[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one good reason it should be illegal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 26
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 493x335
Give me one good reason it should be illegal
>>
turns people into degenerate lazy faggots
>>
>>72992427
Long term developmental damage and it impedes your dopamine receptors turning you into a zombie after awhile.
>>
>>72992427
Not to mention that it has more tar than cigarettes
>>
>>72992543
>>72992543
I'm sorry but at what point does that stop being their choice? Should every choice be utilitarian for society? Are people not allowed a vice? Do you extend this to alcohol or greasy cheeseburgers or cigarettes?
>>
>>72992427
if you want it so bad move to colorado
>>
>>72992570
Citation?
>>
>>72992831
Yes, actually. Being a drunk, a fatass, and a smoker are all degenerate.
>>
>>72992570
>implying it should be legal to under-18s
>>
>>72992570
Same with alchol
>>
>>72992427
People will see how stupid it is to really use and will pass over it, at least that's what I want to believe
>>
>>72992831
yep, i'd be down to ban our degeneracies too
>>
>>72992868
http://m.pnas.org/content/111/30/E3149

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2015/11/marijuana-brain.aspx
>>
>>72992905
Ok. At least you're ideologically consistent even if you're still dumb.
>>
>>72993043
I didn't say it was different
>>
>>72993133
>you're dumb if I disagree with you

How liberal of you.
>>
Because degeneracy.
>>
>>72992427
DUDE
>>
>>72992905
Do you think there's people who can't enjoy those things without becoming addicted to them? That's an insult to the majority of the population. I guess we should we should ban every pleasurable thing in the world then under your logic.
>>
>>72992427
IT MAKES YOU STUPID
>>
It make people happy OP, and if you have happy people you don't have the have nots to feed your society.
>>
File: bad ass.jpg (7 KB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
bad ass.jpg
7 KB, 200x195
smoking now, ask a degenerate anything
>>
>>72993321
>it's okay to be objectively unhealthy as long as you enjoy it

Nice meme, Ahmed.
>>
File: Dfhgeshgeg.png (346 KB, 727x653) Image search: [Google]
Dfhgeshgeg.png
346 KB, 727x653
>>72993287

not an argument
>>
>>72992543
>>72992570
>>72992618
So what makes you think the government has the authority to tell me what I can and can't grow in my own home
>>
>>72992831
Sounds good to me when you're degeneracy interferes with others they shouldn't be allowed to do it
>>
>>72992427
When it comes to drugs I side with the liberals. Conservatives tend to look at drugs in a black and white matter when in reality they are in different tiers

Most common drugs it goes

marijuana/alcohol

Lsd/mdma

coke/heroin/crack

There are many others but based on my limited use of drugs that is what comes to mind. Anyone who gets buttmad over alcohol/marijuana use is a dumb faggot though
>>
>>72993606
The same way they tell you that you can't fuck a 12 year old or make a full auto firearm: you can, but you're going to get buttfucked if you're caught.
>>
>>72992427
Look at your average potsmoker and you will see why i can't fucking stand these people.
>>
>>72992427
It shouldn't.
War on drugs is a failure just like war on alcohol.

You can buy weed from a 16 year old in any city in America. Everyone has tried it. It being illegal doesn't stop it.
This idea that making it legal will turn people into degenerate smokers is retarded. It's already everywhere regardless of it's legality.

It's the same retarded argument people use to get rid of legal gun ownership.
>>
>>72993732
What does that mean? That doesn't address the fact the State has no authority telling me what to do on my property
>>
"bad" reason here

in my state, if you get caught with it or caught driving while under the influence of it, police will just let you go unless you're a nigger or a shady-looking spic. if legalized, police will crack down and give DUIs like alcohol. technically, they have all the power to do so right now, but they are very lenient and will look the other way. a lot of the times, the cops will even give you back your weed and tell you to smoke it at home or take it to another city
>>
>>72993259
What do you do with the law-breakers? And don't you think that making these vices illegal only serves to push the market underground? Of course in a perfect world people would simply choose not to drink/smoke or eat like shit, but that isn't the reality of the situation. The biggest problem with marijuana prohibition is that it solve nothing, but gives us a whole plethora of problems like our inflated narcotic units, private prison systems, and the criminal records it creates that ironically make it almost impossible for "lazy stoners" to get a job.

Think about it this way; the drugs are here, and people do them. How we handle this issue needs to be proportionate. Accurate information and public awareness will do more to curb drug use than prohibition. The current system of prohibition and imprisonment is not proportionate and solves no problems at all.
>>
>>72993932
Because as a citizen of the US you are subject to her laws. Nothing stops you from doing something on your property, but if it's illegal and you get caught, expect consequences.
>>
>>72993079
It's not stupid to use weed, in fact it's the opposite as it allows you to think about things with a different perspective and piece things together in incredible ways that isn't possible when you're not high... the very reason why people like Carl Sagan used it. What is stupid however is using it often, because of the obvious side effects and health consequences. I thought you people consider yourself red pilled.. yet most of you just seem to buy into whatever the government want you to believe about the big bad devil drug.
>>
>>72993454
please throw out your pc as it is unhealthy Mohammed
>>
>>72993961
Personally, all post smokers need to be gassed.
>>
>>72992427
It's better your brain is on weed than on the issues of the world.

At least that's the logic behind all agendas for control.
>>
>>72994169
Computers aren't unhealthy. How you use your time with it can be. Not an argument.
>>
>>72994171
edgy
>>
>>72994098
That wasnt what OP was asking. OP asked why it should be illegal. Saying "because you live in America" is not an argument. Try again
>>
>>72992427
Because the "cannabiz" is the most corrupt and retarded enterprise on earth and legitimizing these people will destroy cottage industries that rely on nugs. Or not. But the laws are already set up so that those with capital are allowed to make more money legally while those without only get more laws piled against them.

