[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 30
File: 444.jpg (319 KB, 810x662) Image search: [Google]
444.jpg
319 KB, 810x662
What do you do for a living, /pol/?

>Your tech/grad degree.
>Your profession and income.
>Do you enjoy what you do? Rate your job 1-10.
>Give us an insight on what you learned from it.
>If you're not a graduate/jobless, what are your plans for the future and what do you expect from it?

>Mechatronics technician, electrical engineering graduate + automation & control MSc postgrad.
>Building/industrial automation systems architect (fire detection/alarm/suppression, CCTV, HVAC, energy efficiency, control systems). Earning around USD$3750/month, but as I work on my own projects it may range between $3400 and $4500.
>Been working in this field since I was 15 (field tech). Currently 24.
>Spending the morning visiting the sites and facilities I'm working with, later working at home for the rest of the day, AutoCAD and programming: imgur.com/GKKRBYo.jpg
>Currently 9/10, as it gets monotonous as you develop more expertise. Relatively chill, enough time to enjoy life while still making decent money. I socialize with a lot of different customers and their employees, so it requires some social skills to get along with the job, which can be very enjoyable.
>Americans, Germans, Indians, the Japanese and the French dominate this area. 100% worth dealing with.
>Avoid dealing with the Chinese, they're a headache and there's no such a thing as a sweet deal when it involves China in the equation.
>>
File: jeb-approved.jpg (597 KB, 2000x1382) Image search: [Google]
jeb-approved.jpg
597 KB, 2000x1382
I fuck your mother and she pays me very well.
>>
Professional NEET 30 yo
$0 month
-10/10 Nope
I lost my job in a office doing paperwork, now I am NEET
Future I expect: having enough money to buy a gun and a bullet and end myself
>>
File: 1460001628371.jpg (58 KB, 294x295) Image search: [Google]
1460001628371.jpg
58 KB, 294x295
>>73191126
I thought it was easy getting a job in Canada.
>>
>>73191327

nah, Canada is fuck up now

We are the Canada of Southamerica
>>
>>73190411
Trading

Probably best job you can have in Sweden since I barely have to pay any tax lol.
>>
File: neet.jpg (38 KB, 798x350) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
38 KB, 798x350
NEET
trying to learn to code and then get a shitty job making minimum wage
I have two months before I run out of tendies (seriously)

wish me luck
>>
Wildland Firefighter
I work in a train yard in the off season

It is a reasonable living
>>
>>73191944
how come?

>>73190411
still doing cram school to get into college. any advice that i should follow about a shity course? i was thinking about doing chemistry.
>>
>>73190411

NEET.

Why work when others will work for me?

I make more not working (social benefits) than I would making minimum wage.

I have fun all day, get drunk, fuck, and shitpost.
>>
>>73192627
We've got an account type called ISK.

You only pay a yearly tax on it. Varies a bit. Last year it was 0.90%.
>>
>>73192774
don't you want to leave a legacy to the world, anon?
>>
i'm a 7'1" executive chef at wendys with a 12 inch dick, making $160,000 a year.
>>
>>73190411
University student studying for a Mechanical Engineering degree.
>>
>>73192774
>>73192160
>>73191126

>tfw when half of /pol/ lives on welfare.

I hope you're not the same posters complaining about blacks not working...
>>
>>73193066
>don't you want to leave a legacy to the world, anon?

No. America, like all white countries, is becoming less white. Why work and support the system that supports them? My me working, I support the system that is overthrowing my people and myself. I would rather not contribute to the system. It is the only non-violent way to end it.
>>
>>73190411
>BS in applied memetics
>Professional shill 100k
>I get to shit post all day and get paid. 10/10
>People will eat your bait right up
>Porbably take more shill contracts. Got one with a hill dawg super pac right now
>>
>>73193187
>I hope you're not the same posters complaining about blacks not working...
actually I live on savings from service jobs I held in the past. I am in debt and I am actively working to start a career in order to get myself out of this situation

also I have an irl 3d waifu and I go to the gym 3x weekly
>>
>>73190411
English teacher (EFL), I have MAs in English and education.
>>
File: youarenotfree.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
youarenotfree.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
NEETS are patriots.

I have no control over where my tax dollars go to.

If I work, I will be taxed and my taxes will go to support shitskins.

The white working class works for the rest of the world.

I'm not playing the game.
>>
File: ozymandias1.jpg (598 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
ozymandias1.jpg
598 KB, 2592x1944
>>73193066
>>
File: 1461224276471.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461224276471.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
I'm working a 12 hour shift as an extrusion operator right now for 15 an hour.

I've got a ged and not much else.

I was getting payed better at my old job of construction but my boss screwed me out of 2.5 grand.

Fucking kill me, I need something better than this
>>
>24
>2.1 computing degree
>work part time as cashier
>attend part-time classes
>supplementary neet bux
>live with parents
>never been in relationship

pseudo-neet here. Trying to find better employment but can't get interviews. It's shit. There must be more to life than this.
>>
File: FortMcMurray.jpg (64 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
FortMcMurray.jpg
64 KB, 600x400
>>73191944
>>73193026
I have a buddy from Norway who works selling boats and sea-doos, also said trading is a sweet profession in Norway. I assume that applies for Scandinavia in general.

>>73192442
Reasonable? I've seen pictures of wildfires in California and now Fort McMurray in Canada. Maybe a reasonable living when you're off season, because this shit looks nightmarish.

