[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minimum Wage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 19
File: low-wage.png (570 KB, 4933x4811) Image search: [Google]
low-wage.png
570 KB, 4933x4811
I need some reasons why minimum wage is good and needed.
>>
>there are people over the age of 23 working on minimum wage

holy shit
>>
>>73266634
inflation has outgrown the minimum wage
>>
>>73266676
Blame the Jews
>>
>>73266676
this
>>
>>73266740
what does that mean? i'm not really educated in economics...
>>
>>73266847
America's production was scaled up with wages in the 1940-60s. Meaning if production went up, wages also went up. From around the 80s till present, production increased but wages stayed the same.

Thank you globalization
>>
>>73266676
Of course there are. The myth of "work minimum wage job til they give you something higher up the ladder" is just that, a myth. People in minimum wage tend to stay there. Dysfunctional economies have a poaching scheme whereby companies fight over the same pool of skilled labor and do little or no training, ensuring a long term economic bottleneck in the name of reducing short term labor costs.
>>
>>73266634
people werent supposed to live on minimum wage. you work while going to school to learn skills to get a better job you faggots. "oh boo hoo i cant raise mah five chilrens on minimum wage" well if you have kids with no other skills than minimum wage to support then you fucked up. YOU LOSE. YOUVE PLAYED YOURSELF.
youve condemned them to die of starvation because you couldnt keep it in your pants. we will not subsidize your bad decisions. fuck off and die you parasitic scum
>>
>>73266847
CEOs vote to raise their salary every other year
Board of governors vote to raise their salary every other year
Administrators of universities vote to raise their salary every other year
Congress votes to raise their salary every other year
The average Joe worker votes to raise their—o wait, no they fucking don't, they can't and have been earning pretty much the same wages since the 19 fucking 70s despite the cost of living rising sharply since then.
>>
>>73266634
It's not

If you're trying to support a family on minimum wage you have nobody to blame but yourself
>>
>>73267014
this guy fucking gets it
>>
>>73266676
nigguh was you born yesterday
>>
>>73266634

See

>>73264599
>>
>>73267076

Wrong post.
>>73263828
>>
>>73266962
>calling someone who works off their ass on minimum wage parasitic scum

Are you retarded or just pretending to be
>>
>>73266634
>56% are women
Why do they feel the need to mention this? Is it to whiteknight?
>>
>>73266847
it means the kikes kept printing more money so the value of each individual dollar goes down but the minimum wage itself stays the same so they earn less and less.
>>
File: g2SFYfc.gif (681 KB, 245x135) Image search: [Google]
g2SFYfc.gif
681 KB, 245x135
This isn't an issue with the minimum wage, it's an issue with our economy. Too much outsourcing has forced our own average wages down because employers can't justify paying an American $15 an hour when he can pay Pajeet or Zhang Wei $3 an hour because those countries are shitholes filled with shitty people and shitty governments who don't give a fuck whether or not their people earn a 'livable wage' or not.

The solution is not raising the minimum wage; it's far more complex than that.
>>
>>73267136
they are when they expect the government to make up the difference on what they need to feed their kids. shouldnt have a family if you cant support them on their own.
>>
>>73267014
That's bullshit though. Companies don't really bother with teaching employees, rather they fight for the few educated professionals that exist.

Meaning that if your parents weren't able to support you enough to get a decent education you're just fucked.

Also, what the fuck is up with people who call themselves conservative not having respect for minimum wage workers. Shame on you. You're no conservative, you're a meme.
>>
>>73266676

hey look, he finally left his room
>>
>>73267267
>The solution is not raising the minimum wage; it's far more complex than that.
nice try shekelstein.
>>
>>73267194
Was just thinking
>>
>>73266988
the average joe isnt a retard with no skills working for minimum wage
>>
>>73267136
this
>>
>>73267136
They are.
What this image fails to point out is that the most underemployed group in america are people under the age of 25, because these fuck ups are filling their jobs.
>>
>>73267316
Because it's been Jews fighting to keep the minimum wage where it is?

k
>>
i am not supporting minimum wage
the only thing that bothers me are all the
"shit jobs that nobody wants to do but require a fulltime 40h minimum week"
obviously nobody wants to shovel shit midsummer for 8 hours a day
ESPECIALLY if you don't get paid enough to afford an appartement and food
WITH minimum wage you can at least make people bend over and accept such a shit job, granted it pays enough to live
but without minimum wage, who is going to do it? nobody, yet somebody HAS to do it and we are far from robots taking over such tasks

wat do?
>>
>>73267304
youd think germcucks would know better about having a welfare state considering yours has made your country ripe for the plundering by the muslims. you have no room to talk.
>>
>>73266634
Related.
>>
>>73267194
>>73267324
Because 28% of that figure have children, probably without fathers, you mouthbreathers
>>
>being 36 years old and on minimum wage
How is this possible?
>>
>>73267423
put those fucking Muslims you are importing into work camps. When you are done with them I suggest gassing them.
>>
>>73266634
Higher average pay = higher priced items
So really, these mcdonald workers will effectively be in the same position as they first had
>>
>>73267304
The thing is that YOU are supposed to be responsible for YOUR well being and the well being of your loved ones. Whenever you do nothing but the minimum and then just blame corporations for not paying you more or training you THEN YOU fucked up.

At any job you give 110% and if doing that doesn't get you anything you fucking ask.

Jesus Christ you sound like all those liberal faggots that think they deserve everything in this highly HIGHLY competitive work force just for being born.
>>
>>73266799
>>73266838
>>73266960
>>73267059
>>73267307
But seriously, didn't you all work in retail as teenagers? That's the only age group that should work such shitty jobs, to save money and to develop a work ethic.

You work such shitty jobs when very young to say "boy, I better study hard to make sure I'm out of here ASAP"

Pick a degree that is in demand, develop skills in your own time that are in demand, and by age 23 you will walk into a job that pays AT LEAST double the minimum wage at the starting level...

so many history and sociology guys with low grade degrees blaming the "evil system" ..urgh.
>>
>>73267426
Oh shut up and educate yourself my fellow American. Back in the baby boomer days, companies actually trained Americans so that this bullshit 5 year experience for entry level job standards were not in place. They don't do that anymore because of chinks and pooinloos
>>
>>73267614
Parents stole identity, can't afford college anymore or get loans. Studying for an engineering degree.

