of them are Wicca-style feminist anti racist hippies.

And paganism lost to Christianity anyway.

Christian Roman Empire did not colapse in the East and was doing quite well for centuries, the collapse of Western Rome was not caused by Christianity, in fact if it hadn't been for Christian monks unwashed Germanic barbarians wouldn't even know how to write.

t. Atheist who likes both Catholic and pagan culture, but most of modern Church is cucked as fuck and pagans are fringe demented DnD kids usually.
>>
File: 1257489523393.gif (8 KB, 417x429) Image search: [Google]
1257489523393.gif
8 KB, 417x429
>>73276366
>I am agnostic, you do know that it means 'I literally cannot stop sucking cocks' right?

ftfy
>>
>>73276637
Yeah, absolutely! I admit, I never actually looked into Paganism, perhaps I shall do in the near future.
>>73276756
You caught me
>>
>>73275899
Of course you can't be a non neo-pagan, the tradition wasn't 'revived' until 150 years ago and very little is known about it. I'd imagine the best way to get into it would be to go to bronze and iron age sites and try to imagine what they would have used the space for (archaeologists do this). Generally bringing your lifestyle closer to ancient peoples with more hunting/gethering and growing your own food might help. Anything else with names/rituals etc is absurd. But then so is any religion apparently.
>>
>>73276728

I can smell foul vagina from my screen
>>
>>73272535

Christianity was a good thing for Rome desu
>>
>>73276616
It's not like anyone outside the common pleb actually worshipped Zeus or whatever, they were platonists or atomists or whatever, both of which survive today in Christianity and Judaism/atheism respectively.
>>
>>73276858
>no explanation to the God question

Yeah but this is whats wrong with your perspective, you don't realise that the God question isn't even a reasonable postulate in the first place. God is a human construct born out of our mortality and self awareness, and its ridiculou to apply this concept to a cosmic question of how the universe began.
>>
>>73276858
>perhaps I shall do in the near future
That's way to much work than you think it is. Man doesn't live long enought to fully grasp all posible versions of christianity alone. Just look at gnostics and their numerous versions. At nestorians, ebonites and all those unnamed sects from the very begining of christianity who probably didn't even belive in phisical Jesus. With milions of just unlikely posibilities atheism isn't about being sure all of them are wrong. It's about being sure that praboblity of any of them being right is too small to even take seriously.
>>
File: laughingmodels.webm (3 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
laughingmodels.webm
3 MB, 1080x1080
well the pagans overstretched the empire desu, so they are responsible for its fall right ?
>>
>>7327669
thats awesome

my family is english but i dont think they have any real remnants of the pre Christan ways.

>>73276875
. > the tradition wasn't 'revived' until 150 years ago and very little is known about it.

thats the problem tbqh. the "neo pagan" people today are just degenerates pretending to know what it was about.
>>
>>73272535
>Specifically north europe paganism

Mentions rome as example...
These two things have nothing in common.
>>
>>73277162
Christianity was to ancient rome the same thing that islam is to western europe now. Desert religions taking over aren't a cause but they definitely are a symptom of a larger problem at work. And they definitly don't help.
>>
>>73277256
>the "neo pagan" people today are just degenerates pretending to know what it was about
This, there's much left for speculation. People shove in their own ideologies, look what Wiccanism did to the Celtic paganism.
>>
>>73277326
yea bad example. i just kinda threw it in there
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-06-22-10-00.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-06-22-10-00.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>73275602
Once again: required reading for anyone interested in Northern European heathenism.

Almost the only book you need, although it's good to read from many sources

There's a free version of it in an archive:
https://archive.org/details/TheAsatruEddaSacredLoreOfTheNorth
>>
>>73276696
Ką manai, apie tuos, kurie ten pvz. Vilniuj šūkalioja "hare-rama-rama-krišna" oranžinius vegetarus-balvonus?
>>
>>73276696
This.

