[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gengineering/Transhuman/Augmentation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 32
File: humanselection.png (1 MB, 1502x1758) Image search: [Google]
humanselection.png
1 MB, 1502x1758
Anti-Science Luddites will try to stop the betterment of mankind.

Just Imagine how great it would be....

What do you think about improving mankinds condition through genetics and cybernetics?
>>
File: humanselection2.png (813 KB, 3748x976) Image search: [Google]
humanselection2.png
813 KB, 3748x976
Were almost there.

We just need to link a bunch of technologies together and change some archaic laws about cloning and genetic engineering.
>>
File: 1459393242675.jpg (315 KB, 900x603) Image search: [Google]
1459393242675.jpg
315 KB, 900x603
I could finally create my army of supersoldiers then. Count me in.
>>
>>73101767
This also a possibility.

Seems it would be an improvement over the current obesity trend limiting good recruits.
>>
File: 14624829394691573934359.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
14624829394691573934359.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>73099104
Type one diabetic self cured through herbalism and veganism checking in.

College educated, and I have a theoretical framework based on science that tells me why what I did worked.
>>
>>73102386
In fact, the same framework that let me heal my disease, could potentially apply to any autoimmune disorder.

It is based on using fasting to recycle old immune cells, and herbs containing plant alkaloids that we know to affect certain systems, to rebuild during the feeding phase, where stem cells are stimulated after only 72 hours.
>>
>>73102786
If you didn't notice, Syrian Rue is key, as it has been scientifically proven to regrow pancreas cells. Using fasting to restore the immune function, allows for the pancreas to rebuild without being destroyed.
>>
>>73103047
http://www.newsweek.com/chemical-ayahuasca-has-potential-treat-diabetes-313780

https://news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

Nature can literally undo type one diabetes if we combine it with our understanding of science.
>>
No trans-humanists want to tell me why my genetic disease is cured by a plant?

Gee, kinda like THC helping people. Could it be, maybe, we share 50% of our DNA with plants?

Every cure we need is sitting in one of the millions of plants on this planet, because every component of our being exists in the overlap.

That is why we have opiates, THC, nicotine, cocaine, DMT, etc.

Everyone of those is doing nothing more than activating a pathway our body is already designed to use.
>>
>>73099104
I would absolutely do this.

One thing I can't stand about luddites and evangelicals is that they believe having a child with some congenital disorder or disease is a "test" from God. Imagine how much better God's creation would be if it wasn't riddled with failures from birth and with people that support such things.
>>
>>73103407

huh

made pol worth reading today
>>
>>73103915
>>B-but, MAOI is dangerous! You can't have coffee, milk, chocolate, meat, fermented soy, or cheese!

This is a half truth, we need to look at the common thread intersecting all points of knowledge.

Turns out, the issue is how we digest these products. The common thread is a bacteria that produces a protein, increasing blood pressure.

This protein shouldn't be abundant in our bodies, so with a clean diet, this plant is harmless unless you're using it to try and get high.

So, science manipulated the truth to scare people away from the medicinal properties of MAOI alkaloids.
>>
File: 1462412235318.jpg (396 KB, 1570x1536) Image search: [Google]
1462412235318.jpg
396 KB, 1570x1536
>>73102386
>self cured through herbalism and veganism checking in.

this in fact complete horseshit

I bet you believe magic beans cure cancer too.

Veganism is a cult and not supported by any science.

Just like any anti-GMO science denial quackery
>>
>>73103407
>http://www.newsweek.com/chemical-ayahuasca-has-potential-treat-diabetes-313780

nothing about a cure.

What plants cure down syndrome?
or Hemophilia?
or Chron's?
>>
I believe you op. I cured my ADD with supplements.
>>
File: Complete Bullshit.gif (2 MB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
Complete Bullshit.gif
2 MB, 2500x2500
>>73104576
>science manipulated the truth

No . science determines truth.

You quacks are the liars.

No such thing as "alternative/traditional medicine"

Just medicine and bullshit.
>>
File: Tsar-Bomb-explosion.jpg (845 KB, 1800x1125) Image search: [Google]
Tsar-Bomb-explosion.jpg
845 KB, 1800x1125
>>73099104
Yeah let's play gods again ! That never backfired on us ever !
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africanized_bee
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioterrorism
>>
>>73104197
The bubble has burst. The illusion is over. And science has no quarrel with a natural cure, in fact, by knowing the DNA we share, it tells us that's exactly where to look.

Medicine has poisoned the world with the intention of profiting on suffering, but the human body is far more versatile than the weak genetic failures the media wishes us to be.
>>
>>73103915
>No trans-humanists want to tell me why my genetic disease is cured by a plant?

it wasn't.