Legal isn't legal, it's only legal for those with connections to politicians. For everyone else it's more illegal. Plus the state police now have your name since they get access to the database of "legal" users, just like you're some sort of opioid baron.
>>
>>72993454
Ugh yeah of course it is, if people want to be unhealthy that's their choice. But you can smoke weed sparingly and still be healthy you fool.
>>
Niggers.
>>
>>72994269
>"gas the Jews" isn't edgy
>"gas degenerate pot smokers" is

Found the stoner
>>
literally no good reason. If I want to smoke I will do it no matter what. Just a waste of money and resources.
>>
Perminantly lowers IQ
Reduces motivation
No filter, therefore much more likely to get lung cancer from smoking weed than from smoking a cigarette
>>
File: 1461852849143.jpg (123 KB, 550x516) Image search: [Google]
1461852849143.jpg
123 KB, 550x516
>>72992427

So i dont have to pay $29.99 for a dime you fucking retard. Fuck taxes. Fuck the government. Fuck you.
>>
>>72994359
It isn't okay for people to willingly be unhealthy when taxes pay for the services to keep them alive. You want to eat burgers till you die? Go ahead, but don't waste my tax dollars going to the hospital or getting welfare because your fatass can't work.

>>72994326
I wasn't answering the OP, I was answering you.
>>
>>72992427
It's a gateway drug, it can influence your motor skills, smoke still got them carcinogens.
Really marijuana smokers are just fucking lying to themselves, It's wrong to do this shit.
>>
>>72994228
>how can you be worried about x when y is happening!
People are having their lives ruined for no good fucking reason, and the profits of marijuana sales in black markets only serves to weaken and destroy neighborhoods. It's a big issue
>>
>>72994603
The price of weed has plummeted.. it's $10 a gram in dispensaries. That used to only be a friend price, and the shit in dispensaries is as good or better than anything you'd buy on the street.
>>
>>72994645
So let me ask you again, under what moral authority does the state possess that grants them the permission to jail me for smoking a flower.
>>
>>72994837
At first I thought the gateway drug thing was just fear inferring, but it really is true.
All of my friends that have smoked weed eventually went on to do acid, schrooms, etc.
It's weird and terrible to watch it happen to your own friends.
>>
>>72992427
hurts jewish pharma profits
>>
>>72995116
*fearmongering
Fucking Apple shit
>>
>>72994645
Yes it is, it isn't their fault how the laws are structured. If people want to eat themselves to death they have the right to do it but they will be ones dealing with the real consequences. And you say this yet you probably sit on your ass day yourself and don't do any cardio. Just because you don't eat like a pig or smoke doesn't mean you're healthy.
>>
>>72992427
Why should anything be illegal?
>>
>>72995116
>acid, shrooms
Having been on both I can tell you that your idea about these drugs is grossly misinformed
>>
>>72995295
To protect the rights of others.
>>
>>72995116
That's called being a teenager.
This isn't something new. People are going to do it whether it's legal or not.

it's only a 'gateway' drug because it's cheap, everywhere, and it's effects are weak in comparison to other drugs.

That's like saying a bicycle is a gateway to motorcycles, no shit.
>>
File: 1461089999972.jpg (34 KB, 450x681) Image search: [Google]
1461089999972.jpg
34 KB, 450x681
>>72995695
Okay, so since marijuana is a gateway drug, we should try to remove it from the populace or at least limit its spread to stop further drug use.
>>
>>72995272
>projecting hard

I actually workout frequently, count calories, and avoid all junk food, but nice try.
>>
>>72992618
>rattlesneks have weaker venom than pit vipers
>>
>>72996080
So you no-one has the right to do anything unhealthy to their bodies because you don't. Gotcha.
>>
File: 1458826978663.png (78 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1458826978663.png
78 KB, 249x250
>>72992427
Because allowing the government to make a plant illegal is stupid and an abuse of power. Whether you want to smoke it or not is irrelevant. Making a plant illegal because you CAN smoke it does not mean it should be illegal.
>>
>VICTIMLESS CRIME MANNNN
It is not a victimless crime because the nation itself becomes the victim whenever a participant of the nation refuses to acknowledge his/her ultimate potential, just like the body as a whole suffers from a bleeding gash in the hand. Marijuana inhibits the realization of potential.

>ITS GOOD FOR YOU
No it isn't, it kills brain cells and promotes inactivity. While it does have very very specific medical benefits, it shouldn't be available to the public at large.

>ALCOHOL IS WORSE AND LEGAL
Alcohol should be illegal too.

>IT'S MY CHOICE
If you choose to irreversibly kill brain cells in the name of temporary relaxation then you do not understand deferred gratification and should not be making decisions for yourself in the first place.

I work from home so I'll sit here and argue all day if you want.
>>
>toxic, both literally and hypothetically
>those who smoke it will fuck themselves up so that if they meet anyone else who isn't a smoker, they will try to drag and degrade them to their level
>the whole DUDE WEED LMAO thing
>>
>>72996502
The only evidence that it kills brain cells is in long term smokers of heavy use. You think if you smoked a joint you would kill brain cells? Lmao
>>
>>72996502
But what if I choose not to live to my "potential"? It's my decision, and the state cannot tell me otherwise. It's a simple concept my friend
>>
>>72996502
>it's bad for the nations health
so are thousands of other things we ingest daily. if pot is illegal, so should all of those things. you can't pick and choose, all or nothing.
>it hurts your drain
so does many other legal things.
>alcohol should be illegal too
I agree brother, praise Allah
>you don't get to make your own choices if I don't think you are making the right choices
I agree, fascism is pretty sweet just ask germany

your arguments are trash, the type an autistic control freak would make
>>
>Give me one good reason it should be illegal
Because I make more money that way
>>
>>72996502
>it kills brain cells
President Reagan, is that you? I thought you were dead.
>>
>>72993728
u forget shrooms in tier 2
>>
>>72992427
It's up to states to decide if marijuana should be legal or not.
>>
>>72995969
Which is impossible. They've been trying to do that for 50 years and yet I can walk down any street in America and buy it.