Btw the pagan gods are real. I have had direct communion with Woden.
>>
>>73277125
Perhaps so. I noticed that it could of been conjured up to ease people from fearing death and such, could be wrong though. Don't know, if you have the time to jump into all this then by all means do it, but it's not really for me. I gladly add what I know though.

>>73277135
True, by this thread alone it seems like there is a vast ocean of branches that I most likely will not ever hear again outside this page. As for it being the reason for atheism, you told me a reason I can actually grasp better than most simple answers. I appreciate it. Never know though, right? I'm just one of those guys
>>
>>73275181
>byzantine cucks
>true romans
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>73277529

Irelevantiški durneliai, bet kai išgirstu, tai galvoj ilgą laiką skamba.

DARŽOVĖS LMAO
>>
>>73276875
You can be a non neo-pagan. It typically involves a family tradition, however. Of course, if we are talking about European paganism exclusively, that is much more difficult, as the persecution of pagans there was much more thorough. I know far more about the Polynesian paganism of my father's side of the family than about the Scandinavian paganism of my mother's side. They really arent that different, though. You get some folk lore, learn your place beside your ancestors, and read a bunch of old poetry or have it sang to you.
>>
>>73277664

You must go back to shitfuckistan, achmed.
>>
>>73277517
What is this book? The only Eddas we read growing up were the poetic and prose eddas, not some bullshit invented by "asatru".
>>
>jews giving anyone christianity
what is this meme
>>
>>73277784
>Polynesian paganism of my father's side of the family than about the Scandinavian paganism of my mother's side.

subtle bait
>>
>>73277958
Wasn't Paul a jew?
>>
>>73277975
The best part is that she is Swedish. XD
>>
>>73277885
It's a work put together from other Edda's, skaldic poetry, and other original sources, leaning much on the work of Viktor Rydberg, who did a lot of academic footwork in the 1800s to see connections between regional stories and histories and put together a more coherent picture of why we're presented with the beliefs the way we are today.

Sources like Snorri Sturlesson are slightly used obviously but it's understood that he was writing for Christians and his incongruous versions of stories are discarded in favor of earlier sources and versions of the stories

The Norroena Society explains how they chose and used their sources, and there's a full bibliography if you're interested
>>
>>73277989
Was. That's my point. Jews didn't want to give anyone Christianity and if Jesus and his Apostles had their way there wouldn't be anymore Jews.
>>
Paganism is just a way to scare your kids into doing or not doing something
>don't go to that forest, forest god will take you away
>don't go to water alone or water spirit eats you
>>
>>73278213
Weren't Jesus and his apostles (if they existed) jews too?
>>
>>73278171
Anything leaning on Viktor Rydberg is romanticized nonsense. I am happy to hear that it has been a positive influence in your life, by Rydberg was a charlatan. His "insights" were speculative fiction.
>>
File: 20160501_102846.jpg (1 MB, 2120x992) Image search: [Google]
20160501_102846.jpg
1 MB, 2120x992
European paganism will never die until the people die. Christians like to imagine that paganism is just a differ form of Christianity when in reality it's a completely different mindset.

It's not a religion that gets "practiced" like the neopagans do and it's not defined by a set of dogmas or beliefs.

pic related
>>
File: 43242342.jpg (41 KB, 250x318) Image search: [Google]
43242342.jpg
41 KB, 250x318
>>73278278
Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
>>
File: What women want.jpg (90 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
What women want.jpg
90 KB, 500x375
>>73272535
Everyone claims to have the ultimate redpill

Here is the ultimate redpill: this is the ideal man
>>
>>73272535
>specifically north europe paganism
>pagan rome.
?
>>
>>73278474
She's a woman now, shitlord!
>>
>>73278298
They were Israelites, yes.