>>73192774
That's what the commies were doing to a large extent in this country as well. Not gonna happen anymore. I'd feel pretty bad being in that situation.

>>73193178
Engineering is the way to go if you enjoy the stuff. Can't fail with that.

>>73192627
Go for chemistry then get an MSc in biochemistry, you can get a job working at the pharmaceutic industry: it's chill and you can make decent cash. If you live away from the Southeast/in the countryside, you can still work in the agronomy field, but you're not going to make nearly as much.
>>
English Degree
Student - Part Time Waiter
Hate it 0/10

Get degree to keep family off my back. Then fuck knows what
>>
> some college studied petrol engineering. Hate school, cant stand when idiots get good grades. trivializes the entire thing for me.
>be 27
> $42k per year
> assistant project manager in commercial construction.
>job 4/10 long hours low pay
>company i work for is shit. But i had little experiance so i took the gig.
>have interview next week, lateral move to competing company. Will pay $65k and will be PM in 2 years for $95k

Construction is literally the best industry though
>>
>>73190411
>McGill BA English Major/Drama Minor
>Attended UBC for BEd, starting environmental geography masters but didn't finish.
>worked a few jobs in my life: snowboard instructor, bouncer (5months), volunteered during a few political campaigns, mp, drama teacher and now i'm in federal politics.
>Love what I do. I travel a lot on taxpayer money and get to make cool social media posts about social issues like feminism and attend gay pride parades. Meet lots of people. 8/10.
>After this job I would like to work for Whistler Blackcomb resort in BC to get back to my roots as a snowboard instructor. I learned the most from that job than any others.
>just
>>
>>73193187

nah, in my country there is no welfare

if you don't work you are let to have a slowly dead by hunger and/or sickness
>>
>>73193585
that's because of all the pakis takin your jobs thas right.

Got a friend in yorkshire, he's been waiting a year and a half to get his driver's license. I can't imagine having to deal with bullshit like that
>>
>>73190411

>Your tech/grad degree.
I'm a Cert. IV Tradesman in Electrical Communications. I also have a Bachelor of Education (Secondary), as in I can teach at high schools.

Royal Australian Navy. Currently earning $92k p.a.

I enjoy my job as a sailor, but not my job as an Electronics Technician. Also, the people I work with are fucking stupid. I plan on discharging end of next year, but all in all, I give my job about a 7/10.

Most important thing I have learned from the trades course has been V=I/R. Everything else is just knowing the equipment/where it draws power from/general hydraulics systems. Pretty basic stuff.

>If you're not a graduate/jobless, what are your plans for the future and what do you expect from it?
Start my own marine installation business when I get out and/or do lots of recreational drugs and steroids.
>>
I have no job.
I've been looking for a job actively, every week, for the last 9 years, i've moved across the country from east to west, i'm in washington right now, headed to seattle pretty soon, i'm sure there's manual labor or something hippies won't do.

I've been unable to find a steady job though. I just turned 20 in 2008 and college wasn't an option since I was poor and since i'm white i'm not elligible for any scholarships that would make a dent in any uni tuition.

I've had temporary work, mostly manual labor, that's how i've afforded to travel as much as I have, but I want nothing more than to just fucking settle down. I'm almost 30, i'm done spending 12 hours a day walking in the burning heat or freezing cold. But I still can't find one because of diversity quotas and lack of experience in a total fucking catch 22. How am I supposed to get experience to work if i'm not allowed to show my worth? I'm not trying to be a fucking brain surgeon here, I just want to work in a call center, work as a paper pusher. I'd be fine with that. But even those are thrust entirely upon the immigrant population. It's infuriating. There's no place for me anywhere. Years of my life just gone because I was born the wrong color.
>>
Chemical engineer
500k a year plus tip
>>
>>73194319
>>73192442
>>73195556

Thank you for working so I don't have to.
>>
>Degree in blagging and contacts.
>NDT technician (TOFD Inspection) £2000 week.
>I enjoy what i do, i work with like minded people who are also blaggers and insane, its like working with high paid criminals on a daily basis, 10/10.
>Just because you are old doesn't mean you have any worthile knowledge or life experience.
>Why the fuck would i go to University?
>>
>>73195732
No problem 10k a year must have you very comfy
>>
>>73195868
>No problem 10k a year must have you very comfy
>10k

Not even close.

http://nypost.com/2013/08/19/when-welfare-pays-better-than-work/
>>
I want to go into academics, dream job is probably a professor in a smaller school. I'm trying to major in History and teach that but I feel I'm flexible in any liberal arts subject such as Philosophy, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, etc. I really just want to educate and inspire the next generation and make sure I can leave a lasting, positive impact. I feel like none of the people around me ever really found a passion or showed a good work ethic and I'd love to finally live around these types of individuals whether they're colleagues or my students. I'm only 19 at the moment so obviously this is all conjecture but at the moment it sounds like my best option.

THAnks fro reading my blog
>>
>BS in Geology
>1 month until graduation

Any other geo bros out there? I was planning on working in O&G when I started my degree, but that's not likely to happen. Mining and commodities maybe, but they're also slumping (though copper is rising).

I guess that leaves environmental/consulting, GIS, geotech.

Pls someone give me some insight
>>
Any advice on how to make money with political science degree?
>inb4: you dun goofed
I know
>>
I really wish I could have a better job soon. Night shift starts next week and it's going to be shit.

Anyone got a suggestions for a dude who likes computers, numbers and not being up for 12 hours at a time but hates minimum wage?
>>
>>73196073
>http://nypost.com/2013/08/19/when-welfare-pays-better-than-work/
38k in nyc is equivalent to 10k in the midwest.

