[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the average American so poor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 2013-06-28-werenumber27.jpg (95 KB, 990x558) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-28-werenumber27.jpg
95 KB, 990x558
Is it because of the belief in trickle down economics or because of minorities?

The median wealth in America is globally only ranked 27, behind most of Western Europe, Japan, Taiwan, Qatar, UAE, and even Cyprus.
>>
>In absolute terms, the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings in 2011, compared to $7,113 for the median black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household
It's minorities senpai
>>
>>73037213
Shit is much much cheaper in the US as well. Maybe not nightclubs / restaurants, but the general cost of groceries / appliances etc., as well as the cost of houses (which is where majority of the wealth figure comes from)

Look at what £500,000 will buy you in a UK suburb compared to an American suburb
>>
>>73037420
This.
>>
>>73037785
>cuckbucks
I don't speak communism sorry.
>>
>>73037213
I bet if you take blacks out of the demographics we shoot up like 10 spots
>>
>>73037968
almost 20
>>
>>73037213
50% of Americans have less than 30K in assets. Hegemony class activated
>>
>>73037848
£ is among the least cucked currencies in the world

€ however...
>>
>>73037420
7000? 8000? What?
>>
>>73037213
we have way less taxes then you, also our poor have cellphones, cars, jobs, apartments, and a bunch of amenities that arent even necessary
>>
>>73038157
I know, sounds suspect
source is forbes btw

something tells me it's going to take a long time to help those communities
>>
>>73037785
>Shit is much much cheaper in the US as well.
Not compared to e.g. Germany. Google cost of living US vs. Germany. Not compared to e.g. Cyprus or several of the other countries listed as having a higher median net worth.
>>
>>73037213
>tfw 29 year old Australian with two degrees and good public sector job
>Only $47k wealth (super+savings+possesions-debt)

REEEE END NEGATIVE GEARING NOW!

Oh well, Im still richer than the american German.
>>
it's because of latin american immigrants.

they have no money when they come here, and then they skew the statistics.
>>
>>73038167
>jobs, apartments
how dare they
>>
all those countries (except the arabs with their oilbux) have strong labor protections and unions. like it or not they push up the lower tier wages far more effectively than any minimum wage.
>>
>>73038398
thats a plus mang, if you are poor in the usa you are 90% better off then the rest of the world
>>
File: Chart3_0.png (36 KB, 850x558) Image search: [Google]
Chart3_0.png
36 KB, 850x558
>>73038167
>we have way less taxes then you
But you need to pay for your social security, healthcare and education yourself. Also, your public transportation sucks.

Plus, I challenge your assertion that America really taxes its people a lot less. Considering the massive military spending, there just is no way that America could actually have a lot lower taxes.
>>
>>73038167
>also our poor have cellphones, cars, jobs, apartments, and a bunch of amenities

Even our "refugees" all got the latest smartphone brands, luxury apparel etc. ... and we then GIVE THEM apartments, cars etc. We are as cucked as you are.
>>
>>73038812
>Plus, I challenge your assertion tha
Your challenge means nothing in the face of facts.
Given our actualy buying power, our taxes aren't high at all>>73037420
The numbers are low only as result of recent slave labor immigration
>>
>>73038869
>Even our "refugees" all got the latest smartphone brands, luxury apparel etc. ... and we then GIVE THEM apartments, cars etc. We are as cucked as you are.
FUCK YEAH BR- i mean oh shit it sucks, there are city officials telling the state govenor that they will hide the refugees without telling the governor its crazy

>>73038812
>But you need to pay for your social security, healthcare and education yourself. Also, your public transportation sucks.
good, i pay for my stuff when i need it FOR MYSELF not for losers who get hep c from shooting drugs in some crack house

you have to pay for shit youll never need and never use and you pay for it even if you dont need it, and you pay for everyone

the usa has the best cancer survival rates in the world thanks to capitalism

we are catching up to you in the gibs department tho, sadly
>>
>>73038308
Pew has different numbers, but the gap is similar. The number for whites might drop a bit with millennial homeownership rates expected to remain low.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/12/12/racial-wealth-gaps-great-recession/
>>
>>73038929
36% of GDP in total tax revenue is pretty high, if you ask me.

