[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work in Toronto for a Canadian bank (I won't say which)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: bye.png (609 KB, 494x696) Image search: [Google]
bye.png
609 KB, 494x696
I work in Toronto for a Canadian bank (I won't say which) and today one of the most hilarious/depressing things happened.

I am walking around the office trying to get a hold of one of the directors to ask them about some shit, and I notice none of them are around. I ask one of the folks sitting near one of them where his boss was and he told me that him along with the other directors were at a "refugee shelter" to do a bit of community work (because our head senior director for our specific organization is a female who loves charity work) and also, get this, to see if they can do some recruiting.

I almost fell to the ground in laughter when I heard that. I couldn't believe just how much of a sinking ship our corporate world has become.

First the Catalyst Accord and all the females in our offices doing absolutely nothing and bringing productivity down, but now we've got our directors doing fucking charity work for refugees and seeing if they can get cheap labour from them, instead of having our directors doing some fucking work for once.

Downsizing and re-organizations are the name of the game these days throughout the corporate world, and instead of the top VPs and CEOs taking some pay cuts, it's the lower rungs of the worker ladder that have to suffer first. And now to top it all off, we've got our bosses focused on helping out refugees instead of helping out their own direct reports and employees that are absolutely suffering from their increased workloads and crumbling enterprise structure.

The financial world is no longer a sinking ship. This is a a mob job and we are now a poor son of a bitch that's been fitted with cement shoes. We are literally sprinting to the bottom at this point.

GOOD FUCKING LUCK TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!
>>
I'm guessing it's Scotiabank. I'm with them and they seem to only hire foreigners and dumbfuck students. They always try to fleece me. Fuck them.
>>
>>73106353
No it's not Scotia. Try not to focus on which bank it is, though, because it's happening everywhere, not just in one bank.
>>
Second bump
>>
>>73105383
How long till it crashes?
>>
File: p.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
>>73105383
>>
>>73106912
I will give it about another two years. Around this time in 2020, I'm pretty sure we'll see at least half of our Big Six banks either re-brand themselves into another service at a severely reduced profit margin or get merged with another bank. They won't be able to stay afloat any longer with these retards in power.
>>
>>73105383
It's because the elites (like your director) already have theirs. They could give a fuck if they destroy the country, they're already set.

The only thing that matters now is virtue posturing towards other elites. Showing them how progressively "holy" they are. It's the twenty-first century exotic fur coat.
>>
>>73107347
Sorry I mean to say two to five years
>>
>>73107423
>canadians
>>
>>73105383
How do you afford to live in Toronto? My aunt and uncle live there, and their 3 bed, 3 bath house is valued at over a million dollars. They've lived there for 20 years though. My parents' friend just bought a 2 bed, 2 bath condo-sized house in fucking Oakville and it was $900,000. Have you lived there forever or what? My cousin is a teacher and pays $1400/mo in rent, and may never be able to afford to buy.
>>
>>73107423
Actually directors aren't really the elites. Sure they get paid a lot, but they're not the ones making the real decisions. They just enact them. It's the VPs that create the corporate "visions" and strategies. But it doesn't really matter, they directors are just as incompetent as those guys.
>>
>i work in toronto
>posts from a us flag
>>
>>73107651
I pay 1200 in rent per month. I'd never buy a place cuz there's just too much shit changing these days and I'm pretty sure Toronto is going to the crapper. I'm just gonna keep on hanging tight to my job, laugh as it all falls apart, then take my money and run once it's all said and done. I don't even keep my money in these banks anymore.
>>
File: 1459487816882.png (145 KB, 542x370) Image search: [Google]
1459487816882.png
145 KB, 542x370
>>73107729
>>
File: IMG_2243.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2243.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>73107729
Deal with it, fag
>>
>>73105383
Sounds like an RBC kind of thing.

Anyway, yes, they are just as bad as all the other places in the western world, hires literal niggers over their own countrymen.
>>
>>73107895
I hear it's all Chinese money that's just pouring in. It's the same situation as in Australia and San Francisco. Unfortunately I don't see it stopping anytime soon until you start seeing boomers dying off in droves and flooding the market when they have to liquidate for estate purposes.