Nice quality of life you have there man!
>>
>>73196615
Google and research NDT.
>>
>>73196733
Will research ndt, thanks brother
>>
>>73196615
get your A+, Network+, and get a help desk position. Learn python/sql along the way, and after a year or so you could start working as a junior NOC position or maybe network engineer.

IT pays well if you have the know how, and you can let other people know you have the know how by knowing your shit, having certs (which dont guarantee ANYTHING, but they're nice to have), and constantly improving yourself.

Forget about the polsci degree for use in a direct career, but you CAN leverage your status as a degree holding faggot for better job prospects/pay.
>>
>>73196615
My sister who got a poli sci degree worked up the corporate ladder at a social media company, then got hired at an online advertising company for even better pay. I think her income is 80k
>>
BS in History
File Clerk 27k
No, 4/10
I learned the longer people stay in one job the more unhappy they are.

I'm planning on switching careers to teaching so I can use my degree and have more vacation time
>>
>>73190411

>Associates degree in Applied Welding Technology. then Certified Welding Inspector certs
>Weld inspector. Its complicated.I make about 7k/mo from the inspector job. But I inherited a hotel from my parents that my wife runs while I work away. Last year we made 1.2m Before taxes.
> I enjoy it. 9 out of 10. People out in the construction field are very real and level headed. Its nice to work with people to achieve a goal. Now for the hotel 10/10 Being your own boss is amazing. When I am home I can run the office in my pajamas and no one can tell me othewise. The one failing point would be that customers are fucking stupid. But I have great stories from that hotel.
>From the construction field I would say I learned how to be a man. I learned dependability and amazing teamwork skills. I know how to weld and getting paid to play with fire is awesome too. The hotel taught me patience, and that being with family is awesome.
>I plan on maybe 5-10 years from now flattening my hotel and building a 3-4 story hotel on the land (Its currently a 1 story) I also want to open up a gun store.
>>
>>73196711
>38k in nyc is equivalent to 10k in the midwest.

I don't live in NYC. New York is a state and it's more than just NYC.
>>
>>73196665
Accounting
>>
>>73190411

I own a liquor store.
>>
>>73197544
Hm ok you're right. But you're not a single mother with 2 kids thats collecting a BENEFITS PACKAGE worth 38k. Its not 38k straight cash lmao.
>>
I live in my parents summer home, and get an allowance. I have a ba in English but don't use it.
>>
>>73197758

I'm not, but my "girlfriend" is.
>>
>>73190411
I serve my caliph as marshall of the realm
30 dirhems a week
we expect to conquer europe within 10 years inshallah
10/10, really enjoy it
>>
>>73197758

How to get $75k in benefits for you and your girlfriend.

Follow these proven steps.

Don’t get married to her.
Use your mom’s address to get mail sent to.
The guy buys a house.
Guy rents out house to his girl girlfriend who has 2 of his kids.
Section 8 will pay 900 a month for a 3 bedroom home.
Girlfriend signs up for Obamacare so guy doesn’t have to pay out the butt for family insurance.
Girlfriend gets to go to college for free being a single mother
Girlfriend gets 600 a month for food stamps
Girlfriend gets free cell phone
Girlfriend get free utilities.
Guy moves into home but uses moms house to get mail sent to.
Girlfriend claims one kid and guy claims one kid on taxes. Now you both get to claim head of house hold at $1800 credit.
Girlfriend gets disability for being “crazy” or having a “bad back” at $1800 a month and never has to work again.
This plan is perfectly legal and is being executed now by millions of people.

A married couple with a stay at home mom yields $0 dollars.

An unmarried couple with stay at home mom nets.

21600 disability +

10800 free housing +

6000 free obamacare +

6000 free food +

4800 free utilities +

6000 pell grant money to spend +

12000 a year in college tuition free from pell grant +

8800 tax benefit for being a single mother =

———

75,000 a year in benefits
>>
I'm a social worker, now working as "NEET detective". I search for isolated people(mostly men age of 18-25) and help them to get back into the society, some just need help with searching a job, some need help to even get out of their house.

I'm also a personal assistant to old people who need someone to help with going to food store, taking care of the house or just need some human company.

Shitty pay, no respect, but someone has to do it and I enjoy it.
>>
File: engineer.jpg (193 KB, 1880x1059) Image search: [Google]
engineer.jpg
193 KB, 1880x1059
>>73194319
How the fuck do you hop from $65k to $95k at a hierarchic career?

>>73194335
Based. I met a fella at college who was also doing a bunch of different stuff he enjoyed, rather than settling for a single career. Not a good option if you're looking for the riches, so long that makes you happy.

>>73196665
I'd recommend you getting a tech degree in computer science. Nowadays you need at least a tech degree if you're looking for a decent job in a specific field.

>Economy/accounting, computer science, automation engineering, electronics engineering, biomedicine. In these areas you pretty much sit your ass all day in front of a computer screen doing math.

