[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the nazis invade norway in ww2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Waffen-SS-Kampfgrupee.jpg (120 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
Waffen-SS-Kampfgrupee.jpg
120 KB, 1024x640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFQsK48uEgY
>>
File: raederlrg.jpg (188 KB, 1181x832) Image search: [Google]
raederlrg.jpg
188 KB, 1181x832
why????
>>
>>73003267
Because we have a large amount of iron, and we had tungtvann. An ingredient to make nuclear bombs. Our politician Quisling invited Hitler and our police gave the nazis a list of jew names and where they lived. Our coast line towards england was a big advantage too.
>>
File: Scharnhorst.jpg (299 KB, 1450x1020) Image search: [Google]
Scharnhorst.jpg
299 KB, 1450x1020
?????????????????????
?????????????????????

?????????????????????
>>
File: 1460689998378.png (187 KB, 1088x998) Image search: [Google]
1460689998378.png
187 KB, 1088x998
>>73003267
Strategic location and proximity to their ally Finland, and their enemy Britain.
>>
>>73003720
but they didn't ally with finland until '41
>>
Nazis wanted all of Europe. Norway was a weak European country, with lots of hot chicks, so Nazis conquered them. Also gave the German navy naval bases from which to launch attacks on convoys going to Russia.
>>
>>73003267
they invaded to prevent the british from invading and using norway against germany
>>
>>73003669
They wanted the port of narvik to ensure their supply of swedish iron.
>>
>>73003991
From what I've read, the nazis were nice to our women and men compared to the english. They were described as useless warriors that only wanted to rape. Not that weird now that you think about it. The englishmen are almost as ugly as niggers.
>>
Because the british were about too and they needed their resources
>>
>>73004191
We have more iron in mo i rana than sweden has. Are you sure?
>>
>>73003267
they needed swedish iron shipped out of the icefree port of narvik during winter.
norway produced shitload of high grade aluminium.
germany feared churchill would invade norway.
lots of ports to the north atlantic,
close proximity to archangelsk, russias only icefree port to the atlantic.
to name a few
>>
>>73004326
I remember reading that in hitler's table talk years ago. I don't remember it well enough, so here's wikipedia instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_iron-ore_mining_during_World_War_II
>>
>>73004478
I just read about our iron mines in mo i rana. The germans and norwegians had no clue at the time about the massive amounts of iron there. I wish he had tho.
>>
>>73004326
ironworks in mo i rana wasnt developed properly before after the war.
sweden was allready supplying them with iron through the baltic in the summer.
>>
>>73004748
Yeah, I just found out. The germans would have had a massive advantage if they bet on that instead of Kiruna.
>>
>>73004698
They really needed coal more than iron desu.
>>
>>73003267
i think they had, like, shipping ports, or something strategery?
oh, and something about all that water getting heavy.
>>
To invade Russia from north.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.