Either
A. you're in denial due to your food-religion

or

B. you never had type-1 diabetes.
>>
>>73105172
Nuclear power has been a great benefit to people and the earth.
>>
>>73104608
>>73104840
>>73105156
>I'll pretend people who are helping people help themselves must be lying because my ego is so fragile I take science as blind fact

You're the modern Christian.
>>
File: taxonomy of knowledge.jpg (110 KB, 936x568) Image search: [Google]
taxonomy of knowledge.jpg
110 KB, 936x568
>>73105230
>Quackery has poisoned the world with the intention of profiting on suffering

FTFY

How does it feel to try and destroy the table of plenty with your ignorance and lack of education?
>>
>>73105510
You are liar, because the shit your talking about is impossible.

>muh conspiracies
>muh agent orange
>muh frankenfoods

Just another shill for the organic foods racket
>>
>>73105327
>You're wrong your science is wrong just because someone with no insight into the situation can't think for themselves

Neat argument, bro. Had me convinced for a decade to, until I realized how full of shit the genetics argument is

>Yfw we've known this plant interacts directly with DNA since the 80s
>>
>>73105510
>helping themselves
>believing in magic
>not using medicine

you are a disgusting person

anyone who profits from quackery should be jailed.
>>
>>73105820
>full of shit the genetics argument is

you don't have an argument

show me one study that shows a cure for diabetes 1 coming from a plant.
>>
File: 5465465465636353534.png (140 KB, 1022x682) Image search: [Google]
5465465465636353534.png
140 KB, 1022x682
>>73105820
>Yfw we've known this plant interacts directly with DNA since the 80s

proofs?

because only carcinogens interact with DNA

>believes in Lamarkian evolution

how ignorant
>>
>>73105554
Feels good curing my chronic disease with $10 seeds, I'll admit that. And it is a lot of fun watching the brainwashed pseudo-intellectuals squirm as they realize they've been betrayed by their church of science.

You dumbasses really think people would take injections for their entire lives because you can use false information to scare them from eating fucking seeds? That science tells them rebuild the pancreas and interact with DNA?

The fear mongering is over. No one is scared of you bullies anymore.
>>
>>73106210
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1171699

This is the first study, but there are dozens more if you can take your head out of your ass and research a topic instead of spreading ignorance.
>>
>>73106259
>Feels good curing my chronic disease with $10 seeds, I'll admit that.

that never happened lol

>The fear mongering is over.

It isn't over until vegan-cultists are shown to be the frauds they truly are.

If you have children, child protective services should take them away and clearly your are unfit since you would deny them proper nutrition and medical care.

You are worse than a childmolester
>>
>>73105390
So great that when we can use it for space travels Jews suddenly decides that it's a bad thing and needs to be controlled.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)
>>
>>73106036
http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v21/n4/full/nm.3820.html

Need help reading it? The alkaloid is present in Syrian Rue (a candidate for the ancient soma) caused human cells implanted in mice to cure genetic diabetes. They do not address the immune component, which is fixed via fasting.
>>
>>73106465
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1171699

Thanks for proven my point about carcinogens.

So you believe a carcinogen cured you diabetes?

Whoa. what a breakthu, doctor, Ill call the Nobel committee immediately.

Its clear you dont know jack shit about medicine or genetics.
>>
>>73099104
You're retarded and don't understand anything about science.

The technology you describe is still many decades away, if it's even possible.

We still don't know the genetic contribution of half of those diseases, and most of them are a combination of genetic and environmental factors; schizophrenia and Alzheimer's for example.

You're the anti-science luddite for not education yourself and pretending that science somehow justifies your emotions on the human condition.
>>
>>73106738
>nature.com
>a journal

pick one

ur propaganda means nothing to the educated.
>>
>>73106898
>top rated journal in all of science
>calling it propaganda

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH WHAT A RETARDED FAGGOT
>>
>>73099104
HAHA nice try with that infograph - so, you can make Appendicitis impossible in a human being with genetical engineering?
>>
>>73106806
>The technology you describe is still many decades away, if it's even possible

It is and it is.

I like ur attitude of
>we dont know
>totally impossible

just shut up child
>>
>>73106596
>Guy offers science based naturally cure for a chronic disease that there is no way for him to realistically profit from
>he must be a liar who is worse than a child molester

Is this the best you can do? You can't see the information past a character. You a brain washed. I was there, to bro. I taught this shit at a university, and it destroys my moral being knowing I propagated my own slavery.

But science cannot hide the truth any longer, not amongst a world of free thinkers.
>>
>>73106210
>Lamarckian evolution is ignorant
>what is epigenetics
>>
>>73106738
In all seriousness, you are misreading the paper. The compounds do not directly affect your DNA, but seem to affect the regulation of certain enzymes.
>>
>>73107169
Provide any evidence that it exists.
>>
>>73107214
Epigenetics is not lamarckian evolution
>>
>>73107043
>not open access
>not open submission

sounds like bullshit.

>muh alexia ranking
>>
>>73099104
>implying we have a good idea how half of those things even work on the right side
As much as I want this shit to work, we really don't understand the our dna enough to select against even a couple of those things.
>>
>>73107459
You have zero understand of science, academia, or publishing.

Nature and Science are the top journals in the world.
>>
>>73107302
You do understand that all ot it takes is one missing enzyme or compound to destroy an entire neural cascade, right?

