[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone noticed the Internet becoming significantly more right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: pltomhtj.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pltomhtj.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
Has anyone noticed the Internet becoming significantly more right wing over the last 10 years?

It seems like almost all online political discussion in social media is dominated by conservatives these days. I remember back in the 2004 election that internet culture was dominated by trendy young leftists, but now we have sites like YouTube, 4chan, and even Reddit, that have become anti leftist, anti SJW meme factories.
>>
Truth,and research.Fact>feelings
>>
File: Hows that argument.png (1 MB, 1150x1154) Image search: [Google]
Hows that argument.png
1 MB, 1150x1154
>>73202274
STOP

Please present one argument before posting further.
>>
>>73203097
This
>>
10 yrs ago was 2006 btw. Not that long ago
>>
>>73202274
YouTube and 4chan show what happens when free speech is allowed. This is why leftists are so opposed to free speech and try to silence those who disagree with them. Because without censorship, they lose.
>>
>>73204207
This this this this

Not only are 4chan and YouTube this way, but also any uncensored forum. Topix.com of all websites has a forum section that is always race-baiting one another because they allow it. It just shows everyone's true nature.
>>
>>73202274
You've never heard of a vocal minority? Most average voters aren't psychotic enough to make 20 threads a day on /pol/ about their opinions on inter-racial couples and immigration. The minority finds comfort in online communities of like-minded individuals since few exist in real life nearby...except in super conservative states.
>>
>>73202274
Yes. More so far-right. 10 years ago it would be me alone in the comments, now we have left wing rags not even opening comment sections if the article relates to race or refugees.
>>
Is it that the internet is becoming more right wing, or are you hanging out on more right wing websites? You'll find no shortage of left wingers on many other parts of the internet.
>>
>>73202274
The internet has ended the liberal monopoly of lies.
>>
>>73202274
I saw a legit nu-male today. I couldn't help but laugh internally and think how /pol/ could have made him a meme if I took pictures.
>>
>>73204823
You sound pretty lonely.
>>
>>73204694
Consider the comment s3ction of mainstream publications. Certainly there has been a shift.
>>
File: 1452679827793.jpg (7 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
1452679827793.jpg
7 KB, 250x249
>>73202274
I don't think it's much of a surprise. When you couple the increasingly massive failures of leftist projects (such as the refugee crisis) and the effects they've had in shifting general public opinion, with the increasingly limited range of acceptable public discourse we've seen in the past decade, the internet logically becomes a refuge for right-wing thought.
>>
>>73202274
4chan and most anonymous communities are always counterculture. Ten years ago (or, more accurately, twelve or so), conservativism was more mainstream and counterculture would be leftist. People would poke fun at the right's flaws, and troll them around for shits and giggles. I am talking about *social* right and left, by the way, not *economical*.

The left became more powerful and dominant in every aspect of mainstream life in the past few years: feminist-marxist leftist thought, usually confined to the halls of gender studies programs in ivory tower universities, spilled over into mainstream culture and political life, and everybody noticed. It feels like, simultaneously, aggressive, nearly suicidal pro-immigration policies, self-destructive racial hatred toward whites, and male bashing feminism came together into public, mainstream culture. And so now we poke fun at how fucking retarded all of this is, just like, say, fearmongering about gays was ten years ago, because anonymous speech = countercultural speech.
>>
>>73202274
It's what you want to see for the most part anon.
>>
>>73205645
This.
>>
nobody gives a shit

Reddit isn't right-wing in the slightest btw
If you go to /r/4chan or /r/the_donald you are fucking cancer and deserve to fucking die
>>
>>73205645
But that is not true. 4chan has mostly just done whatever it wants, regardlessof the current mainstream culture.
>>
>>73204207
there's no free speech on 4chan faggot

The owner desides that
>>
>>73202274
Remember how the right-wing generations before us hated liberals? The very word 'liberal' would make them feel disgusted, right?

Liberals are to them what progressives are to us.
>>
>>73205407
the refugee crisis was caused by "conservative" capitalists, aka fucking traitors who should be hanged. It was "right-wing" (note the quotation marks) parties that wanted cheap labor

Right-wing extremism in Europe is anti capitalist
>>
File: 1447577734140.png (706 KB, 506x716) Image search: [Google]
1447577734140.png
706 KB, 506x716
You want to know the real reason why the internet has turned right wing?