But, let's assume it's possible. Then people will just use something else.
Pain killers, alcohol, benzos, salvia, huffing, it never ends.
People will always be altering their perception with the use of drugs.
From the beginning of human history till the end.

And further on the gateway theory. I think the whole premise is flawed. Weed is just the first and easiest thing to get a hold of, plus it's socially accepted. Not everyone who rides a bike, and finds it enjoyable, ever has the desire to ride a motorcycle. Not everyone who smokes weed, and enjoys it, ever has the desire to eat shrooms. The people that do are going to do it anyway whether weed or bicycles existed in the first place. It's a flawed statistic.

>100% of drunk drivers started on a bicycle in their youth
shocking statistics!
>>
>>72992427

The eventual commercializing and regulatory policies needed to keep you "safe" and keep the little pot grower down.

>paying more than 10$ for dank.
>>
>>72995116

Marijuana doesn't inspire the desire to try other drugs, but it IS a gateway drug in that its use puts one into contact with certain circles that provide access to other drugs, an access that would not have existed if not for the initial marijuana use. A sober person may be curious about some other drug, but because they have no access, their temporary curiosity will pass by unacknowledged and the curious person will move on undamaged, whereas the curiosity of a marijuana user is much more easily acknowledged due to access. The gateway effect isn't even that bad but it does exist.

>>72996897
We're discussing marijuana which is why I am discussing marijuana, I didn't address the dangers of other vices because we are not discussing other vices. You seem confused.

>>72996888
If that's your opinion then the state should be able to remove you from the environment for being a detriment.

>>72996869
One cheeseburger will not give you diabetes either, but that doesn't make McDonald's healthy. You're putting words into my mouth familio.

>>72997129
I'm also okay with this if all else fails.
>>
File: 1461719150651.jpg (32 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1461719150651.jpg
32 KB, 399x388
>>72992427
DUDE
>>
I can give you 50 reasons why it turns you into a lazy degenerative shit but that doesn't mean it should be illegal.
>>
>>72997439
Hmm. So the state should be able to kill me for my beliefs? Interesting argument, edgelord
>>
>>72997439
>We're discussing marijuana which is why I am discussing marijuana, I didn't address the dangers of other vices because we are not discussing other vices.
there are no real dangers in pot, not when compared to other substances. like stuff injected into our food, or some foods all by themselves
clearly you did not understand why pot was compared with other things, because you are autistic

enjoy being a wrong and autistic for the rest of your life
>>
>>72997439
Of course McDonald's isnt healthy, but it also isn't illegal. Saying something should be made illegal because of the consequences which can occur from people who abuse it is ridiculous. People can become addicted to and abuse a ton of stuff, even stuff much worse than weed, that is legal.
>>
File: 1443487497987.png (157 KB, 560x400) Image search: [Google]
1443487497987.png
157 KB, 560x400
>>72996829
>>72996502
>>72995116
>>72993454
>>72992543
Spotted the delusional christfags that are able to have opinions on things without ever having experienced them.

I'll bet $100 you faggots aren't even atheist.
>>
>>72996829
Sounds like guns.
>>
File: youtube.png (121 KB, 293x275) Image search: [Google]
youtube.png
121 KB, 293x275
>>72992427
because it's degenerate
>>
File: 1434329592978s.jpg (5 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1434329592978s.jpg
5 KB, 125x124
>>72996888
You go dude! Follow your dream of being a worthless member of society and live as a parasite undergoing a self indulgent lifestyle for your whole life!
>>
>>72997555
I didn't say kill, I said remove. That could just mean deport, but it is interesting that your mind instantly jumped to the most violent interpretation possible. Good job.

>>72997694
>not compared to other substances
Would you let me stick my dick in your ear since it isn't as harsh as rape in comparison? I'm on my way. "Autistic and wrong" is not an argument.

>>72997720
Again, the legality of worse things does not suddenly remove the negative effects of marijuana.

>>72997758
Who says that any of us haven't experienced marijuana? Everybody smoked marijuana in high school.
>>
>>72997272
>Which is impossible.
We can still try
>yet I can walk down any street in America and buy it.
I doubt this, Marijuanas inability to be sold in public legally obviously limits its spread.
>But, let's assume it's possible. Then people will just use something else.
>People will always be altering their perception with the use of drugs.
Okay, still I believe we should limit access to drugs.
>And further on the gateway theory. I think the whole premise is flawed. Weed is just the first and easiest thing to get a hold of
So it is a gateway drug.
>plus it's socially accepted
no
>Not everyone who rides a bike, and finds it enjoyable, ever has the desire to ride a motorcycle. Not everyone who smokes weed, and enjoys it, ever has the desire to eat shrooms.
False equivalence

The rest of the post is just assumptions.
Limiting drugs can save lives my man.
>>
>>72998100
Will do man. And I'll be sure to spend all of your hard earned money without regret :^)
>>
>>72992543
I've smoked since my early teens and am a very productive member of society. I'm pretty sure that meme is perpetuated by lazy faggots being attracted to weed, not weed turning people into lazy faggots.
>>
I swear anti-weeders are like autistic fedora tippers with no friends that have never smoked a bowl before.
It's fucking normal to use drugs growing up.