That is why this plant cures a genetic disease. It kick starts regrowth and with the immune system restored, there is nothing to kill those cells.
>>
>>73107376
heres a whole full of it.

http://www.omicsgroup.org/journals/advancements-in-genetic-engineering.php
>>
SPACE ELEVATOR THREAD, NAO?
>>
>tfw natural blue eyes that get compliments
>tfw genetic engineering comes along and everyone will pick to have blue eyes

Fuck off.
>>
>>73107561
It doesn't cure the diseases, it is a treatment. If don't have the compound in your body anymore, the regulatory systems will return to normal (diabetic).

Just because you ate a plant once doesn't mean you can start eating tons of sugar.
>>
>>73102386
as a soon to be biolog i am really curious of your methods since they would usher in a new era in science
>>
>>73106036
http://health.heraldtribune.com/2015/04/28/rise-in-type-1-diabetes-cant-be-explained/

Bro, your whole genetic model makes no sense, the science is so weak, even fucking stats up can't hide it from the public.
>>
>>73107582
Nothing listed on that pages describes engineering human embryos.
>>
File: conan.gif (2 MB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
conan.gif
2 MB, 400x285
>>73106738
>Whereas beta cell expansion seems an obvious therapeutic approach to beta cell deficiency, adult human beta cells have proven recalcitrant to such efforts

didnt cure shit.

all this means is substituting harmine instead of insulin

you cant cant even understand the study

you are an idiot
>>
>>73107052
did you know some people are born without one?
>>
Sperm is nature's genetic engineer, and is the best way to improve the human race.
>>
>>73099104
The best part is, we can probably trick SJWs into allowing this since it will hugely boost their victim complex.

Think about all the butthurt it would cause if an intellegent black testtube baby spoke out against niggers, or if we can literally chose the baby's gender, eliminating the "born in the wrong body" myth
>>
>>73107751
That isn't true. With a healthy diet, with real fucking plants, you can produce as normal. You now have a functioning pancreas and immune system.

My theory, is that the disease is caused by a pathogen centered within the pancreas. To destroy the threat, the body programs immune cells to destroy infected cells in the pancreas.

Instead of fasting, and rebuilding immune cells, diabetics are put on 4 meals a day and a constant drip of insulin.

So, the body CAN'T fast, and it can never recycle the dysfunctional immune cells. The body keeps destroying itself, and medicine keeps you alive as long as you're willing to pay.
>>
>Everyone has selected-height light-eyed light-skinned children with high IQs
>"brown is beautiful" propaganda doubled down on, doesn't work
>Engineering is banned because its "destroying diversity" and a "danger to the planet"
>Engineered people relegated to second class citizens, treated like garbage and constantly attacked and ridiculed by the deformed brown 85-IQ midget slave race who believe everything their inbred jewish billionaire masters tell them.
>>
>>73108017
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150424122312.htm

the willfully ignorant dont want to learn

you can change the genetic code by using a engineered retro-virus.

http://www.gene-delivery.ox.ac.uk/Gene%20Therapy/Vectors/Viral%20Vectors/Retrovirus/Retrovirus.htm
>>
genetic sex change/body modification when?
>>
>>73102386
So you are an impossibility?
Tell me how you bullshit so hard.
>>
>>73108025
You are embarrassing yourself.

I offer explanations for medical mysteries, and you offer fear and authoritarianism.

The science led me here, you were placed here through brainwashing.
>>
File: 1461415379760.jpg (21 KB, 255x234) Image search: [Google]
1461415379760.jpg
21 KB, 255x234
Space marines NOW
>>
>>73108487
Cant you read your own fucking article? Didn't cure shit.

>So, the body CAN'T fast, and it can never recycle the dysfunctional immune cells.

God you are so fucking retarded.

Your body makes the dysfunctional immune cells because of your DNA

that plant didnt change you dna

it just prevented a protein from forming

if you stop taking that shit you will die from diabetes
>>
>>73108518
1. you don't use retroviruses to alter the human genome.

2. I am aware that china was attempting alternations on human embryos, but that's far from creating viable embryos that can be developed

3. You still have the problem of not knowing the causes of the diseases. We don't know which genes influence Schizophrenia or Alzheimer's. We wouldn't know what to edit.
>>
>>73108783
look here stupid
>>73108794

heres the link proves me right and you wrong

http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v21/n4/full/nm.3820.html

>Whereas beta cell expansion seems an obvious therapeutic approach to beta cell deficiency, adult human beta cells have proven recalcitrant to such efforts1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Hence, there remains an urgent need for antidiabetic therapeutic agents that can induce regeneration and expansion of adult human beta cells in vivo or ex vivo. Here, using a high-throughput small-molecule screen (HTS), we find that analogs of the small molecule harmine function as a new class of human beta cell mitogenic compounds

point out the part where DNA changes

pro-tip it doesn't
>>
>>73108794
DNA is activated when it is needed. Diabetics are forced through misinformation to suppress the body's natural ability to restore immune function.

I wholeheartedly believe I'm the first type one diabetic who has tried to fast for 3 days, and tried to rebuild my body using scientific knowledge of physiology.

