[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it ok to be proud of things that a person didnt control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12
Why is it ok to be proud of things that a person didnt control or achieve (their race, their nation of origin, ect.)
>>
What if I told you that it's not pride but admiration and a desire to keep everything your ancestors have built alive
>>
>>73019662
ok fine, but then how can you blame other races for being loyal to their race or nationalistic as well?
>>
>>73019759
I don't. None of us here do. We're all for racial separation and diversity. Everyone has a right to keep their culture and race alive
>>
>>73019759
That literally only happens to white people
>>
>>73019408

Because you didn't create them, they created you
>>
Why is it not?

What a better question is why do people feel proud of things they didn't achieve or control?

Why is it that people feel a sense of pride when their local football team goes big somewhere?

Why is it that people will cheer for someone that is from their hometown that becomes a celebrity? Because they can relate to those people, they are part of their ingroup, "this guy belongs to the same group that i belong to, we are the same, we came from the same, we both took part in this, this is someone this is familiar etc"
>>
>>73019408

Because they're the least selfish things to be proud of
>>
>>73019759
Who does? pls no strawman
>>
>>73019408
It's irrational, but it don't mean that you shouldn't preserve this things
>>
>>73019759
Because their race and nations are shit
>>
>>73019408
By that logic why be proud of anything? Looks, height, athleticism, iq, and the environment you were brought up in were determined by RNG, not through the merit of your own decisions and effort.
>>
>>73020216
mental gymnastics at its finest
>>
>>73020491
athleticism is something you can control isn't it?
>>
>>73020665
Same with Looks and IQ, right?
>>
>>73020131

This. They are A PART of you. You identify with them and should preserve them.
>>
File: White+pride+isn+t+racist.png (261 KB, 864x732) Image search: [Google]
White+pride+isn+t+racist.png
261 KB, 864x732
>>73019408
Only white people are told they can't be proud of anything.
>>
>>73020543

Official teaching of the Catholic church actually
>>
>>73020376
why? Isnt everyon tasked with adapting and tayloring life to their liking, including new cultural influences?
>>
>>73020809
Literally what
>>
>>73020749
Im going to be honest. I think its the people who say "be proud of who you are" that are wrong. I think you should be proud of who you choose to be.
>>
>>73021136
Thats why the whole white pride meme is obnoxious jsut like black pride and asian pride or female pride is obnoxious. Why not strive for some individulatiy for chirsts sake.
>>
File: naziob.jpg (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
naziob.jpg
20 KB, 200x200
>>73019759
Thats what natsoc is you dumb fuck. Hitler wanted to kick the Jews out of Europe and put them in Palestine. He believed every race should be segregated and allowed to show pride in their own race and country without people calling them racist bigots like liberal faggots are doing today, and specifically targeting white people while admiring and celebrating every other race's ethnic pride.
>>
>>73021054

Pride is bad because it makes you excessively turn inwards and focus on yourself. Pride in your country or race can be shared with others, so it's good.
>>
>>73021301
yeah i know that. That doesnt mean white pride is rational. Its jsut as stupid as the rest.
>>
>>73019662
>>73020037
based norg. I've heard ops argument before and never really thought about how to answer it
>>
>>73021656
shouldn't people have the right to adapt and combine cultures as well? I dont get the "cultural appropriation" meme unless you are specifically trying to insult someone.
>>
File: 1454439806278.jpg (59 KB, 513x510) Image search: [Google]
1454439806278.jpg
59 KB, 513x510
>>73019759
Uhhhh..., we don't.
>>
>>73019408
personal pride != collective pride
>>
>>73020665
>>73020720
Ultimately not much. Especially not IQ.
>>
>>73021870
are people not enitled to NOT be proud or want to mix cultures with others?
>>
>>73022062
Whats the point of education then
>>
>>73021492
Not really. The white Europeans created almost everything that carries and holds civilization together, especially modernity and its science and technology.
>inb4 ancient India and China
>inb4 some Caliph 1,000 years ago
>>
>>73022225
Inheritence of the knowledge of your ancestors and the collective knowledge of mankind to realize your capabilities and potential. Said cognitive potential is measured relatively on the IQ scale which is determined by your biology and the upbringing by your biological parents, respectively the biology of your step parents.
>>
>>73019662

firstiepistibestinazi
>>
>>73022458
My IQ lowered drastically after reading this post
>>
>>73021136
>>73021251

This. I approve of racism and white supremacy memes on the grounds that it's funny and it really triggers the fuck out of the SJW crowd. However I don't really see any serious difference between some white trash unemployed redneck who does jack shit with his life claiming to be superior on the grounds of some "master race" bullshit and some equally trashy nignog using "we wuz kangz" to justify being a lazy good for nothing. People who act like they have the right to partially claim other people's accomplishments as their own on the basis of being from the same race. Like one person who happens to be from one particular race does something remarkable and people of that race act like the whole race gets to take credit for it even if they didn't especially do anything.