>>73197178
>Now for the hotel 10/10 Being your own boss is amazing.
Way to go is to have your own business. I can't stand a boss. I worked at Siemens in the past and it was great, had a great boss and a great team, but it's a whole different life to carry your own business.
>The one failing point would be that customers are fucking stupid.
I always keep in mind that I'm a customer as well, and sometimes I can be just as stupid. That's one easy way to handle your customers, cause in the end they're no different from you really.
>>
>>73196665

Accounting, actuary
>>
>>73190411
No degree when I started, will never finish my electronics engineering degree because of cost.
Bulk shipping operator at a mine. 80k annually
The actual job isn't too hard 7/10, coworkers and bosses 1/10
learned that unions are a necessary evil but unless its strong are completely worthless. Women in the workplace have special treatment and if you actually do your job you don't get recognized you just have to do other peoples work too. I make too much money to quit and not enough to be really comfortable. So I'm pretty much stuck here with the current economy. Would like to finish my degree and get a tech job but I'm pretty sure I'll be unskilled labor forever =/
>>
Chemical engineering PhD

Unemployed

I finished a postdoc two months ago but don't have any offers.
>>
>>73192774
nigger mentality
>>
>>73198756

Thank you for your employment.
>>
File: 1462124785038.jpg (43 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1462124785038.jpg
43 KB, 540x405
>BS Horticulture and BS Genetics
>Greenhouse Inspector (breeder patents) - 45k but hotels, food, and travel covered
>6/10 lots of paperwork and time on the road but its good for someone right out of school
>This whole industry has really changed in the last 20 years especially in ornamental crop. It's the classic conglomeration story but it has really changed from modest plant guys to publicly traded brands, big patents, CEOs with helicopters and shit, etc. Mom and pop growers are closing down like crazy mostly due to new greenhouse practices (more input/technology) and shear old age. I get a lot of the growers complaints.
>>
>>73196846
Its nothing to do with Political science but if you can get into NDT and work hard you can progress fast as balls.
>>
>>73190411
Do for a living?

Such a poorfag question. I have legal claims to enough wealth to support myself and 3 generations of offspring. I do what I love. Why don't you?
>>
I'm thinking of starting a home business where I make and sell homemade parchment journals, woven wall hangings, jewellery, carved wooden items, etc.
>>
>>73196891
>>73196897
Thanks for the advice guys
>>
>>73190411
I'm a writer. That's all the jewdox you're getting from me, heebs
>>
BA in Comp sci
Software dev 80k
1/10 I sit in a chair all day and my wrist and hands hurt all the time
An insight? Don't do this.
>>
>Double major in business(MBA) and economics
>Own a stock investment firm/Stock broker
>10
>How to build a company and how the stock market fluctuates based on events that happen, how to predict where the economy is heading and what to invest in
>>
>>73193337
How're you enjoying teaching? I have an MA, doing my MEd right now. Lost 7 years in socialized healthcare purgatory, options now are teach or government drudge.
>>
>>73199026
hey Aumm
>>
>>73199988
At first I kinda hated it because I'm an introvert, but after 9 months now I love it, I wouldn't do anything else. It gets better anon, don't be discouraged. You form a bond with those freaking brats, they're mostly smart but lazy as shit.
>>
>>73199249
Good luck to competing with Chinese mass production
>>
>>73190411
History
Test analyst at a pension company (ngo)
10, work from home 2 days a week, fuck about, get to go early, based managers
£34k
Learned to work in a very process driven environment. Learnt to play office politics and to take pride in my work. My manager is great and very much a mentor to me, with his help I went from relatively unliked to next in line to get promoted.
>>
>>73200146
>date] [Auto] 4 new posts
Thanks, I needed to hear that. I'm honestly excited by the prospect, but all the people I know around here are older, and they've become broken down and bitter as hell. A lot of it is related to the area, you're fighting aspirational parents every step of the way. I'm keeping my hopes up, especially if I get away from the GTA.
>>
>>73198278
My goal is to get a tech degree but I need something that will put me through college/university.

This warehouse shit is truly soulcrushing
>>
>>73194319
Construction is best for 4yrs out of 10.
Between the crashes.
Get ready to relocate or ride the waves.
Nice swell now, 3rd or 4th in 25 yrs. Stack yer tendies, gets brutal in the troughs.
>>
>>73190411
>Film Production
>Communications manager at Local Police, also run/own a media company
>£40,000 - 30 hours a week (4 days). Made £20k with my company last year
>8/10
>How to manipulate people
>>
File: hitlermaymay.gif (1 MB, 360x300) Image search: [Google]
hitlermaymay.gif
1 MB, 360x300
mfw NEETs actually think they are fooling the system
mfw NEETs have coined the word wagecuck
mfw NEETs comprise the majority of neo-/pol/ posters
mfw NEETs probably complain about negroes/kikes/sjws etc. while being the definition of cancerous degenerative tissue that is end product of civilizational decay/decadency
>>
>>73202594

Thanks for the tax dollars you generate so we don't have to work. It's appreciated. Keep up the good work.
>>
>Maintenance at a church
>7/10 I like fixing things
>30 hrs a week for low pay but I get nearly 12k in benefits
>mostly by myself all day and do shit for the old people when they come for service

my dad works at another church and I'm hoping to take his place when he retires in a couple of years. Lot more things to do and horny MILFs every where.

I worked 15 years in the Home theater industry. I tolerated it. Got laid off though. I still do it on the side.
>>
File: MeditationsMarcusAurelius1811.jpg (312 KB, 783x642) Image search: [Google]
MeditationsMarcusAurelius1811.jpg
312 KB, 783x642
>>73202818
No NEETbux here m8. Also, what do you want in life? Dont you have aspirations,a dream or a goal? You do realize that you are getting your NEETbux because society considers you too mentally retarded/dead inside/inept that you are unable to function properly,let alone achieve greatness. How can you be ok with that?
>>
>>73203623
>what do you want in life?