College isn't an option anymore, so I'm indefinitely working minimum wage.
>>
>>73267442
>>73266923
combine these two and you get the general idea and see how its a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't scenario (at least with rapidly raising the minimum wage to $15 overnight)
>>
>>73266634
Why should employers be forced to pay more than their employees are worth? If their prospects are that low, then they shouldn't have had kids. A higher minimum wage would result in automation, too. McDonald's would just do that.
>>
>>73267445
Perhaps they should stop being whores then.
You can afford condoms on minimum wage.
>>
>>73267573
that would be a dream scenario but I was talking about something more realistic, fellow bürger
>>
Let's assume I am currently earning $15 per hour, which is around double the minimum wage.

What do you think will happen to my wage when $15 becomes the new minimum? Are we expecting mine to double as well?
>>
>>73267694
>men aren't responsible for being dead beat dads
>>
>>73267616
doesnt explain why its cool for the government taking peoples money to support idiots who try to raise kids on minimum wage. dont have kids before youre married, and dont be a single parent. its not difficult to not be a degenerate.
>>
>>73267588
wont happen before mcdonalds lays off workers and becomes more efficient which im all for.
>>
>>73267445
>want to be strong independent woman
>cant even make a living
Should have used contraception or should have married. Besides, there is still no reason to mention that 56% are women other than muh vagina, there's single fathers as well and there is no mention of your assumption that they are single moms, meaning that your assumption can be discarded.
>>
>>73267725
>Men get no say in abortion
>So it's their fault if the woman chooses to keep the kid.
>>
>>73267737
>its not difficult to not be a degenerate.
It seems it is incredibly difficult for most people.
>>
>>73266634
Minimum wage is fantastic, it means small businesses (my competitors) can't compete. Or if they can, it means they have to hire the third world and employ them instead, which means they come out of poverty. Win-win for me either way.
>>
>>73266960
>The myth of "work minimum wage job til they give you something higher up the ladder" is just that, a myth.
Hint: The only reason it's a myth isn't the lack of upward mobility. It's the people who are 40 years old and working at a minimum wage job is obviously doing the base minimum
>>
What about people who work full time, REALLY hard at there work and get minimum wage? what if they work almost everyday for most of their days? if someone works hard, do u think they should get paid more, or is it more complicated than that?
>>
>>73266634
>average age: 36 y.o
>56% are women
>28% have children
Kek, a consequence of poor life choices.
>>
>>73266676
This is an 18+ board, Kareem.
>>
>>73266634
>Implying people benefit from raising the minimum wage

The reality is half of them get laid off.
>>
>>73267725
>implying women aren't the sexual selectors
>implying birth control doesn't exist
>implying the morning after pill doesn't exist
>implying abortion isn't legal

Maybe it's time to hold women responsible for their actions for a change.
>>
>>73266676
THIS

>Be 20
>Self employed
>Average $20 an hour

Fucking lazy millennials
>>
>>73267614
No Harjit I didn't need to work the register for my dad's convenience store.

>falling for the college jew
The system is not inherently evil, but goddamn does it produce people who can't think for themselves. Thanks Ford
>>
>>73268000
$22* my bad
>>
>>73266634
>>73266676

If you're 23-36 working minimum wage without a degree or serious physical impairment, take civil service exams until you get a good one.
>>
>>73266634
Well the pros in this country are that with us being in close proximity to nations with a much lower cost of living, it protects the income of those who have families in the UK and stops Romanians and the like from undercutting British workers and sending money home where it costs much less to support a family.

However the recent increase to the ""living wage"" is retarded and is/has only served to artificially induce inflation.
>>
>>73266634
Why not just raise the minimum wage to a £1000? What foreseeable economic shortcomings could there possibly be?

Its just a way to buy out the student vote while also making it harder for small business to compete, because they are forced to buy your services for a price not reflective of their market value, which is ultimately the fault of inflation policies.

50 years ago my grandfather bought a house, married and had 4 kids, all on a low wage steel working job, and the only money he ever took from the government was his pension and army wages. Selling your services for more than they are worth makes it both harder to hire you and also knocks on to slowing economic growth, meaning even less work in the future.
>>
I'm making $22/hr this summer for my internship.
>>
>>73266634
Consider sides the following.

Labor is just like any other commodity/ good and services. Do you know what happens when the PRICE of a specific GOOD goes up?

When the price of good increases, DEMAND decreases.

This means business DEMAND for low education grub workers decreases. Why should McDonalds pay 15 dollars an hour to its hundreds of thousands of peasant workers for merely flipping a burger and sweeping the floor?

Not only that, but raising the minimum wage sets off a chain reaction. Of wages. When before, the moderately skilled/educated workers who used to make 15 and hour now need to see their wages raised porptionally. How else can you justify an entry level paying , groccery bagging job pay the same/close to the same as a moderate skilled worker or even a manager.

The entire system has to see an increase to justify the large increase at the bottom of the totem pole.

But back to the question I asked earlier. Why should McDonalds pay a burger flipping kid or high school dropout 15 dollars an hour?

The answer is they won't.
The technology already exist to replace nearly all these jobs with computers through automation.

There already exist an low cost automated mechanical burger flipping unit. You can imagine how easy it would be for such a design to exist. Literally just a timer, a cog, a fucking fork.

Already exist automated menus.

No need for a cashier. Place your money in the machine, receive your change and receipt. Pull to the next window and your food will be ready.

Raising the minimum wage In a first world country on the cutting edge of modern technology. Not a good idea.

The era of automation is coming regardless, don't get me wrong. Business will do anything to save a penny. Raising the minimum wage just increases the process and leaves us less prepared for dealing with this disasterous problem on the horizon.
>>
a higher minimum wage would suck just as much as a $100/hr min wage would suck

it doesn't work and it lowers the gdp/GO
>>
>>73267136
>works off their ass
>minimum wage

Manual labor jobs tend to pay a few dollars more than minimum wage for jobs that actually require working your ass off.

Minimum is there as a minimum to pay people who often are doing next to nothing.

>>73266676
>>73267194
I've worked with these women, laziest workers on the payroll.
>>
>>73266676
>28
>minimum wage

I bought the "trade for life" meme and joined the Army.

Just applied to start my law degree though.
>>
>>73267926
Really good workers are only good at working. If they can't teach others how to do it, they ain't shit as higher-ups
>>
>>73268225
>law degree
Speaking of memes.
>>
>>73266634

Jokes on whoever made this, this is exactly why we should not be raising the minimum wage.

People going into their thirties and above who are still working for minimum wage, full time no less, never exerted the effort needed to get away from that situation, and therefore should not be rewarded for it.
>>
>>73268259
I live in Liverpool, majority of the +25k are some form of legal work
>>
>>73267423
If somebody has to do it, the price of labor will go up.