A man's life is defined by his accomplishments, not his heritage.
>>
No one has answered my question. Just as you all argue people should have the right to be proud of their heritage shouldnt people have the right to be dissatisfied or want to modify it?
>>
>>73022099
You are free to feel not proud, you are also free to feel worthless and guilty. And actually cultures never mix, they just form an eclectic puzzle if put together which ultimately breaks apart later on. Especially if you "mix" ethnicities in an artificial state who are completely incompatible as happend in Yugoslavia, Iraq and most Middle Eastern countries created by the victors of the world wars.

The ideology of multi culturalism has failed as badly as ccommunism, but somehow we are supposed to pay with our lives, security and future for said failure while the agitators remain in their sheltered white neighbourhoods.
>>
File: 1458857855756.jpg (29 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
1458857855756.jpg
29 KB, 320x256
>>73022609
then it's time to move into da hood, nigga. an don't forget, you wuz kings n shite
>>
>>73021835
Of course you should be allowed to steal other cultures. If another culture is better than yours then you take what you learn from that culture to improve your own. Our common goal is to improve ourselves
>>
>>73022867
Isnt preserving your race eventaully unfeesible as it leads to inbreeding? Isnt this proven by genetics?
>>
File: SAGE.jpg (19 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
SAGE.jpg
19 KB, 403x403
>>73019408
'Cause we are a continuation of our ancestors.
>>
>>73023051
I agree. Why doesn't /pol/ see it this way?
>>
>>73023081
Short answer: no.
>>
File: 1458927436198.jpg (41 KB, 356x437) Image search: [Google]
1458927436198.jpg
41 KB, 356x437
>>73023051
Are you Japanese?
>>
>>73023279
your going to have to give me the long answer
>>
>>73019759
I don't. If the ape-men of Ghana want to be proud of their heritage, more power to them. The Japanese would not want me as an immigrant because I'm not Japanese, and that's perfectly ok. Japan belongs to the Japanese.
>>
>>73019408
Because my race and nation are great and I love them and the rest of the world should know that as well. Don't overthink these things.
>>
>>73019408
Why not? Why does only individual achievements matter and not collective achievements?
>>
>>73023611
name a "collective" achievement other than "im poor and dumb and cant come up with any ideas for myself but a smart guy said he'd pay me to help build his cathedral so I did."
>>
File: belgistan.jpg (26 KB, 679x375) Image search: [Google]
belgistan.jpg
26 KB, 679x375
>>73023385
You know it's quarter past five in the morning ere and I haven't slept thhis night?

I'm sorry, you must choose a fellow American of your liking for a long answer to proof how amazing American education is.
>>
File: pallette.jpg (150 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
pallette.jpg
150 KB, 1300x866
>>73021835
There's nothing wrong with exposing yourself to new cultures - that's one of the greatest appeals of travelling to new places and meeting new peoples.

But here's the deal, a world full of different nations and different cultures is a lot like an artist's palette covered in different paints and pigments: You can blend them together just a little bit and create something new and wonderful. Blue and Yellow combine to make Green. Yellow and Red combine to form Orange, and so on, but in the end you still have Red, Yellow, Blue, etc.

If you mix them too much, if you dilute all your culture and history and heritage into a multicultural mess, it's like blending all those pigments together until they make one, big, disgusting, boring, bland, brownish. blackish, grayish mess. You've lost what made those colors distinct and interesting in the first place.

Multiculturalism is erasing and blending away all the things that make a nation and a people and a culture unique and special, and replacing it with the same bland boring shit that makes everyone the same.
>>
>>73023787
lol what the fuck are you even going about? All of society is a collective achievement.
>>
>>73023987
The real issue is that the line is not clear in any way. A tiny bit of diversity can bring new foods, new music styles, new technologies, etc. to your country. Too much and you get racial tension through the roof and turn into Brazil.
>>
>>73023987
well said
>>
>>73023998
yeah im just fucking with you
>>
>>73023987
>muh analogies
Not an argument. How about cultures which are destructive to each other should be kept separate
>>
>>73023051
Top discussion m8
>>
>>73021835
>shouldn't people have the right to adapt and combine cultures as well

Do you mean the mixing of people or the copying of cultural element from one culture to another?

The later phenomena is perfectly correct while the former is a bit riskier (it's completely irreversible).
>>
>>73024139
>A tiny bit of diversity can bring new foods, new music styles, new technologies,

This isn't a valid argument. Everything you've mentioned can cross national border sans the people who originated it.