I haven't smoked weed since I was like 17 and I hate stoner culture, but.. If you drink beer with your friends you aren't going to become an alcoholic heroin addict. It's such a stupid fucking argument.

I wonder if it's trolling or if people actually think this way.

If you take away weed and alcohol you're just going to create a fucking canned air huffer.
>>
>>72998236
If my money goes to you living in a brainfog hell and killing yourself with drugs so be it.
>>
Turns people into fucking lazy bastards and think smoking it cures cancer. They're fucking morons and think the plant is life and defend it like its some religious relic
>>
>>72998170
Remove, kill, you're still removing me from my home without a valid reason. I couldn't give a fuck less about the "greater good", commie.
>>
Illegal what. Selling or consuming?
Selling should be banned.
>>
>Why do you need a gun?
>Why do you need a gram of weed?
>>
>>72998170
You don't get high the first time you smoke, fagboy
>>
>>72997694
You are calling someone autistic , yet you are being an autistoc pot smoking faggot.
> pew pew mememe arrowes
>>
>>72998170
>Would you let me stick my dick in your ear since it isn't as harsh as rape in comparison?
not a valid comparison. weed is something the individual does alone, to them self. once again you prove how autistic, wrong, and stupid you are.
pot is not dangerous at all on the grand scale of all substances a human can ingest without dying immediately. if you stand for banning pot, there are thousands, if not millions, other substances you must also ban. many of which are pretty damn vital to how the world gets by.

saying "I don't like it and it isn't that healthy for you" isn't an argument either. no one cares what some dumb autistic does or doesn't like, and by seeing how popular fast food, alcohol, tobacco, glue, paint, paint thinner, and various prescription drugs are, people obviously also don't care about being healthy or getting rid of things that aren't perfectly healthy for humans.

you are wrong, accept your fate autismo
>>
File: 1461616845633.png (247 KB, 432x313) Image search: [Google]
1461616845633.png
247 KB, 432x313
>genesis literally says god gave us every plant with seed to whatever the fuck we want with
>weed is a seed plant
>everyone who is against weed is a chirstfag

On the real weed does make the time pass super quick

its good for making time pass really fast
>>
>>72995111
Ooo. Ooo. I know! Pick me!

Because as it currently stands, society is forced to subsidize you when you become a lazy, dependent, degenerate. We live in an ever-expanding welfare state, so "your choice" actually effects everyone.

And that's not even mentioning how these failed abortions become incredibly liberal voters after they've failed at life. There goes even more of my money and more of my personal liberties.
>>
>>72996502
>participant of the nation refuses to acknowledge his/her ultimate potential
So you're being a whiny little bitch because you want to profit from my work? Communist faggot
>>
>>72998581
lmao you aren't even a real country how do you have internet?
>>
I'm for medicinal cannabis (pain management in palliative care, etc)
I see no reason why it should be legal for recreational purposes though, especially when the majority who smoke it are dreadlock negrophiliac lefist shitheads
>>
File: thefuture.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
thefuture.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>72996502
>alcohol should be illegal too

You should move to Saudi Arabia. I think many folks over there share this, and other "valuable" opinions. Prohibition may have been a blasted failure in the United States, but surely it must be working out for sand dwellers much better.

That being said, cannabis is not the saintly substance that it seems. I do like it, but I understand there's a cost that comes with it. Slowly lowering your IQ, a loss of motivation, and I truly believe it can be addicting. I'm not acting like it's harmless. But like many substances, pleasure comes with a price, and I can accept that.

But at the end of the day, if people want to fuck themselves up, let them. As long as it doesn't jeopardize your own rights, don't be a cunt.
>>
>>72998681
*affects
>>
>>72998170
No it doesn't, but the long term "negative effects" of weed only occur in those who abuse it for a long period of time. To say that weed should be illegal because of the health effects from those who abuse it doesnt make any sense because people can abuse anything.
>>
>>72998681
I've literally never met a pot smoker who depends on government welfare. Please stop with the baseless assumptions.
>>
so I can profit from it on the black market
>>
File: +.png (356 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
+.png
356 KB, 572x380
>>72993110
>http://www.apa.org/monitor/2015/11/marijuana-brain.aspx
>AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
Nice try faggot, get a pubmed link next time kiddo.
>>
>>72998848
>I've
Consider that there are plenty of pot spokers other than yourself.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>72998957
Of course, but consider that the vast majority of regular pot smokers are normal people just like you!
>>
>>72992427
If it's illegal, niggers will kill eachother over it. Having less niggers outweighs some faggoty nu-hippy complaining about muh liberties
>>
>>72996502
>Alcohol should be illegal too.

Don't know it troll, but I think distilled beverages up a certain percentage of abv should be heavily regulated
>>
>>72992543
First post best post.
>>
>>72998231
Of course you can try, they've been trying since the beginning of government.

I don't think it's a gateway drug, I'm proof that it isn't.
A large amount of people don't even like it. The idea that it's a gateway drug is just supported by obvious and misleading statistics.

It's not a false equivalence, lol. Obviously you don't know what that is, but anyway..
It's an analogy. And it highlights why 'gateway drug' is a misnomer.
>>
I had quitted and I don't recommend to anyone smoking weed. It inhibit you too much especially if you smoke regularly.
>>
File: Smug kent.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
Smug kent.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>72998170
>Everybody smoked marijuana in high school.
Not me friend.
>>
>>72998848
above was a joke.
But many many years ago when anon was not so old he moved some hashish and weeds.

It's sad when you know you leave with all the money someone in the system have to actually live for for a month(actually food+pocket mony, not much)....

Again.. it's also his only chance to get to fucking smoke and maybe make some few more shekels on the side.