My education allowed me to do something special, and you telling me it is impossible makes it even more powerful.

Because I'm living proof that you are wrong.
>>
>>73099104
>>73099426
>>73101010
>>73101767
>>73101909
>>73102386
Imagine how awful this would be. They would take our jobs.
>>
>>73108875
>1. you don't use retroviruses to alter the human genome.

viruses already alter DNA in a negative way

you can use the same to insert genes that can be replicated through meiosis.

unless you believe that the genome is somehow magically altered during cell division.
>>
>>73105172
Sure totally.
>>
>>73105554
you lack education
>>
>>73108875
and the theme of 2 and 3

seems to be

>we dont know how to do it today

>must be impossible
>>
>>73109017
You lack an understanding of simple gene expression.

Genes turn on and off. They don't need to be changed. You can make insulin after you eat a meal, without pumping insulin out at 100% capacity constantly.

You live in a world of extremes where you ignore the simple answer right in front of you.
>>
File: 1457260166999.jpg (51 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1457260166999.jpg
51 KB, 604x340
>>73109356
>They would take our jobs.

Thats what the robots are for.
>>
>>73109374
>viruses already alter DNA in a negative way
You haven't even taken a simple biology class... viruses destroy their host cells to create new viruses. Only in extremely rare conditions can a retrovirus alter a genome and stay dormant.

We are now using CRISPR methods for genome editing, but it was only developed a few years ago and it's not 100% accurate or perfect. You also failed to address that we don't know the genes that contribute to many genetic disorders.
>>
>>73109227
>DNA is activated when it is needed.
>backpedaling

just STFU

you didn't change your DNA

you didn't even inhibit an allele

all that does is """""possibly"""""" prevent a protein from forming.

You are wrong in every way possible.

>Because I'm living proof that you are wrong.

Your living proof that people lie on the internet
>>
>>73109535
I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying we can't do it today, like you claim. The technology and methodology is still decades away, like I said in my first post.
>>
>>73109374
>viruses already alter DNA in a negative way

>B-but nature can't do the opposite that's silly and there's no way diabetes could be like that
>>
I never asked for this
>>
>>73109528
fuck off leaf
>>
>>73109855
>You're wrong because I say so

Got anything better? Because it will need to be pretty compelling to make me diabetic again lmao.
>>
>>73109608
>Genes turn on and off.

and your stupid plant doesn't do that.

you cant even read your own study.
>>
>>73105156
>everything that is not science is fake goy!
>make sure not to breed and bring in those browns
>>
>>73109987
Cry more IQlet
>>
>>73110159
Ok, let's test this. Stop eating vegetables for a few days, then eat some sugar.
>>
Yes, but can we engineer some catgirls?
>>
>>73110458
This guy knows his priorities.
>>
>>73110159
Gee i bet your still taking your magic beans daily.

>cured muh diabeetus
>>
>>73099104
Its probably going to be available only for the elites first, imagine power-hungry warmongers with enhanced IQ.
>>
>>73099104
this is getting really spooky lads, i just wish we had exterminated all non whites before doing this kinda shit desu
>>
>>73109879
just maybe its an extrapolation of what a infographic would look like when the technology is there.

If you noticed, The OP is presented in the future tense.
>>
>>73110159
PS

You're still a diabetic

quit being a retard and go to a doctor.
>>
>>73099104
>Just Imagine how great it would be....
im telling all my kids to do this
>>
>>73110300
Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm not treating my body like shit, especially not while I'm focusing on undoing decades of my own ignorance.

And even if I lacked the self discipline, and needed to eat that filth that is costing us millions of dollars, I wouldn't do it this early into the game.

A type one diabetic has 2% of the insulin producing cells naturally. Just because right now, I may be at 10%, and able to stabilize low demands, you think the only way I can prove my concept is to suddenly consume a pile of shit a natural body was never designed to handle?

You are filth, that you'd rather me destroy myself so you can be right.

Your lack of the concepts I've provided prove you've failed to process any of the information objectively.

You are grasping at straws to discredit me. Just to satisfy your fragile ego.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>73102386
no one was talking about veganism, nobody cares, can you not be a cringy fag for at least a day, stop trying to force your normie cuck diet into every conversation, and LEAVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>73110992
Thanks for your insight. What are your hours Dr. Paymetostaysick?
>>
>>73099104
I like the idea of no inheritable disease, but the rest is eeh.

Also, I think alcoholism is gained, not inherited.
>>
>>73111134
>your fragile ego.

the idiot who doesn't know medical terms thinks others' ego is hurt. lul

>no guise we cant CURE diabetes from birth
>just eat these seeds for the rest of your life.
>see I'm CURED

>I may be at 10%

and you'll never know because you'll never step into a doctors office for fear that his education will trump your faith-based bullshit lifestyle.
>>
>>73111282
I don't like something, time to throw a fit like a baby!

You think I like it? Meat is delicious. But I know if it hurts me, I'd be an idiot to keep consuming it.

