[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sarkozy.jpg (46 KB, 599x302) Image search: [Google]
sarkozy.jpg
46 KB, 599x302
https://youtu.be/I8yaiN6ew_g
>>
I don't know what he meant by this, but in French "métissage" does not necessarily mean racial interbreading. It could just mean cultural mixing of some kind too.
>>
INTERRACIAL
BREEDING
CAMPS
>>
>>73191533
Judging by the context of his speech, do you think he meant "métissage" as in interracial couples, or multiculturalism? Is "métissage" also the word for multiculturalism?
>>
>"(...) the objective is to meet the challenge of "métissage" - the challenge of "métissage" that the 21st century is confronting us with. The challenge of "métissage", France has always been familiar with it, and by meeting the challenge of "métissage" France remains faithful to her history. Moreover, it is consanguinity that has always provoked the end of civilizations and societies.
>>
>In the course of centuries, France has always known "métissage", France has always been "métissée".
>>
>France has crossbred cultures, ideas and histories. France, who was able to crossbreed these cultures and these histories, constructed a universal language, because France herself is universal in the diversity of her origins.
>>
>>73191881
Birthing mixed children is just part one. Part two is to have the workers pay for them and support them willfully. They're having trouble with that part.
>>
>Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the last thing: If republican will power does not function, it will be necessary for the Republic to resort to even more forcible methods.
>>
>But we don't have a choice. Diversity at the base of the country must be reflected by diversity at the head of the country. It is not a choice. It is an obligation. It is an imperative. We cannot do otherwise at the risk of finding ourselves faced with considerable problems.

>We must change, so we will change.
>>
>>73191533
Is it possible this is double-speak, because he wants to talk about one thing while being able to give the excuse he meant another, so he chooses a word with the dominant meaning "cross-breed", and then talks about culture and language, so it's ambiguous what he meant?

If he meant multikulturalism, why not just say multikulturalism?
>>
>>73192800

Dunno. He probably meant both (they imply each others to some extent) but was being intentionally vague.

>Is "métissage" also the word for multiculturalism?
They use the word "multiculturalisme" too. Métissage probably implies interbreading a bit more. I watch French news sometimes but I'm not sure.

We need a frog ITT!
>>
>>73193374
>double-speak
Heh, yeah. Probably!
>If he meant multikulturalism, why not just say multikulturalism?
Maybe it's a dirty British word. Looks like he was emphasizing the historial aspect of métissage in France to back himself.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.