[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Republicans believe the second amendment shall not be infringed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: HQuMeKv.jpg (120 KB, 700x642) Image search: [Google]
HQuMeKv.jpg
120 KB, 700x642
If Republicans believe the second amendment shall not be infringed and it is an inherent right for all citizens to bear arms then why do they put felons in jail for owning guns? Felons are still citizens right?

Isn't this infringement? And if it is doesn't this mean the 2nd amendment can be infringed?
>>
>>73030485
Depends, a Felon can get their guns rights back, depending on the nature of the felony, if they commit a violent felony such as armed robbery or attempted murder then no.
>>
>>73030986

The bill of rights is not contingent upon any conditions. They are inherent god given rights.

Checkmate Republican.
>>
>>73031225
Actually when you commit felonies you forfeit many of your rights as a human being for fucking up in the severity that you did.
>>
>>73031420

You get forced into a holding cell, but your rights do not disappear. The text is quite clear.
>>
>>73031808
? yeah, your rights kind of do disappear. You shit in your mess kit and you are subject to the legal system. One part of that is not allowing felons/prisoners to own firearms when incarcerated.
>>
>>73032123

Show me the contingency clause in the second amendment.
>>
>>73032321
Just fucking google the legal system, I'm sure there's a lot out there regarding the dos and don'ts of being a felon. I don't spoonfeed retards.
>inb4 but your mom did
>>
>>73032445

The bill of rights supersedes state law. These rights are guaranteed to all citizens regardless of which state they reside.
>>
>>73031225
No they arent you fucking retard, rights can stripped by due process
>>
>>73032768
Federal law, fifth amendment, also, last I checked prisons are gun free zones unless you're a corrections officer. So, as long as you're a resident I think you'll have a hard time owning them.
>>
>>73032445
you got rekt
>>
>>73033198
How?
>>
>>73030485
Your first problem is thinking that Republicans actually care about natural rights.
>>
>>73030485
Republicans != Constitutionalists
>>
>>73030485
convicts deserve their Rights after they've served their time. In many cases, they can petition the courts to get them reinstated. White criminals do that, nigs are too lazy to care.
>>
>>73030485
If you're convicted of a crime after due process, it allows for the removal of your life, liberty and/or property, as allowed by the 5th Amendment and case law.

It's why we can jail people in the first place.
>>
>>73033083

Fuck me, you're right.

Well if you don't support felons being able to own guns I'm going to interpret the 2nd amendment as only applying to militias and take away your right.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.