Food, music, technologies, can be transferred or imported by a country without any sort of immigration being necessary.
>>
File: white_genocide.jpg (109 KB, 644x928) Image search: [Google]
white_genocide.jpg
109 KB, 644x928
>>73019408
Still in the "everyone is equal, all differences are superficial" good goy phase? Consider this: every other group on the planet is predatory-as-a-group, fiercely tribal, rabidly racist, nepotistic, and wants to see you dead. You can try to "take the high road" but the rest of the world will just laugh at your naive surrender and rape you family, rape you, castrate you, thennail you to a tree on the road into town. You have a tribe, and it's your only lifeline. Be proud of it, work to better it, work to make it stronger and more cohesive, and stop being a fucking traitor to it just for brownie points from hippies and cucks who pat you on the head for your faux enlightenment.
>>
>>73023171
Who have you seen argue against this?

>>73019759
We don't. But if their loyalty to their culture comes at the expense of my own, then I will fight it. In America, this is often the case.

>>73020665
>>73020720
IQ, no. Looks and athleticism can be increased to your individual peak. But what each person's peak is can differ greatly.

>>73020879
Yes, but if it comes at another culture's expense, there will be disputes. And there is nothing wrong with that.

>>73021136
I agree.

>>73021251
There are genetic differences that are common among different races. This gives people natural advantages over others, and this is a reason to be proud of certain races, but not all. Who cares about individuality, there is nothing special in being unique. You should strive to improve yourself in the ways you think are best, even if it makes you similar to another person.

>>73021835
Yes I agree.

>>73022225
Education is to teach you to be a productive citizen, and to learn new knowledge. IQ is more of a measure of your ability to reason and apply logic. It is not a measure of your knowledge.

>>73022836
Sure, but if you try to modify your community there will be backlash. By modifying your local culture, you are affecting others and they will fight you. And they are in the right, but so are you.

>>73023081
Inbreeding is only a problem if there are unwanted recessive traits in the population. These recessive traits are more likely to arise. If the genetic diversity in a population is large, than it isn't a problem. If these traits don't exist, than it isn't a problem. If these traits can be identified, you can just avoid mating with those that have it, and let the traits die off.

>>73023171
/pol/ isn't a hivemind.

>>73023787
Establishing communities are communal tasks. A well functioning society takes more than a single intelligent man and some workers.
>>
>>73025021
>Not an argument.
It illustrates my point quite nicely though.

When you dilute and blend away all the things that sets your culture apart from others in the name of some multicultural mess, you cease to be a unique, distinct culture.

If every place and every people end up being the same, what reason remains to visit other places and people? You can't expose yourself to new cultures and ideas when every culture is the same.
>>
posts like this are why i come to /soc/ intellectual debate
>>
It's just a cop out mostly for people who can't think individually and have accomplished nothing themselves. So they can always fall back on "muh ancestors doe" like niggers and feel they don't actually have to do anything.
Basic ideology
>>
>>73026054
I don't deny that it was a good analogy, but isn't osmosis of cultures just nature? Especially with modern tech
>>
File: images-1.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>73024253
I like the pic OP looks like Nietzsche, interesting guy, misunderstood by many because of his hidden id.
When your done with Nietzsche you should look up albert pike, then goethe. Goethes wheel, color space, what is it to see color?
Nietzsche always goes on and on about how Christianity destroyed culture, and how much he supported Islam. I wonder why? I consider his Ecce Homo a complete lie about his id.
>>
>>73026720
it is nietzsche
>>
>>73026666
Adopting things from other cultures through osmosis is nature, I won't disagree. Hell, just look at loan words in English.

But multiculturalism isn't natural. It's not letting trends or ideas get naturally adopted and evolve. It's artificially imposing foreign culture through migration and media and actively replacing a nation's own cultural heritage.

Nice quads btw.
>>
File: 1444933678684.jpg (4 MB, 4298x3165) Image search: [Google]
1444933678684.jpg
4 MB, 4298x3165
>>73019408
This thinking is directly the result of the estrangement between children and their parents and the destruction of the nuclear family.
This is also a uniquely American thought propagated by the Jews, a nation where blood ties to the people and land does not exist. Don't entertain OP's ignorance.
>>
Racism is aristocracy for the layman
>>
>>73019759
>how can you blame other races for being loyal to their race or nationalistic as well?

Who's doing that?
>>
>>73027063
What is natural or artificial in this case? The notion of multiculturalism was made by humans, the same humans who thought up nationalism and anarchism and any other ism, naturally.

Cheers
>>
>>73027429
>nationalism

Is an extension of the people- the family makes the village, the village makes the state, the state makes the nation.
Nationalism is the embodiment of a healthy human society in harmony.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.