I get a lot out of life. I have all day to go do things and enjoy the world while you work so I don't have to. Happiness isn't measured by the amount of stuff you accumulate because you were able to purchase more goods. I get enjoyment out of taking my family to the beach during the day, for example.
>>
>>73204068
M8 I have some really bad news for you. After you plow through a couple of years working if you are an intelligent and have a way with people you are down with a life fulfilled by happiness. I have worked my ass of as a postgrad (complex systems/econophysics/physics) and I have landed myself a pretty sweet deal. I am an advisor for a bank I will not name and I am living the dream life,unlike 95% of my population and it all boils down to the amount of work I have put in over the years that repaid a hundredfold. I am really sorry that you are going to live out your life as a leech or at best,a cocoon of a man who will impact nothing in his life.
>I will take care of my family
I am engaged and I will probably have more time for my family than you and I will lead by example. NEET mentality you project will probably determine your kids life and if you are okay than that then you are a sad little man. I wouldnt give two fucks about you,but your family is going to suffer because you are stuck in puberty/adolescence. I sincerely hope that you will realize what are you actually doing. Read the Meditations I posted earlier and then proceed to read all stoic philosophy. That can be an eye opener,if that does not do it for you I dont know what will.
>>
>>73205087

Thanks for working bro, I'm serious, so I have more time with my family enjoying life instead of working to worry about what flashy car I can drive or house I can have. I don't need those things, I'm fine with what little flashy things I have.
>>
>>73193781
disturbingly similar to my situation
>>
Student at a college
Majoring in Political Science, but I may switch to history or geology
History is gonna be 4/10 for jobs, I'm percieving a 7/10 for geology
Can any geobros give insight and tips for a college freshman about your job? How did you find your job?
>>
>>73190411
>BS in Public Policy
>Work at movie theater make about 40k/year.
>I genuinely enjoy it.
>Learned that enjoying my life and using my money is more important than being locked in an office all day amassing a pile of money. Not going back.
>>
>>73190411
>no degree
>wallmart I make $11/hour
>I rate it a 3
>I learned nothing, and you learned nothing either from working
>>
>>73205484
You do realize that Stoicism does not promote material accumulation? I am not working for a flashy car or a big house,I do not care for that. I am literally working on research whilst being an advisor/quant. There is a big chance that you will be sitting in your couch at home flipping through the channels and you will gaze upon my face. There are not many Croats in the world so you will remember me. You will remember that you decayed in your cage while the exciting world kept turning without even considering you the smallest cog in the mechanism. They are giving you money because you,just like all of us, a lump of material that never even put in the effort to become a cog. Cog can stunt a mechanism,cog can change it and the mechanism ultimately depends on the cog. You chose to be a nignog instead of a cog and you made the ultimate mistake. If you are a man of faith your own God will sentence you to eternal damnation due to your life choices and if you are not you will be an anonymous parasite. Which one do you prefer?
>>
FPGA/digital design engineer - bs in compE
Making 80k/yr
Im still pretty new to it but its exciting and challenging
I plan on staying in this field because veterans get pair a lot
>>
File: SqB23IV.png (101 KB, 666x338) Image search: [Google]
SqB23IV.png
101 KB, 666x338
>>73200096
Aumm?
>>
>>73206612
Paid*
>>
>>73190411
>Double BA Business/IT
>Console operator, looking for work in graduate field, every job has a tide of applicants. Shit income that varies.
>I need to get a real job so sick of looking
>I am saving for house deposit, looking to buy within 6months of getting decent fulltime work. Live in one bedroom rent out the rest.
>>
>>73206457
>There is a big chance that you will be sitting in your couch at home flipping through the channels and you will gaze upon my face.

I don't watch cable tv or any over-the-air tv.

Okay bro, feel better about yourself working and call me whatever you want. I'm not going to work because I don't have to, other people work so I don't have to.
>>
I don't do anything.
>>
I've been a grunt (US Army), a city cop, a construction worker and now I work for the feds as a lazy and surly government worker (maintenance man). I make $27.00 per hour. I have a bachelors degree in Criminal justice. My job is a 7. I have excellent benefits, a defined pension and good time off. Job can be described as lots of down time and then lots of work then down time again.

If you are a veteran I suggest you give working for the government a chance. I had to apply to 150 jobs before I landed this one. But its worth it.
>>
>>73198534

>I make too much money to quit and not enough to be really comfortable.
Where do you live that you cannot be comfortable on $80k per year?
>>
>>73206693
your image was originally from a facebook group i used to go on

my bad man
>>
>>73207039
But why are you assuming that working is somehow a torture? In what kind of a sick world do you live in? And I love the fact that I am working,I wake up almost every morning happy that I will work that day. Do you need reminding I support you,you are a kid and I am your parent. I am giving you money because you are useless,deprived of all ambition and overall a mistake. The only reason I am giving you money is because you are my kid and I do not want you to starve to death. I hope that you are at least intelligent enough to catch this metaphor.
Somehow your cuck mentality does not concern you at all. How can you browse /pol/ and continue to be a NEET?
>>
>>73207790

The United States government takes the money from the working man and gives it to illegal immigrants. Gives it to all sorts of non-whites.

By working, the white working class literally pays for their own overthrow.

I'm not going to pay for that. I would rather use the legal means I have and leech the system, like the rest of the world is doing.

I'm not the cuck, I don't pay for Muhammado, Jose, or Tyrone.