Or the position will be filled by a conga line of people who each accept shit wages in turn before going elsewhere.
>>
>>73267768
My assumption of them being single mothers is based on their low social class. Statistics vary by state, but the national average of single parent families is headed by a mother at 83%. Their median income is only 26K a year, including benefits. The amount of capital available to the child is minuscule compared to middle-class children raised by married parents. Their life chances are already fucked.
>>73267802
>men want to exercise their power over women
>men want their women to be "traditional"
>woman doesn't develop work-force skills
>man leaves her and the child because he's a dick
>poor couples can't afford marriage
>women doesn't get legal protection and benefits from divorce
>dead beat dad fucks off leaving single mother with no skills to do all this shit on her own
Watch Jerry Springer and Maury, lad.
>>73267998
>muh abortion, birth control, morning after pill, etc.
Damn, you really wanna kill off the White race just so men can go their own way, huh?
>>
>>73268322
I've been working in the US so long that I forgot that's considered a good salary in Britain.
>>
>>73267532
Immigrants, convicted felons, rehab people, Bernie Sanders, etc.
>>
Don't raise the minimum wage.

I say: kick it out alltogether. Let darwin decide who gets to live and die, purge the poor.
>>
>>73268444
t. Malthus
>>
>>73268389
That's about 36k US$, not great but I'm on about £13,000 at the moment
>>
>>73266676
>economic system is set up as a giant ponzi scheme
>be surprised that most people are on the bottom rung

Sigh.
>>
>>73268159

So your proposal is forcing people into basically slave labor so they at least have work at McDonald's?

Truth is that most of McDonald's customers are poor infidels. If they get poor then McDonald's has to downsize and that creates new opportunities for higher paid work.

You're allowing a shitty broken system to continue so that fucking McDonald's can prosper.
>>
It isn't.

As Aristotle once said, there are people who are born to obey and people who are born to command. If I was born to command and you were born to obey, then how on Earth should you be able to command me to pay you a minimun wage and why on Earth should I obey you?
>>
>>73268478
That is one interesting man. Thanks for that
>>
>>73266847
You should educate yourself in economics.

>inflation has outgrown the minimum wage
You can't have the same value in consumed goods with the minimum wage today, as you could in the past.
>>
>56% are women
>28% have children
>having children when working minimum wage
>expecting me to have sympathy and increase the minimum wage because you can't stop fucking up in life

Why do we always glorify single parents (who are single out of negligence and irresponsibility and not tragedy like losing their spouse or whatever) like they're so brave and courageous and deserve all the respect in the world? They fucked up and brought a child into a world in which their father (mostly father due to single motherhood vs fatherhood rates) is not around which severely fucks them up in life. Why should we applaud them for making a mistake and dealing with it?
>>
>>73268590
True if you convert it like that but you need to remember that we have far better purchasing power over here. I don't pay any sales tax for instance and my health insurance premiums are only $35 per month for my entire family. That's the benefit of having your employer pay almost all of it for you.
>>
>>73266634
>mostly women on minimum wage
>most of them are the primary earners

How? If they're already making minimum wage, how are they earning more than anyone?

>>73266676
That attitude is what is wrong with millienials. They get a degree, expect expect to immediately get a high paying job despite having zero training or experience.

So they just sit around collecting welfare hoping that a high paying job falls in their lap.

Minimum wage is what you get paid while you're working your way towards your career. It's how you stop your debt from increasing.
>>
>>73266676
I'm 28 and I work minimum wage. Only reason I do it is because I can shitpost on 4chan my whole shift and I can't think of any interesting "real" job to do.

Maybe I should build boats.
>>
>>73268851
I wasn't arguing that wages in the US are better, I'm just making the point I'm trying to make a better situation for myself. Starting at £25k-30k is more Tha most around here
>>
>>73267737
Not much different from the older 'give parents tax breaks to encourage them to breed more working-class goys' model really.
>>
>>73266676
I'm 22, and I get minimum wage, but I'm going back to college to learn a trade next year

There's plenty of people who are content to work 30 hours a week stocking shelfs at Asda their entire lives, it's brainless work that requires minimal effort
>>
File: reggie_shrug.gif (979 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
reggie_shrug.gif
979 KB, 384x288
>>73266634
>57% work full time
>at 40 hours per week they're above the poverty line even at minimum wage
>>
>>73268364
No, I want women to seek out white males that can provide the stability to raise a family, not fuck niggers and spics without protection. Or cheat on their husband with a nigger or spic while he's a work, causing divorce.
>>
>>73268992
I work security, minimum wage. Literally sitting in a chair for 12 hours. Most of my colleagues are +40 and seem happy with their position.
>>
>>73268829
You are fucking retarded
>hurr durr irresponsibility and not tragedy
Jesus Christ
>young couple
>mother gives birth to daughter
>dad on his way to work
>gets BTFO by a drunk driver
>brain matter scattered all over the road
>mother is now left with baby
>they hadn't married yet
>no insurance
>mother will now receive public aid
They don't teach this shit about being prepared for real life in school because schools have more important shit to worry about like indoctrinating mindless consumers to keep buying faulty products that are designed to break.
>>
>>73268948
No I get it. I'm just annoyed that degreed people in my old country still earn fuck all.
>>
>>73268641
McDonalds will downsize alright.

They will downsize by decreasing their workforce by 80% in exchange for automated computer systems that don't cost 15 and hour.

This isn't just McDonalds that will do this. Everyone will. Walmart, target, sizzler, jcpennys, kohls, etc etc. Every large corporation will opt for automated systems that already exist as an alternative to paying a bunch of peasants 15 dollars per hour.

That's just big business. Consider what this huge spike in minimum wage does to small business. Consider what it does to startup business.

Now you're asking the government to FORCE a small business to pay it's staff more then its worth. The small business isn't rich. Its not a multi billion dollar success.

The increased cost will come from raising its prices on its goods. They already can't compete with Walmart prices and now they have to raise their prices further. Expect a lot of small businesses to go under.

And you say its "slave labor"
It basically is. It's the lowest of lows in terms of work. Literally anyone can do it. The works worth is intrinsically low therefore it should be payed low.
>>
>>73267267
>So don't bother trying.
>>
File: minimum-wage.jpg (69 KB, 466x343) Image search: [Google]
minimum-wage.jpg
69 KB, 466x343
>have zero skills
>expect to be able to support a family

I find it hilarious how progressives always love to compare modern minimum wage workers to Ford's factory workers. They don't seem to understand that the reason his workers were paid so much is that they had to work faster than anyone had ever worked before to turn out the highest value product of the age.

Comparing them to people who fold and retag clothing is just desperate.
>>
>>73268364
Does that include child support from the father?