It's because of the word 'cuck'. It is the achilles heel of leftist men because when they hear it, they know it says something true about who they are. A single silly word has completely demoralized male leftists.
>>
>>73202274
You forget /pol/.
/pol/ where a pro-Obama board before he got elected.
>>
No, it's just radicals on both sides staying in their Internet hugboxes and focusing on the other radicals in their hugboxes. In the process both sides get more radical and nonsensical, denying statistical evidence and any reason that doesn't fit their narrative.
>>
Well it was cool to be hipster/sjw/pc/etc but now the opposite is happening. Trends come and go in cycles , or maybe "cuck" is working and none want to be called a cuck
>>
>>73202274

You are in a bubble. What you have seen does not represent the majority.

The majority, on the internet and IRL, is now so left-wing that young, smart people are adopting right-wing opinions to distinguish themselves from the masses of brainless morons.

We are basically seeing the rise of right-wing hippies.
>>
>>73202274
Bud, old person here. The internet forum, the bastion of free speech has always been dominated by the right wing. It's the majority in thought. Your Jew overlords and cuck servants who run the mainstream and created the false narrative that left wing ideals are part of any culture.
>>
File: privilege.jpg (77 KB, 1097x496) Image search: [Google]
privilege.jpg
77 KB, 1097x496
>>73202274
Internet lets the truth get out there

also when every adult in your life is a lefty hippy the only way to rebel is to be a square.
>>
>>73202274
I have not noticed that.
>>
>>73205645
Tips cap for understanding social consevatism is now the revolutionary position. Id say simultaneously we (righties) are making a move away from christianity as christianity is moving left.
>>
Because liberals are now the biggest threat to free speech and the internet. It use to be Republicans during the Bush era, but that has changed for obvious reasons.
>>
>>73209978
The fringes pull the center one way or another. The spectrum is what counts.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 768x960
>>73203272
>>
>>73202274
no
>>
>>73202274
People get more conservative as they age. When 4chan started I was in college, eating meals in communal cafeterias, living in a dorm, paying for practically nothing, owing zero taxes, drowning in leftist rhetoric all day. For the last decade the biggest internet demographic has been getting jobs, paying into higher and higher tax brackets, getting married, starting families, starting to go to church again, and suddenly they're a lot more conservative. Well, no shit. An 18 year-old really likes the idea that if he knocks up some girl a doctor will chop up that mistake with a pair of scissors; a married man doesn't have any reason to kid himself about it.
>>
File: 8941600_117051343371.jpg (11 KB, 153x217) Image search: [Google]
8941600_117051343371.jpg
11 KB, 153x217
the pendulum continues to swing

to the right it flows now

but to the left it will go once more
>>
File: Zyclon B time.jpg (8 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
Zyclon B time.jpg
8 KB, 230x230
>>73202274
"Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth."

I would gas every SJW, Leftist, Dembot and Libtard in a heartbeat.
>>
>>73202274

You think this because you spend your internet time in an echo chamber.
>>
File: 4chanorg.png (38 KB, 1122x202) Image search: [Google]
4chanorg.png
38 KB, 1122x202
>>73202274
Is that really what you have observed? I've been noticing the complete opposite. Facebook has always been Libtard with Zuck at the top, but with Chairman Pao at Reddit (yes, she's gone now), Adam Tod Brown's anti-Trump boner on Cracked (I'm not a Trumpet, but anti-Trump is left-wing), Twitter deverifying Milo, and I even recall 4chan killing a Milo thread a week or so ago (I'm not sure of this, though), all of which suggest that the whole Internet is turning full force SJW.
>>
>>73205645
Yeah I remember when 4chan used to be fedora tipping central.
>>
File: 1458112729627.png (521 KB, 2400x1351) Image search: [Google]
1458112729627.png
521 KB, 2400x1351
>>73207342
The cuck is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, retard, communist, degenerate, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a cuck and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”
>>
The right are just butthurt spammers shrieking in manufactured outrage everywhere they can, and regurgitating whatever soundbyte they get warm fuzzies from.
Eventually they'll get in power, and then the left will be the ones spamming again and doing the exact same thing.

It will never end because it really all just results from marketing that is designed to missdirect.

Stupid people are loud, and easily led.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.