[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do feminists not see the inherent irony of saying "it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: Daily struggle.png (445 KB, 952x726) Image search: [Google]
Daily struggle.png
445 KB, 952x726
How do feminists not see the inherent irony of saying "it's sexist to think you have dress up or have a barbie like a barbie doll to be a woman" but then they condone transsexuals when they start trying to make themselves look like the other sex?
>>
>>72987756

there is no point to reason with them

They dont care about contradictions, they only care about looking like a virtuous victim fighting against a strong oppresor that does not even exist
>>
File: 1439734000645.jpg (122 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1439734000645.jpg
122 KB, 600x800
>>72987935
>they only care about looking like a virtuous victim fighting against a strong oppresor that does not even exist
So basically /pol/ but instead of jews its patriarchy or whatever
>>
File: 1459803640444.jpg (279 KB, 1088x897) Image search: [Google]
1459803640444.jpg
279 KB, 1088x897
>>72988281
Hey guys :( this dude kinda right nah ? whats up im confused , am i a faggots actually ?

He is actually shilling ?
>>
>>72988281

> Jews don't exist

Don't be an idiot

You say something about niggers or jews, you lose everything no matter how famous you are (this has even happened to idols like Hulk Hogan)

You can accuse white people of anything and nothing is going to happen to you (heck, you can even write a book title "stupid white men" and get millions, Mandela sang "kill the boer" and no one ever gave a damn)

That you believe that such situations are even similar proves how stupid you are
>>
>>72987756
I'm a feminist. I believe gender is a social construct. People should be able to dress, behave, and talk however the fuck they want regardless of what set of genitals they were born with.

So if someone is born with a penis and wants to wear makeup and dresses and call themselves a girl, that's fine. They're defying the social constructs of gender and instead being themselves, and yes, that is kind of brave.

I do however think it's extremely fucked up to encourage people to mutilate their bodies in order to fit into society's standards of what "gender" they fit into, so I'm not really a big supporter of Caitlyn Jenner.

I just don't see why having a penis or a vagina should determine how people are allowed to act. Let people be themselves, why is that such a big fucking deal to you people?

>inb4 "bait"
I thought /pol/ was more than one person. Stop assuming that people who don't share your opinions are automatically trolls or shills.
>>
>>72989271

What exactly is brave about defying social contructs, when the whole jewish media is ready to applaud you for rejecting values that are not even enforced anymore?
>>
File: 1459623022161.png (405 KB, 991x521) Image search: [Google]
1459623022161.png
405 KB, 991x521
>>72988987
this man is right
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (562 KB, 748x2009) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
562 KB, 748x2009
>>72988638
How much of a retard do you have to be to take in all your political """""""knowledge"""""" from little easy to read inforgraphics with big red arrows to make sure you dont get confused read all five lines of text? Come back after you have done your own research kiddo and have some academic historical sources
>pic related: another retarded infographic for you to consume without thinking too much
>>72988987
>>jews dont exist
>men dont exist

also you sound exactly like one of those feminists desperately trying to paint themselves as some heroic victim
>>
>>72989702

Those feminists get invited to the UN and get paid millions. Such oppression!!

Someone that openly criticizes Jews faces loss of job in USA, and 3 years in jail in Europe

That you can't tell the contrast is baffling
>>
>>72989483
Because if you defy the social construct you get ridiculed and belittled. That's why I can't order "girly" drinks at a bar when beer literally tastes like piss.
>>
>>72989271
>I believe gender is a social construct
Based on what evidence?
>>
>>72989991
oh no boohoo someone went to the UN you are so oppressed man. you are the biggest victim in the world right now you must be sooo brave
>>
>>72989271
>I'm a feminist
>Valid opinion
>>
>>72990117

I don't drink the drinkable jew (I like my liver too much) so I guess I can't quite give a opinion about what is going on in a bar

But I don't know what you expect to happen in a place full of drunks, you will get made fun of so what?

I could run on the streets nude to defy social standards, but i would not call that brave

I would call that retarded
>>
>>72990148
Because gender exists and we have not yet determined any biological reason why men wear pants and women wear skirts.
>>
>>72987756
They feel like barbies are forcing the idea that that is "the perfect female body", which they don't like. Trans people want to be that way so they support them.
>>
>>72990290
That you think that your response is a valid argument destroys what little honour our country has left, you worthless troglodyte. The point here is that the comparison simply does not work because feminists are clearly privileged in ways that white men can only dream, especially in terms of criticism. A feminist has every right to make any claim, regardless of how spurious they are, but men, white ones especially, are called racists and sexists for asking valid questions and making valid observations.
>>
>>72990290

> missing the point

Those feminists are not being oppressed. People that get prizes and awards of millions of bucks are not oppressed in any sense of the word

People that criticize the Jews are (heck, if you are palestinian, you don't even need to criticize them, they will bulldoze your house for the keks, and the world won't give a damn)
>>
>>72990457
Okay. Here's another. I can't wear purple, even though I like the color. Because if I do so, I'll be mocked.

