[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE CASE FOR A TRUMP / HUNTSMAN TICKET
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: jonhunts.jpg (64 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
jonhunts.jpg
64 KB, 300x400
As everyone knows by now, Trump has effectively sealed the deal and will be nominated as the Republican candidate for President of the United States. With that news, a lot of questions need answering, one of which is on everybody's mind: who will he pick as his Vice President?

Be Unpredictable
I've spent a lot of time thinking about who his VP pick could actually be. Trump is a character that we all have come to know and love over this wild election season, and regardless of what we think he will do, he often does something completely different. The man has tremendous vision, and though he makes decisions to the initial chagrin of pundits/media/voters alike, he always produces and he always comes out ahead. The man has surpassed expectations by a large margin, and with great frequency. It is safe to say that at this point, nobody really knows what he is thinking.

What does he need?
There is no bigger personality in the world than Donald J. Trump. In the context of Trump, ego is a good word, and one that gets his platforms visibility and strength. For other people, the argument could be made that a large ego is a bad character trait, but that is not such for DJT. He knows what he has, and he knows how to wield it

Thus the case can be made that the VP pick cannot be made in an attempt to find someone with a similar ego/personality as Trump. Everybody else will look timid in comparison, and thus come out looking weak if looked at with the same lens that critics look at Trump. It will add nothing substantial to his ticket, and will in my opinion turn away voters who are looking for additional substance.

I might catch some flak for this, but I do not think that Trump needs someone to help coalesce the Cruz/NeverTrump votes. They are either going to support the Republican nominee or they are not; the picking of a VP candidate will have little bearing on that, and would unfortunately waste what could potentially be a very large olive branch to other population subsets.
>>
(part 2)

So why Huntsman?
First of all, the guy endorsed Trump, so we can get that out of the way.
For those of you who don't know about Huntsman, let me give you a brief little rundown. He served as the Governor of Utah from 2005 to 2009, and as United States Ambassador to China from 2009 to 2011. He has served in the administrations of five U.S. Presidents and was a candidate for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. The guy has virtually no baggage, has a wonderful family, and the Obama campaign is on record in 2012 as saying, "Huntsman would have been a particularly difficult candidate to face in the general election...would have been a very tough candidate."

I encourage you to look up his positions, as pretty much all of them align with Trumps in some way, shape, or form:
Fiscal policy - Very similar to Donald. Huntsman has proposed reducing the corporate tax rate from 35% to 25%, eliminating corporate taxes on income earned overseas, and implementing a tax holiday for repatriation of corporate profits. He favors eliminating taxes on capital gains and dividends. I could see the two of them working together very nicely here, and complimenting each other well.

Social issues - Doesn't like abortion BUT has supported same-sex marriage in the past. What I like about Huntsman is that he is religious (Mormon) but he's not a loon/holy roller like some other people in this party. He knows how to keep it separate, and we all need to realize that there are large issues facing the United States than this. No argument with Trump there.

Environmental and energy - On climate change, "There's not enough information right now to formulate policies in terms of addressing it over all, primarily because it's a global issue. We can enact policies here, but I wouldn't want to unilaterally disarm as a country. I wouldn't want to hinder job creators at a time when our economy is flat." Very common sense approach that pushes away either skeptics or believers.
>>
File: nancy-pelosi-laughing.jpg (31 KB, 501x373) Image search: [Google]
nancy-pelosi-laughing.jpg
31 KB, 501x373
>>73010524

>Huntsman

Well, given how liberal Huntsman is that would fit Trump perfectly.
>>
(part 3)

Foreign policy - This is the big ticket item for me personally. The guy served as the US ambassador to China under the Obama administration. A lot of criticism for Trump on China is, "Yea that sounds great, but how are you going to do it?" This effectively asks Trump what his policies are, and who he actually wants to help enact them. He can only go so far as saying, "I'll sit down and talk to people" because at a certain point, being an executive consists of putting the right people in there for the job. I think that Huntsman's experience in this field offers him the chance to make a lot of suggestions that can help change the discourse on foreign policy, and cast Trump in a much more serious light, reducing people's concerns about his ability to do what he says.

Immigration - Has stated that the country needs more LEGAL immigration, and has voiced previous support for a border fence, saying, "as an American, the thought of a fence to some extent repulses me ... but the situation is such that I don't think we have a choice." Not ideal, but the guy is practical enough to realize that The Wall is a key Trump platform piece. I think if anything this helps bring in people who really do want to see a little bit of yin to Trump's yang.

When I look at Huntsman I see a guy that is more palatable to the general masses than Trump. This is /pol/, and while you're saying to yourself, "Trump is fine for me, what the heck do you mean", you have to understand that we can only go up from here. We need to think about how to attract people to the movement that were not previously on board. This is extremely important, and I think it would be a wrong decision for Trump to go to someone like Christie. We need a guy who can function well by himself, but also complement the commander in chief. Huntsman offers a lot of intangibles to the Trump movement, and I think a ticket with Trump / Huntsman could help to unify the party unlike any other.
>>
(last part)
I remember hearing about this guy in the 2012 race, and virtually everyone thought highly of the guy, left and right. That being said, I haven't heard much from him since, though MANY people said he was very well positioned for a great future in politics. I would be interested in hearing what other people have to say about this, and if you are aware of anything that I haven't thought of myself, positive or negative, please let me know. Looking forward to some good conversation

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I think a woman/minority pick will be seen as pandering too much. Everyone is already waiting to pounce on Trump for doing just that.
>>
>>73010652

If you have a picture of Pelosi with some smarmy faggot answer, then I know I'm on the right track
>>
Jon Huntsman, Jr is my homeboy!