But I have enough discipline not to consume shit my body can't handle. And certainly not while self treating with an MAOI.
>>
File: 1462045185758.png (19 KB, 1040x544) Image search: [Google]
1462045185758.png
19 KB, 1040x544
>>73111300
I bet you have a profession that contributes greatly to the world.

>i blog my bullshit for online ad sheckles

nice insight.
Mr. Paythequackveganformagicbeans
>>
>>73111663
>But I know if it hurts me, I'd be an idiot to keep consuming it.

Meat doesn't hurt you.

Man evolved to include meat in his diet.

Try again stupid.
>>
>>73111598
Where did I say that the seeds would need to be consumers forever? They won't, once the pancreas is rebuilt and the immune system is recycled via fasting.

You could eat whatever you want once the pancreas is fully rebuilt. But, I have no insight into how long it takes one to regrow a pancreas, so I'm taking my time.

See how a person can use logic to think for themselves?
>>
>>73111821
>>73111957
Wow, slow down buddy. Breathe. Give me a chance to reply.

Read:

>>73112012
>>
westerners are too ethival to do that, but i doubt chinese governments would even have any moral dilemma
>>
File: 1422280367896.png (243 KB, 477x768) Image search: [Google]
1422280367896.png
243 KB, 477x768
Imagine a world where retarded chads force breed all the women to produce more brofist chads because who cares about intelligence when you got fit and pussy, amirite?
>>
>>73112012
> the pancreas is rebuilt and the immune system is recycled via fasting.

that doesn't happen becuz

1. old immune cells aren't "recycled" they are expelled
2. new immune are created according to you DNA, which for you is broken.
3. Fasting and reducing intake actually decreases immune cell production.
4. Nothing you do naturally will change your DNA for the better and your stupid plant wont change DNA expression.
>>
Too many of us. People would live too long and the planet would choke before we get a chance to master spaceships
>>
>>73111821
I'm not selling anything. I'm showing how plants demonstrate our body's natural ability to recover from what you sell as a profitable disease.

Nearly 400 million USD a year disappear into diabetes, it's a fucking scam.
>>
>>73112594
> it's a fucking scam.

your a fucking scam.

you don't even know your own nutritional needs and then your tell diabetics to stop taking insulin.

I repeat

THE PLANT DOES NOT CURE DIABETES METILLIUS.

VEGANISM HAS NO PROOF MEAT IS HARMFUL TO PEOPLE.
>>
File: What_the_Fuck.jpg (17 KB, 255x287) Image search: [Google]
What_the_Fuck.jpg
17 KB, 255x287
>>73099104
>thinking military funded and developed technology created specifically for dominating the physical warspace will ever be given over to well meaning dupes such as yourself
>expecting DARPA and DIA to share
>being this fucking retarded
>tfw i didnt even have to read after MUH ANTILUDITE fallacy

Give it up. You will NEVER be given life extension technology nor enhancements of ANY fucking kind ever
>>
>>73112990
The louder you shout like a child the more attention you bring to the truth.

Your cognitive dissonance is your downfall. Welcome to the age of information, scare tactics cannot halt free thinkers.
>>
>>73113155
Also..Every lab developing any kind of emerging tech is directly or indirectly funded by the military industrial defense complex and its network of shadow 'independent' contractors. Its not for you pleb. Never was and never will be.

But by all means continue to be a sci fi fetishist , maybe one day youll live forever...wew
>>
>>73113404
>free thinkers

science doesn't give a fuck about your free thought.

only fact from fiction. You deny science. You deny knowing things.
>>
>>73113155
>>73113837
>not expecting DARPA to share
>ARPANET

whoops.

Anyways this shit will be funded by defense contracts at first and then when efficiency is reached at economically prices, they will sell to everyone.
>>
>>73113886
I embrace science! But I mate it with scepticism.

Just as the DNA you worship relies on base pairs.

You can never think for yourself until you question the theory you are proposed.
>>
>>73112465
I don't think Malthusian argument works.

It denies the power of price dynamics and ROI for resources.
>>
>>73114148
>economically prices
Oh, so you think that the information should belong to a select few, until they figure out how to profit from it?

Because yes, that is how research works.
>>
>>73099104
>alcoholism
What?
>>
>>73114164
>question the theory

>a plant changes your DNA and cures diabetes

its not a theory
its not a hypothesis
its not even a coherent thought
>>
I don't want to fix my genetic diseases before my birth! I want to fix my diseases now!