Still tragic, had a few such examples. Most worked ofc, and tried to stay away from all org crime and act as normies, stick to normies and a discrete dealer

>we live in exiting times, this is something you will be telling your grand kids about
>the prohibition and all the violence and corruption
>>
File: 1459735046723.gif (2 MB, 225x168) Image search: [Google]
1459735046723.gif
2 MB, 225x168
>>72999083
But if weed becomes legal, niggers can then worry about fighting over real shit, like cocaine.
>>
>>72994528
>perminantly lowers IQ
>perminantly

it has not been found to cause any permanent damage, but I'm sure there's no arguing with geniuses like you
>>
>>72999041
The few pot smokers I've met have been welfare-tier, so again:
>your milage may vary
It's not secret that DUDE WEED decreases one's motivation substantially and thereby carries a greater likelihood of leading to welfare or stagnation.

Anyone who has blazed it (including yourself) can attest to the demotivating effects. I've also never met a Republican who supported DUDE WEED either.
>>
>>72998449

I already gave you a valid reason, you're a active detriment to the rest of us and to the nation at large. Not acknowledging the greater good is what has spawned a generation of hedonistic degenerates, and you don't need communism to work toward the greater good, if that was the case then altruism would only exist in communistic nations which is the opposite of true. I guess you can stay woke senpai, but you're a drain at the end of the day.

>>72998569
What are you talking about? What are you referencing? I never said otherwise and I can't understand what you mean to invalidate with this.

>>72998658
I can tell that you don't have a family or anybody that depends on you or else you wouldn't say that "it only affects the user." It effects the user, his family, his community, and his nation. Again, the existence of other dangerous things does not make marijuana any less harmful.

You're saying that marijuana is acceptable because it is popular? We shouldn't care about the harmful effects because nobody else does? We should accept a total social and biological detriment because people don't want to be healthy?

>>72998719
Not wanting to carry you through your shallow hedonistic life is not the same as wanting to profit from you.

>>72998737
I thought about it but after some careful research I discovered that it was full of filthy Arabs.

>>72998832
"People can abuse anything" is probably the most valid argument that I run into discussing marijuana, but when the abuse of something is being actively embraced and encouraged by the culture then it at least needs to be addressed.

>>72999105
If we don't illegalize alcohol then we should at least drastically increase penalties for adults who's children are caught with alcohol. It has become very relaxed and children do not understand moderation, and most of the time they either steal from parents or get it from them outright.

>>72999255
Good for you, not being sarcastic.
>>
>>72999437
>>72999041
Studies strongly corroborate this fact:
>https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-school-work-social-life
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3867578/

See:
>nearly all patterns of cannabis use are significantly associated with worse labor market outcomes (p<.05)
>>
>>72998449
> I couldn't give a fuck less about the "greater good"

And that's EXACTLY the reason why you should be "removed".
>>
>>72999675
individual rights vastly out way society and what is good for it. it's obvious you are a nazi tier retard who would be okay with subjugating people mercilessly so long as it was for the "greater good". if people choose to smoke pot, so be it. so be all the consequences that come with it. I'd rather be free and dying than caged and healthy.
>Again, the existence of other dangerous things does not make marijuana any less harmful.
of course not, but it puts it into perspective. a stubbed toe isn't so bad when compared to a beheading. obviously a stubbed toe still hurts, but not that much you asinine autistic retard.

>You're saying that marijuana is acceptable because it is popular?
literally brought out of nowhere. fuck off with this shit you retard, stay on point or be quiet.
>>
>>72999675
>I can tell that you don't have a family or anybody that depends on you or else you wouldn't say that "it only affects the user."

That right there is a key statement.
>>
Why people want to make weed legal ?

Its fine how it is , you gotta smoke it in a hidden place so the effects dont bother anyone

you can grow it or buy it anyways
>>
>>72999829
>>72999675
And this is where I end the debate, I agree with the premise that tax dollars shouldn't be wasted on drug addicts. But you should realize that more tax money is spent on the war on drugs than funding weed addicts ever would(weed addicts are quite rare). If you are perfectly fine with me being disturbed when I've done nothing wrong, I can't argue against that insane ideal.
>>
>>73000487
>That right there is a key statement.
a baseless assumption only made so the poster could seem in the right is a key statement?
maybe if you like SJW tactics, sure.
>>
just to spite liberals
>>
>>73000517

From someone who doesn't smoke and actually hates it, and wants it legalized

One big side is that, when you legalize it, people are going to be getting it legally through stores as opposed to shifty fucking drug rings. Turns out the people who are the most against legalizing marijuana are the people in gangs and drug rings who profit off that shit.

Weed makes you a lazy shitsack, sure. But it's far from dangerous.
>>
>>73000557
>weed addicts are quite rare

http://coleman-pediatrics.com/marijuana_article.pdf

Marijuana addiction exists in
>9% of users overall
>17% of those who begin in adolescence
>25% to 50% of those who 420blazeit every day

>>73000428
>you're wrong because you sound like a nazi
Okay dude.

>it puts it into perspective
The issue doesn't need to be perspective, you are trying to say the the lesser of two evils is not evil at all. A stubbed toe still hurts, marijuana is still a detriment.

>literally brought out of nowhere
"no one cares what some dumb autistic does or doesn't like... people obviously also don't care about being healthy or getting rid of things that aren't perfectly healthy for humans."
>>
>>73000624
Most people take the love and care they get from their loved ones for granted, and sometimes they forget that everything they do has consequences.

People close to you will notice the changes in your behaviour, and they might not be pleased, but of course, they won't tell you, because they don't want to hurt you.