Since I'm a burger, I rented for a while but the most I ever paid was $600 (roommates). Now I live in a bigger city but I just chose to own because the way I see it, you're always paying someone's mortgage, you just have to choose if it'll be your own or someone else's.

Wouldn't be able to do it in Toronto, Vancouver, or SFO though. Shit, even my Godfather's pretty normal house in Montreal sold for $500,000 a few years back.
>>
>>73108396
Wow you live that close to downtown for $1200.
>>
>>73108396
>call your friend in toronto and tell him to take a picture quickly

You sure showed me.
>>
>>73108620
Why don't you call your friends and get them to write a message and take a picture of a landmark with that message then send it back to you in under 5 minutes?

Oh wait you don't even have friends. Hahhahaha
>>
Let's be clear: this is all because of the liberal agenda and the push to have more worthless and lazy minorities and women in the workforce. Our people at the top want to show the world how liberal and progressive they are, but all of this comes at a cost of absolutely destroying your working model and infrastructure. It's all a temporary sham and these guys are ready to pull out at a moment's notice. They're just trying to suck up as much of the money as possible before it all turns sour. Hahaha the corruption is so obvious it's an absolute comedy at this point. Now I know how the jester in King Lear feels.
>>
>>73107895
>I don't even keep my money in these banks anymore.
Does it matter? It feels like we'll be seeing Weimar levels of devaluation in the next twenty years.
>>
>>73105383
ha ha ha looks like trudeau has infected the collective consciousness of those french/inuit or whatever the fuck canadians are. come back to america anon, we may still have some opportunity here in the near future. all the people talking about the 'crash' just remember......the dow could drop 10,000 fucking points and it will still be at 8,000 and just because your shitty industry is failing doesn't mean its all going down. the government is taking over finances, private banking is going to disappear except of course the big boys, just change fields get into accounting or something theres a demand for them right now
>>
File: 1462336059344.jpg (398 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
1462336059344.jpg
398 KB, 1200x798
>>73109633
>>
>>73109335
>Does it matter? It feels like we'll be seeing Weimar levels of devaluation in the next twenty years.
Said every Austrian Libertarian doomsday prepper, every single year since the 1970s.
>>
>>73106353
I left Scotiabank for that exact reason.

SERVUS Credit Union member now, and loving it.
>>
File: trudeau.jpg (98 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
trudeau.jpg
98 KB, 1200x960
>>73109329
trudeau just looks fucking corrupt as hell his smile is so forced and fake. he's your george w bush haha.

did all the old canadians vote for pierre's son or was it just just the stoners and campus sluts ?
>>
Not just Canada my maple/burger bro.
I work for a bank and had a snr manager lecture me on muh patriarchy and that any defense I have for my actions is just 'mansplaining'
Seriously the infection runs deep.
>>
Every day I realize that the world is turning out more and more like the ending of Atlas Shrugged, and I realize that the only way to get back out of this hole is for everything to collapse and go to shit and for a few people to rise up from the ashes.

Unfortunately for all of us, the only way up now is by going down, down, and down till we hit rock bottom. To all you 80s/90s kids that lived through the optimistic time: you lived through the peak of liberalism. Welcome to the desert of the real.
>>
File: 1458460477554.jpg (61 KB, 715x350) Image search: [Google]
1458460477554.jpg
61 KB, 715x350
>>73110331
fuck you defeatist faggot. the weak like you will perish and then, yes, the strong will emerge like the phoenix
>>
>>73109791
Yes, but the US, who's our main source of everything, wasn't an over-regulated, uncompetitive economic mess, with 20 trillion dollars debt, back in the seventies.
Couple that with the fact that manufacturing is in the shitter, and the global overlords want to try our oil industry for heresy; and were looking at the CAD being on par with monopoly money.
>>
Oh Canada

Our home and their homes too

True cuckold love

In all thy wife's sons command

With bleeding hearts we see the blacks
Our true north, strong and queer

From far and wide oh Canada
We stand on guard for refugees!