The faster this system collapses, the better.
>>
>>73190411
holy shit, you have a masters and only make 40k? People get out and make 20k more than that with just a bachelors in my area, I am pulling in 102k with a masters.
>>
25, NEET, college dropout with miniscule work experience.

I fantasize about killing myself almost constantly, but don't have the guts to go through with it yet.
>>
File: 1431589413235.jpg (71 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1431589413235.jpg
71 KB, 600x656
What would be the career for choice for someone who want's to study something regardless of how hard it is so long as he can get low hours and non-mediocre pay?

I don't want cool cars, a top tier house or any of that shit. So long as I can afford a car, an alright apartment, and don't get fucked over by unexpected bills I will be happy. My only wish is to work as little as possible, fuck my country's work culture of working overtime everyday 6 days a week.
>>
doxing time!

post your personal data so i can sell it on the black market.
>>
Coast Guard. Low pay good benefits. Going to boot camp next month. Specialized training in a career field of my choice. Aiming to be stationed in Maine or Alaska. Going to finish up my engineering degree on the government's dime. Might make it a lifelong career or get out and work as a merchant marine.
>>
File: 1457032709362.jpg (90 KB, 551x720) Image search: [Google]
1457032709362.jpg
90 KB, 551x720
>>73190900
You are a paid Hillary shill get the fuck out

OUT! OUT! OUT!
>>
File: 1.png (59 KB, 421x498) Image search: [Google]
1.png
59 KB, 421x498
>>73208534
I have the guts, just not the gun
>>
This thread inspired me to go job searching again. I usually just look at Craigslist for work, what do you among suggest?
>>
>>73208281
>I am not the cuck
>this whole post
>he actually thinks that he is helping the world/his country
My man you are beyond saving.
>>
>>73209920

Who do you you think pays for this, the migrants or the working man?

>German Government Offers Classes to Teach Migrants to Seduce White Women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C--olgLsQE
>>
File: 1373727672863.gif (1 MB, 281x215) Image search: [Google]
1373727672863.gif
1 MB, 281x215
>>73190411
Working on undergrad BS in Health Sciences
Work in food. Meme money $9/hour fml
2/10 job, at least I get free food and laugh at customers
Nobody is going to give you anything for free. In fact, when people figure out what you've got, no matter how little, trouble seems to find its way to you to attempt to take just that
Since I haven't graduated yet, I'm planning on picking up more loans to help pay for the rest of school and either go to physician assistant school for grad or try some sort of pharm rep.
Kill me.

But really, anyone have advice?
>>
>>73190411

Degree and master's in History

>teacher
>quitting after four years because tired of the bullshit

Teaching is the ultimate redpill. I started Allende and am leaving Pinochet.
>>
>>73193175
Underated post
>>
File: 1458572487330.png (187 KB, 346x406) Image search: [Google]
1458572487330.png
187 KB, 346x406
Seems like a lot 4chan users have at least a bachelors degree, work 20 hrs. a week, make around $100k a year , own a house and a bunch land out in the country , are single but date 10/10 bitches, and have a IQ of at least 145.
>>
>>73190411
>Your tech/grad degree.

BA Political Science, Economics Minor
Journalist, $75,000

people in charge are fucking morons.
>>
Cyber Defense Software Developer
10/10
>>
>>73211491
On the internet no one knows you're a dog.
>>
B.S. In psych
Lab technician
45-55k depending on overtime
8/10. Solving the issues that arise suites my personality I guess, boring at times
>>
File: 1461519369489.jpg (182 KB, 960x389) Image search: [Google]
1461519369489.jpg
182 KB, 960x389
>>73208497
Considering I live in a country that was under marxist control ("Worker's" Party, the ultimate irony) for over 2 decades, making $45k~50k/y I consider myself lucky. Then again I have my own business, the average Brazilian/working class citizens can barely make $15k/y working 10h/day 5 days/week. Slave-tier life pretty much, when Americans on welfare can make twice as much by doing absolutely nothing.

>>73210597
Get a job in your field, can't you work as a tech if you're an undergrad? People here usually work as techs by the age of 17 or as early as 15, and they progress from there.
I'd honestly find a better job in the field first, then get the loans to finish the course. So if you're already working in your field of studies, it's much easier to progress as you don't need to struggle to find a company that suits you.

>>73212396
A tech in the US makes as much as I do with a master's degree having my own business. Feels bad.
>>
2 year cad
35k 22-26 years old
50k 25-32 years old
60k-70k 33-36 years old
>>
>Your tech/grad degree.
IT. MCSA. CCENT. Various comptia certs. 8 yrs experience.

SysAdmin. 62k/yr. Hourly so this goes up with OT.

I play video games and shitpost here about 15-20 hrs a week. I wish I was more challenged. I like it though. Going to move companies in a few years.

Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance.

I'm 30 years old. Im trying to save money to buy my first rental property. I know a poor neighborhood in my area that is going to become real nice in a few years and I'm hoping to own two properties there before it happens.
>>
>BS Computer Science
>DBA - $70k/year
>Sometimes. It's a love/hate relationship. 6/10.
>I can understand poo in loos much better than I used to.
>Get into another IT field or management.
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 1024x915) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 1024x915
>>73197870
Underrated post
>>
>>73196587
I was thinking about a geology bsc but decided against it cause the prospects were so shit.
>>
File: 1618684006.jpg (116 KB, 630x447) Image search: [Google]
1618684006.jpg
116 KB, 630x447
Being a Traffic Warden (supervisor) is redpilled, right /pol/?
>>
Have my crane licenses and welding certifations and I can't get a job anywhere because I lack experience, fucking blows man
>>
BA in English moving to California in five days to become a sex slave for a man I've never met. It's an okay life.
>>
>>73190411

>Working towards associates degree in accounting
>Certified Payroll Professional
>Make $48k a year

Hopefully one day I'll get my BA and be better off but right now just kind of trucking along.
>>
>>73193175
God bless you
>>
>>73195379

You need some sort of training or certificate bro.
Or prove yourself in sales if you can cut it.