People should really stop being so self centred and think a bit more about others.
>>
>>73001298
Consumption daily =/= addiction

Please address my other points
>>
>>73001419
Great, now I sound like a fucking liberal.
>>
File: Profile pic.jpg (73 KB, 843x960) Image search: [Google]
Profile pic.jpg
73 KB, 843x960
Been around weed enough to know that yes... it does spawn degeneracy.
I don't know enough about the dopamine blocking eventuality but people who smoke weed get lazy because the shit is fun to be high on.

You get pretty lethargic depending on the individuality of us. But I'd argue that T.V. and videogames and other shit do the same exact things. Most people don't use their disposable income for being out and social and active...

They waste it on time wasters and unhealthy habits. Basically life is boring so keep smoking which is pretty fun especially with other time wasting activities so why not keep it up to keep the fun times rolling. Eventually not being high is kind of just.. eh.
>>
>>72999715
>Association fallacy
Should we start arguing about the chicken or the egg also?
>>
>>72992543
From what I've seen, yep.
>>
>>73000624
>Consumption daily =/= addiction

Did you read the study? Even the fact that only 25 to 50 percent of daily users are classified as addicts (which you didn't need to read the study to discover) shows that. If you aren't going to read the study then at least read the post you're responding to.
>>
>>73001087
i find weed can be really dangerous , like you can smoke a joint and go for drive
doctors smoking weed before important shit
any important job can be fucked up with weed

People shouldnt be able to get retarded in public

i know alcohol is the same shit but we need another legal drug?

also people still dont know if weed is really bad for your brain or not
>>
>>73001564
with all the bad shit out there like fast food or alcohol is retarded to hold on weed
>>
>>73001461
Daily consumption might not mean addiction in every case, but even the lower end, 25% is a bit too much, isn't it?
>>
>>73001298
>I'm right because
okay nazi.
>you are trying to say the the lesser of two evils is not evil at all.
not at all you fucking retard. miss the bit where I said a stubbed toe still (STILL, as in it's still painful you fuck tard) hurts? pot is dangerous, so is a million other legal things people ingest daily. below a certain threshold of danger, danger becomes irrelevant. you don't sit around all day worrying about a blast of radiation from the sun killing us all do you? nope, because the chances of it are slim, thus making it pretty much irrelevant. or maybe you do worry about that, like the autistic loser you are.
>"no one cares what some dumb autistic does or doesn't like... people obviously also don't care about being healthy or getting rid of things that aren't perfectly healthy for humans."
that doesn't in any way mean "it's popular so it's cool" it means no one fucking cares what your opinions are, you autistic loser. it also means people don't care about being perfectly healthy.

literally, seriously, learn to read fucko.

>>73001748
>Did you read the study?
what study? either you replied to the wrong person or you don't know what this particular comment chain is talking about.
>>
>>73001813
theres this thing called responsibility. If you have no control than you deserve whats coming.
>>
>>73001748
Even if they were "addicted" that does not mean they are on government benefits.
but let's say all 50% are on government benefits, that still doesn't circumvent the fact that the war on drugs is more expensive than allowing them to consume welfare. You're hanging on a thread, kid.
>>
Is a man not entitled to the freedom to put what they want into their body? It is their choice.
>>
>>73001813
I agree with you that marijuana can do this, and there are dangers to it, but I don't find legalization to be a factor with this.

Statistically if you look at states like colorado that have legalized weed, there's not been any sort of rise in traffic fatalities. (actually, traffic fatalities went down but I doubt that's related.)
the assholes who abuse marijuana are almost all people who would still use it illegally.

Also what most states have been doing is using tax dollars from marijuana sales for programs on education of the drug, which has seen some pretty good results.
>>
>>72992427

Alcohol companies would go bankrupt and since anglos are all alcoholics, probably not the best thing.
>>
>>72992427
So you can start businesses.
>>
>>73001813
Also I don't know how I forgot to mention this but a huge reason for me on why I support legalization while disliking the drug personally is because of crime reasons.

I don't think you should be locked up for possession of a small amount of a mostly harmless drug. It costs tax payers, floods our already crowded prisons with people who honestly shouldn't be called criminals, punishes people far more severely then i feel they deserve to be, and often ends up ruining their lives a lot worse than the actual drug itself.

The whole "war on drugs" is a really bad mess and an awful way to handle drug problems
>>
>>73002141
I've seen some pro-immigration groups using the same logic here, in Hungary.

They were saying that letting those "refugees" in would cost only 17 HUF/taxpayer (less than 0.1$), while building the fences and maintaining border patrols would be around 5000HUF (~20$)

If I had a choice, I would gladly pay for the borders, and the war on drugs is no different.

The vast majority of people are too irresponsible to be trusted with a substance like this.
>>
It should be illegal cus it's degenerate! I never had any friends in high-school and all the people that had fun usually toked. I'm pretty much a social outcast that talks like a grandpa and get butthurt whenever people are doing something i don't like. It should be banned because I'm better than those who choose to have fun, because fun is degenerate and I'm a loser!
>>
>>73001991
>>73002332
now i think about it , yeah weed have been all the time with society , making it legal would be exactly the same thing.

it would be cheaper

fuck i agree, weed must be legal!
>>
Korea would prefer not to destress with rage inducing substance anymore

bring the leaf here
>>
>>73002909
now i think big companies want weed to be illegal because that will decrease the sells of medications for pains and shit

fucking jews
>>
File: 92060500_1184170138.jpg (13 KB, 216x288) Image search: [Google]
92060500_1184170138.jpg
13 KB, 216x288
>>73003164
ah cool a stoner thread where everyone pretends to be straight edge
>>
I just don't wanna hear niggers at school talking how much fucking weed they have or when Jamal and Tyrone were getting high last week reminiscing about not having a dad. Niggersspics, stoners, and faggot middle class white kids are annoying with that shit
>>
it's haram
>>
>>73003164
Most big companies have enough assets to quickly start a weed-producing branch in a very short time, were it legalized.

