[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on raising the min wage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Thoughts on raising the min wage?
>>
whatever trump wants desu senpai
>>
>>73182279
Isn't it only 1-4% that actually work full-time on minimum wage, while the rest only work part time or have several jobs?
>>
>>73182553

Working too much in America is a detriment to your government welfare benefits. I literally heard a women say she was pissed her job was making her work more hours because she might lose some of her benefits.

There is a fundamental problem in there.
>>
Bringing more manufacturing jobs into the country would help a lot more than rewarding the lowest common denominator for being the least valuable labor.
>>
I don't know much about economics.... But increasing the cost of labor is imagine will reflect in increased prices as the cost of production increases, as well as demand cuz more money in people's pockets to spend
I'd imagine raising the minimum would hurt the middle class more due to compression of salaries (hospital I work for stays competitive with the cost of living, if I started out making $1 an hour and get pay raises yearly and then make $4 an hour, but last year the new minimum was $3 an hour, then new employees make similar wages in comparison to tenured workers)
Rough example, but tl;dr the minimum increases, the middle class stays at their current rate, and the cost of goods increases
>>
>>73182279
>economy so shit that the only jobs available are minimum wage jobs
>instead of getting rid of regulations and taxes, let's force employers to raise their wages by ~$7.50

Can't wait to tell my kids the great future they'll have stacking canned beans in a super market for the federally mandated $15/hr

Hopefully by time I have children the dollar will have been destroyed in value and people will be more ancap.
>>
>>73182279
Only ""helps"" welfare queens.
It screws over those that took more demanding jobs for that sweet sweet $15 an hour.

Also, less employment will be the future they chose. Especially with the larger influx of "undocumented immigrants" Bernie and Hillary want to give amnesty to
>>
>>73182279

>help

Wrong word. Should be "affected"
>>
>raise minimum wage
>replace humans with robots who require less than $15/hr for upkeep, are never late, don't rob you, don't have poor attitudes, and will not require another wage increase in 5 years bc it's "all of a sudden" not enough again
>price of goods go up
>less people are employed
>poor and stupids go on welfare
>taxes increase on working people
>debt goes higher to finance increases in welfare recipients
>economy collapses
Not looking good t b h
>>
>>73182937
Ill explain.

Increasing the price of labor is something called a price floor. In a market where supply far out weighs demand you are further lowering the quantity demanded. In other words more displaced workers, and less jobs, it will be hard to initially hire anyone given that nobody will have experience since a new hire is so costly, this ends with automation. Now because Trump is also lowering corporate tax and bring business in, they may offset eachother and it could work.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.