But Christianity is a rejection of the world, judaism, and all paganism is the worship of the world, of men, of temperament etc. While christianity is a frothing hatred of the ugly distorted world.
>>
File: avgvstvs sails.jpg (214 KB, 1500x1137) Image search: [Google]
avgvstvs sails.jpg
214 KB, 1500x1137
>>73272535
Christian Rome is best Rome desu.
>III century AD, Rome fucked up to the guts
>IV, Constantinus the Great
>Rome starts raising again, even with shit emperors.
>Rome so fucked up since the death of Commodus that lasts more than any human can believe thanks to christianity.

U just have to see the ERE/Byzantine, Roma lasted more than a millenia with christianity, just imagine if Augustus adopted it when he raises as emperor.
>>
>>73277734
http://www.slaptai.lt/index.php/zvalgyba-kontrzvalgyba/5227-mirstu-uz-tevyne-kuria-taip-mylejau.html
Mano giminės istorijos dalis.
Nuo to laiko pšekų nekenčiu.
>>
File: 1.png (87 KB, 534x592) Image search: [Google]
1.png
87 KB, 534x592
>>73278568
Gnostics pls go.
>>
File: Krampus.jpg (399 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Krampus.jpg
399 KB, 700x700
>>73278420
Well yeah paganism is just less preachy and it focuses on the direct cause
Abrahamic religions are retarded because they all focus in after-life
>>
>needing to follow a mundane ritual devoted to some cool sounding mythological being

You're part of the problem, you're just as bad as any religious and atheist moron who can't see the bigger picture. Try doing what's necessary or right without jerking over your flavour of the week "pagan" god.
>>
>>73278515
yea it wasnt a good example. i just didnt want to leave my post empty kek
>>
>>73277534
Really?
What did he say?
>>
>>73278420

Your words are as empty as your soul!! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you.
>>
>>73278637
No, this is common to christian esotericism, mysticism and the more "elite" mode of worship.

Popular christianity does not expand on these ideas (though they are definitely there) because it is as our Lord has said not necessary for salvation or to lead a good life, but those who study, the monks are acutely aware of this.
>>
>>73278691
/x/pill
Krampus was real.
Reptilians and other spirits love to feed off children's energy.
>>
>>73276728
Been pagan most of my life and I can say that Wiccans are THE worst thing ever. Most of the ones I know are fat, hairy broads who are really into LARPing.

Wicca was founded on the principle of being a reaction to Muh Patriarchy male God domination and so Feminists and SocJus cucks flock to it.

I accept that in some strange way they are pagan but as a friend of mine once termed them they are 'playgans' kids who watched The Craft or Charmed and decided that shit looked cool. Rather than honoring one's ancestors and the Gods of our forebearers.

I'll keep my faith separate from everything I do. It's for me and me alone.

Oh and just to clarify, no I was never christian or any other religion.
>>
File: joulupukki.jpg (205 KB, 960x667) Image search: [Google]
joulupukki.jpg
205 KB, 960x667
>>73278838
/x/pill, Santa is real and lives in Finland, he kidnapped the bad children and made his factory out of their skulls, he was just tamed a by a little shaman boy and so he became good and started giving presents to good children
>>
>>73278770
Any mode of religion aside of this practised by wide population is worthless. Religion is here to keep people from abandoning traditional values. Autistic monks and schizophrenic mystics can pray to a lionheaded snake if they want. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>73278415
Paganism is and will always be the religion of the people. The serfs, the peasants, the low-born, the rabble. Oh sure the high and mighty may pay lip service but they'll never have the connection the folk do.
>>
>>73272535

Read the City of God as it addresses precisely your point. Empires rise and fall but the Church is eternal.

The pagan gods are gone. We killed them. There are no pagans anymore and only obese LARPers talk about "resurrecting" these vanquished demons.
>>
>>73278933
>Been pagan most of my life

yeah but... what kind. and what does it entail.

from what ive found. atleast concerning north europe paganism is there isnt really much known about it. its nearly all speculation.
>>
>>73278357
He's not perfect, but I'd hardly call his insights "speculative fiction". The criticism mixes with the praise for his work, and having read some myself I was impressed, although like all scholars of his era he made certain leaps that might not be considered especially rigorous today, despite their plausibility.