And yeah obviously their life chances are fucked, they didnt use contraception and didnt find a man that they could extract money from.
>>
>>73269113
good

takes us closer to full blown genuine revolt
>>
>>73268931
You could make nice buck, selling those boats to the rapefugees that want to come to Europe.
>>
>>73269168
>gallon of milk
>not a burger
Who made this horrible image?
>>
>>73269072
I believe you, the vast majority of people are contented to do minimum effort for minimum wage, I know several people in their 60s making minimum wage. We can't all be investment bankers, but a little more effort from the average man would make up the shortfall we have in nurses and tradesmen
>>
File: 19784897897.jpg (26 KB, 457x574) Image search: [Google]
19784897897.jpg
26 KB, 457x574
>>73269179
>it's the woman's fault for not being a gold digger
I've actually never heard an argument against a woman for not exploiting the processes of a post-sexual revolution society.
>>
>>73269197
so then your ultimate dream for society is an uncivilized hellhole

just kill yourself you filthy degenerate
>>
>>73269091
>young, unmarried couple without insurance having children

Sounds pretty irresponsible to me. Not getting pregnant is incredibly easy. Also I don't know why the fuck you're getting school in all this but it's not the school's job to tell you not to fuck and make kids when you're not financially ready. That's your parent's job and the government isn't supposed to be a substitute for your incompetent parents. Also very few are actually a result of tragedy, most are a result of irresponsibility and poor decision making.
>>
>>73269091
>muh special case.
Single motherhood rates have been steadily increasing for the last few decades, freak accident rates have stayed the same.
>>
why do people think they can just magically raise the minimum wage to $15 again?
>>
>>73269262
You mean Swedes who want to leave Sweden.

The rapefugees are way too far. They couldn't afford decent boats. They probably buy second hand anyway.
>>
>>73269168
>$3.70 for milk
Walmart, where I assume these min wage workers would choose to shop out of purely financial necessity, has its own brand of milk for under $3.

Poor people always fuck themselves over by purchasing expensive stuff. It's not just that they earn nothing, it's that they don't know how to budget either - another thing not taught in public schools.
>>
>>73269113
>They will downsize by decreasing their workforce by 80% in exchange for automated computer systems that don't cost 15 and hour.

Good. It's time for us to stop worshiping the current economic model and a 20% unemployment rate will do it. I am sick and tired of the slow adoption rate of automation just for the sake of preserving the economy.
>>
>>73269351
You date with a lam post is coming, capitalist shill.
>>
>>73269391
Because everybody thinks that raising the minimum wage will magically take money from the 'greedy elites', who are the only problem facing the economy, and give it to the poor. Not realizing that it will only produce more business for them due to smaller businesses being fucked over.
>>
>>73269168
>used to work in a factory
>it closed down after production was outsourced to China
>now have to work at Walmart since it drove all independent retail stores out of business
>manger constantly talks about increasing productivity while also making sure every customer is engaged, literally asking for two things to happen at once
>don't get a raise because an item was out of stock and a customer complained which reflected poorly on me
>try to get new job training at the local college, but they slashed funding to balance the state budget without raising taxes and eliminated the night classes which would fit my work schedule

You're right. Minimum wage workers have no one to blame but themselves.
>>
>>73269319
Nobody has any pride, if people where raised better then they would realise they need to contribute more to the country. But as long as they don't have to put any effort in and can still afford to buy a crate of special brew, they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>73268184
This. I got $10/hr loading and unloading trucks with production equipment. I worked at least 50 hours a week with OT. My knees and back are shit but I managed. Wouldn't ever go back though, I'd rather starve.
>>
>>73266847
A pound is worth less today than it was yesterday.

Goods got more expensive, but wages are a result did not see a rise.
>>
The minimum wage will always be $0. If you try jacking it up to $15 for unskilled labor businessmen will just leave.
>>
>>73266634
Why won't the government plant more money trees?
It'll help fight global warming and raise the minimum wage!
#MoneyTreesForEveryone
>>
We encouraged women to get divorces and be single mothers

Now they can't earn enough to live despite copious amounts of government support

Please pay higher taxes so we can help sluts be sluts.
>>
Old ppl, minimum wage drops young people out of the labour market so they don't have to compete

Baby boomers are more parasytes than jews to newer generations; pensions ponzi scheme, public spending based on future taxation (debt), labour legislation, etc
>>
>>73269375
>That's your parent's job
I was hoping to ever-loving Godfuck you'd bring this shit up.
Why in the actual FUCK do you think teenage pregnancy is a problem, huh, faggot?
It's because idiot kids are raised by idiot parents, because their parents were raised by idiot grandparents.
The elite like this set-up very, very much and will try their damnedest to keep this status quo operating. An educated populace is not their interest, not in the slightest. This is why schools, for all intents and purposes, should be institutions of learning for all manner of things, including learning tax codes, personal responsibility and their nation's history, should share the responsibility of raising good citizens.

Look up who actively opposes parental involvement in public schools.
Now look up who actively donates money to private schools

Dumb fucks
>>
>>73269401
I'm always amazed when I'm round my lower class mates houses, especially their parents ones. People making minimum wage, less than minimum or even on the dole have £1200 sitting room sets, £900 TVs, PS4s, and brand name clothes. I grew up middle class, and now live in what people would call "austerity" in that I have no denbts, little overhead and tend to buy my clothes in bulk instead of buying piecemeal £30 a go jeans

The results? Every single friend in a LOT of debt, (one has declared bankruptcy TWICE at 24, and somehow still gets credit) while I have £9000 in savings from a minimum wage job, and drive a (1999 model) Range Rover
>>
>>73269487
It's hilarious,
>Evil capitalist just want to keep all the money to themselves

>if we raise the minimum wage they will take the money out of their our salary, not raise the price of goods
>>
>>73269598
Wow that's so true!

That's why I'm #ArtilleryForHillary
>>
>>73269116
No, don't try. It doesn't work. People fail to understand that raising the minimum wage also raises the cost of goods to compensate for the extra cash spent paying your workers, thereby making the raise totally pointless. Inflation just renders it completely null.
>>
File: hjsrthrthjth.png (105 KB, 462x350) Image search: [Google]
hjsrthrthjth.png
105 KB, 462x350
>>
>>73269349
Raising kids costs a lot of money, if you date some retard and get pregnant, you will bare the consequences. People can pretend money doesnt play a role, but very often it does.

Marriage isnt just a ceremony, it's a contract that ensures the woman and children remain stable when the emotional attachment is gone, but the money is still needed. You have to be a retard to think that marriage is just a ceremony with no attachments.
>>
>>73269645
End poverty!
#BanThePoor
>>
>>73266634
the reason so few young people work minimum wage jobs is because employers are forced to over-pay for shitwork, meaning they're far less likely to hire someone with no experience.