Allah keep our land
Glorious and free

Oh Canada we stand on guard
For refugees

Oh Caaanada we stand on guard
For
Refugees!
>>
>>73110195
East of Toronto, most of the old Canadians are welfare queens, so they helped.
>>
>>73110880
I'm a defeatist faggot and yet you agree with my prediction of how things will go. Way to go, Einstein!
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 958x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 958x600
>>73111327
Forgot my pic
>>
>>73107729
I go to college in Buffalo and am a former resident of the suburbs of Washington DC. The commute between Buffalo and Toronto takes the same amount of time as the commute from a suburb of DC into DC itself because of traffic. I've considered staying in Buffalo and working in Canada myself once I graduate because pay there is pretty good and Buffalo is ridiculously cheap.
>>
>>73111445
no not at all, people like YOU who are fatalists will just keep getting worse. the STRONG and INTELLIGENT will continue to improve. your just on the wrong of side of the trump wall on this
>>
>>73111425
gross. when will the welfare system there collapse under its own weight ? if you say never, i believe you but only if you state evidence
>>
>>73113273
>the strong will emerge like a phoenix
The phoenix implies a death before the rise.

Try again next time.
>>
>>73107071
Holy shit I haven't read that book since middle school
>>
>>73113402
ok dude well if you don't get my point then i can't help you sorry. have a fun with your bleak life that just gets progressively worse
>>
>>73113619
Have fun with your damage control.
>>
>>73106475
It's TD isn't it? The fucking green chair cucks.
>>
>>73114350
Nope. Not TD.

Like I said though, all banks and major corporations are doing this. It's not isolated.
>>
>>73114547
Damn I thought I nailed it. But let's be honest, if you are in the Canadian banker in group, you already knew most of these people were either sociopaths or all spit and polish with no substance years ago. It sucks that we're all fucked tho.
>>
>>73115065
Yup. I've been in it for the easy money for a while now. I have no intention to stay here longer or work my way up any sort of corporate ladder. These people are lost causes and they should be treated like diseased people. One should not hang around them for too long.
>>
File: 1451815227960.jpg (30 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
1451815227960.jpg
30 KB, 500x487
>>73105383
>our head senior director for our specific organization is a female
>female

There is your problem, this company will suffer badly.

>worked place almost 5 years
>got mergered
>boss fired
>canadians take over infact
>female boss...
>guess what happened?
well.. I don't fucking work at that shit hole any more
mostly women stuck left
nothing gets done
projects canned
one by one
byebye to comp soon
>was dominating the field for prolly like 30 years or so.. all destroyed by a merger and female CEO running a company to the drains by her feels...
>when female boss
>change job
they will start to probe into sex life and think they can use you as a toy
>>
>>73115916
Oh trust me. I know females are one of the biggest reasons for the upcoming collapse. I've had plenty of first hand experience with their "work" ethic in my life.
>>
File: 1455153901913.jpg (156 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1455153901913.jpg
156 KB, 1200x1600
>>73116067
this.
Sad thing about the comp though, but this is how companies and eventually civilizations gets destroyed.

That company should have let the people working there focus on their products, as this is what brings the income and is the reason for the comps existence.

>hires women to be progressive
>more women
>don't care if they sit on fb all day
>some more women
ended up 50:50 on my office at one time, and not even all the guys were pulling the weight...
now shift of focus
>furniture
>what kind of clothes people wear, this is most important at an office hardly anyone visits(then you dress)
>how we sit
>the air
>automatically slide to secretary positions
that's... not the worst.. so ok if you have a few secretaries or so but when thing really explodes
>team leaders
>middle leaders
>top leaders eventually

first off when you get to many women you need to do a lot more work, this is engineering/sw, on top of it you got the free loaders... or slowmos

like 1 guy can do the job of 10 people
but with these women?
>and now actually deciding what's important?
that's game over

>It's bot sad and fun that system I have designed to run for maybe decades now have been shut down, because no capable person could finnish the little that was left.
>Some system are sadly running, but they will be unable to fix anything, to upgrade or update framework even(yeah they suck this bad)... so it has run for x years now, smoothless for x years...
>but it must be adapted
>it must be changed
will they manage?
Don't think so.. they are going to go bankrupt and put to sleep soon
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.