[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth creating more passenger rail lines in the US? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 2000px-Amtrak_System_Map.svg[1].png (840 KB, 2000x1251) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Amtrak_System_Map.svg[1].png
840 KB, 2000x1251
Is it worth creating more passenger rail lines in the US? The current system is kind of retarded, and doesn't even reach major cities like Las Vegas, Nashville, Columbus or Louisville.
>>
>>73265547
Holy shit, I always thought the ticket to ride map was arbitrarily set up but it's rather accurate.

Also they have bus lines to take you from the depot.
>>
>>73265547
>major city
>Columbus
Sure your American?
>>
File: 1414261688075.jpg (62 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1414261688075.jpg
62 KB, 500x750
>>73265547
>tfw you will never enjoy a cross-US train ride
feelsbadman
>>
>>73265787
Big enough. It has almost 2 million people in the metro area as I recall. Once an area gets to a million people or so, it's usually considered "big."
>>
why is americas road and train network so fucking pathetic?

i mean i understand it's a huge country but come the fuck on, here in germany every backass wood town with a population of sub 10k is only a 20minutes ride away from an autobahn

>can't even go fast on american highways
what's the fucking point trucking 80 on an empty road through the desert if you need to drive across several states?

>need to drive across germany
>just push the throttle to the limit going 150mph if you are in a hurry
>>
>>73266168
Don't get me started, koestreisser. Not to mention nobody here knows how to use a passing lane or maintain consistent speed.
>>
File: 1452500046467.jpg (19 KB, 397x380) Image search: [Google]
1452500046467.jpg
19 KB, 397x380
>>73265867
I did once. Comfy as hell to be honest.
>>
>Las Vegas is a major city

Wow man

It's in the middle of a desolate desert. Why would anyone want to go there?
>>
File: thnhsjpg[1].jpg (1 MB, 1632x1056) Image search: [Google]
thnhsjpg[1].jpg
1 MB, 1632x1056
>>73266168
The US highway system is actually quite extensive; it's a lot bigger than the passenger rail network.
>>
>>73266597
Well there's the gambling for one. Not my thing but it's a pretty big draw. It's full of drunk strippers and show girls and horny tourists, which certainly doesn't hurt. But me, I'd wanna go to the range where you can shoot whatever machine gun you want almost. They have like one of each.
>>
>>73266964
It's a populated area with over 2 million people, too. It's kind of weird to have a national passenger rail network that just skips over places of that size.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.