What's so great about a world where everyone is healthy accept for me?
>>
>>73114148
cybernetic augmentations will never be placed on the free market. This aint an ipod bucko. This has real implications for geo politics. Its for the military and then you MIGHT get the consumer grade table scraps in a few decades. Maybe
>>
>>73114353
> until they figure out how to profit from it?

oh what is magic hand wave solution now?

free money?
magic energy crystals?
slave labor?
>>
>>73114550
You are ignorant and arrogant, the theory you should be questioning is the genetic model for type one diabetes.
>>
>>73099104

When my nekomimi waifu?
>>
>>73099104
die
>>
>>73114707
The solution is what I did, using the understanding of science to heal instead of profit.
>>
>>73099104
Fuck yourself and die scum
>>
>>73114693
They are already here.

http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/connect/us/home/treatment-options-for-hearing-loss/wireless-accessories

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochlear_implant
>>
File: wild_turkey_3.jpg (457 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
wild_turkey_3.jpg
457 KB, 1280x852
>>73114922
whoa mario

there will still be pizza in the future
>>
>>73115022
Theres your table scraps.
>>
>>73099104
Anyone seriously interested in this topic, watch this. Eugenics is much closer than you think: https://youtu.be/KhynolvjmnU
>>
Seeing all of these international posters, and know that as an American academic, a taught this genetic model in university makes me feel like filth.

I have used my body as a way to repay my debt, and undo the damage I created.

I hope the world can understand we weren't intentionally evil and those of us aware of our mistakes are dealing with the guilt.
>>
>>73115128
LARDOUS MAN

FIX YOUR SHIT

INSTEAD OF SHITPOSTING
>>
>>73115343
Sorry, the website has been lagging my phone hard and I've had a lot of typos. It is hard to put passionate thought to word with nervous fingers.
>>
>>73114717
>the theory you should be questioning is the genetic model for type one diabetes.

its been tested and nothing has falsified it

science doesn't work like that

>if we just throw out everything we already know and then cherry-pick data, then the theory of genetic diabetes is wrong.

The fact you source a journal that says the cause of diabetes 1 is related to a gene creating dysfunctional T-cells.

To truly cure the the pancreas needs gene therapy to prevent the production of bad t-cell to begin with.
>>
double-edge sword
>>
File: 54645654645.jpg (21 KB, 220x342) Image search: [Google]
54645654645.jpg
21 KB, 220x342
>>73115544
i dont have that problem because i know what im talking about
>>
>>73108493
that is why we dont let stupid fucks fucks pick people based on aesthetics.
>>
>>73115700
>its been tested and nothing has falsified it
Is this a joke. Or do you really believe that non-existent science is part of reality?
>>
>>73099104
This is the most retarded shit ever.

Not only is genetic engineering unreliable, but it will cause MASSIVE discrimination and even worse social barriers than there are now.

I can see using it to try correct the genes that contribute to certain diseases, but using genetic engineering to choose eye color, hair color, height, etc. is fucking retarded. As a natural blue eyed blonde, I would NEVER consider a person who was genetically engineered to have blue eyes and blonde hair to be equal to me. They are just a fucking wannabe.

If you really need a reason to know why this would be a bad idea, just watch the movie Gattaca.
>>
>>73115841
You have contributed nothing but ignorance, that is why your job has been easy. Your job is a non-act, and all you are trying to do is discredit me through claims for fear and authoritarianism.
>>
File: 3451235451435.jpg (174 KB, 591x591) Image search: [Google]
3451235451435.jpg
174 KB, 591x591
>>73115177
Heres the ice cream

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optogenetics

>tldr

>splices plant DNA to human neurons
>neurons grow photoreceptors
>brain can now be fiber-optic controlled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb07TLkJ3Ww
>>
File: 65465465462546.jpg (402 KB, 746x1000) Image search: [Google]
65465465462546.jpg
402 KB, 746x1000
>>73116218
>>73116019
the adults are talking about exciting new technologies now

you can go wallow in your own shit by yourself.
>>
>>73105820
>>>>>>lets greentext every reply people make into something else XDDDD
This surely proofs that you are right.
>>
>>73116674
Nice hypocrisy.

I'm not perfect. Are you?
>>
File: 1454810895851.jpg (187 KB, 720x706) Image search: [Google]
1454810895851.jpg
187 KB, 720x706
>>73115258
The second half is what's important.
>>
>>73099104
Think of the possibilities! Everyone can be white!
>>
>>73116813
just why exactly do you think genetic modification is a bad thing?
>>
>>73117045
I'm sorry I've neglected your link, but if I were to shift my attention away from this intellectual child, it would be interpreted as weakness. I hate to have to play the game, but it is my debt to share what I know.
>>
>>73116507
One of my professors at Hopkins worked on that. It's fascinating shit. Basically you can attach a photoreceptor to any gene during embryonic development allowing you turn genes on and off with a specific frequency of light.
>>
>>73117205
It isn't inherently good or bad. It is unnecessary, and has the potential for corruption, and implies we know more about the universe than it knows about itself.

Trust nature, it has been established as fact much longer than eugenics.
>>
>>73117045
Holy shit its Köksal Baba
>>
File: 46t5t52t.jpg (58 KB, 320x313) Image search: [Google]
46t5t52t.jpg
58 KB, 320x313
>>73115258
>end of sex
>orgy porgy

People have sex for fun, not to procreate.
>>
File: 1446610917806.jpg (28 KB, 310x364) Image search: [Google]
1446610917806.jpg
28 KB, 310x364
>>73117530
Please watch the video lecture. If you know developmental biology you can skip to the part where Hank Greely speaks
>>
>>73117661
And if simulated sex turns out to be vastly more pleasurable than real sex?
>>
>>73117290
fascinating. this one is new on me.