I understand your pain.
>>
>>73190411
I sit at home on 4chan and play videogames while my girlfriend does office work.
>>
File: 1452224032753.jpg (73 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1452224032753.jpg
73 KB, 600x800
>>73190411

I am a brewer. I have no qualifications on paper. But I make good beer and I learned it all on the job.
>>
>AS in Mechanical Engineering
>Dropped out of undergrad after my program was cancelled, lost 4 years of college one class shy of a BSME/BSMS
>Engineering Manager
>$105k (southern US, don't let the low pay fool you)
>7
>Very rewarding to train new engineers and watch them grow into their abilities. Very aggravating dealing with angry customers
>Trust your gut
>All's well that ends
>Introspection is the key to self improvement
>Never let anyone tell you that you cannot achieve something
>>
>>73190411
lol you only make 4000 a month as an engineer?

that's awful. is that a lot of money for brazil?
>>
>>73216953
What's the pay and hours like?

More importantly, do you like it?

Being a sysadmin is sooooo boring
>>
>>73215090
Make shit up if it's something you can pick up quickly. Worst case scenario is they find out and don't hire you, which is where you're already at.
>>
>>73217296
Apparently if we get caught lying about crane we can lose our licenses. Not worth the risk man
>>
>college dropout
>recycling plant manager
>$55k +bonus
>>
Machinist
17/hr
7/10, it's generally engaging but lately work is slow

currently studying operations/supply chain management. May consider a master's; the company pays my tuition costs.
>>
>>73218569

Atta boy.

I started out in Tool and Dye, never ended up working in the trade but respect my fellow machinists.

Except CNC monkeys. Fuck CNC monkeys.
>>
>24
>college dropout
>now records clerk at a hospital
>~46k
I'm not crazy about it but the money isn't too bad.
I feel like should have gone into a trade earlier, I like working with tools and shit.
>>
File: 2-hit-combo.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
2-hit-combo.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
I'm a NEET, worked my ass off for 8 years brown nosing and kissing ass everyday for $30 an hour as a scheduler at a hospital. I came in late twice and they fired me. Couldn't pay my rent anymore so I'm back at home with mom, which is the worst feeling in the world as a full grown man. I don't have the confidence or willpower to find another job, and it's hard as hell even to get a job at fucking McDonald's. Fuck you Obama! Where's MY private sector job? I'm sick and tired of America, maybe I should move. Maybe I'll stay till November to see if Trump wins or not...
>>
>>73209769
Warehouses always need packers/handlers. Very demanding, but those kinds of jobs will always be there. That or be a dogwalker.
>>
>>73190411
25yo
Comp sci / math degree
Technical Business analyst - 100k (usually 115 w bonus)
7/10
schmooze with execs and you will be promoted. hire lots of shitskin indians to write your code
wear confederate grey in the south
>>
>>73190411
>Your tech/grad degree.

BA, majored in PoliSci with a concentration in Political Economy (also licensed in life, casuality and a couple of other lines of insurance, not that I use it)

Right now unemployed and 0. Spent the last year bouncing around a bunch of crappy low paying jobs. In a month I'll be in Cheonan SK teaching english to middle schoolers.

I mean I run everyday, spend several hours a day studying for the lsat, clearing brush in my parent's yard, going on walks with my dog, reading up on history/psychology/politics/economics and talking/hanging out with my gf.

Life is pretty choice atm t.bh

Don't major in PoliSci kids.

Right now I'm studying for the lsat. I've been scoring between 169-175 (97th-99.5th percentile) on my timed practice tests. If I can get into a decent law school (I have my eye on Georgetown and UCLA) I'll go for it- if not I'll try for an MPA or MPP.

The legal market is saturated af. Even a regionally decent tier one program like the one at my Alma Mater (UW William H. Gates, 33rd in the nation out of more than 200 schools) only has a 60-% placement rate.

Shit's fucked.

I think I'd enjoy being a trial lawyer but 3 yrs, six figures in loans and a ridiculously saturated job market is pushing me more towards the MPA/MPP (the UW MPA program at the Evans school is ranked 9th in the country, I think I could get in and I would graduate with a relatively low debt load and almost guaranteed employment in a field that I'm passionate about).

So yeah, that's where I'm at.
>>
>>73193175
>Not $200,000

Step it up senpai
>>
>>73195379
Idiot.

There are plenty of poor white students who go to college on loans.

How many brown people do you think actually get scholarships/special help for being colored?

Not nearly as many as you think. Stop blaming other people for being a fuck up and do something about your life.

Btw, I live in Seattle. Minimum wage is $13 (set to increase to $15 in a few years) and the job market is good but cost of living is high. You need a game plan or you're going to be homeless.

You certainly wouldn't be the first person to come to Seattle with no money, looking for work only to wind up on the street.
>>
>>73196142
Academia (and esp. the subjects you listed) is oversaturated as fuck right now. Rough market to move into- more likely than not you'll end up as a thirty somethingn adjunct at a community colllege in a shitty suburb somewhere with zero prospect of an eventual tenure track professorship.

