[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ted Cruz Royally Fucked Me Over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: el rato.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
el rato.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
I have recently been interviewing for a job at an established private equity firm, and Ted Cruz might have lost me the job. I made it to the final round of interviews after an initial interview with a few vice presidents and an intense financial modeling test. When I met with the founder of the firm, he asked me one question. "Who will you vote for to be the next president of the United States?" This man has a southern accent and I knew he was from the deep south from reading his bio online and I thought maybe this guy might be a Cruz supporter, but I'm not a pussy. I said with extreme confidence, "I am voting for Donald J. Trump." He asked me why and I gave him my reasons. He told me that he is an establishment conservative but liked the issues that Trump brings forefront. He was so happy that I was not a Hillary or even worse Sanders supporter. I tried to be as conservative as possible and we went back and forth ripping on liberals. To sound more like an establishment supporter, I said that Chris Christie was my original choice, and I eventually switched to Trump. Anyways, Do you guys think that because I said Donald Trump and the boss supports Ted Cruz that I wont get hired? Ted Cruz literally suspended his campaign a few hours after the interview.

>TLDR
>Applied for job and boss asked me who for pres
>said trump hes a cruz guy and its all that we talked about
>cruz ends campaign hours later
>think ill still get the job?
>>
>>73034437

I think it'd be pretty illegal if he did that
>>
>>73034437
No He will blame you for Ted Cruz dropping out and think you are fbi or some shit.
>>
>>73034545

Correct

Because op is underage and thinks it's fun to make shit up
>>
>>73034545
Really? If someone said they'd vote for Bernie in the financial sector in an interview there's no chance they would get hired.
>>
You're a fucking idiot if you believe that Ted Cruz made you lose your job.
>>
>>73034545

Yeah, but you realize that not saying the reason for not hiring someone makes it completely legal.

"Sorry, we don't think you're fit for the job."
>>
On this episode of Things That Never Happened...
>>
>>73035200
It doesnt matter if ur voting for jesus

If you bring up your political affiliation in an interview you shoudlnt get the job
>>
>>73035131
You're wrong. Who that is underage even knows what private equity is? He was just seeing if I shared similar ideologies with the firm since I'd be working 70-90 hours a week with the same people.
>>
>>73034437

OP, you picked a winner. If anything this will make your boss want to hire you.
>>
>>73035535
>kids don't know what private equity is
I've no reason to believe that you do either.
>>
>>73034437
I mean if you were shitting on liberals together that's a good sign. Now that Donald is the nominee he's going to have to vote for him.
>>
>>73035478
I am dead serious that this happened. This story is factual. It's a small but reputable firm.
>>73035486
He brought it up, I did not.
>>
Sage

Goes in ALL FUCKING FIELDS
>>
>>73034437
Actually if anything the fact that you not only owned up to voting for Trump, provided reasons why and had an intelligent discussion with him should play well in your favor. Honesty and integrity go a long way. Had you back peddled or dodged the question it could have been seen as a red flag.
>>
>>73035716
Basically you already have 365 days worth of compensation from a lawsuit even if you weren't hired but your retarded ass may have completely ruined that by answering his question. Fuck you are one stupid piece of shit.
>>
>>73035746
Bump :)
>>
>>73034545
apparently you don't understand 'at will' employment.
As long as you're not hiring/firing based on protected statuses (religion, national origin, etc), you can do anything you want. You may be an asshole, but you can fire a guy for excessive ear hair or farting.
>>
>>73035933
I WILL KILL YOU
>>
>>73035928
I would never file a lawsuit about not getting hired. I am not a fucking pussy. If I don't get the job then so be it. I am not unemployed. I just want to know if you or anyone else thinks that I fucked up by saying Trump. Trump supporters get a lot of heat from both parties for supporting Trump.
>>
>he said he liked Trump just fine
>Trump is about to win, showing that you pick "winners"
>you were honest and you bonded over your shared dislike of liberals

I seriously doubt it, unless you shat all over Cruz or something.
>>
>>73036216
hmu tho
>>
>>73036349
Then that is your own fault.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.