And since they already have a big name in the pharmaceutical field with many connections and contracts, they wouldn't have any problems with advertising and distributing it either.

If they're smart, they could really profit from it, so they probably have another reason for keeping it illegal.
>>
>>72992427
Easy:
It's haram
>>
>>73003592

You guys are faggots who are on your high-horse acting like you're perfect. It's more annoying hearing you faggots whine like old women about a plant. M-muh degeneracy.

Fucking go back to /r9k/ you lonely bitter faggots.
>>
>>73003764
ya it's haram I don't smoke the devils lettuce
>>
>>73003897
Go smoke some weed Tyler, it'll calm you down
>>
File: pepe with sniper.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
pepe with sniper.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>72992427
Stoners do nothing but consume.

They give off the vibe that it promotes nonviolence and peace when in reality it only makes you dumber than a box of rocks so you wouldn't even be willing (or mentally capable )to attempt any of that in the first place.

The worst part is the culture. You can go on all day about how stoners keep to themselves but everyone knows that couldn't be farther from the truth. I cannot tell you how many times growing up I have seen this stupid shit influence everything in the media, and now it's taking its toll in politics. Just the other day I was talking to one of my friends I hadn't seen in a while about how I was growing vegetables in my garden, and his first response was "DUDE YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GROW WEED LMAO"

Not to mention how much they take over and pull people into their peachy fantasy of lethargy, creating their own zombie apocalypse.

My only hope is that the eventual supply will lower the demand and the fad will die out without taking society down with it.

>inb4 butthurt stoners can't rub enough brain cells together to form a rational response other than "y-you're just mad no one offered you any in high school!"
>>
>>73003897
I still can't fathom why would anyone need to use drugs.

Some people probably try it due to the pressure from their friends around them, but the rest...

I'd really like to hear a few arguments besides "it helps you relax", because there are a million and two other ways for people to relax.
>>
>>72994376
Gassing any group is "edgy" faggot
>>
it's haram none of u guys should support the devils lettuce because Christ is watching
>>
>>72992427
>>72992427
so we can keep putting niggers in jail tbqh
>>
>>73004596

People have always used substances, it's human nature.

Why does anyone need an argument other than that they enjoy it?

If it doesn't get in the way of your responsibilities then how is it a problem?

There's tons of faggots here that say it makes you lazy but it was just them being irresponsible and then blaming the plant for their own failures.
>>
>>73004451
Kek

I've recently started to grow some paprika (with 1.5 million SHU, almost pepper-spray-tier), and there was a guy who told me the same thing.

Probably he was just joking, since weed is not as widespread in Eastern Europe, as it is in the West. (at least not yet)
>>
File: 1459615133040.png (115 KB, 292x241) Image search: [Google]
1459615133040.png
115 KB, 292x241
>>72999675
>I thought about it but after some careful research I discovered that it was full of filthy Arabs.

Crap. Forgot about that.
>>
>>72999675
What about the many people that smoke pot that have a positive impact on their community? They should be jailed in our already over populated for-profit prisons?
>>
File: pepeblaze.jpg (76 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
pepeblaze.jpg
76 KB, 499x499
ITT: Losers who can't find a weed dealer because they don't have any friends. Stay cucked betas.
>>
It cures cancer.
>>
>>73005168
My problem is that most people ARE irresponsible. Just look at how an average college student handles alcohol.

You can't filter out those who are capable of using it with intelligence, but even if you could, it would just generate even more butthurt from the people who are denied.

It can't be age restricted, because we can all see grown men and women acting like children.

I'd say we should wait until the average intelligence goes up a little. (and I'm not talking about IQ, but common sense, and the ability to think about the consequences of one's actions)
>>
File: 32.jpg (26 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
26 KB, 390x310
>>73005259
>mfw stoners can't even grow the right ingredients to make a pizza when they need to satisfy the munchies after they toke up
>>
>>73005829
Could you list five examples of people having a positive impact on their community because of smoking weed? (with some form of citations, of course)
>>
>>73004451
That's why stoners are usually the valedictorian of their classes?
>>
>"your body is your temple" I said under a mound of Cheeto crumbs on hour 14 of my 4chan marathon
>>
>>73006212
I said people who smoke that have positive impacts , not people who have positive impacts by smoking, your worse than lyin' Ted
>>
Because it smells like shit
>>
Can trigger latent schizophrenia or psychosis.
>>
I developed minor schizophrenia from it and social anxiety

But that's only because I started smoking when I was 13 and smoked too much of it growing up and I was surrounded by bad people. I can still enjoy it when I'm on my own and I am in a good mood though. Weed tends to amplify the current mood I'm in. If I'm feeling down and I smoke I might just go suicidal and have depersonalisation episodes but if I'm having a good day weed makes it a lot better. Another downside is spending a lot of money on food.
>>
>>73006182
Dude, what?