Anyway, the Asatru Edda isn't all Rydberg, but it paints a much more detailed and coherent picture of the mythology than any other book on the subject that I've read so far
>>
>>73279023
Then popular christianity is the best, as is it based in self-sacrifice, the foundation of any community.
>>
File: feelropa.jpg (33 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
feelropa.jpg
33 KB, 355x236
>>73278624

Neseniai su teta, kuri niekad taip ir nevedė, kalbėjome apie jos gyvenimo meilę, kuris išėjo į miškus partizananu ir nebegrįžo. Jau partizaniniam pasipriešinimui gerai įsisiūbavus, sakė, kad dar kartą slapta buvo susitikę. Sunkiai rinkadam žodžius papasakojo, apie jų paskutinį pokalbį.

20 amžiaus vidurys nušlavė didelę dalį mūsų tautos šviesiausių ir geriausių.
>>
>>73279212
This is an English board, fuck off with your potato language.
>>
>>73278933
It's sad, with all of the bad examples of the adherents, it seems as though the only good pagan is a silent, invisible pagan.
>>
>>73278415
>Community

Future Marxists are going to use Paganism. Screenshot this.
>>
>>73279088
>Read the City of God as it addresses precisely your point. Empires rise and fall but the Church is eternal.
Exactly. Church is just a parasite feeding on the west. When the west will die church will just switch to different host.
>>
File: B_8Hq79U0AA4V02.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
B_8Hq79U0AA4V02.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>73278420
kek Poland, you are already my favorite country
>>
File: 102-riga-lettonie.jpg (263 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
102-riga-lettonie.jpg
263 KB, 533x800
>>73279291
chill m8. you dont have to cuck yourself everywhere with english.

side note: why does latvia never post? i see esti and Lithuania all the time.
>>
>>73279148
Whatever works for you, man. I was raised with a folk tradition from the old country, and we never had any need for a "complete tradition". Thats the kind of post-Christian thinking that there is little reason to believe existed. Folks honor their ancestors, have some intuitions about their place in the world, fear and respect natural powers, and live their life until they die.

Anything more complicated than that probably cannot lay any honest claim to heritage. Ive yet to meet somebody claiming to be "asatru" who wasnt almost entirely full of shit. I just have to laugh at them. My great grandfather would have thought they were soft men playing make believe.
>>
File: 1462028977471.jpg (234 KB, 800x1360) Image search: [Google]
1462028977471.jpg
234 KB, 800x1360
Every thread has these comments
>>
>>73279291
Based Lithuania.
We'll have a Lithuanian mayor after the Muslim one. It'll be a step up.
>>
>>73278112
why are Americans the first to pick up on the most tenuous ethnic links/background and blow it out of proportion into some kind of fairground exhibit? Its debased as fuck and makes you all look like desperate try hards who have no culture or personality of your own. You are always the first to make bullshit claims like 'loads of people in Cornwall speak cornish regularly' or 'when I visited Wales everyone spoke welsh to one another and not English'. I don't fucking get it lol.
>>
>>73279121
Depends on whom you ask. For me it's about a personal relationship with the Gods. I keep my method simple, nothing grandiose or overly complicated since the majority of pagans were poor country folk.

You aren't required to follow any set of rituals. Unlike the Wiccans who draw their rites almost exclusively from the teachings of The Golden Dawn, that being where Gerald Gardner (the man who founded wicca) learned it. If you're ever curious, look into the GD. Their method was highly ritualized though more focused on the Jewish God and the Egyptian gods. There are a few surviving groups that sprung out of the GD - the OTO (ordo templi orientis), the thelemites (Crowley's attempt at a religion), and the OTA (Ordo Templi Astarte, who focuses more on the Phoencian Gods).
>>
>>73272535

The worship of anything feminine, which is at the heart of all paganism, can NEVER be red pill.

