[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: 1455371369422.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1455371369422.gif
2 MB, 448x252
“The software is functioning as intended,” said Amber.
“Wait,” I asked, “so it’s supposed to delete my personal files from my internal hard drive without asking my permission?”
“Yes,” she replied.

https://blog.vellumatlanta.com/2016/05/04/apple-stole-my-music-no-seriously/

So what do you guys think about Apple jewing you out of your two-decades worth of music on your own computer?
>>
>>73150624
C'mon /pol/, this isn't Orwellian enough for you?
>>
it is of course it is. But Would they really do that? Have they been allowed to do that? Is this by design or is it glitching?

Im betting its by design. And we won't be able to get away from this stuff anymore.

http://www.imore.com/no-apple-music-not-deleting-tracks-your-hard-drive-unless-you-tell-it

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/itunes-deleted-all-of-my-songs-that-were-not-purchased-help-539840/

https://consumerist.com/2016/05/05/apple-musics-confusing-deletion-of-songs-is-one-reason-you-should-back-up-your-files/
>>
>w-would you steal a car?
Applecucks btfo
>>
>>73151841
It's right in the agreement form that it's by design
>>
File: 1449193856225s.jpg (7 KB, 133x250) Image search: [Google]
1449193856225s.jpg
7 KB, 133x250
Why is this news to anyone? That's what you get for using Apple.
>>
If you put anything on an apple device they own it. Apple is cancer
>>
>using apple
>paying for music
>subscriptions
Deserved everything she got and more. Hope she learns her lesson.
>>
>>73152601
This is why they discontinued the iPod because they couldn't control what was on it (no internet access)
>>
File: de3.jpg (9 KB, 462x259) Image search: [Google]
de3.jpg
9 KB, 462x259
>>73151990
>>
Itunes is best free audio player available.
I tried others, like clementine and new winamp and you know what? They are utter shit.
>>
>>73150624
Its proprietary, goyim. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>73153290
>new winamp

there's a new one? been using v5.6 forever and it's been just fine.
>>
>>73153290
everyone on /mu/ uses MusicBee

i dont know who recommended that pleb shit to you
>>
>>73153290
>winamp
>shit
You're shit, m8
>>
File: buyingmusic.gif (69 KB, 700x713) Image search: [Google]
buyingmusic.gif
69 KB, 700x713
I can understand using their hardware, maybe even their media suite if you're a pretentious faggot. I'll judge you for both, but I'll understand.

Why the fuck anyone would willing use iTunes ever, let alone for two decades, is beyond me.
>>
>>73150624
Reminder that you only rent your music from Apple, just as you rent the use of your shit phone.

This is exactly what macfags deserve, relying on such a closed source company.
>>
>>73153290
see >>73153430
iTunes is absolute dogshit compared to Winamp 5.6. Please stop torturing yourself.
>>
>>73153290
holy fuck. you are fucking retarded. itunes is fucking terrible.
>>
>>73153605
I'm computer ignorant by 4chan standards. Why is iTunes that bad?
>>
>>73152601

they own a lot of pics of my cock and balls then
>>
>>73152965
They still make iPods
>>
>>73153847
Slow and clunky as fuck for basically no reason
>>
>>73150624
His fault for not having backups.

He "painstakingly" collects and organizes 122GB but never bothers to back it up?
>>
>>73153984
>classic iPod
>not gone

No they don't: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/11/ipod-classic_n_5804986.html Even huffshit admits it
>>
>>73154176
RTFA
>>
File: zoom.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
zoom.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>trusting Apple
>paying for digital music
>blogging
Remove this man from the gene pool
>>
>>73150624
>ever using the worst DRM ever invented.
Apple faggots deserve everything they get for supporting this cancerous software.
>>
>two decades worth of music
>using apple

itunes couldn't even open when i had 3000 songs
>>
>>73154444
Checked.
>>
Remember when everyone loved apple for standing up to the FBI and Trump?
>>
>>73154904
Remember when Apple leaked a bunch of celebrity slut nudie pics to cover up some dirty globalist shenanigans?