As a bonus, the downward trend of people getting work experience during their teen years is probably a contributing factor to all the 20-somethings who are stuck in jobs that could be done equally well by retards or iPads.
>>
>>73269629
What's up anon? Don't you want to keep up with the Jones'? They'll shun goy... Guys like you anon, nobody will have sex with you anon
>>
Minimum wage was created by an eugenicist with the goal of killing the "inferior races".

But the man didn't realized that unemployed people resort to informal jobs, even crimes, to survive.
>>
>>73269629
Keep up the good work, m8. Remember that the goyim live to be scammed.
>>
>>73268641
They're jacking their prices up, taking some things off the menu and closing some locations because their earnings have been going down the shitter.
>>
>>73269575
>we'll just take our marbles and go home
>>
>>73269724
>You have to be a retard to think that marriage is just a ceremony with no attachments
Nobody thinks this, or at least should think about this.
Marriage wasn't even about procreation, it was about the linkage of two families vying for land, money and power.
It was hoped that children would climb the social ladder by way of marriage. Things haven't changed since then except one key aspect: marriages aren't arranged anymore. We can go off and find """"romantic"""" love.
>>
>>73269401
>be poor
>forced to support megacorps
No wonder they want to destroy the middle class. The middle class can afford not to buy their shit products.
>>
File: proof.png (21 KB, 186x96) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
21 KB, 186x96
>The studies surveyed in this paper lead to 91 entries in our summary tables (in some cases covering more than one paper). Of these, by our reckoning nearly two-thirds give a relatively consistent indication of negative employment effects of minimum wages—where we sometimes focus on results for the least-skilled—and fewer than 10 give a relatively consistent indication of positive employment effects.
>First, longer panel studies that incorporate both state and time variation in minimum wages tend, on the whole, to find negative and statistically significant employment effects from minimum wage increases. In contrast, the majority of the U.S. studies that have found zero or positive effects of the minimum wage on low-skill employment were either short panel data studies or case studies of a specific change in the minimum wage in a particular state.
>Second, and related, when researchers focus on the least-skilled groups most likely to be adversely affected by minimum wages, we regard the evidence as relatively overwhelming that there are stronger disemployment effects for these groups

>Moreover, as the summary table suggests, the evidence tends to point to disemployment effects of minimum wages for many other countries as well
http://www.economics.uci.edu/files/economics/docs/workingpapers/2006-07/Neumark-08.pdf

>Using three separate state panels of administrative employment data, we find that the minimum wage reduces net job growth, primarily through its effect on job creation by expanding establishments. These effects are most pronounced for younger workers and in industries with a higher proportion of low-wage workers.
http://econweb.tamu.edu/jmeer/Meer_West_Minimum_Wage.pdf

>In this paper, we use cross-state differences in the impact of adjustments in federal minimum wages
>Using CPS data for 1977-2007 we find notable wage impacts and large corresponding disemployment effect
http://businessinnovation.berkeley.edu/williamsonseminar/rubinstein110311.pdf
>>
>>73269510
>worked in a factory
>learned nothing
>only business in entire town is Walmart
>too poor to afford community college
>not enough time to learn new skillset
>just enough money for internet
>just enough time to shitpost
>>
>>73269962
>social mobility exists in America, I swear!
>>
>>73269892
That's pretty much it.
>>
File: 1363025278234.png (13 KB, 380x544) Image search: [Google]
1363025278234.png
13 KB, 380x544
>>73269919
TL;DR: Minimum wage hurts the poor, the young, the minorities
And it benefits no one

>>73269962
>worked in a factory
>learned nothing
If you truly worked and didn't get fired within a month, you learned the most important business skills:
Being on time
Putting in effort
Being able to learn from others
Not being lazy

You don't need talent or education for these sort of things.
>>
File: 1360770070127.jpg (177 KB, 1392x422) Image search: [Google]
1360770070127.jpg
177 KB, 1392x422
>>73269705
Raising prices to give the board of directors another million dollars in their bonus checks = perfectly fine
Raising prices so workers can afford the products they work to produce = communism
>>
>>73269627
>personal responsibility

Isn't that a contradiction to what they're teaching then?

>don't worry about raising your kids right, the kids you created and are supposed to care for, the government through the schools will do that for you!

Also this is implying kids actually give a fuck about school. I agree that parental involvement is important, but I think it is the most important. If kids taught a semblance of discipline in their studies, they will never attend the school. That's why these schools are shit, not because of the curriculum or the teachers, it's the fucking kids raised by the shitty parents so not matter what you add to the school it won't matter because the kids have to actually fucking show up and pay attention.
>>
>>73269168
>CEO
>per hour
>>
>choosing to have a child on a single minimum wage income

All I'm seeing are a series of bad choices here. If you can't afford to have children, don't. If you can't afford to live on a minimum wage income, get roommates and learn to budget your money. If you can't afford to pay back your loans, don't take out loans.

People make a series of terrible financial decisions for decades and then when they finally have to face the reality of their situation that they themselves let get this bad they cry for the government to bail them out.

I have a friend who's sister is like this. He explained her situation to me. She had a child with a shitty guy, he left her and that fucked up her job and financial situation. Of course it was all out of wedlock. Then they got back together and now they are having yet another child while still in financial ruins.

He claimed that things are so simple and sometimes people need help, but even he himself knew that the entire thing was her fault.

This is what happens when you strip a society of their traditional family values. Women decide they want to be single, have as many children as they feel like, get paid a shit load of money, be able to go to school, and spend time with their children.

All of these things they could accomplish if they were stay at home mothers who found a good man to take care of them, but instead of marrying a good husband they've opted to marry the government and make everyone else pay for their incompetence.
>>
>>73269755
The joke of course being that my mate making £21,000 year drives a brand new KIA he's paying £320 a month for, while my RR cost £1200 up front. Sure it has 220,000 miles on it, but I'm the second owner and it hasn't missed a beat in the 30,000 miles I've owned it.
>>
>>73267717
Generally when a company raises their flat minimum wage across the board, it gives raises to people making above it too. For example, I made above our minimum when the company increased min and I got a 5% raise on top of my negotiated yearly raise.
>>
>>73269962
you're an idiot and a lazy faggot. pirate a few certification textbook .pdfs, and start saving up your loose change for the testing fees.
>>
>>73270227
>white birth rates falling
>don't have kids

Good goy
>>
>minimum wage
lol why don't we just give everyone a gorillion dollar everyone should be happy with this right?

oh wait....
>>
>>73270227
>If you can't afford to have children, don't.
but sex feels good, anon!
>>
>>73270332
Read the post I was responding to.
>>
>>73270278
My sisters the same,

Makes minimum wage, Has the latest phone with unlimited contract, trainers that cost God knows what, brand new car every 3 years, constantly asking me for money.
>>
>>73268995
Bullshit it's about 15k a year, a single man in the fucking Midwest cant support himself on that. I know I paid rent and ate ramen noodles for a year by the time i got a real job i was visibly malnourished if it was a year and a half i would probably be dead. Those sjw's at the welfare office were like "lol white male you don't need any help". What they need to do is tax the fuck out of imports and bring back factory jobs so unskilled people have more options than fast food or retail.
>>
>>73270109
None of those are actual skills. They're sensible character traits that many people don't actually have, but they're not skills
>>
>>73269845
Land, money and power, that only played a role for 1% of the historical population.