I mean, we can keep going with this all day. There's literally thousands of examples of how social norms, such as gender expectations, are reinforced by society.
>>
>>72990548
You only define gender based on appearance? Do you think that women and men think exactly the same way? I'm very confused at your position.
>>
>>72990746
>people making fun of you for wearing purple
What? Do you live around a bunch of rednecks or something?
>>
>>72990733
>>72990687
What about all the "privileged women" /pol/ got fired for being racist / sexist against white males?
>>
>>72990457
Oh, and also, I agree. Some social constructs are good. Rules of etiquette, for example, are a social construct. But I like them. They exist for a reason. They keep society polite.

What's the reason for gender roles existing? Can you tell me? How do they benefit society?
>>
>>72991014
Oh, you mean like that one who endorsed pedophilia and wasn't really going after men?

I'm pretty sure that most mainstream leftists find that pretty distasteful anyway.
>>
>>72987756
>what are TERFs
>>
>>72989271
>So if someone is born with a penis and wants to wear makeup and dresses and call themselves a girl, that's fine.

Do you not know what a mental illness is?
>>
>>72990746

I don't see anything wrong with that.

When I go to the supermarket, I know I can't go there without clothes, no matter how much I like being nude. I will be mocked and arrested. That is not oppression, that is etiquette

why would it be brave for me to go to the supermarket nude, and not retarded? why would it be brave (and not retarded) for you to use purple color, if you are aware of the etiquette?

Unless the supermarket is burning and I didn't have time to put on some clothes to save one life, there is absolutely nothing brave about challenging social norms
>>
>>72991187
well idk I thought you said women are so priveleged that they can get away with it unlike males
>>
>>72988281
So /pol/ expresses some concern about the cognitive dissonance of the SJWs... of course then /pol/ is held up like a mirror image to the SJWs. The false equiv comes standard on /pol/ now doesn't it?
>>
File: ABSOLUTELY DEGENERACY.jpg (153 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELY DEGENERACY.jpg
153 KB, 600x600
>>72989271
That doesn't help us repopulate the white race. Get out.
>>
>>72990861
Men and women think different because they are raised differently and society treats them different. The way we think is largely a product of our environment and upbringing.

Also men and women do have different hormones which can impact behavior.

But there is no "female brain" and "male brain". This is nonsense.
>>
>>72991537
if you dont believe any of the things on the left you are a shill. sorry
>>
>>72991480
I actually addressed everything you just brought up in a previous post. See:
>>72991105
>>
>>72991520
Mate, a scientist literally got shit on for wearing a shirt that the feminists didn't like. In the meantime, a feminist reporter literally claimed that men should be sent to concentration camps, and no one did anything about it.

I believe you should see the contrast easily enough.
>>
>>72991820
Not literally, pardon my lack of proper grammar.
>>
>>72991687
>The way we think is largely a product of our environment and upbringing
[citation needed]

Women and men have different hormones and sexual dimorphism exists in the brain.
>>
File: DOn1x3l.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
DOn1x3l.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1280
>>72988638
>believing memes on /pol/ as fact
HOLY KEK
This site is good for getting the less extremist right wing views and that's about it
>>
>>72991105

Depends on which gender role we are talking about

Each one has a biological function

For example: saving women and children first is obvious because sperm is expendable but wombs are not. A single surviving man can repopulate society if it came to that

>>72991014
Women working for social media relationships of private entities, where they are contractually obligated to say no controversial things. If they were working for the government nothing would happen

A prime minister of Sweden can say such things like:
> I think that's what makes many Swedes jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things.
> If two equally qualified persons apply for a job at a workplace with few immigrants, the one called Mohammed should get the job.