I've hated Apple for decades and they just keep proving me right
>>
>>73154904
i do not remember that pr stunt but i do remember the fbi going to a jewish company
>>
>>73151841
>Have they been allowed to do that?
do you read the terms of service, I'm sure by this point they are allowed to exhume your family members
>>
Remember everyone, be sure to buy digital: movies, music, games. Don't buy physical copies, those can get scratched, and they'll eventually fail! If you buy digital you'll always own the product, unless the license expires. Or we go under as a business. Or we shut down that server. Or we decide to no longer house those files. Or you didn't read the fine print. Other than that, you own it, under license of course.
>>
>>73156184
Remember to pirate everything and break drm every chance you get.
Also make backups.
>>
>>73154176
He did have a backup. He's just warning other users about this risk.
>>
>>73156535
No, no, that's the wrong way to go. Be sure not to own anything, just rent it. Why do you even need to own the raid on bluray? You don't, just rent it, get the license for $9.99.
>>
>>73150624
>https://blog.vellumatlanta.com/2016/05/04/apple-stole-my-music-no-seriously/
You deserve to lose your money for trusting a company as predatory as Apple. Everyone knows you back up your shit. Didn't you learn anything from when Megaupload went down?
>>
>>73154176
He did have backups though, he even says he backed them up a few weeks beforehand. Good thing you focused on the completely irrelevant part (losing music) and not the actually important part (Apple straight up in your shit doing as they please).

>>73156184
Funny you mention that, there was a breakfast show in the '80s that was showing off CDs and how durable they were. The video was on JewTube, but it was took down and it's never been uploaded since

>Cut to some guy sitting in a studio kitchen
>"You might be thinking 'well that doesn't look as well made as vinyl it's just a little dinky disc', but watch this..."
>Literally slathers jam all over it
>Wipes it down
>Plays absolutely no problem with no skips or anything
>Does the same thing with butter
>Same result
>Goes on a bender of just throwing general kitchen condiments on and doesn't bother wiping it down anymore
>Still plays totally fine
>"And if that's not enough, just watch this"
>Scratches it with a kitchen knife
>Still plays totally fine
>Buy CD now
>Doesn't work a week later because there's dust on it

Good thing planned obsolescence and all that shit doesn't exist and is a pure paranoia fantasy. Good thing Apple weren't sued for exactly that then and didn't try to purge any mention of it from the internet. I guess people just don't understand that with Capitalism you don't move forward, you just get stuck in a rut of Groundhog Day, I mean if you didn't have to replace the cheap expensive shit that breaks the first time you take it out of the box where would those companies be that manufacture it? Not the NYSE I can guarantee you that.
>>
>>73153984
i'm posting from the year 2000, what the fuck is an ipod
>>
>>73153290
Jesus Christ, get foobar already. I won't give you too much shit because rutracker is godly for music torrents.
>>
MAC FAGS BTFO
>As a freelance composer, I save WAV files of my own compositions rather than Mp3s. WAV files have about ten times the number of samples, so they just sound better. Since Apple Music does not support WAV files, as they stole my compositions and stored them in their servers, they also converted them to Mp3s or AACs. So not only do I need to keep paying Apple Music just to access my own files, but I have to hear an inferior version of each recording instead of the one I created.
>>
>>73150624
I do not understand Apple at all. It seems to be in a struggle against object orientedness.
>>
>>73157255
everyone knows you rip wav files into wma what the fuck who wants to download some shitty ass mp3s off of napster? go!zilla ftp search is better than that trendy napster shit
>>
>>73153847
You only have access to your music so long as Apple's servers recognize your account records. Long before Apple many music and video subscription services went under/or just user data and people lost their entire libraries because they were too stupid keep their own back ups.
>>
Reminder to install Linux and make your own backups.
>>
>>73151841
>Im betting its by design. And we won't be able to get away from this stuff anymore.

Implying there is only Apple out there. Never used them, never will.
>>
>>73150624
Apple, iTunes, are the worst fucking things.

The worst fucking things.
>>
>>73153290
Aimp3 is god tier m8.
>>
>>73157383
>trendy napster shit

have I traveled back in time?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.