And it very much is about procreation. The child is the blood that binds 2 families and the child inherits the wealth and power of 2 families, effectively combining them. Trying to get a son is the first thing people would do after marriage. Bastards were with some exceptions not allowed to inherit.

And yes, there are a lot of retards out there that just marry to have the ceremony.
>>
>>73270359
What I said is don't have children out of wedlock Muhammad. And most single mothers aren't white. Most people on welfare aren't white.

In fact nothing in my post at all referenced race. Good to know that quality sharia education is keeping Britain a top of the line country. A reading comprehension like yours is commendable, for a sand-nigger that is.
>>
>>73270392
Minimum wage is a good idea if you have a bunch of Slavs sending their money home to the 3rd world.

Upping the minimum wage artificially is retarded however
>>
>>73270527
>observing others and emulating them isn't a skill
>>
>>73270559
I'll be mayor of London soon
>>
>>73266923
That's misleading,
aggregate production across the board has gone up, BUT minimum wage jobs aren't driving that.

>computer chip manufacturing is vastly more effiecient
>flipping burgers is still flipping burgers

>>73266988
average joe's with little/no job skills don't magically earn raises without boosting productivity.

>you're correct about congress and university admins though

>>73267199
underrated
>>
>>73270559
>And most single mothers aren't white.
Most people who make minimum wage are however since all the darkies are on the dole.
>>
>>73267382
No the under 25's don't want to work. I'm an Electrician in Jacksonville Florida and make 55,000 and we don't have enough workers and our company has around 100 employees and pays for 4 years of training and great benefits but you under 30 population we have around 6 people and when we hire your faggot ass you quit in a week and go back to living at mommy house
>>
>>73270500
>bring back jobs that will be automated inside the next decade
I'd say tariff-tards were the only people stupider than Berniebots, but Bernie fell for the Muh Domestic Products Jew too.
>>
>>73270729
Most single mothers are white in UK unfortunately
>>
>>73270481
Sounds like that mates sister

>Literally retarded, went to special schools
>Lives with her boyfriend/fiance, also mentally challenged but not officially so
>Have been on the Jeremy Kyle Show
>Drives a 2014 model Ford Focus
>Both have iPhone 6+s
>Recently bought a £1400 42" 4K telly
>Neither work
>>
>>73270589
It's called mimicry and even chimpanzees can do it.
>>
>>73266634
Economy is healthy when people use their money, if people don't have enough money to spend then economy is going to be unhealthy.

and as low class is always higher than middle/high class they will always be bigger spenders.
>>
>>73270797
>uk
>white
>>
>>73270830
Is moving the goalposts a characteristic or a skill?
>>
>>73266634
>SHORT MALE ACNE RIDDEN GAMER
>BIG EMPOWERED WOMEN
>>
>>73270733
I am also in the trades, don't try to pull that shit. It's very much an employers' market, no one is desperate for entry level candidates. What they are desperate for is people with 5+ years of experience that they don't have to train.
>>
>>73270888
Nice meme,

I live in a 90% white area (merseyside) which is notorious for crime, poverty and single parents. I use to live in Dundee, and not even shit skins can tolerate the Scots, Dundee was the Underage pregnancy capital of Europe, which goes hand in hand with single parenting
>>
>>73270911
An art.
>>
>>73270589
Everyone without down's can learn. Anyone who claims they can't is mentally roadblocking themselves
>>
guys, guys I got the best idea:

MAXIMUM WAGE $9.00

that way it fixes all everything
>>
>>73271020
Scousers are the niggers of the North
>>
>>73271020
Dundee is really nice if you aren't a benefit scrounger living in a council flat

Can't speak for Merseyside, but it's full of scousers so it's automatically shit
>>
>>73271076
In all honesty there should be a maximum wage and it should be in the $100k-200k/year range.
>>
File: 1457785134319.jpg (263 KB, 720x764) Image search: [Google]
1457785134319.jpg
263 KB, 720x764
can't wait for the Guillotine to come back ! minimum wage is just pure legalized slavery.
I just have enough money to pay my rent, car maintenance, gasoline, cellphone, internet, health mutual, (basically if I want to work, I NEED these things, i don't have the choice) and decent food. (i am no neet, I work hard)
Fuck you stingy pigs.

>inb4 MUH its the right of your boss to treat you as a slave because he gives you job
>inb4 MUH look at poor 3rd world they can not own these things, stop complaining
>>
>>73271194
A maximum wage would fix a lot of shit
>>
>>73271094
It's a symptom of poverty, Scousers claim a large amount of benefits (pic related) as does Dundee. Globalism has destroyed the UK, Shipbuilding was the lifeblood of this area, now the dock workers are on weekly contracts and the place is only kept alive because they've been thrown a bone with RFA ship refurbishments
>>
>>73271194

what if the work I do is worth more than $200k
>>
>>73266634
What's misleading is that the guy under the "what people think" sign is actually a somewhat accurate portrayal of the people currently earning minimum wage.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/09/08/who-makes-minimum-wage/

>People at or below the federal minimum are:
>Disproportionately young: 50.4% are ages 16 to 24; 24% are teenagers (ages 16 to 19).
>Mostly (77%) white; nearly half are white women.
>Largely part-time workers (64% of the total).

The "reality" segment only exists if you include near-minimum people into the statistic. The real irony is that many voters might be more likely to support a minimum wage increase for the kid than they would for the middle aged woman.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 634x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 634x373
>>73271094
It's a symptom of poverty, Scousers claim a large amount of benefits (pic related) as does Dundee. Globalism has destroyed the UK, Shipbuilding was the lifeblood of this area, now the dock workers are on weekly contracts and the place is only kept alive because they've been thrown a bone with RFA ship refurbishments

>>73271171
I can't say I agree, the drug problem is rampant, wherever you are
>>
>>73271327
Then the system of valuation obviously has a flaw.