if he was talking about jews, claiming they dont have culture, she would be fired in an instant. If she was saying that the one named Mohammed should not get the job, she would cause international outrage by the mass media
>>
>>72990290
Leave those goalposts right where they are, Pierre LaFeuille. You compared /pol/'s tendency to blame jews with the SJW tendency to blame the patriarchy. Someone pointed out the fundamental difference in that you're vaunted as a stunning and brave hero for speaking out against the patriarchy and demonized, possibly incarcerated, for speaking out against jews. Not only does your comparison fall apart, it makes the point you were trying to debunk.
>>
>>72991820
and?...
>>
>>72991881
>The way we think is largely a product of our environment and upbringing
>citation needed
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2014/12/19/371679655/some-early-childhood-experiences-shape-adult-life-but-which
http://www.lehigh.edu/~mhb0/EnvtoPerson.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/post/Does_upbringing_and_environment_affect_the_genetic_characteristics_of_a_person
http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/things-affect-children-upbringing-17061.html
http://forums.psychcentral.com/relationships-communication/14902-how-much-does-our-upbringing-affect-our-judgements.html
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/healthy-connections/201004/can-our-childhood-really-predict-our-future
https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-a-persons-upbringing-affect-their-political-views
https://aeon.co/essays/how-bad-experiences-in-childhood-lead-to-adult-illness
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2014/06/28/adverse-childhood-experiences-affect-adult-behaviors/
https://www.citelighter.com/science/psychology/knowledgecards/environment-in-personality
https://www.ukessays.com/essays/psychology/how-our-environment-affects-our-personality-psychology-essay.php
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3058678/
http://www.psychologydiscussion.net/essays/effects-of-heredity-and-environment-on-our-personality/546
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1440-1819.2000.00642.x/pdf

Should I keep going?

And yeah, hormones do exist. I mentioned that. But some women have higher testosterone levels than the average man, and some men have higher estrogen levels than the average woman. And it all can be changed with some very easy to obtain medications, which most transexuals take. So I don't see how that's anything but a moot point.
>>
>>72992331
Soooo.. the reason men can't wear makeup is because we need more wombs in case society collapses?

I'm not really following your logic...
>>
>>72992898
You seem to have forgotten the salient point presented by our Panamanian friend, which is totally okay. Far be it from me to bully someone with a disability. Women, especially feminists, have more privileges than men.
>>
>>72992927
Do you even read what you're dumping? One of the studies linked in the very first article:

> Although early socioeconomic factors and child gender accounted for the predictive significance of maternal sensitivity for social competence, covariates did not fully account for associations between early sensitivity and academic outcomes.

>Results suggest that a) trait changes were more profound in the first relative to the second half of the transition to adulthood; b) traits tend to become more stable during the second half of this transition, with all the traits yielding retest correlations between .74 and .78; c) negative affectivity declined over time and constraint increased over time; minimal change was observed on agentic or communal aspects of positive affectivity; and d) both genetic and non-shared environmental factors accounted for personality changes.

I never said that environment doesn't have zero impact, but that doesn't mean the genders aren't different. Some of your links are fucking forum links geez.
>>
>>72993562
I never made the claim that personality is 100% determined by upbringing. Nobody has ever made that claim.

I said it was largely influenced by upbringing and environment. Environment and upbringing play a large role in how you turn out as a person.

Are you seriously arguing against that? Reallllllyyy?? I mean we're talking about basic, common sense.
>>
>>72994044
>I never made the claim that personality is 100% determined by upbringing.
You made the claim that "gender is a social construct." That implies that women and men are exactly the same and the only differences between them would be because of social factors (i.e. upbringing). Correct what I'm misunderstanding here.

Much of what you posted are worthless opinion-based essays, and none of the actual papers you posted supports the idea that personality is completely environmentally determined or independent of gender.
>>
>>72993187

I gave you an example and you are turning it into a logical fallacy by applying it to a different concept. Come on that is Fallacy 101

Men don't wear make-up because their mating strategy is completely different to the one of women.

Women try to look delicate like flowers and thus the coloring and paint, needing protection for their delicate wombs and the babies they can provide.

Men try to look raw, strong, able to survive the apocalypse and protect that woman.

One message is simply "I don't have make up because I would to start to look like a clown when i start to sweat like a man, working hard to protect you and provide you, as the sweat starts to spill the colors all over each other"

You won't see the makeup unless you are in your bathroom looking at yourself in the mirror, so if you leave home with makeup on your face you are obviously wearing it for others, sending them a message

The message a man with make-up is trying to send to others, is confusing and absurd: you are telling them that you don't sweat? that you need protection even when you are a man? that you are gay?

It is absurd so it is obvious people will make mockery of you

Mind you, some male members of royalty used to have special ritual make up to signal the fact that they didn't need to care about that because they were so rich and so high caste that they would never need to sweat in their lives: the slaves would do anything

Unless you are a member of some high caste of old royalty of some distant country, what do you wanna use make up for?

What are you trying to signal with it?
>>
>>72991687
>there is no "female brain" and "male brain"
Top fucking kek, there are observable and well recorded differences in the behavior of boys and girls from literally day one, no exaggeration. Sexual dimorphism exists, and the brain is no exception, get the fuck out of here.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.