[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.realtor.com/realestatean dhomes-detail/9600-SW-Wh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9600-SW-Whispering-Fir-Dr_Beaverton_OR_97007_M15446-24972#photo0

Cycle through the photos of this gigantic mansion

straight up, no bullshit: Why aren't there entrepreneur type classes in every college in America?
>>
>>73220369
Pretenious bullshit. No class. Nigger tier house
>>
>>73220503
Commie plz
>>
>>73220503
I agree. That amount of money could easily build a classically designed traditional mansion of old, but people lack the foresight, and patience to bother anymore. There is too much wasted, and inefficiently used space in these gaudy modern monstrosities. Even if you can't afford the custom woodwork of old, you might as well at least copy the floorplans of better designs than this.

The housing industry is a racket though--the throw up structures overnight. Even people with taste and money have a hard time getting what the REALLY want. It's easier to settle for something that ticks the boxes, and has a viewing room for a 70 inch tv.
>>
>>73220960
Also, I suggest visiting Hyde Park or the Vanderbilt Mansion to see what the ULTRA rich used to considered living in luxury a century ago. Many such mansions actually had equal or less square footage than some modern McMansions, but the architectural merit was much better, and they used space efficiently.

I'm just sayin: get your money's worth, and don't buy into fads or low class, new money trends. Take a cue from the blue bloods.
>>
>>73220503
>>73220960

Check out this one bros

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4921-NW-Skyline-Blvd_Portland_OR_97229_M15994-59437#photo0

same exact price, and it's even BIGGER. AND it's in Portland

cycle through the pics, it's insanely epic
>>
>>73220960
Nah. Old homes are far more likely to have retarded layouts, narrow hallways, unusable rooms, etc. And the vast majority of homes don't really last that long. Not exactly disposable, but if it lasts 100 years that an exception.
>>
>>73221444
Dude seriously, look at this one then:
>>73221479

That one is over the top nice with sweet as fuck design
>>
>>73220960
This guy gets it.
>>
>>73221479
Nope. Still not my thing. No workmanship, no...love in that house man.
>>
>>73221484
>narrow hallways
That's definitely true, but it's to allow for bigger rooms. Layouts can be antiquated though. That's a valid point. The kitchens are always in the basements or out of the way because it was servants doing all the cooking. Those things can be modified though. I still think older plans are a good starting point.

You're right that it's not worth the effort if you're buying in a typical bedroom suburb though. However, I'd actually prefer a small split level ranch in a livable neighborhood with lots of kids for my kids to play with, than drop an extra 800K just to have an extra bedroom, and a home theater, in a less livable neighborhood.

The neighborhoods built in the 60's and 70's are still some of the best for kids, and many of the ones closer to city centers have been repopulated by whites. It's all about what's most important to you.

I'll save my dream home plans for a 200 acre farm/homestead in Alaska or something.

>>73221479
Maybe it's because I spend half my childhood in these kind of neighborhoods, but it doesn't really impress me. I honestly enjoyed living in a denser middle class neighborhood more than the super posh outer suburbs.
>>
File: castle-house-1-of-1.jpg (192 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
castle-house-1-of-1.jpg
192 KB, 960x640
get on my level, plebz
>>
File: 1446751109494.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446751109494.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
>>73220369
>Beaverton, Oregon

Say goodbye to that shitbox once the "big one" earthquake rolls through.

As they say in real estate, location, location, location.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.