But by all means follow your dreams.
>>
File: file-page1.png (789 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
file-page1.png
789 KB, 2550x3300
any of you guys care to tell me why my resume sucks?

Been applying to minimum wage-tier jobs and IT/CS internships. Not getting responses except the ones that tell me the position has been filled. I'm just about to apply to a new batch of internships / jobs, 15 of each tonight and tomorrow, want to make sure everything is in good shape.
>resume in pic
>cover-letter 'template' will be in next post

Should I be calling after applying for large corporate minimum wage stuff? I know to do this for selective internships, but what about the frozen section of fucking Stop & Shop?
>>
>>73222015
Here's what I typically have as a cover-letter. Also, I'm 21 and did not finish bachelor's and would rather not go back to Uni.
>>
>>73222015
you didnt finish college.
>>
>>73221961
the oversaturated market of today is the undersaturated market of tomorrow, hopefully
>>
>Your tech/grad degree.
B.Sc, J.D from top law school in Canada

Corporate law, major firm on Bay St. in Toronto.
$150,000 + a year

Enjoy abusing ADHD medication to do research and other duties for hours on end, do whatever it takes to have a competitive edge.

High all the time. 10/10

Money = Freedom
>>
>Your tech/grad degree.
High school diploma, went to college twice but dropped out both times
Neet, I'm on welfare and make 663 a month
Shitposting/10 I wish I had enough motivation to get a real job
I'm a useless piece of shit. Why am I even allowed to live like this?
>>
>BS, Physics
>Retired. $2500/mo from Social Security. $3500/mo from pension.
>House paid for. Car paid for. No student loans, went to college back when it was affordable. Credit card balance of $0.00.
>About $800,000 in savings.
>No expensive medical conditions. No child support. No big expenses of any kind.
>Life is good.
>>
>>73222548
This isn't like construction where there are cyclical downturns.

Professorships are highly desirable, there are more qualified individuals for these positions than at any time in history (and the trend shows no signs of reversing) while hiring for these positions has stagnated due (in large part because Universities have realized that they can hire TAs/Adjuncts at a fraction of the price as full time tenured professors).

I just read a couple of great articles that I would get for you if I had the url saved but here's something that at least touchs on the problem (I would do more research of your own before committing to your career goal)

http://www.economist.com/node/17723223

>>73222930
Given the choice between a big law position and working as a prosecuting attorney for the government (with enrolling in a federal loan repayment scheme for government employees that would cap my loan payments to a relatively small amount and forgive the balance at the end of ten years) which would you choose?

Should I go for the best school I can get into or a lower ranked school that will give me more money (I'm >>73220628 btw)?

Any tips or advice?

Thanks a ton
>>
File: Mayor of London.png (177 KB, 556x527) Image search: [Google]
Mayor of London.png
177 KB, 556x527
>>73222015
Well you didn't run spellcheck for your CV.
>poliical science
You also use inconsistent capitalisation and grammar in general
>Philosophy, with Computer Science minor
>computer science and poliical science
>ended Other section with a semicolon for some reason;

Not that I'm good at that shit either, I've probably made plenty of mistakes in this post alone. But since it's your resume you'll be wanting to double check it.

It seems to imply that you didn't finish a degree out of your further education, even after switching your Colleges and course once. That kind of makes you look unmotivated to be honest.

But the most important thing is that most jobs are more to do with who you know more than anything. Ask one of your friends or family if they can help you get a position somewhere.
>>
File: 1461162606370.jpg (109 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1461162606370.jpg
109 KB, 960x960
>>73223710
Wew... I had changed the text and must have missed those. Thanks a lot bud. Should I add that I took the courses at the 2nd university while in high school, and that I attended the 3rd as an exchange student? Cheers
>>
would love some advice from anyone who knows shit

i'm graduating with a mecheng degree this summer but don't want to work in engineering because it's just not my kind of life

what other things can i do with it?
>>
>>73195379
Apply online and choose to not list your sex or race. Thats how I got on at amazon
>>
File: pk-yum.jpg (31 KB, 436x482) Image search: [Google]
pk-yum.jpg
31 KB, 436x482
I make props for theatre. It's a fun as fuck job. I love it. It's stuff like hand props, furnishings, special effects, and anything else an actor handles during a performance.
>>
>>73190411
24 years old have 2 kids, pretty much homeless were living with family. I want to go to college but not sure I'll have the money to bother go to college and take care of my kids. Right now working at a factory for about 2200 a month.

Any tips? Perhaps someone else who's worked through something similar. Thanks for reading my /pol/ blog in advance.
>>
>>73195023
What the fuck does waiting for a drivers license have to do with anything what that anon was talking about? And what the fuck is that inbred Yorkshire cunt waiting for so long anyway?

You must be a fucking idio....

Oh wait I didn't see your flag I understand now
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
>>73190411
Reminder that these threads are only for intelligence gathering.

Hi, CIA!
>>
>>73196897
She's a girl though. It's different.
>>
> wildlife management
> US Border Patrol Agent, at least 90k this yr
> 9/10, only thing that sucks is the schedule.
But getting good money to kick wetbacks out is a good way to spend life. Lol
> I've learned how absolutely fucked our immigration system is. And how easy it is to stay especially if you bring kids with you.
>>
Going to school to be a merchant mariner engineer. I'm enjoying it alot, lots of time off, fairly interesting work, and great pay. I can't complain
>>
>>73229185
Were you one of the 16k who endorsed Trump?
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.