The only things that should even begin to qualify you to exceed such a level are things that radically alter the world. I mean the guy who cures cancers might have a legit case for consideration.
>>
File: 15-dollar-minimum-wage.jpg (50 KB, 720x482) Image search: [Google]
15-dollar-minimum-wage.jpg
50 KB, 720x482
>>73266634
I'm so happy I worked hard to get $16 an hour risking my life for an illegal spic, or kike-installed government hire nigger to make $15 an hour.
>>
>>73266676
There are graduates in my country working for minimum wage. It's either that or unemployment sometimes.
>>
>>73267136
Hi Bernie
>>
>>73266634

The minimum wage can't force an employer to pay $15/h to someone whose labor is worth $7/h. It can only make them avoid hiring low-skilled, inexperienced workers.

Under normal conditions even the least skilled have a good shot at finding a job, due to how cheap they sell their labor. With a high minimum wage, they'll always be picked dead last or left jobless due to outsourcing/automation becoming more preferable.

The end result is that people with few options, end up with even fewer and upper class liberals feel good about themselves. It's one of the most anti-poor policies imaginable, right up there with rent control.
>>
>>73271528
there are people with STEM degrees working at McDonalds in the US.
>>
>>73266634
How about you give me some good reasons why it's acceptable that people work 2 jobs to barely get by?
>>
>>73271644

Oy vey don't like the glut of immigrant labour slashing the value of your wages?
>>
>>73271644
So poor I be needing dem food stamps. And yeah, nigga, these are real Jordans
>>
>>73266634
So... we need to raise the minimum wage because stupid sluts rode the cock carousel, got pregnant in high school, single parent to multiple delinquent children and now can't get a decent job.
>>
>>73267014
If you are raising a family on min wage, and not collecting wellfare, you are a hell of a man.
>>
>>73271588
this desu
>>
>>73271588
>a good shot at finding a job
Finding a job and finding a livelihood are not the same thing.

I'm should be surprised, but I'm not, that no one ever brings up the issue of worker incentive. I mean if I was in a position that I could have a job but I couldn't live on it I wouldn't work either. There is no incentive to put forth effort for no reward according to economic theory after all.

>>73271771
There is also that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muw22wTePqQ
>>
File: Minimum Wage in Perspective.png (75 KB, 1280x1000) Image search: [Google]
Minimum Wage in Perspective.png
75 KB, 1280x1000
Historically the minimum wage in the 1940s was much lower than today, at times less than $4. Peak minimum wage occurred in the mid 60s at $11 per hour.

Minimum wages, like all wages, tend to be eroded by the inflationary policies of the federal reserve. Absent intervention, the current wage will slip down (A) in value. This could be avoided by constantly updating the wages to keep up with inflation (B).

Some people want a return to historical peak wages (C). Others are insane (D).
>>
>>73271857

Is it really worth letting millions of people live on the bread line when they're in full time work just to spite a couple of sluts?

In my opinion if you're in full time work you shouldn't have to make the choice between eating for the week or buying a new pair of work boots. Saying that if you're on minimum wage you shouldn't complain about not being able to survive in London.

Regardless this country is completely fucked, all our industry is gone, the only trade worth having is being a banker which means having no soul and gambling with peoples pensions and mortgages.
>>
>>73270733
Im one in NYC (MTA) makinging 48 hour non union, how is the cost of living for you?
I was lucky i was able to pay off my home in a decent area. so i'm living pretty comfortable now but damn things are still expensive here.
>>
1. Be a loser
2. Drop out.
3. Get minimum wage job.
4. ????
5. Profit.
>>
>>73272540
>gambling
It's not a gamble if you had no intention of paying out to begin with.
>>
>>73266634
>I need some reasons why minimum wage is good and needed.
>>73266847
>what does that mean? i'm not really educated in economics...
What a shocking statement. Who would have guessed?
>>
>>73272640
1. devalue currency
2. give $15 an hour
3. it's worth previous $7 an hour but sounds like more
4. free shit (dude)
5. ????
6. successful country
>>
>>73266962
If people arent supposed to live off of minimum wage level jobs then what happens to the left over people who cannot realistically work anything besides a menial job? They have to go on welfare which means we are essentially subsidizing companies that wont pay people a livable wage.
>>
>>73272692
At least he's trying to educate himself
>>
>>73266676
They literally think just by showing up they deserve something because of how our school system is. They don't think they need to put any work into anything and more people aren't staying after hours, refuse to come into work when the manager calls them and take off as many sick days as possible.
>>
>>73272050

There is no issue with worker incentive. If a worker has better options, he's free to pursue them. And if a business can't fill a spot, it will raise its offering. The minimum wage blocks workers that are already incentivized and willing to work.

You might have considered all your options and decided that a $7/h McJob is agreeable for you at the time, then the government will step in and say "Nope, keep looking until you get $15/h, even if it takes you years and you'd rather have a job now"
>>
>>73272787
Well I admittedly didn't read the rest of the thread, but given the OP it seemed like he was simply looking for evidence to back up his uneducated opinion.

Personally I wouldn't put forming an opinion with zero evidence then demanding evidence afterwards and education in the boat.
>>
>>73272922
It costs £3 a year to support your family, if you come to the UK and work for enough for yourself to survive +£5 a year extra so your 3rd world family can live like kings, you just undercut British people who are now unable to support their own British families
>>
>>73272989
Polarising views gather more replies.

>how can white men compete
As opposed to
>what is your opinion on X
>>
>>73273150
Fair enough.
>>
>>73267611
>HIGHLY competitive work force
>for a minimum wage that's just enough to live on

Look, minimum wage ought to be the minimum, yes: the minimum required for you to get by. It should not include "fun money" nor anything else, but if you ARE working full time, you NEED to get enough money to live.

Anything other than that and companies are just abusing the fact that humans are nearly worthless today, since we have plenty of those.

If your company requires someone to work full time, but that position is not profitable enough for it to warrant a livable wage, then you need to improve your system before you hire someone for that position.

(I don't feel sympathy for people with children, however, since I don't believe reproducing should be a human right, it should be a privilege and having children without having good circumstances to raise them is pretty much fucking up and they deserve no help)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3mHv3l_7cE

It's a bit simplistic, but this cartoon gets a number of ideas across regarding one aspect of the relationship between wages and prices. Most of the cost of an item is the labor that goes into it, rather than the raw material itself.
>>
>>73273082

Don't worry, I work from home and steal your jobs through outsourcing instead. Went to L O N D O N last year and it was a bit too mudslimy for my taste.
>>
>>73272922
>And if a business can't fill a spot, it will raise its offering.
That's a nice theory and everything but the reality is much closer to this >>73273082

Minimum wage only prevents a race to the bottom and rampant undercutting.
>>
I think it should be raised in a standard close to where it has been in the past

There's a threshold level where if you raise it too much it puts people out of work and raises the price of goods
>>
>>73273490

The bottom is unemployment and it fills up quite nicely regardless.