If it wasn't for Ron Paul, and if Jon Huntsman, Jr. didn't drop out after New Hampshire, I would have voted for him.
>>
>>73011030

Agreed, the only reason I didn't follow him a ton in 2012 was because I was too focused on Ron Paul. Now that I've grown up a little bit, I can use some hindsight and see that the guy was put together and knew what he was talking about
>>
>>73010833

Oh you're on the right track alright.

You show em how good you are at doin politics, tiger.
>>
File: tillyoufuckingdie.png (389 KB, 496x720) Image search: [Google]
tillyoufuckingdie.png
389 KB, 496x720
>>73011244
>having pictures of pelosi and sheen saved on your computer
>being taken seriously

pick one
>>
Literally stopped reading at Mormon. Nobody that believes in that should even be allowed to drive or have children, shit they should someone help dress themselves.
>>
>>73011503
do yourself a favor and read what hes said about his faith

guy fucking hates romneys guts. trump is not going to pick some edgy atheist as a VP, so people need to get over it
>>
File: Case For A Trump-Huntsman Ticket.jpg (820 KB, 1074x1336) Image search: [Google]
Case For A Trump-Huntsman Ticket.jpg
820 KB, 1074x1336
>>
>>73011765
respect
>>
>>73010524
trump webb
>>
>>73011671
You fucking idiot it doesnt matter what he says about mormonism. If he prescribes himself to it he is worthless
>>
File: 48057361.cached.jpg (73 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
48057361.cached.jpg
73 KB, 800x500
>>73010524
I'm very okay with this proposal. Probably the best one I've seen so far.
>>
>>73013246
this is what im saying dude, if anyone wants to offer another suggestion thats fine. edgelords in here just trying to grasp at straws honestly.
>>
>>73013391
Mormonism isn't a straw. It is a factually evident of it's absolute falsehood, also incest. If anything, it is an entire hay bale in an idiot barn.
>>
>>73013655
can you make an alternative suggestion then instead of going hard in the paint at mine? do you even like trump?
>>
>>73010687
>We need more legal immigration
>the thought of a FENCE repulses me
stopped reading right there, ill be voting for hillary if trump picks him
>>
>>73013779
Oh I love Trump but Mormonism is a complete utter pile of shit and no reasonable human being should even have to know it ever happened.
>>
I like this proposal. Still want based Webb or Newt.
>>
>>73013779
To add to your suggestion of VP, I choose John McAfee. Good guy.
>>
File: un-ebbable.png (522 KB, 780x518) Image search: [Google]
un-ebbable.png
522 KB, 780x518
>>73010524
TRUMP / WEBB 2016
>>
>>73014156
John McAfee, another open borders candidate, perfect. Why don't we just go for Bernie then?
>>
why is there any reasons to expect that huntmans views on that shit would somehow make trump do a 180? its huntmans choice to bend the knee and say whether or not hes in
>>
>>73010524
Finally someone with a brain who knows what Trump needs. Huntsman is the perfect technocrat and a safe pick for Trump.

Honestly, if Trump does something stupid like pick a fat spic woman or a nigger than there goes his white voter base. PANDERING DOES NOT WORK FOR REPUBS.
>>
>>73014920
>>73014920
>>73014920
>>73014920
>>73014920
>>73014920
finally someone else with a brain
>>
>>73014581
There is a huge pool of people more who are very qualified to be his VP, but the last person we need is any one who is ambiguous on immigration. Keep in mind that assuming Trump's presidency goes well, his VP will likely become the next president. Reagan made the mistake of picking Bush as his VP. Trump needs a nationalist, someone patriotic, maybe young. But he needs to be more than just a symbol, he needs to have a good use, someone skilled like Richard Nixon.
>>
>>73014920
Ya, I doubt his white voter base will dissolve of he picks Allen West or someone like that. John Huntsman adds nothing to his campaign except someone boring. Might as well pick John Kasich. There's a reason John Huntsman came in dead last in 2012.
>>
>>73010524
For some reason I had a dream last night that Trump picked Megyn Kelly for his VP
>>
I love Huntsman and he was one of the first GOP guys to say he was open to Trump. The only problem is, he's so talented he'd be kinda wasted in the VP spot. He'd also be a great SoS, and Utah isn't really at risk of going blue this year (is it?).
>>
>>73012658
This. Trump Webb >>>> Trump Huntsman
>>
>>73015728
fair enough, but i dont think trump needs an extreme VP pick he needs a safe one
>>
>>73010524
I liked Huntsman, but I get the feeling I was the only one here
>>
It would really cement the crushing flow of non-Whites Trump will bring into the United States after duping all of his dumb ass supporters into thinking he was going to do something about immigration.
>>
Huntsman would be about as good of a white male choice that you could make. I still think that a Hispanic Female would be a Hillary slayer.
>>
>>73010729
>EDIT: I forgot to mention that I think a woman/minority pick will be seen as pandering too much.

This is true

I would also like to add that I dont want to give some leftist reason to "displace" Trump so his meme VP becomes the "First XXXX President"
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.