Germany's total overall tax burden is 36.7%. http://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/oecd-bericht-zu-staatsfinanzen-steuerlast-in-deutschland-ist-ueberdurchschnittlich-hoch/11098366.html

The OECD average total tax burden is 34%.

You shouldn't make the mistake to only look to the federal level or just to income taxes. You need to take ALL government revenue sources (federal, state and local), add them all up and compare them to ALL government revenue sources in other countries such as Germany - but excluding healthcare or pension insurance in the comparison.
>>
>>73039327
Sorry, forgot, it is 36% of GDP in America minus 10% social security taxes plus the deficit of 3% = 29% which is relevant when e.g. comparing to Germany's 36%.
>>
>>73039327
>http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/12/12/racial-wealth-gaps-great-recession/
yeah I guess, still things aren't bad at all here imo, even relatively speaking
>>
>>73039604
didn't mean greentext that link
>>
>>73039128
>the usa has the best cancer survival rates in the world thanks to capitalism
I'm pulling this out of my ass (no pun intended) but iirc all that separates the US from other developed countries is prostate cancer, which the europeans don't screen for very much and often doesn't need treatment.
>>
>>73039780
You want people to die of cancer ... quickly. Cancer patients are expensive and survivors often cannot work or even if they work they often need expensive follow-on care.

I say, give them all opium and put them on a tropical island.
>>
>>73037213

shut up you bolshevik!

Poor should be taxed more than rich so they have incentives to become rich. Also they only want to consume instead of work. Trickle down works. If you dont belive in it you are an uneducated communist scum, nazi fascist Hitler, a pedophile in black dress etc. Maybe subhuman slavic monkey white nigger scum too.
>>
>>73038370
Thats heavy. Should have been from Sydney, neither parent finished high schools now they're millionares
>>
>>73037213
housing bubbles propping up wealth in most of those countries
>>
>>73038326
>cost of living US vs. Germany
Its like you only looked at one link
Gas, car, housing/ft is much cheaper in the U.S.
In other words, things that greatly affect median wealth. I'm not even saying one country is better than the other, just use common sense my brother.
>>
>>73040979
trying way too hard
>>
>>73041641

You know what. I have tried a serious discussion with liberals in Poland and I always got this kind of answer.

Liberals are nazi itself treating everyone else like subhuman to be eliminated.

I consciously choose poverty away from those scums. Take your shit and leave.
>>
>>73037213

Neoliberal economics has fucked the finances of working Americans.

"Trickle down" is bullshit. Wealth trickles up.
>>
>>73037785
I can take 500k quid and build an empire here, you can take 500k and lose it all in taxes
>>
>>73040979
> Trickle down works. I

No, it has been refuted.

Wealth generates returns faster than an economy grows; this means wealth trickles up.
>>
woot i am worth about 10 americans.
with the added advantage of living in the cheapest country in the world.

inb4 muh genocide
>>
>>73040979
Trickle down works if investment money is recycled back into your economy. We saw investment money invested overseas and that's why it failed
>>
>>73042067
Investment trickles down, tax cuts affect investors who take money and invest it in American businesses.
>>
>>73042299

No.

Wealth generates returns faster than the economy grows. It doesn't matter where the wealthy invest their money, they always suck money out of the middle and working classes.

This is an economic fact.
>>
>>73042067
No reason to believe that, it's really just minority problems
>>
>>73042407

This is not supported by evidence.

Evidence shows wealth always generates retirns faster than the economy grows, over the long term.

Google "Capital In the 21st Century".
>>
>$12,000 a year
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.