1.:I'm not a stoner, I'm on the opposite side

2.:I'm not growing this stuff for some pizza, but for the majestic, traditional, hungarian goulash.
>>
>>72992427
gubbmint can't tax it if you grow it on your own

also fuck smoking in general, producing obnoxious fumes without regard for others, regardless of whether it is toxic or not
>>
>>73006571

See if you can get high CBD and low THC percentage weed. CBD is antipsychotic whereas THC is the opposite. Our euro weed is grown to have 1% or less CBD and 10% and up THC
>>
>>73006621
You not being a stoner makes sense why you'd think weed is less popular than in the west. Eastern Europe is flooded with Albanian bunko.
>>
File: GALO BAIT.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
GALO BAIT.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>72998569
>>72997758
>>72998719

GOOD JOB
GOOD EFFORT
>>
>>73005064
/thread
>>
File: puzzled.jpg (36 KB, 411x523) Image search: [Google]
puzzled.jpg
36 KB, 411x523
>>73005983
>>
>>73006441
False.
It all smells different depending on the grower and strain.
Try again.
>>
>>72993395
What strain and what are using to smoke?
>>
File: 1462381703927.jpg (44 KB, 450x413) Image search: [Google]
1462381703927.jpg
44 KB, 450x413
>>73006941
>>73006941
Go deeper
>>
>>73006621
I know that. I'm agreeing with you.

The joke is that pizza is a common target for satisfaction when they get the munchies, but since they would rather grow weed than tomatoes and such, they can't have that.
>>
>>73006811
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll really have to dig for some high cbd stuff. And I always thought to myself how the higher the thc the purer the exper nice but turns out it was fucking me up even more.
>>
>>72995348
This. Check out PsychedSubstance.
>>
>>73006433
You mean people having a positive impact *despite* smoking? (Sorry, if I misunderstood. almost 3AM here.)

Those probably are the responsible ones, using it moderately, but then again, "moderation" and "responsibility" are not among the first words that come to mind when we speak about the average people.
>>
I thought the majority of /pol/ would be on board with the dank.
>>
>>73004451
i feel the same way about alcohol drinkers
fuck drug abusers, all of them. should be hanged.
>>
>>73007190

Yeah bro, I have experienced the same stuff. High THC really fucks me up now. Started when I was 15 and called it quits 3 years later. Clammy hands, racing heart, paranoia, voices in my head.
>>
>>72992618
You don't have to smoke it. I used a vaporizer when I was a user. More efficient, high didn't scramble my mined as much since different chemicals were activated, and less unhealthy since there's less carcinogens being inhaled.
>>
>>73006740
>this thing is annoying or disgusting if done in public, and should therefore be made illegal

What is sex?
>>
>>73007250
Exactly, that's what separates the men from the boys. Moderation, responsibility, and being able to do what you have to do while still doing what you want
>>
>>73007168
Damn, I'm misunderstanding everything now. I should probably sleep already...

Anyway, thanks for clearing this up.
>>
>>72998681
Except the war on drugs costs more than it would be to pay for rehabilitation or whatever else. Nice try statist.
>>
>>72992427
I don't think it should be illegal, but when you need to do something recreational like this to feel good then you need to reevaluate your life. It'll probably just be a gateway drug anyway, if it becomes a non-issue the way the country wants it to be. People think they're hardcore already for smoking weed. If it's becomes a household thing they'll want to go hardcore for doing crack once the weed loses its effects.

People are already incredibly irresponsible with alcohol, yet we want this to be on the same level. All you have to do to sell alcohol properly is just add a "Please drink responsibly" line. >I'm sorry your kid was hit by a drunk driver. We told him to drink responsibly
>I'm sorry kid was killed by some druggie who thought he was a 6ft fly. We told him to smoke responsibly
>>
>>73007687
sex outdoors is also illegal
>>
>>72997129
That's going to be the default after federal legalization because virtually every state has laws criminalizing marijuana to some degree or another. It's not like things are going to go from "muh chilluns" to DUDE WEED LMAO the second the bill is signed.
>>
>>73005924
Im pretty sure this is spot on actually.
>>
Can you really trust the general population to be responsible with the use of such a hard drug? Let's face it, it's become one with how potent it is.
>>
>>73007934
It's fine, I probably could have worded it differently.
>>
>>72992427
There are no good reasons, OP. MuhDegeneracy doesn't cut it anymore.
>>
>>73008185
If weed is the sole source of pleasure in someones life there is a problem. People under the influence of cannabis do perform better driving than those who have been drinking. Their is evidence of this if you want to look it up. Weed isn't for everybody, people with no self control need to stay away, but otherwise its "harmless".
>>
>>73008578
You don't need friends with the advent of the Internet. You can find most drugs on Craigslist if you know where to look. There's subreddits for heron connections on Reddit too. And of course, the deep web.

I hadn't even mentioned synthetics and legal psychedelics.
>>
>>72993043
I dont drink alcohol so no argument there
>>
>>72992427
It smells bad.
>>
>>73008913
>Weed isn't for everybody, people with no self control need to stay away, but otherwise its "harmless".
I agree. I live in WA state and the school I went to drove the point home that it's still harmless and common sense says to stay away from anything if you have an addictive personality. Pretty sure two of my science teachers used hydroponics as an excuse to talk about weed, too.
>>
>>73009348
You learn to love it.
>>
>>72993728
Lsd isn't very common anymore since the biggest lab producing it was shut down. Most stuff sold as mdma and lsd are research chemicals.

None of these drugs are safe for consumption for someone behind the wheel, and people WILL drive under he influence, so all drugs should be illegal imo, if public safety is your thing
>>
>>72992427
Americans are welcome when it's legal.
>>
>>73009348
So do you. You deserve to be imprisoned and scoured until deemed fit to reenter society.
>>
>>73011309
lol chill
>>
>>72992831
It's our job as members of the human race to promote behavior that raises the quality of life.

It's an uphill battle against da joos.
>>
File: pol.jpg (28 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
28 KB, 250x250
>itt all these libtard reddit faggots posting on /pol/ complaining about fascism and national socialist ideology

Where do you think you are, idiots?
>>
File: ElmJZAw.png (129 KB, 186x264) Image search: [Google]
ElmJZAw.png
129 KB, 186x264
>>72992543
>Used for thousands of years
>Natural growing plant

hurr durr le degenerate!!
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.