You dread the working poor, but the only other option is non-working poor, for whom employment is a pipe-dream.
>>
>>73271459
>you come up with an idea that saves your company billions of dollars each year
>already on maxium wage
>feels bad man
>>
>>73273877
>save your company billions
>the only reason you did it is so that you could pocket the billions
>company mysteriously goes out of business shortly after

Better than the above.
>>
>>73273978
Great strawman
>>
>>73266676
If I could live in a modest house and support a family working at a small family owned grocery store or something that actually existed to serve a community, I would be the happiest person in the world.

Dat boi Adolf hates it when people are valued by how much money they have.
>>
>>73274104
How so? That's standard operating practice for many of the rich people in the country.
>>
>>73274193
What the fuck are you talking about im talking about system of value, incentive to work and pay based on merit not whatever the fuck your rambling on about.
>>
>>73266676
>there are people over the age of 23 working on minimum wage
>holy shit

In the US, we call them "failures at life"
>>
>>73274380
Wages and incentive only work in the way outlined in your scenario the people on top anyways. It's all 'look at me go, I deserve another million for that'. The wageslave gets no more than an attaboy even if they save their company 6 gorillion dollars.
>>
>>73274487

that sounds kind of disgusting attitude towards your fellow countrymen who keep working with small wage. But I guess its typical attitude for murricans who have zero compassion among each other
>>
>>73274721
>>73274721

If a wageslave manages to save a company a lot of money he will get a promotion, that's how jobs work you fucking hippie

and no, the CEO doesn't determine his own pay, other people do
>>
>>73274769

>live in 95% white country
>be baffled why a racially mixed society mistrusts each other
>>
>>73274721
But some cunt on a live isnt going to save a gorillion dollars is he? It's like you think people who are on the top just plopped on there?
>>
File: 1462410661276.jpg (74 KB, 360x883) Image search: [Google]
1462410661276.jpg
74 KB, 360x883
>>73274487
My father was making minimum wage at 25 (til about 28 actually), and was making 400k when he was 40. Setting the cutoff for "success" that low is absolutely fucking retarded. That is exactly the greedy traitorous kike mindset that destroys things and /pol/ constantly yells about.
>>
>>73274487

are they failures, or simply unrepentant? from an early age they were punished by society for expressing natural, healthy male characteristics, unless you understand the bigger picture, the smart thing to do is simply disengage from a lost cause and seek a different form of success.

that's not even considering the absolute fact that there are simply not enough good jobs. there aren't. a large segment of the population is GOING to live on very litle. and truthfully all you 'need' is some food and to avoid freezing to death.
>>
>>73274774
>If a wageslave manages to save a company a lot of money he will get a promotion,
What flavor is that cool-aid? I want to see the dream you're seeing.

>and no, the CEO doesn't determine his own pay, other people do
They're all the same people at the end of the day, today he's the CEO at 'trickle down inc' getting a bonus from the board and tomorrow he's on the board of 'good goy corp' reciprocating the favor for it's CEO.

>>73274867
>It's like you think people who are on the top just plopped on there?
Of course not they've got the connections through many generations of family friendship.
>>
File: 1462404590800.jpg (138 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1462404590800.jpg
138 KB, 693x693
>>73275063
>>If a wageslave manages to save a company a lot of money he will get a promotion,
>What flavor is that cool-aid? I want to see the dream you're seeing.

No. This is LITERALLY how businesses, jobs, and promotions work. Are you fucking stupid?

>They're all the same people at the end of the day

No. You have no clue how corporations work.
>>
>>73274769

it's not like our countrymen have no other option
>>
File: 1267327761146.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1267327761146.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>73275186
>This is LITERALLY how businesses, jobs, and promotions work.
Repeating the same lie won't suddenly trick me, the shit has not worked this way in at least 40 years.

>No. You have no clue how corporations work.
That's a lot of different people who all have the same name then.
>>
>>73266634
Mate, we introduced a slightly higher minimum wage (like a 50p increase, maybe not even that) and small stores have already started closing and staff are already losing privileges they have had for years previously.

Raising the minimum wage is retarded:

>prices rise in response to increased costs thanks to the wage rise
>people who were previously earning above minimum wage suddenly find themselves unable to afford as much as they were before
>people on minimum wage notice no difference because their situation remains the same
>more well off people are not impacted at all
>some people who were otherwise doing okay are suddenly finding it harder to live

All it does is hurt others.
>>
24 years old
2 dollars above minimum wage
No formal education, just a high school graduate who worked to make rent since 18
Live in San Diego california.
How do I go above and beyond, what are some good trades or education skills I should pursue Almighty /pol/
>>
>>73275312

Better workers get promoted...how can you be denying this reality?
>>
The minimum wage will always be $0.
>>
>>73275352
>Better workers get promoted...how can you be denying this reality?
Workers get promoted when positions open, the candidate most suited (external factors like appeasing gender/race dynamics included) for the position will get it. This is not necessarily the same person who contributed greatly to the business. They higher up the chain the less likely this is be the person we're talking about. At 200-fucking-thousand dollars we're pretty high up the chain.

All of this ignores of course that there are plenty of other incentives other than money when you're getting paid more money than a reasonable person can spend in a year.
>>
>>73275838

It's fairly easy to spend $200k a year.

Eh, I just think you're salty that you've never been promoted at your job and you're letting that influence your political philosophy. Stay more open minded in the future.
>>
>>73276057
>It's fairly easy to spend $200k a year.
I said a reasonable person; there are many complete retards who have blown multi-million dollar lottery winnings in as few as 4 or 5 years.

>I just think you're salty that you've never been promoted at your job
I doubled the amount of money I was making in the first year, but nice try. Promotion does happen at lower levels, though most of that is only 1 good promotion and several near-lateral 'promotions' that sound better but aren't.
>>
File: 04[1].gif (5 KB, 650x405) Image search: [Google]
04[1].gif
5 KB, 650x405
People asking for minimum wages are retarded. Enjoy your unemployment.
>>
>>73267014
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
>>
>>73267194
>half of the people working with minimum wage consists of a gender making up half of earth's population
No fucking shit
Why does everyone these days feel the need to glorify women under every cirumstance possible?
>>
>>73266634
>I need some reasons
Naah, you don't need shit, fgt pls
>>
>>73266634
Mexico and central America will benefit when all the illegals send money home to their familia. Basically, it's third world welfare until you have state/federal government enforcing immigration law.
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.