[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isolationism or Interventionism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: hello.jpg (36 KB, 615x547) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
36 KB, 615x547
Do you guys believe that we should be an Isolationist Country, like Donald Trump pledged America to be? We are in a time period where we need to communicate with other countries and trade with them right?
>>
Neither is good in general.
Sometimes a intervention is necessary, but it should always be the verry last option when all others have failed
>>
File: 5646541.png (194 KB, 287x361) Image search: [Google]
5646541.png
194 KB, 287x361
The last time America was isolationist WW2 happened.
>>
what do we rely on the europoors for, exactly? exotic imports?

we survived without them, we can continue to survive
>>
>>72982952
I am so sick of your kraut nig loving refugees butting in on intelligent conversation.
youre literally standing in a pile of your shit. im asking you, as a friend, to get a shovel and a bag, and gather your shit. buy your shovel from sweeden or someone. just get your shit together. and then once you get your shit together, throw it fucking away in the middle east. where they fucking belong..

I dont understand it, dont you have any sense of national pride or did """'people"""" drive it out of you after WW2
>>
>>72982960
Not necessarily Europe, but what about China, our biggest exporter for cheap goods. Would you say it's reasonable to cut off all ties trading with China because of their tariff prices?
>>
>>72982960
I think it's more about relying on China and the likes of Bengladesh or Mexico for all the clothing and cheap manufacturing of just about anything
>>
>>72983273
china = modern day slavery

i see nothing wrong with taking advantage of a slave state, as long as they know that they are nothing but
>>
>>72982960
We're literally your largest trade partner senpai
>>
We don't need other countries, other countries need us. Look how Iraq was still in the stone ages before we showed them burgers and democracy. Like this if you clap every tiem
>>
>>72982831
you're an idiot

its not isolationism

its noninterventionism

fucking dumb bitch

fuck off shill

in no world does it make sense to be the world police and protect everyone while they talk shit to us and dont give us anything

eurocucks enjoy being mudslimed

south korea enjoy constant posturing by fatty kim

everyone needs to fuck off or pay us if they want help
>>
>>72984130
>We don't need other countries.

So we don't need other countries at a time when global communication is at a high point and we shouldn't exchange ideas or trade goods?
>>
File: yeah right.jpg (83 KB, 715x537) Image search: [Google]
yeah right.jpg
83 KB, 715x537
>>72983856
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_trading_partners_of_the_United_States
>>
File: image.png (389 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
389 KB, 1536x2048
>>72983856
Not by much, we do nearly as much trade with them than the entire EU
>>
Since when does not paying for other country's bullshit mean there will be no communication and no trade?
>>
File: 1461896644288.jpg (397 KB, 1000x1342) Image search: [Google]
1461896644288.jpg
397 KB, 1000x1342
We should be a country.

Not a system.
>>
The US was isolationist for most of its history. Until Wilson and more recently the neocons got their claws in.
>>
We should trade with all countries on a completely neutral basis and cease getting involved in foreign affairs on all other levels,to be horrifically direct about the matter.
>>
>>72984416
the only ideas ive heard from europoors is that we should be accepting refugees
>GREAT FUCKING IDEA, SENPAI
the only trade goods implied from europe is a chastise belt
>NOT FOR ME..

are you a berncuck?
>>
>>72982831
>do you guys think we should have an isolationist county like Trump said or an interventionist country like Trump said?

ftfy
>>
>>72982831
He talks mostly about not getting bogged down in quagmires in the middle east and having moderately protectionist trade policies. I imagine actually going isolationist would be disastrous at this point in time, but Trump's policies seem a lot more reasoned and moderate than that.
>>
>>72982831
>isolationism

When will this meme end? There is a difference between 'isolationism' and 'non-interventionalism'.
>>
Isolationism is the wrong solution.
We need to do the opposite and expand. We shouldn't have stopped once we reached the pacific. We should press on, pushed ever onward by manifest destiny to create an empire upon which the sun would nevet set. Pax americana is the way to the future.
>>
Becoming isolationist will begin to quell the race mixing.
>>
File: 1457470251473.png (57 KB, 754x475) Image search: [Google]
1457470251473.png
57 KB, 754x475
>>72984805
Pax Americana WAS isolationism, and we're not paying for your imperial designs.
>>
>>72982831
>governments are independent as long as their policies don't hurt the US economy
interventionism is retarded
>>
>>72982831
he's not proposed a full isolationist stance.
It's a nuanced stance. Trump would not leave the world stage, but change the way intervention is handled - have a plan, get in, execute, get out (and take something for it!).
No more clueless messing around, no more wasting money.
>>
>>72982960
Americans comsume many many things produced in poor shitholes, high quality asian and european tech too.
>>
We shouldn't have to bankroll the world's stability 2bh
>>
>>72982831
>Want to be isolationist
>"But America, what about the dictator of Kebabistan? The genocide of the WeWuz tribe? The starving people of Shitsylvania? Don't you want to help them?"
>US helps with military, food, aid, hospitals, etc.
>"Fucking imperial Americans think they can just invade and take over."
>Goes back to wanting to be isolationist
>"But America, what about...?"

They want our help they can PAY for our help. You pay exterminators, security, and hitmen to get rid of problems, why not the US?
>>
>>72984348
So do you think we need isolationism then? you obviously told me we don't need to be interventionlists
>>
>>72985213
what about brazil then?
>>
File: ivanka.jpg (27 KB, 413x650) Image search: [Google]
ivanka.jpg
27 KB, 413x650
ITS ALL OVER BOYS. TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE! Time to "Start me up" for the General Election against war criminal Hillary Rodham Clinton. Watch : Only one minute long!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBze2CPbMPU

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.