Go home you mommy worshiping nit wit.
>>
>>73272535
Kek
>>
>>73279514
You are an idiot, the litteral structure lf the west is christian, there is a reason Christianity survived in Spain.
>>
>>73279660
Luther go home. You butchered the canon.
>>
>>73279305
It's the ones who just keep on keepin' on as they say. Pagans come in many shapes and sizes, though most are loathe to admit it for fear of being ostracized. Not like in a paranoid "OY VEY ITS ANUDDA SALEM" but in more of being ostracized by people. Treated like typhoid mary. "That kids a devil worshiper" Shit like that.
>>
>>73279454
When the history's been put through the shredder, you collect what you can

I don't treat the Edda as a bible, and they didn't intend for it to be one. I don't try to make up pretentious rituals or anything, but it's a solid introduction to the worldview.

Honestly I agree with you, and paganism as a tradition today is more of a ghost than anything, but it's the closest I'll get to what my ancestors believed for thousands of years before Christianity
>>
>>73279626
>his mother is from Sweden and his father is Kanaka Maoli, what a fucking poser, he doesnt have any connection to his past through his immediate relations

This is why everybody calls you a cuck, Nigel. You have entirely forgotten your ancestors, even your immediate ones. You have shit on everything you have inherited, discarded your history, and are otherwise so entirely divorced from the past and from yourself that even a direct connection with somebody's mother and father is considered "tenuous".

I dont know what say, Nigel. I look at you and I just cant comprehend how a person can become so empty. Must be the weather, eh?
>>
>>73279023
>Religion is here to keep people from abandoning traditional values
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>73279626
we lack identity. that's the simplest answer.

dont even reply to the cuck that just gave you a (you) hes baiting.
>>
>>73279597
you'll have a sultan after this one m8
>>
>>73275282
>don't think of any "yoga postures" or anything like that... all that is bullshit pop culture

U wot m8

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>73279291

Fair enough, fair enough. Was a bit of an off-topic thing anyway.

>>73279450
Nah, to be fair he had a point. I love my language to bits, but we should stay in English while on this Sudanese Stamp collector forum.

Latvians are quite common. I think there are fewer Latvian posters in general, but those guys seem to churn out quite a lot of posts in threads that they do go on.
>>
>>73279883
It's not. But this is the simple, shallow folk religion. Anything deeper is pointless.
>>
>>73279912
>your immediate blood relatives are tenuous ethnic links

You may lack an identity sir, but I do not. Perhaps if you spent more time with your family it wouldnt be an issue for you.
>>
>>73279313
Not likely. Marxism was rooted in atheism since Marx himself was an atheist. As I understand it, the intention was for the government run by 'the people' to become the god-parent for the masses.

That's not to say that drum-circle dread lock wearing leftist hippie faggots don't infest Paganism. Their being either the children of hippies or want to be hippies themselves. I've seen some real degenerate behavior coming from self-professed pagans and it sickens me. Screaming about weed and 'free love' as if it's still the god damn 60s.
>>
>>73279797
>3083

"You are an idiot, the literal structure of the West is Muslim, there is a reason Islam survived in Germany."
>>
>>73272535
Rome got rekt because of pagan fucking savages that wouldn't integrate just like the muslims invaders today. Too much snownigger immigration destroyed them like the muslim immigration will destroy us.
>>
>>73279912
Most the western world has an identity problem but people in Britain don't really stress their ancient heritage or have anglo-saxon scrolls/swords or viking hammers hanging everywhere. Even China which had decades of systemaitcally destroying its culture now doesn't even give much of a fuck apart from rich collectors buying chinese antiquities. I dunno its weird havign pretty much all of my american friends over the years and in uni be so obsessed with heritage and bring it up when most brits never even mention it or might say which town their parents came from.
>>
>>73280204
Rome got rekt because of constant civil war and an unstable political system. Also the idea of calling their enemies pagan fucking savages is ironic. You're aware that Rome was originally pagan as well right? Or that many of those Germanic peoples had converted to Christianity, albeit sometimes heterodox Christianity such as Arianism?
>>
>>73280123

I can see you now, sitting around the hearth with your father as he sacrifices to the Lares of the house.