>>73117494
>It is unnecessary

it is quite necessary for fixing genetic ailments.

we don't have millions of years to wait for evolution to gift us a cure.

Artificial selection is artificial selection.

It feeds the world, it cures illness.
>>
File: 1457575150891.jpg (68 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1457575150891.jpg
68 KB, 384x288
>>73117661
Watch the video, it'll make sense. Basically we'll be picking our ideal embryo from 100s of candidates made from gametes made from induced pluripotent stem cells. It'll be so useful, it will become unethical to have a child naturally because it will be like giving birth in a field.
>>
>>73117928
then people will fuck when the power goes out.

and ur the intellectual baby if you reject science for your own feels.
>>
>>73118193
>Basically we'll be picking our ideal embryo from 100s of candidates made from gametes made from induced pluripotent stem cells.

or we can randomize genes for free and then just extract and correct the malignant ones.

I think your suggestion may have a cost vs benefit problem.

Simply a solution in search of a problem.
>>
>>73117952
>Artificial selection is artificial selection.

Treating diseases with natural cures is not artificial selection. We do not need to change ourselves, but to respect the bodies we are given instead of destroying them hoping for science to sell you a cure.
>>
>>73099104
What you are overlooking is that humans are very malignant, we love to watch other humans suffering. Everything you're talking about eliminating is just reducing our arsenal of suffering. It's no better than abortion.

Abortion prevents unwanted and unloved niglets and trailer trashlings from being abused and mistreated as is their purpose.
>>
>>73118240
We can barely survive already when the power goes out. If you have a society based on genetic manipulation, the power going out is catastrophic.
>>
>>73118542
>presumes genetic illness can be cured by ingesting plants

some people are actually interested in helping people, not pissing in the fountain of knowledge.

We don't startup from the premise of
>naturalistic fallacy
>eww GMO icky
>genetic damage from environment is a good thing
>science is equally valid as my opinions
>>
File: 354234.jpg (11 KB, 202x259) Image search: [Google]
354234.jpg
11 KB, 202x259
>>73118742
well an autist you like wouldn't know the company of a woman and what benefits a relationship has.
>>
>>73118922
You state that those sick, are doomed to die sick.

And I'm living proof that you are wrong. That's all I need to know, to know there is no way you can disprove me, other than by trying to ignore or distort the truth.
>>
>>73118429
It's not my suggestion, it's how it's going to be done based on the most cost effective technologies in development. Watch the video.

>randomize genes for free
What do you mean by this exactly? The technique I'm discussing has the same randomization as natural procreation, only it allows us to do a full genetic screenings before implantation thus avoiding risk factors for cancer, diabetes, and any other genetic disorder and potentially choosing other traits.
>>
But then everyone would be a 6'4 aesthetic god. And no one would be special

The Chad problem would be fixed because every man would be Chad, but is this a good thing?
>>
>>73119119
You know nothing about me, or my relationships, so your pseudo intellectual projection of your own insecurities is wasted among the aware.
>>
>>73119364
Those risk factors are false flags, given that type one diabetes has been on the rise ever since it was fabricated.
>>
>>73118610
>misanthropic position

disgusting

maybe some deep brain stimulation therapy can change your bad thoughts.
>>
>>73119244
>You state that those sick, are doomed to die sick.

when did I say that?

that's your position.
you want to deny them medicine.
>>
File: 1415572044950.png (500 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
1415572044950.png
500 KB, 830x974
>>73118742
>society based on genetic manipulation
You're thinking about this very abstractly. A petridishes containing gametes in a freezer aren't going to die while the backup generators kick in. I didn't have power for two weeks after Hurrican Sandy, I still shitpost on my phone the whole time.
>>
File: 65765.jpg (180 KB, 642x406) Image search: [Google]
65765.jpg
180 KB, 642x406
>>73119473
>>73119473
>aware

>doesn't know the difference between a theory and hypothesis
>>
>>73119743
Your ignorance of human behavior and genetics is growing to be quite obnoxious. You need to study more than one topic. You can't understand human behavior from DNA, because society is our own creation, and constantly changing what we believe to be true.
>>
>>73119743
I didn't say I liked it faggot.

That's just how we work.
>>
>>73120085
This kid literally cannot differentiate information from source. He is a lot cause.
>>
>>73099104
>no human should be an accident
>include dark skin tones

It's like you have no idea about the product you're trying to sell.
>>
>>73119612
It's not an on and off switch because of epigenetics but genetic risk factors are a thing. How else do you explain such huge differences in mortality across races? We don't have enough data because of cost limitations but that will improve undeniably as the technology advances. Do you think BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations don't cause breast cancer? Do you think anueploidy has no association with Down syndrome?
>>
>>73120203
Because once you understand it, you know the only way to sell it is by making sure no one else understands it.
>>
>>73119364
>The technique I'm discussing has the same randomization as natural procreation

That's the point. All that effort and resources to do what nature already does for free.