Faggot.
>>
>>73279912
More like a lack of indiviual cultural identity. We are, as it has been so often said, a melting pot. Many kinds of people have moved here, integrated, and melded into what it means to be American.

Britain is only now getting an solid grasp on what it means to have more than one culture and it's killing them. The same with Germany and other European countries. I feel sorry for them to be honest. I loved visiting England and Scotland. It felt like, home.
>>
>>73274970
don't you have a KOD rally to attend, faggot
>>
>>73280310
Not likely, given that my father is dead, and in any case was not European.

Your problem is that you cannot imagine somebody having a healthy sense of who they are without them also being irritating, anachronistic assholes about it. That says a lot more about your own weak sense of self than anything else. I am really sorry you find the fulfillment of others so angering.
>>
>>73280372
Why would honest to god atheist want islamic shitskins over here? We have enough problems as it is.
>>
>>73279313
That's unlikely, considering that according to the screenshot you quoted, you can draw a parallel between monotheism and globalism. Which is what the Marxists are trying to achieve.

Future Marxists are going to use Islam. Screenshot this.
>>
>>73280330
i agree

>I loved visiting England and Scotland. It felt like, home.

hoping to do the same.
>>
>>73280585
They'll apologize for Islam but as I said, Marxist philosophy was rooted in atheism. If anything they'd be forced to convert to Islam or die. That's really about it.
>>
>>73280611
Do us a favour and don't bother.
>>
>>73279626
The problem with Americans is that we really don't have a shared ancestral identity. Whites here are from all over Europe. Our history as Americans is a couple hundred years old at best.
So those of us with recent ties to Europe (immediate family immigrated) or a strong bloodline from a particular nation (for example, my genealogy is entirely Scots-Irish) will tie our identity off to that, because the American identity has been so diluted and eroded by the left.
It's also why some of us identify so strongly with our state. Our nation has destroyed its own identity, so we look for something else.
>>
File: 74843799.jpg (46 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
74843799.jpg
46 KB, 600x396
>>73275445

Pagans are like the Wiccans of classical antiquity. big losers.

>>73276728

Also this.
>>
File: 1462440115829.jpg (16 KB, 269x313) Image search: [Google]
1462440115829.jpg
16 KB, 269x313
>>73280868
>Do us a favour and don't bother.
yea, should save space for mehmet i suppose.
>>
>>73281108

We wuz bretons n shiet dawg y'feel me 4 real god dam honkeys
>>
File: wew.png (117 KB, 835x601) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
117 KB, 835x601
>>73281238
im literally more british than native brits.
pretty sad desu
>>
I was raised Protestant by my parents but ended up been sent to a Catholic school and got taught about Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism, quickly I became agnostic and finally a few years later an Atheist.

However the years went by after school and I found myself question many things, looking for answers that science could not give me, at least not yet. Finally I slowly came around to the idea there must be an Alpha/Omega Conceptual being. The only issue I had was what does it want so I turned to look for evidance in the world I looked for societies that had prospered surly a being such as "God" would help those whom help themselves? In the end I never figured out the mystery of faith so instead now I simply live as well as I can according to the cultures that built a better world from the barbarism it was in.

So now I still pray, recite the lords prayer and so on, I try my best to follow what I was taught as a boy but I try to do it low key. Im firm in the belief that a truly pious man is huble, I will act without revealing myself, I will act according to what I believe God has shown me is just, Do not seek praise, do not seek reward, The Lord our God shall give you what you have earned when you time comes, be it good or bad.
>>
>>73278746
that you're a faggot
>>
>>73279450

Here i am

>The only Latvian rich enough to own a pc AND internet connection
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.