You cant beat free in a cost v benefit analysis.

>only it allows us to do a full genetic screenings

you can do that by extracting, screening, gengineering and cloning a naturally formed embryonic blastomere.

After its fixed re-implant into uterus.
>>73099426
>>
File: 1430579501271.jpg (273 KB, 960x696) Image search: [Google]
1430579501271.jpg
273 KB, 960x696
>>73117284
>>73118240
Please watch the video, I'm going to go see Civil War.
>>
SINGULARITY 2045
>>
>>73120259
>My theory is broken but because I have no alternative I'll ignore the problems and treat it like reality.

You are a direct product of the dogmatic reinforcement of theory beyond reason.

I'm not telling you we know everything about the universe. I'm telling you, that we know far less than you boldly assume we do.
>>
>>73120180
Its true though. If you eliminate genetic diseases, what will be left for 4chan to shitpost about? Serious topics?
>>
>>73120085
>That's just how we work.

your wrong there too faggot

go learn about social animals

unless you think science is a lie too
like this retarded baby >>73120180
>>
File: 1448657386015.png (249 KB, 843x843) Image search: [Google]
1448657386015.png
249 KB, 843x843
>>73120449
>After its fixed re-implant into uterus.
How do you find a 2 day old zygote in the womb? Watch the video please, it explains all of this.
>>
>>73099104
>IMMORTAL CELLS = CANCER LOL
IMMORTAL CELLS = CANCER LOL
>>
>>73120259
>epigenetics

pseudo-science
>>
>>73120777
>>73120449
Sorry I wasn't very clear, the problem with your logic is that to extract a blastomere is highly invasive and very far off meanwhile making gametes with induced pluripotent stem cells and using IVF is currently possible with none of the complications of what you're proposing.
>>
>>73120610
WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO REMOVE A DISEASE, WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT CAUSES THESE DISEASES, HENCE THE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS WE SPEND LOOKING FOR CURES.

You are being fed lies, to keep you from understanding how powerful the human body is without neurotoxins in your food and water.

Genetics is designed to make you a lazy, apathetic piece of shit that waits until they die. There's no money in cures.
>>
>>73120957
Do you know what a histone is? Do you understand that you have two sets of genes and only one of them is ever being expressed? That is epigenetics.
>>
>>73099104
>Anti-Science Luddites will try to stop the betterment of mankind.

maybe in the west but you just know the chinese will give no fucks
>>
>>73120804
no-one said immortal.

200 years will be fine.

>>73120777
MRI
>>
>>73099104

I think you should be able to augment yourself after you become like 30 years old or so

Being born without any flaw will end up being a negative, the diversity of the tapestry gives us perspective. But sure, after you grow up, why not?
>>
>>73121181
>Thinks an entire field of research is equivalent to one arrogant statement

You grossly underestimate our understanding of gene expression and the implications of nature/nuture.
>>
>>73121405
Overestimate*
>>
>>73121043
>blastomere is highly invasive

whats the issue? the genetic material is intact when extracted from 8-cell.

use CRISPR to alter specific genes.
multiple in-vitro reinsert in into empty embryo sac.
Then just place it in the womb.

The option you present is just an over-complicated method of doing what nature has already done for no cost.

Also it would be reducing the genetic diversity of the planet to an absurdly small window by just selecting ala-carte from gametes.

Its an expensive trade off that is less efficient for genetic recombination then just having intercourse.

Also why would anyone want to have no genetic relation to their offspring.
>>
>>73099104
I want to become a nanite colony
>>
>>73121181
I know the field.

it depends on how you use that term.

if think it causes inheritable change its pseudoscience.

environmental factors can affect expression and it doesn't require a duplicate set of genes
>>
>>73122179
Same
Cybernetics or nothing. Flesh is weak.
>>
>>73120515
im listening to it right now.

its long.
>>
>>73122560
>Flesh is weak.
but its unique

why not the best of both worlds?
>>
>>73121060

In 1884, meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time. First words said was that only 1 day could be used on Earth to not change the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1 day and ignored the other 3 days. The bible time was wrong then and it proved wrong today. This a major lie has so much evil feed from it's wrong. No man on Earth has no belly-button, it proves every believer on Earth a liar.
>>
>>73105172
Obviously we have more power than god if by simply playing we can bring ruin to everyone and everything on his Earth.
>>
>>73099104
You know why that's never going to pass don't you?

The potential of creating a slave race is too great.
>>
>>73123480
What about the potential to make a shitload of money off of this,

People go broke to send their kids to the best schools.

They will go broke to genetically improve them too.

Its all about competition, plus slavery is illegal.
>>
>>73099104
Born just in time to witness the master race.
>>
>>73123140
You arrogant fool. Because the universe has the self-restraint to give you true free will, doesn't mean it is weaker than you are. You could never achieve that degree of discipline.
>>
>>73105156
Science is the new religion with huge institutions as the new churches and scientists as the new priest class. They are the mediator between you and reality. The scientific method is great but believing that anything labeled science is true is more pathetic than being a Christian zealot.
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.